• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
mmhmm. jigs is secretly top tier >_>
She's really good, but unfortunately her lightness keeps her from being top tier. She dies vertically really easily, and horizontally pretty easily, and Fox upairs (and upsmashes) are nightmarish. She's got a lot of good moves though, can recover absurdly well, has good priority, and an instant-kill move. She's fun to play, which is part of why I chose her. Plus, nothing says you're a real man like a cute pink puffball with a high-pitched voice.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
And there is nothing like a pink puffball with a flower on it's ear taunting with it's high pitched voice after destroying a Captain Falcon...

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Ninja Jiggs is the Tum-Tum of the Jiggylpuff costumes; while funny, every one else knows Colt and Rocky could destroy him...

Boy, I hope at least some one else saw "The Three Ninjas" as a kid :(

Nite

Smash Champion
Lol @ The Three Ninjas.

KillaOR has to be the hardest guy in smash that has ever lived and he is known for his jiggly.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that isn't the issue - the issue is that I don't own a Gamecube either. :) I'm probably going to buy a Wii in six months, when I graduate from college, and then get SSBM. I'm trying to not put a major distraction in my dorm room during my very busy senior year. I don't even have a TV in here.
You don't want a major distraction?! Last time I was in your dorm I saw MTG cards covering every square inch of your bed and most of the floor!

Don't kid yourself, you already have distractions! :p Solo-learning to shffl won't make it that much worse I don't think. You must tap into your full potential! You must practice to achieve great skill! [/semi_inspirational]

(On a side note, I just realized that after this year I won't be able to play with some of the Vandy peeps anymore since you're seniors. :( )

EDIT: I just noticed that the main page hasn't quite been updated. Namely, I noticed Titanium Dragon hadn't been added. Any chance we could get him and any others edited onto the main list?

TridenT

Smash Cadet
You UT livers need to get out to Farragut once in a while. Red'll be moved in soon, I presume, and we can get smashed by him on a regular basis!

And if all else fails, we can smash at GameCrazy. BYOstuff.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Hey, if I can get a ride I'll go.

And if I bring my A game I can trade blows with Red...the problem is my A game is a fickle mistress :(. I'm working on it though!

TridenT

Smash Cadet
I was working on my pair of mains last night, and I realized something...

And I discovered I owe Red an apology. See, what I brought him wasn't my A game. It wasn't even my B game. In fact, my C game showed up to kinda say hi and mingle a bit, then turned things over to my D game.

But apparently, I'm so rusty it's absurd. Out of twenty-odd matches, I was able to beat a level 9 Ganon once. The CPU was handing it to me... I felt so pitiful.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I was working on my pair of mains last night, and I realized something...

And I discovered I owe Red an apology. See, what I brought him wasn't my A game. It wasn't even my B game. In fact, my C game showed up to kinda say hi and mingle a bit, then turned things over to my D game.

But apparently, I'm so rusty it's absurd. Out of twenty-odd matches, I was able to beat a level 9 Ganon once. The CPU was handing it to me... I felt so pitiful.
What are you doing fighting a level 9? You can beat them without getting hit by shielding, they'll grab ASAP, you sidestep, then smash or something. If you want to actually practice stuff that'll work on humans, try lvl 1s. They DI randomly, and won't interrupt you very much while you work on technical stuff.

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, lvl 1s are the best to train against if I say so myself.

Spaceballs- You don't get rep until you get that evil 666 post count out of there.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I use lvl 7's myself, though sometimes they do rather odd things. That and they power shield with alarming frequency.

Say, Memphis guys! I may have time to spare in early January before heading back to Knoxville. Is there a possibility a small something may be arranged?

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'm always up for some Smash, and I know the rest of the Run7 is as well. I'm sure more Memphis dudes are more than willing to Smash though.

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Isn't there always some kind of INN _something_ going on in Memphis? It's like the TN smash headquarters, or some such.

And I don't know what I was doing taking on a 9... my human opponents are all but gone (hence my horrible rust) and I'm waiting on Red to move in, Virg to get simultaneous free time, and whomever else is in Knoxville to crawl out of the woodwork.

I had no idea level 1's were any good for practicing... huh. The More You Know, right?

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
If you're talking smash, and you're talking TN (or any other mid-south area state/location), then you GOTTA be talking INNsomnia.

It's the biggest thing to hit the south (yes, bigger than those dang yankees back in the day...) haha.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I'm always up for some Smash, and I know the rest of the Run7 is as well. I'm sure more Memphis dudes are more than willing to Smash though.
Excellent! I'll try to get in touch with you guys when the time comes. Hopefully I can fully represent East Tennessee...even though I'm from Memphis, but now I'm just getting into technicalities.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ok so like i said im back. ill probobly start doing biweekly get togethers with monthly tournaments but there is no definate. anyway its good to be back

TridenT

Smash Cadet
New Year's Resolutions:
~Start going to Smash events
~Work on Ness and Jiggly
~Eat my Wheaties

This is the earliest I've made resolutions!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Actually the next biweekly is on the 29th, then... maybe the 12th - that's the day my new work schedule comes out, so depending on when they move me to depends on if the 12th happens, or if it gets bumped or what...

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Where exactly do you live and have you come to any Bi-weeklies yet? I am pretty sure I would notice another Ness seeing as they are the most scarce player other then maybe Link, Mario, and Samus; which only have one person maining them.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Where exactly do you live and have you come to any Bi-weeklies yet? I am pretty sure I would notice another Ness seeing as they are the most scarce player other then maybe Link, Mario, and Samus; which only have one person maining them.
he hasn't been to any biweeklies yet. he goes to school with fufu and me, so we play a lot in the senior lounge. the next chance i get to go to a biweekly, imma try to bring him.

Handorin

Smash Hero
DANGZ, another Ness player. REPRESENT! Come to my house this Friday with Yang, I'll help you out with Ness.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
he hasn't been to any biweeklies yet. he goes to school with fufu and me, so we play a lot in the senior lounge. the next chance i get to go to a biweekly, imma try to bring him.
Oh. That clears that up. Now my true question is this, does he play Ness because of his love for the Earthbound game?

Psi

Smash Cadet
For the record, I played ness before I knew there was a yyg. and I never played earthbound either. weird huh?

Hand-
I really want to come but I've already got plans. I'm definitely gonna take you up on that offer soon though. Very soon.

Top Bottom