• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Have fun!
Am seeing it today as well. Would you recommend IMAX or is a regular showing all the same?

Not big into IMAX myself, but it makes more sense than a lot of other films.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Am seeing it today as well. Would you recommend IMAX or is a regular showing all the same?

Not big into IMAX myself, but it makes more sense than a lot of other films.
Oh definitely IMAX for sure. Lots of monster action alone is worth seeing it in that.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh definitely IMAX for sure. Lots of monster action alone is worth seeing it in that.
I wish I could see it in proper IMAX. It's weird how they market some of the larger screens as IMAX, especially with AMC. Luckily we have a full IMAX screen near here, but the selection is limited to the biggest stuff.

The "smaller" IMAX is still incredible though, don't be mistaken! It's just different.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Triple banned for nsfw.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wish I could see it in proper IMAX. It's weird how they market some of the larger screens as IMAX, especially with AMC. Luckily we have a full IMAX screen near here, but the selection is limited to the biggest stuff.

The "smaller" IMAX is still incredible though, don't be mistaken! It's just different.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Triple banned for nsfw.
Well regardless if you don't see it in IMAX or not. I hope you enjoy it too. :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just watched Godzilla King of the Monsters, It was alright.
Hey different opinions man. That's what makes the world a much more unique place.

Though if I had to give my honest opinion about the film. I say its a film I'd only recommend for Godzilla fans and fans of the giant monster genre otherwise GA as a whole not so much as you won't get much from the human element and story.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The current general consensus about SSBU confuses me. Apparently it went from being a return to form into Brawl 3.0? At least that's the public impression I've been getting.
Almost no one is calling it "Brawl 3.0". That's ridiculous, and anyone who's actually tried the game could tell you that. In fact I haven't heard that term since before launch.

Most people like it. You've got a few people who disagree as you always do with these things, but the general consensus is that it's fun.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hey different opinions man. That's what makes the world a much more unique place.

Though if I had to give my honest opinion about the film. I say its a film I'd only recommend for Godzilla fans and fans of the giant monster genre otherwise GA as a whole not so much as you won't get much from the human element and story.
It's not even a bad movie, it's just the human scenes were pretty weak and boring. The monster fight scenes really carried this movie, but I came to this movie precisely for these fight scenes so I wasn't disappointed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's not even a bad movie, it's just the human scenes were pretty weak and boring. The monster fight scenes really carried this movie, but I came to this movie precisely for these fight scenes so I wasn't disappointed.
I'll honestly agree on that. I definitely do think the human story and element was much stronger in G14 then it was in this film with the exception of Serizawa who I thought was better in this film but that's just my opinion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Metal Gear fighters actually sounds like a fun idea just for being able to play as some of the MG series bosses.
Yes, who could forget such amazing classics such as

Big Boss Snake
Venom Snake
Solid Snake
Liquid Snake
Old Snake
Blonde Snake
Liquid Ocelot Snake

really the only snake that's actually different is Solidus

1559675478899.png

look at this absolute unit

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Metal Gear fighters actually sounds like a fun idea just for being able to play as some of the MG series bosses.
The idea is that it's more of a 1v1 arena fighter. You're plopped down in a larger style map based on one of the series iconic locations and each character plays EXACTLY like they do in the base game. When you play a match of Snake vs. The End, it is exactly like that Boss Fight. Some of the "commander" characters even get a squad of goons who must also be eliminated. I don't know if I'm explaining this right... think of it as a boss fight simulator. Different matches can be of vastly different speeds and styles depending on who's playing. Solid Snake vs. Naked Snake is a very different match than Raiden vs. Volgin. There's also a Metal Gear fight mode where you control the franchises iconic mechs.

1. Solid Snake
  2. Meryl Silverburgh
  3. Gray Fox
  4. Revolver Ocelot
  5. Vulcan Raven
  6. Psycho Mantis
  7. Sniper Wolf
  8. Decoy Octopus
  9. Liquid Snake
  10. Johnny Sasaki
  11. Raiden
  12. Olda Gurlukovich
  13. Fortune
  14. Vamp
  15. Fatman
  16. Solidus Snake
  17. Laughing Octopus
  18. Raging Raven
  19. Crying Wolf
  20. Screaming Mantis
  21. Naked Snake
  22. EVA
  23. Colonel Volgin
  24. The Pain
  25. The Fear
  26. The End
  27. The Fury
  28. The Sorrow
  29. The Boss
  30. Master Miller
  31. Venom Snake
  32. Quiet
  33. Skull Face
  34. The Man on Fire
  35. Jetstream Sam
  36. Mistral
  37. Monsoon
  38. Sundowner
  39. Steven Armstrong
  40. Big Boss
  41. DLC
    1. Black Ninja
    2. Bloody Brad
    3. Python
    4. Cyborg Big Boss
    5. Black Arts Viper
    6. Slasher Hawk
    7. La Clown
    8. Harab Serap
    9. Golab
    10. Chaigidiel
Metal Gear Roster
  1. TX-55 Metal Gear
  2. Metal Gear D
  3. Metal Gear REX
  4. Metal Gear RAY
  5. Shagohod
  6. Metal Gear RAXA
  7. Peace Walker
  8. Metal Gear ZEKE
  9. Metal Gear Sahelanthropus
  10. Metal Gear EXCELSUS
  11. DLC
    1. Metal Gear GANDER
    2. Metal Gear KODOQUE
    3. Metal Gear Chaioth Ha Qadesh
    4. Battle Gear
    5. Metal Gear 2

