• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This is one of my favorite animes. The first and only mech anime I ever liked.

Talk about what you liked and what you didn't like[these exist?] in the series.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
.. You mean Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Yes, it's a fantastic mecha, probably in my top ten. If you like this but not other mecha (I'm assuming you've tried watching popular stuff like Gundam, Eureka Seven, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Code Geass, etc) they you may like watching all the old super robot type mecha shows. Try looking for classics like Mazinger z or Golion/Voltron.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I've tried Gundam and hated it. I have a love-hate relationship with Code Geass so that's weird. Its just a genre i dislike and TTGL didn't even make me feel like i was watching a mecha.
I heard somewhere that it was a tribute to older mecha animes but I wouldn't know.

I think what I like most about TTGL is how their characters were easy to relate to, the art style, the humor, and all of the stupid little speeches that got me all giddy for no reason.

The music near the end of the show is some of the best i've heard in Anime.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
This is my favorite anime of all time and it taught me how to be a real man.

I'm trying to reupload my cute Nia avatar but it isn't working.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Giga!! Drill!!! BREAKER!!!!

Most epic move...
QFT

I'm on the 16th episode English dub right now, I watched all the Japanese dubs, I just like to watch most of my anime in English. My favroite chracter is still Nia, she has flower pupils, and her hair is like a cloud, how epic is that. :D

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
Glad to know there is more people who love the anime. Don't see many fans. =(

It's definitely one of my top favorite animes. I might watch it again.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I love TTGL mainly because mecha is my favorite genre and love the cliche of it along with over the top exaggeration of everything. It just goes and proves a show doesn't have to be original to be good. Also love all the references to other mech shows.

Levitas

the moon
This show is the primary reason I take the time to read every choknater post I see.

Waaaaaay better than the last year or so of anime.

Top Bottom