• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

techchasing help

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so i've concluded that i'm bad at techchasing into knees..i can techchase to grabs pretty easily..

but today i was trying to techchase falco into dairs or knees...

so i'm wondering at what % i can start using dair to pop him up for a knee..especially problematic is the whole fact that i usually shoot past a little bit with the dair so i may need time to turn aroud...otherwise i have to do a knee by moving backwards to knee slightly behind me...though i should probably get good with that as well.

anyways, i'm guessing i should techchase with a knee at low % when he can't be popped up with a dair? or should i just take the grabs since they are easier..i'm just wondering when i should switch my types of techchase

or i could tech chase with a forward B..

anyways, thoughts or help would be nice.. i guess i have the most problem with hitting people who tech behind me...i'm guessing i usually don't have time to turn around if i'd already started dashing in the other direction...so at best i can jump and try to get the knee while moving backwards..but that seems ridiculously hard to do

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Just practice everything you listed, and develope your own style from there. DO what you want to do, just make sure it ends with a knee ;)
good advice.

but if you are having trouble getting there in time (your to slow)
then after you tech chase dash dance.
the second you see them tech to where they go attack.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
good advice.

but if you are having trouble getting there in time (your to slow)
then after you tech chase dash dance.
the second you see them tech to where they go attack.
Extremely useful as well, just don't dash dance right next to them, or they'll do the get-up attack and hit you.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i can't seem to find many matches in which the pros decide to try to tech chase into a downaerial or knee..more often they take a rather central position with a short hop..and can either knee in place if they tech in place..or if they are on the ground they can run to a knee to get the tech away..but i rarely see them throw a knee or dair if fox/falco tech behind them..usually they just grab then

it seems tech chasing with grabs is more commonly used..i guess it's just much more guaranteed than a knee..i'm just not exactly sure when to incorporate tech chase to knee or dair..

maybe those moves are more useful vs nonfastfallers? i mean fastfallers need to be at pretty high damage to down air to knee..

still, if anyone can link any videos of someone who uses such followups a lot it would be nice

audreyh

Smash Ace
stomp can lead to a knee starting around 47%.

get to know the length of your opponent's roll.

aim your attack at the point where they're just about to stand up

DrewB008

Smash Lord
techchasing with grabs is easier, because you can react in time while dashdancing to see where they go and grab them. If you wait to react and then try to stomp or knee, they will be able to shield or spot dodge or roll or something before you get there. so wait to grab when you arent sure, then when you think you know where theyll go, stomp to regrab/forward b/knee, or just follow with a knee. a lot of times people will DI a knee the direction theyre rolling if you follow a tech with it, so that can get good cheap kills.

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
My guide (if i ever get the time to finish it), will include EXTENSIVE coverage on the techchase.

See, techchasing is all about "feeling" your opponent. This can be done several ways.

1. getting in their head

this isnt really a good option, cuz you cant possibly know what someone is thinking unless your using a, psychic pokemon aka mew2, but you are using falcon. this is more a myth than real

2. physical contact. preferably touching knees

this is the TRUE way to feel out your opponent, as you are actually FEELING him! remember, if he quivers once, it means tech ni place, twice its either left or right, and no quiver is no tech!!!

Top Bottom