• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Question for y’all. Should Ms. Pac-Man have been a costume or an Echo Fighter?
Probably a costume. Unlike some of the other echo options(Dixe, Tails, Protoman), I don't know what you'd do to make her different from Pac-Man.

If a Resident Evil vs Ace Attorney war starts then I have no idea on whose side I'll be. I guess I'll be a fence sitter and support both sides.
Both are cool and all, but you could help me shill for another Mega Man character. Or Dante.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am actively hoping the entire pass is 3rd parties that expand the crossover. So series that have absolutely nothing in Smash at this point.

I also personally just want the big bois, and I simply think they’ll come from Namco and Capcom.
I’ll keep saying this till I’m officially proven wrong. Dark Souls and Crash Bandicoot.

Probably a costume. Unlike some of the other echo options(Dixe, Tails, Protoman), I don't know what you'd do to make her different from Pac-Man.

Both are cool and all, but you could help me shill for another Mega Man character. Or Dante.
I mean.... how different are Richter and Simon? Daisy and Peach?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The only thing I have in mind is her inheriting Pac’s lazy fruit custom neutral combined with the bonus fruit from her game was well as various other animations and such.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I played the version on the Devil May Cry Collection on Xbox One. It was so hard it wasn’t even fun. I still have no clue why I won when I did and not when I didn’t. I just felt like I got lucky and had enough health and Devil stars. And it had the goal to finally give me easy mode after I died a bunch of times, 5 ****ing chapters in! It could have at least let me pick it from the beginning. That felt like the game was somehow itself being an *******.

So I got all the way to the final Vergil fight on normal mode. I was willing to suffer through. Spending days on a single boss fight. Grinding the pacing down to a screeching haunt. But that fight made me throw my controller down in frustration.

This rule EXISTS to keep franchises like Pokémon and Fire Emblem from completely overtaking the cast and making it into Pokémon x Fire Emblem. In any other game I can root for more FE. But not when we have EVERYONE back. I’d be fine if Marth and or Ike were the mainstays and the others cycled in and out. But that’s not what happened here.

I could at least beat the final boss in 2 and not just give up because I have better things to do than getting my *** kicked by Vergil all day.
I hate to say this but I feel you have to be fundamentally lacking. Vergil's fights are the most 'fair' fights in the game. Granted I ALMOST died to him once as Dante but I had a single health star. ****, in Vergil mode I S ranked the ******

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Welcome to the club.

I think that's going a bit far. We just got our 1st Western 3rd party character and that was because well... initially said character was a Western Nintendo character (made by the same studio that gave us Diddy and K. Rool).

If both of us are right about Leon and that's it for Capcom characters... There's quite a few other top candidates up there.

Heihachi Mishima or Lloyd Irving from Bamco, Crash Bandicoot from Activision Blizzard (kinda Sonic Part 2), Scorpion from WB Games/NRS, The Dragonborn from TES V: Skyrim from the same studio, Rayman from Ubisoft, a Dark Souls character from FromSoftware (and also kinda Bamco).

The field is looking crowded... and that's if the 5th fight pass character is 3rd party, and I only listed the other candidates I consider the most likely.

That said, I think DOOMGUY is going to be a candidate as long as the DLC for Smash Ultimate continues. DOOM is the classic first person shooter, has strong Nintendo ties, is totally unique and cool and awesome, and DOOMGUY would fit Smash in that weird Mature-rating way Bayonetta, Cloud and Snake do. It's a match made in Heaven HELL!
I’m super late here but haha, I meant Doctor Doom as DLC for Ultimate Alliance 3. I don’t actually think Doomguy is in.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The first party that I really want is Tom Nook. I think he'll have his chance next game, if ever. I'd like Fawful as well, but he won't be happening anytime soon.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So I've been wondering about Hero.

In the trailer, we see Erdrick with 4 spells. Those spells are Sizzle, Psyche Up, Oomph, and Snooze. I'm going to assume for the sake of argument that this is his neutral b.

However, later on in the trailer we see the characters using multiple different spells not in that menu, such as Kamikaze, Bounce, Zoom, Kaclang and Kacrackle Slash.

My first instinct is to say that each character has a different four available to them, and they're all echo fighters of each other in a sense.

The site seems to show the characters as skins of Luminary though, which would mean these would be the first skins to actively affect the gameplay of the character you chose. That's one possibility, but it seems like it'd be unnecessarily confusing when you could just make an echo of the original and have another one as a skin for that echo.

The other idea I had is that you choose the four spells for your neutral before going into the match.

The last one I had (which honestly seems the most insane) is that the list is either scrollable or EACH BUTTON HAS A LIST. Which would mean that if each button would get 4 specials this guy would have 16 specials. Needless to say, that'd be pretty ridiculous.