1. Outer Heaven
  2. Zanzibar Land
  3. Shadow Moses Island
  4. The Big Shell
  5. Tselinoyarsk
  6. Groznyj Grad
  7. Middle East
  8. South America
  9. Eastern Europe
  10. Outer Haven
  11. Ambush in Africa
  12. Desperado Research Lab
  13. World Marshal HQ
  14. San Hieronymo
  15. Costa Rica
  16. Mother Base
  17. Camp Omega
  18. Afghanistan
  19. Angola-Zaire Boarder

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hello, playstation players, look at your console, now back to me, now back at your console, now back to me. Sadly, your console isn’t me, but if it stopped using Playstation scented body wash and switched to Xbox, it could smell like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a couch with the console your console could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a comfortable controller with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Xbox and not a Playstation. I’m on Master Chief.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well regardless if you don't see it in IMAX or not. I hope you enjoy it too. :)
Thanks! I'm very much looking forward to it, as a casual giant monster movie fan. I'm a sucker for this type of thing, although I haven't really gotten deep into Godzilla Classic.

Almost no one is calling it "Brawl 3.0". That's ridiculous, and anyone who's actually tried the game could tell you that. In fact I haven't heard that term since before launch.

Most people like it. You've got a few people who disagree as you always do with these things, but the general consensus is that it's fun.
Yeah idk what this is about, lol. SSBU is pretty fantastic. It'd beat Melee as my favorite for 1v1, but I prefer the additional movement options and hitstun of melee. Otherwise? It's on par with it or even exceeding melee in multiple categories.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Yes, who could forget such amazing classics such as

Big Boss Snake
Venom Snake
Solid Snake
Liquid Snake
Old Snake
Blonde Snake
Liquid Ocelot Snake

really the only snake that's actually different is Solidus

View attachment 225831

look at this absolute unit
Honestly you could probably make drastically different move sets for each of the Snakes if they wanted to.

Big Boss could focus more on the survivalist aspect, maybe even get a self heal ability and the ability to throw animals at people.
Venom has all sorts of crazy gadgets, probably they could just focus on the fultons and his "ROCKETO PUUUCH!"
Since old and solid Snake are the same individual you probably don't need to separate them. He'd probably be the base line fighter guy, maybe really focus on his Socom tranquilizer gun.
Liquid always been more of an acrobat and brawler, would probaly make a good rushdown character in comparison to the other Snakes.
Liquid Ocelot would probably just be a skin for Ocelot,

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly you could probably make drastically different move sets for each of the Snakes if they wanted to.

Big Boss could focus more on the survivalist aspect, maybe even get a self heal ability and the ability to throw animals at people.
Venom has all sorts of crazy gadgets, probably they could just focus on the fultons and his "ROCKETO PUUUCH!"
Since old and solid Snake are the same individual you probably don't need to separate them. He'd probably be the base line fighter guy, maybe really focus on his Socom tranquilizer gun.
Liquid always been more of an acrobat and brawler, would probaly make a good rushdown character in comparison to the other Snakes.
okay but where's raiden

Blonde Snake

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This is kind of my line of thinking for gameplay, even though my concept is very different from a traditional fighter.

Also, Liquid should have been a Snake Echo Fighter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, Liquid should have been a Snake Echo Fighter.
nah im on team raiden with this one. we already got a gray fox assist, so raiden either has to be a full fledged cyber ninja fighter or just take from MGS2

Snake's design is already still using his MGS2 one, so it all kinda balances out. The MGS Ken to the Ryu. I mean, he was literally VR trained to be like him.

1559677041011.png

lol I wasn't sure who that was at first, I thought you accidentally mentioned Liquid twice.

I'm pretty sure Raiden's most popular form is his cyborg one. If they wanted to include MGS2 Raiden as a character, he'd probably be a Solid Snake clone.
case in point

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I believe that any other metal gear character that is highly requested (bar raiden) is going to be a snake echo/clone/palette swap.
Solidus Snake and Senator Armstrong though

honestly, Liquid using REX could be a two-stage boss like how Dracula is.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Predictions for the Pokemon direct huh?
1) Legendaries and box covers
2) At least one early route Pokemon (ex. The Pidgey of the region) as they're among the first seen.
3) A Pokemon that showcases a new move or ability. XY showcased both Helioptile and Pancham, who brought Parabolic Charge and Parting Shot respectively, so I expect S/S to follow suit.
4) At least a glimpse at the professor giving the starters.

I'm just expecting the basics since they're trying to start up the hype cycle, so nothing too special just yet. I do hope to get more of the starting town though since I want to see if it takes after Loch Ness or not due to the large lake and Scottish influence on the female trainer.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Before I go any further, hype responsibly. You are responsible for your own disappointment.

In discussion with friends (not leakers) it was found that an admin at Resetera mentioned something about how it would be “nice to see Banjo make a smashing return”. Teasing leaks or stuff like it can result in being kicked off the site. Resetera also usually locks things up if things leak, or potentially leak.

They just locked the roster prediction thread. Not sure why, but it could be connected.

Hype responsibly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom