• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ditto here. My most wanted Capcom rep. If Banjo nor Crash made the cut or any of my other wants like Elma, Black Shadow, Leon Powalski, Sylux and such but she got in. She'd make up for all of them.

Plus we need more quadrupedal characters in the game.
And her final smash would be the best thing ever and her muusic

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey mate, if it makes you happy, go for it. Shame you won't be around for E3 but it's your decision in the end, see ya dude.
Anyways, do you know Sakurai ever mentioned anything about NDAs? Something I've been wondering about.
Well, this one is fresh off of my memory, but I do recall Sakurai directly mentioning NDAs for like music composers creating songs for the Smash Ultimate soundtrack. Other than that, there were also statements about Sakurai mentioning contracts and how they were barely able to get every third-party company to agree to their characters in Ultimate, something about third-party companies wanting certain demands and limitations to get their character in Smash I think. He doesn't directly talk about his feelings of NDAs or how guest character NDAs specifically work.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It is a 2001 game that started two systems prior to the 3DS?

I dont get it man. You can just outright say you want a Resident Evil character thus you dont want any other Capcom IP. That is how most people base their speculation on anyway. It is all biased.

Ace Attorney is also now on every modern system, smart phone, and soon Steam. I would say it having no reach to potential outsiders is a bit hasty. No doubt it cannot compare to RE on raw numbers, but come on now.
The thing is, if it’s not Resident Evil i’d accept it because there’s nothing I can do to change it. I would say I don’t want any other series but that’s simply not true.

If they add Phoenix Wright and he looks super fun, I won’t give a ****. I’ll enjoy it for what it is. That happens for me with every other character.

Would I vastly prefer Resident Evil? Sure! It’s a great series and historically bears quite the legacy. Would I be upset, furious, or dumbfounded if they added Ace Attorney? No, of course not. That doesn’t invalidate what I said however. Resident Evil is leaps and bounds larger than Ace Attorney and provides for a larger fanbase to be included in Smash.

Resident Evil also has Nintendo history, despite that being shown to have negligible impact in the past anyway.

None of that is bias. I made a literal mistake where I typed 3DS rather than DS or GBA, and it was a mistake I acknowledged as it was a slip of the mind. I knew it was on Nintendo consoles prior, but I had a brain fart.

I’m not anti- Ace Attorney. I even plan on playing it because i’m interested in it. I you thought I was, I apologize but that’s simply not the case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, this one is fresh off of my memory, but I do recall Sakurai directly mentioning NDAs for like music composers creating songs for the Smash Ultimate soundtrack. Other than that, there were also statements about Sakurai mentioning contracts and how they were barely able to get every third-party company to agree to their characters in Ultimate, something about third-party companies wanting certain demands and limitations to get their character in Smash I think. He doesn't directly talk about his feelings of NDAs or how guest character NDAs specifically work.
Makes sense, thanks! I'd imagine characters like Snake with his moveset especially might be trouble when negotiating with other third parties. Like, Square Enix has to agree to let Cloud be choked by Snake, which might be an issue in negotiations.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright finished my Bingo, have fun!
Screenshot (228).png

Had to resize it a bit to upload but it should still be readable

Thanks again Wario Bros. Wario Bros.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For the Pokémon Direct, I'm not really expecting anything specific because honestly I don't know what I want to see in it.

Gonna try watching it at work when/if I get the chance.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
15 minutes is a decent chunk of time and they released a ton of info in a similar amount of time for the SMM2 direct, though I'm expecting there may be a decent amount of filler/over-explaining stuff

The only things I'm expecting are second forms for the starters, box legendaries, an explanation of this generation's gimmicks (like Gyms are back, but looking at the football gear, there's probably some kind of twist on them) and some stuff on Pokemon Home

I'm hoping for the Battle Frontier to come back but I'm 90% certain it won't and even if it did, it's very very unlikely they'd reveal a post-game feature this early in the marketing cycle

D

Deleted member

Damn, won't be able to watch the pokemon direct live.
Anyways, bold prediction time: It's gonna be just another pokemon game content wise.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like gamexplain’s idea that the Pokémon direct should be run by the professor revealing that sword and shield has voice acting. Then it will feel like the professor is actually introducing you to the world. Which would be pretty cool.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At the very least I think we’ll get cover legendaries, and maybe the next starter evolutions. Probably more in depth look at the Galar region.