What do you guys think?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So I've been wondering about Hero.

In the trailer, we see Erdrick with 4 spells. Those spells are Sizzle, Psyche Up, Oomph, and Snooze. I'm going to assume for the sake of argument that this is his neutral b.

However, later on in the trailer we see the characters using multiple different spells not in that menu, such as Kamikaze, Bounce, Zoom, Kaclang and Kacrackle Slash.

My first instinct is to say that each character has a different four available to them, and they're all echo fighters of each other in a sense.

The site seems to show the characters as skins of Luminary though, which would mean these would be the first skins to actively affect the gameplay of the character you chose. That's one possibility, but it seems like it'd be unnecessarily confusing when you could just make an echo of the original and have another one as a skin for that echo.

The other idea I had is that you choose the four spells for your neutral before going into the match.

The last one I had (which honestly seems the most insane) is that the list is either scrollable or EACH BUTTON HAS A LIST. Which would mean that if each button would get 4 specials this guy would have 16 specials. Needless to say, that'd be pretty ridiculous.

What do you guys think?
sakurai confirmed on twitter they're all just skins

it does indeed seem that each special move has four different specials mapped to it

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can understand not wanting one series or in this case, one company to not over-saturate the game. It's why you have people disappointed in the amount of Fire Emblem, Pokemon or even Mario characters in Smash. However, even taking the companies out of it, Capcom's got a LOT of iconic characters. Even series like Mega Man and Street Fighter only really scratched the surface of what the characters can do. Particularly the other main protagonists of Mega Man and their own wide array of special moves. It's one of the reasons I want a 2nd Mega Man character, aside from me really liking the series. And don't act like Chun-Li isn't fighting game's most iconic female fighter.

Outside of those two, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are huge. Dante and Viewtiful Joe have amazing style and cool mechanics to implement into the game. Phoenix Wright is practically a modern Nintendo icon, in a similar manner to Mega Man/Castlevania being Nintendo's Play Cousins.

That said, we don't have any evidence that one of the two remaining characters in this Fighter's Pass is from Capcom. There's other options. Namco's also there to consider. Tales has had some popularity in polls for a while, with Lloyd being the one brought up the most. Or a classic character like Dig-Dug. Soul Calibur's had some support, more so recently, but that's because the advent of 3rd parties has made people more hopeful.

And don't get me started on Tekken. One of my all time favorite series. And there's 3 viable options between Heihachi, Jin and Kazuya for a Tekken character, you could even give one the Ken treatment, as the Mishima's are Tekken's version of Shotokans.

Or other general gaming icons like Lara Croft, Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa.

I think it's because they've been a huge part of Nintendo's history, especially on classic consoles. I understand not wanting characters from franchises more focused on other consoles (DMC, RE, etc), but more mega man characters or a Phoenix Wright rep would be excellent.

I do love street fighter, but I'd prefer more Mega Man instead since we only have 1 Mega Man rep compared to Ryu and Ken (admittedly an Echo).
My guy, my buddy, my pal. We're gonna get along well.

Mega Man X and Zero are bros.gif

Be sure to visit my thread and click the link in my sig.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
resident evil's meme game is sorely lacking

this fight is already over
Someone hasn't played RE6.

Or RE5.

Or RE4.

Or the original RE.

Or any video on Sikshadow's YouTube channel.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'll be sad if I don't see Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy get in. That's all. One last NES legend and one influential FPS character, and both have a very notable impact on their respective genres.

Whoever comes in the end, I'll take, though.

Or RE5.

Or RE4.

Or the original RE.

Question. What if we got RE rep, but Jill, Chris, Leon and Ada all share a spot? Yay or nay?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Resident Evil is right up there with Tekken in how much I'd want them as a franchise in Smash

Devil May Cry to a lesser extent too

So I'm all for the Mii costume theory but we all know we shouldn't pay too much attention to patterns

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The first party I want?

As if it was any less obvious.

Andy's the one character who would literally make me "never ask Sakurai for anything again" as the meme goes. And as a fan of this franchise for 15 years it would be another dream come true similar to Banjo. Only on a much larger scale.
I hope the meme and the dream becomes real for you dude.

The only semi-realistic character I want is Crash, and even then I only expect him next game. The first party characters I'd still like are Skull Kid, Black Knight and Porky, but they're all extremely unlikely, maybe Skull Kid has a chance in future games, but I don't think the other two will ever happen, I was really happy Black Knight even got to be an AT. After those there are a few characters that I think would be neat, like Bandana Dee, Ryu Hayabusa and Agumon, but they're not characters I dream of seeing, and it's likely I'd only play them sporadically in casual matches.

