• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams: Greatest Doubles Comeback Ever?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I've seen a lot of people say this is the best teams comeback ever, and I'm tempted to agree:

Lucky(Fox) and Mango(Jiggs) vs Ken(Marth) and Isai(C.Fal) 1

But then at a Florida tournament last weekend, Shiz and Chops came back 2 to 6 stock:

KeepSpeedN + DewDaDash vs DaShizWiz + Lambchops

Watch 4:53 thru 4:04 ...

Edits:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Also...that situation happens a lot, having 3 stock with 130+ damage is really the same as having 2 stock. Take that into account and it was just a 2 stock comeback. Its also important to note that when shiz's team were both at killing percents on their last stock, the other team was at killing percents on their stocks as well. Off stock leads are often misleading because a if you lose 2 of those stocks, your last stock is basically meaningless because it'll get 2v1'd (like happened here, at least until dew managed to kill keepspeedn, at which point you had a top 25-20 Florida player with 60%ish against one of the top 20 talents in the country, meaning his damage was basically meaningless).

At farmindale it was M2K versus Chu/Chillin, each player on their last stock. Chu/Chillin were each at low percents, chu grabs m2k and starts wobbling. So just picture a Chillin lasering M2K as he is stock helplessly in ChuDat's wobbles. There really isn't an out, except that chillin I think got to close to Chu when he was going for the upsmash and accidently got hit by one of the IC's wobbles, messing up the rythm and freeing M2K, who then beat Chu/Chillin despite being at a huge deficite. This was a MUST WIN game 10 as well, and M2K/Isai went on to win game 11 and take the title.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
I like how in the second video falco makes a perfect shot that lets ganon make a nice recovery (because, you know YOUMUSTRECOVER). Some pretty sick gameplay and even sicker comebacks. Thanks for the videos!

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Wow those comebacks were nice... especially the one where m2k was caught in a wobble

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Man, I was going to create a thread just like this, only include singal events as well. I was even going to include the same video or Mango and Lucky, too! Oh, well. The other video is good too, but Mango's and Lucky's will still be my favorite.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I never understood what was so epic about the Mew2King comeback, aside from Chu and Chillin's epic fail. I'm pretty sure Chu must have stopped to pick his nose there.

DaShizWhiz and Lambchops were ****ing amazing, though. I also liked Chillin's comeback.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I never understood what was so epic about the Mew2King comeback, aside from Chu and Chillin's epic fail. I'm pretty sure Chu must have stopped to pick his nose there.

DaShizWhiz and Lambchops were ****ing amazing, though. I also liked Chillin's comeback.
...Are you serious?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
...Are you serious?
Yes. M2K did amazingly well for less than a second after Chu screwed up the Wobble and before Chu knocked Chillin off. But honestly all I saw other those two points was a valiant effort that payed off.

Top Bottom