• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Just one stock???? Hmm last time I checked when I'm falco its 2 or 3. Don't get me wrong your good and you're getting better, but I still "own" you. The question here = Have you even seen me try???? I usually only beat you by one stock when I'm DK.

As for giving you respect, HA, I'll give you some respect when you 2 or 3 stock my falco, or better yet, when you beat my falco in a match for the first time. As for that whole owning statement, I think I said that before I even played you.......but it still stands true. I know....... I'm a *******.

:urg: but seriously, I got your falco down to one stock two times (as ganondorf). Not to mention the epic Jiggylpuff ditto we had...we should have recorded that.

And my mewtwo = your DK, as of now...

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
@Red_Ninja- Hey man, being cocky isn't cool. The smash community is a friendly one. Oh, and you should try to take Nite's money, he sucks...he always is all "blah blah $50 money matchzorz!!!!" but he never wins and keeps trying...I don't know how much money he's thrown away like that...when will he learn?

R74L *****es

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
@Red_Ninja- Hey man, being cocky isn't cool. The smash community is a friendly one. Oh, and you should try to take Nite's money, he sucks...he always is all "blah blah $50 money matchzorz!!!!" but he never wins and keeps trying...I don't know how much money he's thrown away like that...when will he learn?

R74L *****es
I'm not really being cocky, virgilijus and I are friends, he knows I mean no harm by my "cocky" talk. As a general rule of thumb though, when I'm falco I beat him by more than one stock. I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying that I own all of knoxville. Come the 14th of November KO Kingpin and maybe Keta, and Seth are coming to my house to smash. They will probably shut my cocky *** up and "own" me.

As for Nite's $50.00 mm I accept, but why don't we make it $100.00 instead? I don't know about where I can play you though unless you can come to knoxville or meet me halfway to memphis sometime.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
:urg: but seriously, I got your falco down to one stock two times (as ganondorf). Not to mention the epic Jiggylpuff ditto we had...we should have recorded that.

And my mewtwo = your DK, as of now...
That jigglypuff ditto was awesome, I wish we had recorded that too. And yes, your mew2 is just as good or better than my DK. Just to let you, and other people (other people that think im a cocky ******* specifically.) know, you do have my respect, I was just messing around with the whole, " HA blah blah blah thingy". You're a great smasher and I look forward to smashing with you again on tuesday and many other times.

Nite

Smash Champion
As for Nite's $50.00 mm I accept, but why don't we make it $100.00 instead? I don't know about where I can play you though unless you can come to knoxville or meet me halfway to memphis sometime.
That's cool. I can do $100 instead. By any chance are you coming to KO's tournament on the 25th? I might be there, so we can definitely do it then. Let me know.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
That's cool. I can do $100 instead. By any chance are you coming to KO's tournament on the 25th? I might be there, so we can definitely do it then. Let me know.

I might also be there as well. To be honest I doubt I can make it though, that is one reason KO is coming to my house, we have already talked about the possiblility of me coming over the 25th and it doesn't look very good.

Maybe sometime I can make it to memphis though, I'm really trying to make it to an INN, or even just a biweekly. Until then good luck to all participating in at the INN tonight and like I previously said, I am sorry if I offended anyone at all.:dizzy:

Nite

Smash Champion
I might also be there as well. To be honest I doubt I can make it though, that is one reason KO is coming to my house, we have already talked about the possiblility of me coming over the 25th and it doesn't look very good.

Maybe sometime I can make it to memphis though, I'm really trying to make it to an INN, or even just a biweekly. Until then good luck and like I previously said, I am sorry if I offended anyone at all.:dizzy:
Alright man, that sounds good. Whenever we can do is fine with me. You kinda came off as a jerk to Virigilus, but no offense was taken. I joke around with my friends the same way.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
Hey Nite, let me know if you get some free time through out the week, or, even better this summer. I will have at least 3 free days a week during the summer because I will be out of college and will only have to work Fri, Sat, and Sun. I will also have PTO hours stored up. So unless something else comes up I will be free Mon-Thurs come summertime. KO and I are working on "The Smash Van", which will probably never happen but would be the coolest thing ever created. It would be a huge conversion van with tvs and cubes and or wiis. Its purpose of course would be for transporting lots of smashers to different tourneys in surrounding states if not all states.

Peace

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
@Red_Ninja- Hey man you should try to take Nite's money, he sucks...he always is all "blah blah $50 money matchzorz!!!!" but he never wins and keeps trying...I don't know how much money he's thrown away like that...when will he ever learn
sorry for posting in here but come on lance shame on you always trying to hustle somebody.LOL!

and hey redninja try not to double post. edit button ftw

TridenT

Smash Cadet
Hey Nite, let me know if you get some free time through out the week, or, even better this summer. I will have at least 3 free days a week during the summer because I will be out of college and will only have to work Fri, Sat, and Sun. I will also have PTO hours stored up. So unless something else comes up I will be free Mon-Thurs come summertime. KO and I are working on "The Smash Van", which will probably never happen but would be the coolest thing ever created. It would be a huge conversion van with tvs and cubes and or wiis. Its purpose of course would be for transporting lots of smashers to different tourneys in surrounding states if not all states.

Peace
You didn't mention a Smash Van on the phone the other night! That'd be JAWSOME!

But... I've not nearly got the skills to pay 50-to-100-dollar bills... That'd be paycheck suicide.

Handorin

Smash Hero
A Smash Van would be godly. Hook those set ups and play on the way. That's what I do on my DVD player on trips.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
sorry for posting in here but come on lance shame on you always trying to hustle somebody.LOL!

and hey redninja try not to double post. edit button ftw
I am fully aware of Nite's skill in smash, his falco in particular. I knew that Lance was just messing around about Nite throwing his money away all the time. I would never believe that a crew member would say that a fellow crew member "sucks". Sorry for the double post BMW.