I honestly haven't thought much about what I personally want since Ridley got announced, ever since then I've been more hopeful on other fanbases' behalf than my own. I was really happy to see K. Rool and Banjo, even if I had no relation to them myself, I just like these big moments for speculation, and to see a lot of the good people around here be happy also makes me happy. If you gave me the opportunity to pick any one character to make it into Smash next, I'd probably go with Geno or Isaac, because even if I barely know them outside of what Smash speculation has taught me about them, I know their inclusions would mean a hell of a lot more to their fans than any personal wish would for me at this stage.
I forgot to mention Crash last time. He's another major icon that's still on the table.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I completely forgot about manual charge (which would make sense for him to have), so yeah it'd go down to 12. Still pretty crazy for one character.

Or RE5.

Or RE4.

Or the original RE.

I thank RE 4 and 5 for giving us such treasures as "LIKE YOU, I'M AMERICAN" and the art of boulder punching.

Question. What if we got RE rep, but Jill, Chris, Leon and Ada all share a spot? Yay or nay?
Ada playable would actually be incredible. Wouldn't be possible though considering the varying sizes between the characters.

poor claire left out though

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’ll keep saying this till I’m officially proven wrong. Dark Souls and Crash Bandicoot.

I mean.... how different are Richter and Simon? Daisy and Peach?
Richter's Holy Water functions a bit differently, Daisy and Peach had different turnip mechanics, but that was removed. Personally, whatever echoes we get, I want them to live up more to Ken than to Daisy.

The only thing I have in mind is her inheriting Pac’s lazy fruit custom neutral combined with the bonus fruit from her game was well as various other animations and such.
I hadn't considered Pac's customs being used as a basis, which I feel dumb for since that's how I wanted Dark Samus to be implemented to an extent.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll be sad if I don't see Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy get in. That's all. One last NES legend and one influential FPS character, and both have a very notable impact on their respective genres.

Whoever comes in the end, I'll take, though.

Yea.

Like, I'd prefer more individual personality. Leon, Chris, Jill and Ada have very different combat styles. But more representation isn't bad.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes you gotta take a second to realize you’re an embarrassment
Your not though?

If you ask me, your one of my favorite members here. You always have something interesting to say. I don’t understand how your an embarrasment.

D

Deleted member

Honestly any new Mega Man character would get me hype, could be ****ing uhh, generic reploid you rescue as a playable character and I'd still be cool with it. I already got my Capcom guy in, but the company has so many cool, iconic, and popular characters. It's why there's so many goddamn vs games lol. Give Dante pls.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I completely forgot about manual charge (which would make sense for him to have), so yeah it'd go down to 12. Still pretty crazy for one character.
Manual Charge isn't confirmed, it's just that guy's speculation. And personally, I don't think it makes sense - we've actually seen 14 specials already; Lightning Slash in the trailer, which I think people are confusing with the other lightning spell (they have totally different animations though, so they're probably unique), and Heal, which I believe can be seen on the Hero's webpage, in addition to the twelve mentioned in that post. Shameless plug, but my analysis here goes a little more into depth about that. I believe it's a little better than the one you're referencing, though I'm obviously biased.

So yeah, revise that back up to 16 specials. Of course, one of the options could be a manual charge, so maybe 15? Or we've already seen all of them and Hero only has two Up-B options, so 14.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Do it

Call the police
you've forced my hand

1560465367505.png

yes hello, officer?
we're gonna need the positive encouragement police down here stat, one of the best of us is feeling a little down and needs showing that he's not worthless

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I feel like Hero's spell gimmick could be a pain to deal with in fast-paced heated battles. What're you supposed to do if you need to quickly recover? Try selecting the right spell while your opponent follows you off stage and gimps you?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
What I'm wondering is how we choose the Hero's specials. The trailer implies that it's done mid battle, but if the spell you choose becomes your move, does that mean you aren't able to switch what moves you have? It looks really slow too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 misread the post! Ignore this lol.
Well. I have something to say anyway cause I did read it. I don’t just want Crash. I feel he makes more sense from the standpoint of a game designer.

Also. The only think that can prove me wrong is the characters being revealed or the developers of either series pulling a Travis.
I hate to say this but I feel you have to be fundamentally lacking. Vergil's fights are the most 'fair' fights in the game. Granted I ALMOST died to him once as Dante but I had a single health star. ****, in Vergil mode I S ranked the ******
That final fight with him is NOT the easiest fight in the game. He moves too fast for you to even get a hit in. You just get endlessly juggled.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Eh, I have a bit more hope for Terry Bogard, even if he is a bit unlikely as of right now.

I thank RE 4 and 5 for giving us such treasures as "LIKE YOU, I'M AMERICAN" and the art of boulder punching.

Ada playable would actually be incredible. Wouldn't be possible though considering the varying sizes between the characters.

poor claire left out though
Why did I forget about her? Let's go with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom