• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Shifting(A better way of Teching)And Sunwalking(a better way of dash attacking)

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Tech Shifting, Came up with them name on short notice

I looked around for anything like this, but couldn't find anything. So here's the discription of what I've discovered, tech shifting, a alternate and better way of teching

You fastfall and substitutle an arial for press the 'L' button to tech.

It's basically doing an arial(I prefer the D-air) after being hitsuned as soon as you hit the ground. If done correctly, the arial should CANCEL completely(should should not see the arial being done) and you'll be IMMEADEATELY standing upright, noticably faster than you would by teching with what I think is a couple frames of invinciblity and you can attack right out of it, like wavedashing in Melee. Best used when you are being launched to the ground, or to a surface from being hit. Can be done with everycharacter as far as I know.

Basically you can get out of hitsun really quick, even above 200% sometimes, which I sure everyone knows. If you're not sent off the stage or ko'ed, you can do it.

Please do not get this confused for autocancling arials. You hit the ground with the first coupleframes of the arial, probably no more than 20 frames. If you can see yourself doing part of the arial before you hit the ground, they you did it completely wrong.

I think it's because you have some lag while you are rolling, getting up while teching. Whereas with this you just ...are...upright (I think, the original poster should be a bit clearer or get a vid up <_<)

What he is saying is that this ISN'T autocanceled aerials, because you are doing the attack as hitting the ground, not before. Instead you press d-air or whatever instead of R, and you get a quicker recovery than a tech, and one that can't be tech-chased, as you don't lag while doing iit.
^maybe you can understand what he's trying to say if you can't understand me

-Pretty useful for combo breaking and tech chasing. Let's say I tech shifted with Link from an opponent trying to tech chase, then used the spin attack or grab him before he get's to me. Or even just get out of they way. I have on lag and I can attack , unlike with regular teching, it would be easier for my opponent to shied grab or something else that I wouldn't want him to do.

I thnk this is pretty useful and needs more study.

Sunwalking Thanks goes to my homeboy NovaLambardia, who inspired me to discover this techniqe and give its oh so awsome and unique name

This technique is pretty straight forward. Well actually, there's two ways to do it, and one of them is pretty strat forward. It's basically a running forward tilt. Looks similar to a wavesdashed forward tilt

-You beging running, not dashing, dashing is traveling at full speed. And you do a Forward tilt. You end up doing forward tilt while sliding. The distance of the sunwalk varies(sometimes you slide pretty far) but if it hits, it has satisfying results and is good for spacing,comboing and KOing. Pretty useful and noticable for characters like Link or Samus etc..., and helps landing attacks like Ganons forward tilt

-I've done it through doing an intial dash and usually slide farther than I usually do it the first way I discribed. But I could never do it consitantly and I've never took time out to experiment, but I've done it enough times to know it exist. I think it's done by dashing press backwards in the alternate direction really quick and doing the forward tilt.

In Melee, most people used moonwalking for momentum. You can various amounts of distnace through sunwalking, even farther distance than you can with dash attacks with some character. I don't actaully know what can add momentum and what can't, which is it needs research

This also needs more study cuz I think it's also has some good potential.

I want to apoligize for not providing a video, I cant make one at the moment, but I will try to have soon, maybe this weekend or by friday.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty much just common sense, not really a technique... Few people just let themselves tumble all the way to the ground. The only real use for teching is against walls and ceilings now, or against spikes on stage.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
yeah, if youre going to let yourself fall long enough in a tumble to be able to attack, you might as well just airdodge. teching is used for when you are launched into a surface and cant do anything else because youre still in hitstun when you hit the surface.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
yeah, if youre going to let yourself fall long enough in a tumble to be able to attack, you might as well just airdodge. teching is used for when you are launched into a surface and cant do anything else because youre still in hitstun when you hit the surface.
I didn't say let yourself get hit and fall all the way to the ground. I said when you're hit stunned. It's pretty helpful when people trying to do what little combos there are in brawl, or tech chase or anything like that. You can still get out of hitsun pretty easy even at high percents, so that technique isn't all that complicated to do even when you're launched onto a surface when you're hit stunned. I will admit that I don't do this technique often but I find it useful.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I love how ******* always come into threads and go "COMMON SENSE LOL." Well, big shots, maybe for you it is, but some people are not natural born geniuses at Smash and need some guidance, hence these forums. Stop being so god**** stupid, if this didn't help you or if you don't have anything to add, don't post.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
I love how ******* always come into threads and go "COMMON SENSE LOL." Well, big shots, maybe for you it is, but some people are not natural born geniuses at Smash and need some guidance, hence these forums. Stop being so god**** stupid, if this didn't help you or if you don't have anything to add, don't post.
Thank you!

