• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell me why my fox sucks

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
It looks like you know what you're doing. As long as you really were off in terms of tech skill that day. It looks like you know what you're doing, just off that day. Nice bair/dair/shine oos. The only thing I didn't really agree with was when you up threw him and he didn't DI, you had the perfect opportunity to shine upsmash him and then maybe lead into a combo, but instead you just jabbed him and he got away. You should upload a match where you're not off in terms of tech skill if you want to get better advice :laugh:

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
heh, thanks. yeah i'll try to do that when I can. the problem is I'll have to wait for school tos tart back up to really have people to play against. When that happens I'll upload more vids, I just want some input for the time being.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Learn variety. You used ledgehop drill EVERY time. WD back f-smash would **** that.

Don't waveshine into a shield, that's just begging for a shieldgrab. Waveshine pressure doesn't work, if you could multishine then that would be cool. But you'd want to shine -> retreating WD or shine retreating aerial or shinegrab, but just don't shine and stay there to get ***** when you're suppose to be the one ****** falcon.

A bad habit that some Foxes have is trying to aerial OoS for EVERYTHING, you drilled OoS a lot and it got super predictable. Try shine OoS and usmash OoS.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
If you were trying to make a point about your Fox being bad, you should have posted games that you actually lost.

On a more helpful note, try to attack farther than you think you should. Good players will usually dash dance away from Fox when he approaches. So if you overshoot your nairs/upsmashes/dash attacks/shines/insert gay move ... you're not going to whiff as much.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
TresChikon,

Yeah, I'm trying to work on my recoveries from the ledge. thanks. Also I know that shield pressure doesn't really work the way I do it, thanks for the tips on how to mix it up.

ChivalRuse,

Haha, I wasn't trying to make a point about my fox being bad. I just figured a title other than "critique my fox" would probably attract more attention. And thanks for the spacing tip, I'll try that.

ipownoobz

Smash Rookie
um... Velox, maybe u should check the tier list XD

also, try to have more follow-up with your drill shines/shines XD (eg: waveshine across, upsmash, etc :p) oh, and don't do the shine bairs/nairs too much.... yes, they are sexy when it hits, but it's hella hard to... instead, just do followups XD

(and tell ur C.F friend to walljump more XD)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Uhm, I'm certain that was sarcasm, ipownoobz.

Upsmash after poorly DIed upthrows. Other than that, you're pretty solid, make good choices, and all that shiz.

smakis

Smash Ace
um... Velox, maybe u should check the tier list XD

also, try to have more follow-up with your drill shines/shines XD (eg: waveshine across, upsmash, etc :p) oh, and don't do the shine bairs/nairs too much.... yes, they are sexy when it hits, but it's hella hard to... instead, just do followups XD

(and tell ur C.F friend to walljump more XD)
XD

(ten XD)

Top Bottom