• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech chases!

tocador

Smash Lord
If i can record, tech chase is preety much like a pseudo-combo, cause in fact, people can dodge it, bu you read them in such a way, you catch them off guard. And if i am right, tech-chase ussually involves throws!

So my question is, is my deffinition of tech chase right? And more, what are all Brawl tech chases?

I mean, sure i know the obvious ones like GaW/Snake's Dthrow and Ganon Choke, but are there any others?

Ty for readding xP!

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
"Tech chase" is when you knock someone on the ground and you predict what they're going to do:

- tech in place
- tech left/right (this is where the term originates from)
- miss tech and stay still
- get up
- get up attack
- roll left/right

The moves you listed are really reliable ways of SETTING UP tech chases.

Also the term "tech chase" seems kind of erroneous because I don't see people tech as often as they should in Brawl because the window to tech has been drastically shortened. But I don't really care it's just a naaaame.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The choke cannot be teched, so basically you're reading their wake-up option rather than a tech. Same with Snake's dthrow.

G&W can force a tech chase, he doesn't have a lot of options if they tech roll but it's still very viable. They're screwed if they tech in place or don't tech, lol.

Some dthrows can force tech chases, but once again it's really hard to punish these since they go very far if they tech away. It's the dthrows like Sonic's and Wolf's that make you bounce someimtes (but I think if you Sonic's upwards you won't slam the ground... not sure.)

Toward the ground DI on other Dthrow's like MK's and DDD's (on light characters) will also force bounces. DDD has trouble tech chasing since he runs slow, he does have some options though.

Tech chasing from spikes is pretty difficult since not a lot of characters are actually fast enough to chase on the ground after they hit their opponent on the floor. Maybe Lucas and Ganon can do it, though, since they have easily autocanceled dairs.

These are just some thoughts I had

Situations for techs don't happen in brawl a lot since people usually air dodge or aerial since there's not a lot of hitstun. There's not a lot of moves that force situations where someone has to wake or tech. However it is STILL very useful to be attentive or good at predicting when observing someone and punishing someone's tech/wake

tocador

Smash Lord
Hum, cool :D!

And about the chars who can "tech chase" or wait a reaction, are there any more then Snake/GaW/Ganon?

Or is the teching world only for those lucky 3 =/?

K 2

Smash Lord
^^^ This.

Anyone can do it, G&W, Snake, and Ganon just have the most reliable ways of setting up a tech chase.

Top Bottom