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
So, this 'tech shifting' is just attacking before you hit the ground, so instead of the lag of getting up you have the landing lag of the attack? That's hardly an advanced technique, and it hardly needs a name. Airdodging is a better alternative unless there is an enemy where you are about to land.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
The fact that something is "common sense" for someone with a good understanding of the game engine doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't post about it, because sure, yeah, there are definitely peculiarities in the game engine that not everyone has come to understand yet, and there's really not a great, actively-updated single source to find the majority of this information. So the only way to make it know is to talk about it. That's perfectly fine.

It does, however, mean you shouldn't give it a dopey name. Nothing "special" is occurring here. Nothing is categorically unique and merits a new name to describe it. We would give something a new name if there wasn't already a way to refer to it, if it was unique and genuine and needed a way to be referred to and such a term didn't exist.

The first, "Tech Shifting," is just autocancelling, or possibly not even autocancelling, an aerial upon landing. It also, I might add, has nothing to do with Teching, and does not need a misleading name suggesting it does. It's being presented as an alternative to Teching, so why would it have Tech in the name? Jumping is an alternative to walking, but it's not called "air-walking" it's called jumping.

The second, "Sunwalking," is just an Ftilt. Plain and simple. It's just an Ftilt. The new engine makes everything much more slide-y than it was in Melee. It's very easy to make your character do all sorts of moves while maintaining some forward momentum from movement. Characters slide. A lot. That's just how the game works. We don't need a new name for a sliding Ftilt and a sliding Utilt. It's just a Ftilt. There is nothing in its execution that separates it from a normal Ftilt. If you perform an Ftilt while sliding, yeah, you'll slide a little. That's how Brawl works.

There's nothing wrong with discussing it here, unless the information is in a readily available spot and could be easily found by a short search. If that's the case, then yeah, a new thread probably isn't the smartest idea. If that's not the case, then this is exactly the place to talk about it, assuming there's not already like 5 threads on the first page talking about it. But not every singular application of already known moves needs its own name. If you can't think of way to describe something that's less than 4 words, then maybe an acronym is in order. If you can't think of a way to describe it in less than 5 or 6, then a new name is probably warranted.

"Autocancel'd Aerial" and "Sliding Ftilt" don't fall into either of those categories.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
So, this 'tech shifting' is just attacking before you hit the ground, so instead of the lag of getting up you have the landing lag of the attack? That's hardly an advanced technique, and it hardly needs a name. Airdodging is a better alternative unless there is an enemy where you are about to land.
You don't do the arial before you hit the ground. You do it as soon as you hit the ground so it can begin to start the aninamation, but it can't, so the character ends up standing and if it landed on it's feet. Unlike teching were the character will roll or bounce back up.

The fact that something is "common sense" for someone with a good understanding of the game engine doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't post about it, because sure, yeah, there are definitely peculiarities in the game engine that not everyone has come to understand yet, and there's really not a great, actively-updated single source to find the majority of this information. So the only way to make it know is to talk about it. That's perfectly fine.

It does, however, mean you shouldn't give it a dopey name. Nothing "special" is occurring here. Nothing is categorically unique and merits a new name to describe it. We would give something a new name if there wasn't already a way to refer to it, if it was unique and genuine and needed a way to be referred to and such a term didn't exist.

The first, "Tech Shifting," is just autocancelling, or possibly not even autocancelling, an aerial upon landing. It also, I might add, has nothing to do with Teching, and does not need a misleading name suggesting it does. It's being presented as an alternative to Teching, so why would it have Tech in the name? Jumping is an alternative to walking, but it's not called "air-walking" it's called jumping.

The second, "Sunwalking," is just an Ftilt. Plain and simple. It's just an Ftilt. The new engine makes everything much more slide-y than it was in Melee. It's very easy to make your character do all sorts of moves while maintaining some forward momentum from movement. Characters slide. A lot. That's just how the game works. We don't need a new name for a sliding Ftilt and a sliding Utilt. It's just a Ftilt. There is nothing in its execution that separates it from a normal Ftilt. If you perform an Ftilt while sliding, yeah, you'll slide a little. That's how Brawl works.

There's nothing wrong with discussing it here, unless the information is in a readily available spot and could be easily found by a short search. If that's the case, then yeah, a new thread probably isn't the smartest idea. If that's not the case, then this is exactly the place to talk about it, assuming there's not already like 5 threads on the first page talking about it. But not every singular application of already known moves needs its own name. If you can't think of way to describe something that's less than 4 words, then maybe an acronym is in order. If you can't think of a way to describe it in less than 5 or 6, then a new name is probably warranted.

"Autocancel'd Aerial" and "Sliding Ftilt" don't fall into either of those categories.
Tech shifting is not Autocanceld arials, but in order to autocancel arails, you have to hit the ground upon the end of the arials animation. Autocancel'd arials contribute to what is little known about comboing and shffling in Brawl.

For Sunwalking, techniques like hyphen smashing or sliding air toss thing with peach got it's own name.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
For Sunwalking, techniques like hyphen smashing or sliding air toss thing with peach got it's own name.
first off, do i know you?

and second, the glide toss is something that isn't just physics. glide tossing uses the momentum of the roll animation, and the throwing animation, and creates a whole knew animation that you could perform no other way. not only that, but it increases throw damage, AND it's useful. so THAT is an advanced technique.

sunwalking (as said before) is sliding while doing a f-tilt because characters are slidy. you're not canceling anything, you're just running and then f-tilting and it looks cool because of how slidy everyone is. two things that were meant to be in the game, put together to create something not new. NOT advanced.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Why "tech shift" when you can just press R in the timing for teching? If you are still in your hitstun, you'll tech. If not, you'll airdodge, and not have any lag anyway. Why work on one or two frame reaction times when thirty frame reaction times are ridiculously easier?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Why "tech shift" when you can just press R in the timing for teching? If you are still in your hitstun, you'll tech. If not, you'll airdodge, and not have any lag anyway. Why work on one or two frame reaction times when thirty frame reaction times are ridiculously easier?

I think it's because you have some lag while you are rolling, getting up while teching. Whereas with this you just ...are...upright (I think, the original poster should be a bit clearer or get a vid up <_<)

What he is saying is that this ISN'T autocanceled aerials, because you are doing the attack as hitting the ground, not before. Instead you press d-air or whatever instead of R, and you get a quicker recovery than a tech, and one that can't be tech-chased, as you don't lag while doing iit.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
This topic title is VERY misleading.

Tech Shifting (A better way of Teching) - Are you kidding? A better way of teching? There's no tech involved in what you posted, not to mention it's infinitely less useful than pretty much any other option you have upon landing. In one post, you said you do this while you're "hit stunned." You are allowed no actions during hit stun EXCEPT teching if your environment allows.

Sunwalking (a better way of dash attacking) - Again, if there is no dash attack involved, how can it be a better way of dash attacking? As Taymond said earlier, this is just an F-tilt. Nothing special to merit it being called an advanced technique. It's as if I called c-sticking in the opposite direction "mirror smashing" or something.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
You don't do the arial before you hit the ground. You do it as soon as you hit the ground so it can begin to start the aninamation, but it can't, so the character ends up standing and if it landed on it's feet. Unlike teching were the character will roll or bounce back up.

Tech shifting is not Autocanceld arials, but in order to autocancel arails, you have to hit the ground upon the end of the arials animation. Autocancel'd arials contribute to what is little known about comboing and shffling in Brawl.

Alright, I misunderstood what was happening. My mistake, this is not autocancelling an aerial. I did mention an uncertainty about that fact, so whatever. You still seem misinformed about exactly what's going on, though. As lemonlau36 just mentioned, you are not acting out of hitstun. You're acting out of the tumble animation, which you can do aerials out of. You can't do any move out of hitstun, by definition. All you can do, in fact, is tech.

Secondly, glide tossing got a new name for exactly the reasons someone else just mentioned. Glide tossing was actually something new, it wasn't just a sliding toss, it was a peculiarity in the game engine that resulted in a brand new effect that couldn't be referred to by any other existing name. It resulted in an animation you can't otherwise obtain. It was new.

Hyphen smashing shouldn't have been given a new name, and certainly not such a roundabout "clever" one, as far as I'm concerned. It could've been referred to through already existing terms, I believe. Even that, though, involved.. you know.. doing something. You know, it has a timing, a precision. It's slightly more complicated than a single move.

All you're doing is Ftilting. That is it.

wakka444

Smash Ace
YAY smart posts!!!!! cool stuff and thanks, always great to see ways of speeding the game up along with spacing techniques and possible combo helpers

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
first off, do i know you?

and second, the glide toss is something that isn't just physics. glide tossing uses the momentum of the roll animation, and the throwing animation, and creates a whole knew animation that you could perform no other way. not only that, but it increases throw damage, AND it's useful. so THAT is an advanced technique.

sunwalking (as said before) is sliding while doing a f-tilt because characters are slidy. you're not canceling anything, you're just running and then f-tilting and it looks cool because of how slidy everyone is. two things that were meant to be in the game, put together to create something not new. NOT advanced.
First off, who doesn't know me? Don't comment

I 've done Sunwalking enough to know it has a good amount of technical aspects to it. You can preform wavedashing in multiple ways (like wavedashing out the shield, shielding wavedash), edgeguard in multiple ways, edgehog in mutliple ways in Melee but they're still advance. Just because glide tossing can only be done one way doesn't make it advance

In Melee, most people used moonwalking for momentum. You can various amounts of distnace through sunwalking, even farther distance than you can with dash attacks with some character. I don't actaully know what can add momentum and what can't, which is why I said it needs more research

Basically you can get out of hitsun really quick, which I sure everyone knows. If you're not sent off the stage or ko'ed, you can do it. And I over exaggerated when I said first 2 frames. It's actually pretty simple, about as easy as teching most of the time. I'm not a technical smasher so I guessed

This topic title is VERY misleading.

Tech Shifting (A better way of Teching) - Are you kidding? A better way of teching? There's no tech involved in what you posted, not to mention it's infinitely less useful than pretty much any other option you have upon landing. In one post, you said you do this while you're "hit stunned." You are allowed no actions during hit stun EXCEPT teching if your environment allows.

Sunwalking (a better way of dash attacking) - Again, if there is no dash attack involved, how can it be a better way of dash attacking? As Taymond said earlier, this is just an F-tilt. Nothing special to merit it being called an advanced technique. It's as if I called c-sticking in the opposite direction "mirror smashing" or something.
You can get out of hit really quickly, even above 200% if you're not sent off the stage

I kind of explained why sunwalking could be advance a little earlier in this post. I said "C-stick in the other direction" I'm pretty sure I sad forward titl

Alright, I misunderstood what was happening. My mistake, this is not autocancelling an aerial. I did mention an uncertainty about that fact, so whatever. You still seem misinformed about exactly what's going on, though. As lemonlau36 just mentioned, you are not acting out of hitstun. You're acting out of the tumble animation, which you can do aerials out of. You can't do any move out of hitstun, by definition. All you can do, in fact, is tech.

Secondly, glide tossing got a new name for exactly the reasons someone else just mentioned. Glide tossing was actually something new, it wasn't just a sliding toss, it was a peculiarity in the game engine that resulted in a brand new effect that couldn't be referred to by any other existing name. It resulted in an animation you can't otherwise obtain. It was new.

Hyphen smashing shouldn't have been given a new name, and certainly not such a roundabout "clever" one, as far as I'm concerned. It could've been referred to through already existing terms, I believe. Even that, though, involved.. you know.. doing something. You know, it has a timing, a precision. It's slightly more complicated than a single move.

All you're doing is Ftilting. That is it.
I kinda agree with what you're trying to say here. But you get multiple outcomes with sunwalking, and using a forward tilt with momentum does work better than a regular dash attack most of the time.

Yeah, exactly. I guess I do have to make the first post more clear. And I can't provide a video at the moment, but I hope to do so really soon.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
sorry to say but the way I look at it. Tech shifting is pretty useless there is almost no hitstun in the game anyways. And to do this you don't need hitstun correct? why not just land. and get no lag w/o pressing any specific buttons and the good thing about it is when you land you can do anymore straight out of it OMG?!?! really (its true, gg no wai). why try to do any specific moves just to land with no lag at all when you can just well land with no lag at all. Teching is not as useful in brawl as it is in melee. So even if tech shifting does somthing it won't be nearly as useful as it could of been if it was possible in melee. Sunwalking not a better way to dash attack because you are not actually dash attacking. and just slide as far a shutter step would. sunwalking does not work with all characters like marth. Shutter step does and allows you to use your f smash and if you foxtrot you and get TONS of more distance than a sunwalk.

err

Smash Journeyman
this was called 'foot-cancelling in melee.

if your dair hitbox hasn't come out yet, your move autocancels when you land on the ground.,

so link dairs just above the ground from tumble and bam he's standing!

...but you could have instead just recovered from tumble and landed that way. the benefit in the foot-cancel is that your opponent thinks you're going to instead hit the ground.

ldxazamb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-1337-7155
well I love the names for both techniques I think I have been doing with meta but I didnt know it was a technique I'm going to try sunwalking and see if its useful

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who are you and why is your name blue?

Tech Shifting: Also known as Auto Canceling. If you hit the ground after doing an aerial during certain frames, the lag is completely cancelled. Auto Canceling exists for pretty much all aerials at least at the very start of them, before the hitbox comes out. Yes, it is indeed Auto-Canceling, just during different frames.

Sunwalking: Running and Dashing are the same thing. There are three speeds of walking and one of running (except for when you slow down due to failed Dash Dancing or whatnot). Also, why is it called Sunwalking?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I would like to give you kudos on these techs you guys discovered but, Sunwalking has been used already for melee terms to describe Pika/Pichu/Mario/Doc Mario's version of moonwalking. I even made a vid and everything about it too my man.

LOLhahaDEAD

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure I've tech shifted a few times by accident. I'll have to try it out some more when I play next.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dashing is the initial animation (Dash dancing), which is pretty useless in this game. Running is the full thing.
He claims Dashing and Running are two different ways of moving forwards as he says "You begin running (not dashing)" implying the two are completely different things.

Also, Auto-canceling during recovery won't make you magically more safe than if you hadn't and simply landed/teched if the opponent dashed up to you and shields. Any move you do upon landing will give the opponent a free shieldgrab (it's better, but in the example of "Auto-Cancel into Link's Up B, that's just saking for a shieldgrab, or, in fact, a shieldsmash).

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
this was called 'foot-cancelling in melee.

if your dair hitbox hasn't come out yet, your move autocancels when you land on the ground.,

so link dairs just above the ground from tumble and bam he's standing!

...but you could have instead just recovered from tumble and landed that way. the benefit in the foot-cancel is that your opponent thinks you're going to instead hit the ground.
For one, you can do it with all arials in Brawl, some harder than others though.

well I love the names for both techniques I think I have been doing with meta but I didnt know it was a technique I'm going to try sunwalking and see if its useful

Tech Shifting: Also known as Auto Canceling. If you hit the ground after doing an aerial during certain frames, the lag is completely cancelled. Auto Canceling exists for pretty much all aerials at least at the very start of them, before the hitbox comes out. Yes, it is indeed Auto-Canceling, just during different frames.

Sunwalking: Running and Dashing are the same thing. There are three speeds of walking and one of running (except for when you slow down due to failed Dash Dancing or whatnot). Also, why is it called Sunwalking?
I'm Ace da Smashbrudda, and I'm a Link main. I'm a smash director so I'm guessing that has something to do with me having my name blue.

You have walking, and running animation by not initiating the dash animation off the back or from walking, and dashing

I'll called it sunwalking cuz I used to joke around about discovering a move called sunwalking, since moon walking was taken out of Brawl

I would like to give you kudos on these techs you guys discovered but, Sunwalking has been used already for melee terms to describe Pika/Pichu/Mario/Doc Mario's version of moonwalking. I even made a vid and everything about it too my man.
Thanx and I'll have to check on that.

He claims Dashing and Running are two different ways of moving forwards as he says "You begin running (not dashing)" implying the two are completely different things.

Also, Auto-canceling during recovery won't make you magically more safe than if you hadn't and simply landed/teched if the opponent dashed up to you and shields. Any move you do upon landing will give the opponent a free shieldgrab (it's better, but in the example of "Auto-Cancel into Link's Up B, that's just saking for a shieldgrab, or, in fact, a shieldsmash).
You can always dash grab them or dodge away since there's no lag

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Alright well, it seems that I may've been right from the beginning about "Tech Shifting" just being an autocancel'd aerial. If Yuna's right, which I'm more inclined to believe than the idea that you are right, then you're just autocancelling in frames before the hitbox, which any move can do, rather than in frames after/during, which not all can, I believe? So there you go. Autocancelling an aerial certainly is an alternative to teching. It's not necessarily a better one. What it most certainly is NOT, however, is "Tech Shifting."

About sunwalking... I really don't know how much clearer I can make this. You aren't doing anything. Seriously, I wouldn't have thought it this hard to convey this idea to you. In Brawl, everything is slide-y. You can do anything you please while sliding, because after you stop moving, characters do not stop as quickly as they did. If you do a move at the right time, you can maintain that slide a bit longer that you might've been able to otherwise.

That is just a fact. It's a characteristic of Brawl that is different from Melee. Brawl is slide-y. If directional airdodging wasn't removed, then my god.. anyone could wavedash all the way across the stage, Brawl is so slide-y. And so.. doing an Ftilt in a different environment than the Melee environment isn't a new technique. Doing an Ftilt in the Brawl environment isn't a new technique. It's just doing an Ftilt in Brawl vs. doing one in Melee. In Brawl, you can slide all over while doing Ftilts if ya want. The general mechanics are different. You can slide more than just an Ftilt, as well. You can slide whatever you want.

And none of them need their own name, because none of them is any different from simply doing that move.

Purely on the topic of your thirst for nomenclature, I would've thought the lessons of the "ink drop" would've had a greater affect on people. The result of GimpyFish's crew's overzealous desire to name anything and everything they could find at E for All after their own ilk was half the community trying to name the now-single-most-hated-feature in Brawl, tripping, after some random player who happened to do it more than others in an incredibly select and small timeframe.

There's a lesson to be learned there! You should not be so eager to put a name, whether or not its your name, to every singular application of already existing knowledge. More importantly, any names you DO try to give should not be "cute" or "clever" or, I'll be honest, downright stupid. They should be descriptive of the technique, and technical to a degree. I can't even fathom the amount of poor decisions made in the formation of these names.

Tech Shifting, a name for something that in absolutely no way involves teching or unexpected movement of any kind (shifting). Sunwalking, a name for something that is NOT an alternate means of movement or.. walking, but rather an attack, which also has nothing to do with the sun. Take off your Clever Hat and put on your Start-Listening-To-What-Other-Members-Of-This-Community-With-Valid-Opinions-Have-To-Say Hat.

You're just Ftilting. Let it go.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
You can always dash grab them or dodge away since there's no lag
when you tech, you get invincible frames, which let you avoid getting grabbed or hit again once you hit the ground. if you just land with an autocancelled aerial (which does absolutely nothing except getting you out of a tumble, which can be done by simply tapping left and right on the control stick quickly while in the air), you have no invincible frames, and the attack the opponent threw out that was meant to hit you in the air but you made it to the ground first is still going to hit you. theres not really a benefit here. if you get out of hitstun before you touch a surface, you can do alot of things to get out of the tumble animation, and trying to autocancel an aerial is probably one of the worse choices because of how open you are to an attack (no invincible frames, no attack hitboxes, just landing).

Top Bottom