I actually might get the van soon, I will try and make the van drive as smooth as silk so we can play smash without a lot of disturbances.

Joeyo124

Smash Rookie
Hey im from Nashville Tennessee
Im new to these boards, im really looking for a tournament in Tennessee, anyone know where i can find one?

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
Virgilijus, had fun smashing with you last night, it was awesome. You now have my respect in all of its glory sir..... wtf?? How does next tuesday or thursday sound for yet another eventful night?

Also Trident, it was nice to meet up with you and smash. Like I said earlier when I get moved into my condo it is open up for you, virgilijus, KO, Nite, JMOAN, Lance87, lvl9, BMW, and anyone else who live in TN/Arkansas/Kentucky/.......Florida/Californa, whoever, and from wherever is welcome at my condo literally anytime, as long as I get a PM or call beforehand, and as long as your not a serial killer, and your reason for being there is for playing smash and not for butt s e x.
For a list of complete rules and restriction visit http://red_ninja's.condo.smash/restrictions.com

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Virgilijus, had fun smashing with you last night, it was awesome. You now have my respect in all of its glory sir..... wtf?? How does next tuesday or thursday sound for yet another eventful night?

Also Trident, it was nice to meet up with you and smash. Like I said earlier when I get moved into my condo it is open up for you, virgilijus, KO, Nite, JMOAN, Lance87, lvl9, BMW, and anyone else who live in TN/Arkansas/Kentucky/.......Florida/Californa, whoever, and from wherever is welcome at my condo literally anytime, as long as I get a PM or call beforehand, and as long as your not a serial killer, and your reason for being there is for playing smash and not for butt s e x.
For a list of complete rules and restriction visit http://red_ninja's.condo.smash/restrictions.com
Yeah, next Tuesday or Thursday is good for me :)

You have a website for your condo? My appartment is put to shame!

Nite

Smash Champion
I wish we could take it to the biweekly. I am going to be at the biweekly, but I don't think Red_Ninja is going to. We kinda need both of us there for it to happen. Whenever it happens, I guess we will get it on video. But just for you Viewtiful Jon.

Red_Ninja

Smash Cadet
Lmao, no I don't have a website for my condo restrictions, you guys are very gullible. That makes my day, but you guys are still welcome at my place any time, seriously, as long as I get a notice.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
And KO, since I feel left out by being the only one with out their mains listed on the first page, I would like to say that my main is Marth, but I also have a supposedly mean Jigglypuff and Mewtwo...yeah, I know.

Edit: Don't read this...

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I've not posted here in ages, or even visited in a while, but I, too, am in Nashville, TN... at Vanderbilt, actually. My mains are Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Mewtwo, and Pichu (yeah, bottom tier FTL).

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Titanium. That's an elite line up you got there. Hahaha.
Oh yeah, nothing but the best :p Between them all I have a whole character though!

Actually, Jiggs is pretty good. Unfortunately, the three other mains I have all have issues - Yoshi is great, other than not having a triple jump and being unable to jump out of his shield. Pichu is fast, but is light and hurts himself, and his kill moves are generally inconvenient. And Mewtwo has wonderful recovery and pretty good mobility, but kind of sucks when it comes to the whole "attacking" thing. But hey...

Part of the reason I have terrible mains was because I was worried I was going to get to the point where I played too well for my friends and wouldn't be fun to play against, so intentionally chose characters considered to be weak which were fun to play so that I'd not lose the people I played with. As my friends have gotten better and I've run into better people (JMoan and MSlano), its not as much of a concern but I've never really focused on a character since I started playing, so my mains remain terrible characters (I also play a fair bit of Bowser). I'm trying to play Jigglypuff more as I like her and do fairly decently with her, but not wonderfully, so am focusing on her more rather than just playing random characters as I tend to do.

My main problem is technical skill, or lack thereof - as I don't own the game, the main way I practice out new skills is by getting owned while practicing them "live". As such, a lot of my technical skills are far from perfect - I basically had to learn how to wavedash and shorthop while playing, as I have no other way to practice, so I'm still not perfect at them and other technical skills. Basically, I'm not quite experienced enough to be "good", but I've got pretty decent prediction skills and some strategy, though it is far from great. I have a very hard time beating MSlano and people of his skill range, so I'm an order of skill below him - I probably only beat him 5-10% of the time in singles, and generally if I do win its because he did something dumb like self-death. Oftentimes he'll two stock me, probably about 50% of the time. So, I'm not that good, but I'm learning.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Go out and buy the game like I did. I suck again though from the rust because I cant play anyone though. =(

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, I believe it costs $20 now so you could probably just stop by EB and pick up a copy with little skin off your back.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Well, I believe it costs $20 now so you could probably just stop by EB and pick up a copy with little skin off your back.
I actually believe it is still 29.99...but they may have changed it since Wii launch.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Oh, that isn't the issue - the issue is that I don't own a Gamecube either. :) I'm probably going to buy a Wii in six months, when I graduate from college, and then get SSBM. I'm trying to not put a major distraction in my dorm room during my very busy senior year. I don't even have a TV in here.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, if you buy a Wii in 6 months, then just wait another 2-3 for brawl. =P

Nite

Smash Champion
Titanium- Yea, playing with a lot of low tier characters is hard. Especially if you are trying to play them in tournament play. You seem to be on the right track going all Jiggs though. That would probably be your best bet. Jiggs is definitely the best character that you listed of the characters that you play. Jiggs is a very good character and has a lot of potential if you are dedicated to learn how to play with her. I would play only jiggs for a while if I was in your situation.

Top Bottom