Either way i’m excited for it! Stuff we don’t know but will know this time tomorrow is totally fine by me!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damn, won't be able to watch the pokemon direct live.
Anyways, bold prediction time: It's gonna be just another pokemon game content wise.
who's the new generic team of random thugs and bad guys? who's the leader, and what bull**** motive do they have that makes them want world domination or ****ing nuking the universe by using a pokemon

remember back when team rocket gave no ****s for the legendary pokemon? that's really hardcore compared to everyone wanting to use the ****ing god of time/space/death/life/ground/water/hyperdimension. these dudes just got a :112: and thats all they need

im gonna go for team braveheart and the main antagonist is a guy named wallace
1559668716516.png

if you're gonna do british lore you gotta do it right

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On an unrelated note. This year so far has been relatively good for movies so far. The year isn't exactly done just yet but given we somewhat half way through I thought I'd give my thoughts and rankings of my top 5 this year so far. I'll give out my top 11 by the end of the year.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Missing Link
3. Shazam!
4. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
5. Avengers: Endgame

That said much more I look forward to this year! Spider-Man: Far From Home! Crawl! Hobbs & Shaw! 47 Meters Down: Uncaged! It: Chapter Two! Ad Astra! You name it! There might also be at least a few more I may see such as Child's Play depending if my friend wants to see it because it looks like it'd be up in his rally.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

who's the new generic team of random thugs and bad guys? who's the leader, and what bull**** motive do they have that makes them want world domination or ****ing nuking the universe by using a pokemon

remember back when team rocket gave no ****s for the legendary pokemon? that's really hardcore compared to everyone wanting to use the ****ing god of time/space/death/life/ground/water/hyperdimension. these dudes just got a :112: and thats all they need

im gonna go for team braveheart and the main antagonist is a guy named wallace
View attachment 225820
if you're gonna do british lore you gotta do it right
The legendary pokemon is just gonna be a giant trebuchet.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not sure what to expect from tomorrow's Direct, I just want something that tells me this isn't going to be yet another Pokémon adventure going through the same tired motions, but I don't think that's something we'll be able to conclude one way or another from a 15 minutes presentation, we probably won't even know for sure until we actually get to play it. For now just showing us designs, new mechanics and what not will suffice, although it's hard for me to get hyped as long as I view it under the assumption that nothing big is going to change.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not sure what to expect from tomorrow's Direct, I just want something that tells me this isn't going to be yet another Pokémon adventure going through the same tired motions, but I don't think that's something we'll be able to conclude one way or another from a 15 minutes presentation, we probably won't even know for sure until we actually get to play it. For now just showing us designs, new mechanics and what not will suffice, although it's hard for me to get hyped as long as I view it under the assumption that nothing big is going to change.
dude do you wanna know how my modern pokemon adventures go through?

step 1: get to the point where you catch pokemon
step 2: catch a whole team of pokemon
step 3: wonder trade swap all of them with something that has decent stats
step 4: IV train every one of them for like 10 hours
step 5: EZ main journey ride through with boosted EXP
step 6: breed for competitive online battles
step 7: get bored and stop halfway through because there are websites that do this without having to grind for 2 weeks straight

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
On an unrelated note. This year so far has been relatively good for movies so far. The year isn't exactly done just yet but given we somewhat half way through I thought I'd give my thoughts and rankings of my top 5 this year so far. I'll give out my top 11 by the end of the year.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Missing Link
3. Shazam!
4. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
5. Avengers: Endgame

That said much more I look forward to this year! Spider-Man: Far From Home! Crawl! Hobbs & Shaw! 47 Meters Down: Uncaged! It: Chapter Two! Ad Astra! You name it! There might also be at least a few more I may see such as Child's Play depending if my friend wants to see it because it looks like it'd be up in his rally.
I'm going to see Godzilla today, and I'm extremely hyped.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i probably wont buy sword and shield. not because i think it'll look bad, but because i don't want all of my progress invalidated by gamefreak going "oh no, that's not the canon one! shining sword and shining shield is the true experience!!" just one year later with all new pokemon.

i actually completed the pokedex in S/M becasue i thought it wouldnt have any type of sequel like Gen 6 but man they're just full of surprises

it's scummy and US/UM made me legit salty because at least B2W2 was an actual sequel, this **** is just an unnecessary retcon.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As long as I see more pokemon I'm a happy camper.

Literally could just be a slideshow of Pokemon designs and I'd be fine with that.

D

Deleted member

Thing is, Game Freak doesn't have to try and do anything super different with each new pokemon game cause no matter what it's gonna make me gangbusters, so why do anything new and potentially alienating? The core pokemon gameplay I think is still fun, but man I just want something that feels fresh from the mainline games.

D

Deleted member

how exactly do you do that without doing anything new
I mean, exactly lol. That's what I'm saying, the gameplay at its core is fun I think, but I've played 7 of these games not counting different versions. At this point it feels more tiring than anything, but anybody who's just gonna jump into this new game without any prior experience is gonna like them. i think that's why Pokemon is so timeless.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The current general consensus about SSBU confuses me. Apparently it went from being a return to form into Brawl 3.0? At least that's the public impression I've been getting.

D

Deleted member

I hope there's some kind of Online Battle Mode that lets you do real-time battles a la the Pokemon anime

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is kinda of disappointing to see:

Hope to see things change as the show looks promising. Work safety and fair treatment is way more important though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Metal Gear Fighters
dude half of these people are literal clones of each other one way or another

just like dbfz is half goku and vegeta, metal gear is half snake and robot ninja

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom