• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams Gameplay

Kuares

Pizza
I just wanted to make a separate thread so that it'd be easier to reference instead of it being somewhere in the social. Also who's got a thread title?

As far as fox in teams goes, he can do than just get kills with upsmash. Pretty sure it was last weekend that I saw a player(Fae) using Fox in a teams match. It looked like that was the idea he had going into the match, but I know from playing a ton of 2v2 there's problems with playing Fox in teams. So seeing Fae play I saw...

-Fox got gimped early match, which usually led to dying first
-Upsmashes at the worst of times(neither opponent at kill%, or just not a good opportunity)
-Losing out on opportunities because of chasing after a kill.
-Lasering while his team-mate was 2v1'ing(and losing)

how do you guys feel about fox and snake in teams?
I think Snake on a team is one of the better team mates of the top tiers. Know that reflected grenades have ridiculous knockback and are likely to kill at 100%-ish. He has to stay out of Snake's range because he'll kill poor foxy on accident. Say you both want to get the kill, Up-tilt beats upsmash usually because it's got more range/faster.

If there's any high tier I don't like teaming with, it'd probably be Wario. Might've been because that guy didn't care about his teammate though but both characters like to be in the air.

Jet300

Smash Ace
The title of the thread should be: "Team star fox."

Diddy should be a good team partner for Fox. Bananas and fast racking combos is good.
Just make sure you don't get in Diddy's way so he won't hit you with the banana; and try not to Upsmash diddy.

I usually team up with a link because, we can set up team combos that end with
there best kill moves like Dair or Upsmash. Link and Fox are not so good at teams, and there not good team mates for each other either. If link camps and Fox goes aggersive (Like a boss). Link might accidently hit fox with bombs, arrows, boomerang etc. Basically, Link and fox are not made for each other as team mates

NAKAT

Smash Champion
***** our Fox/Snake team was on point yesterday. I have an Olimar too, don't forget that. Fox and Snake can do fine together remember it isn't always about the character, it's also about the players as well.

Sarix

Smash Ace
The title of the thread should be: "Team star fox."

there best kill moves like Dair or Usmash. When link and fox are in teams. Link can't
zone beacuse he might hit fox .
I agree with Team Star Fox being the thread title.

From the way I've seen Fox used on some teams, he's kinda like Pikachu having similar traits like a well rounded ground and air game and the speed to get to his partner when needed, only he's a little heavier, better at killing & camping, and has only 4 largely disadvantageous matchups that can be rounded out with a good partner.

I have the same problem with zoning whenever I play Samus and team with a Fox. They both can get some ridiculous camping going but accidentally pelting Fox with missiles and Zair can cost matches because he is the kill engine of the team and is a definite glass cannon to Samus's stone wall.

Kuares

Pizza
Diddy should be a good team partner for Fox. Bananas and fast racking combos is good.
Just make sure you don't get in Diddy's way so he won't hit you with the banana; and try not to Upsmash diddy.

there best kill moves like Dair or Usmash. When link and fox are in teams. Link can't
zone beacuse he might hit fox .
Well Diddy does good damage and both of them can be so fast. Fox does have to work alot for the kills, but if you're competent with Bannana's those shouldn't be too tough to get.

I only know a bit about Toonlink but it doesn't seem too hurt his zoning too much. Pretty much I'll just stall above the projectiles and come down after they've done their work.

I'm pretty sure most of the team tactics you might find are just going to be done through practicing. Like I loved the teamwork between Esam and MVD had at Apex, but then they practiced.

***** our Fox/Snake team was on point yesterday. I have an Olimar too, don't forget that. Fox and Snake can do fine together remember it isn't always about the character, it's also about the players as well.
Me and trump won a teams tourney this weekend with Fox/Zelda.
Question, how much do you actually play 2v2 in comparison to 1v1?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
At every tournament I go to and quite a bit outside of tournaments.

Me and Trump could've done much better at Apex as well but this team has a few glaring weaknesses.

Me and him have been going to tournaments teaming since a little before MLG Orlando iirc.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
how do you guys feel about fox and snake in teams?
Awesome team, anything they try on snake Fox can get in fast and stop and sandwich the attacker quite easily. Be sure that the snake doesn't have to rely on gernades to space so that Fox can run around freely though. (Fox = snake's spacing tool.)

Player-3

Smash Hero
I teamed with reflex in some friendlies a couple times and we were destroying with fox/pt and fox/wario

Rock smash to up smash best combo

:phone:

Kuares

Pizza
So what is my partner and I supposed to do against a really good doubles player(Diddy) and a so-so Toonlink?

Last night a match consisted of is bananas lying on the stage and Diddy wracking up damage on the both of us until the toonlink gets a kill off with either a grab situation or an unexpected nair/fair Now, we've tried 1v1'ing, going after 1 specific player but Diddy breaks things up easily with Dash attacks/Bannanas/grabs and we're constantly in the elbow room in a sense.

We were running either Oli/Fox or MK/Luc, both were still beat in the same way. Basically what should we be doing to:
-Deal with Bananas
-Catch and kill Toonlink
-Not let Diddy run the pace of the match

Orion*

Smash Researcher
-Upsmashes at the worst of times(neither opponent at kill%, or just not a good opportunity)

I think Snake on a team is one of the better team mates of the top tiers. Know that reflected grenades have ridiculous knockback and are likely to kill at 100%-ish. He has to stay out of Snake's range because he'll kill poor foxy on accident. Say you both want to get the kill, Up-tilt beats upsmash usually because it's got more range/faster.

If there's any high tier I don't like teaming with, it'd probably be Wario. Might've been because that guy didn't care about his teammate though but both characters like to be in the air.
I didnt see the match but I generally disagree with all of this.

if both opponents arent at kill percents and you have a guaranteed usmash punish considering the damage output its def worth it unless you have the situation and/or time for like a grab setup // tea combo.

But anyway more importantly

Snake is just a solid teams character in general so I will have to agree with nakat about it being a lot about the players. But against any team with like Mk/Wario/Marth or someone who can just throw snake up and either keep him in a bad position or gimp him fox is going to have to really make the most of the situation to help. Fox can definitely punish like any character for DOING something, but in the case of actual help it's hard to say.

The snake has to be very confident in not getting juggled or gimped to hard in order for the team to work.

If you have good synergy wario can pretty much team with anyone... I think for this team you would need a somewhat more aggro wario though so if you where playing with one of those "i just air camp" warios then yeah it's not gonna work.

I have an Olimar too, don't forget that.
No you dont :troll:
So what is my partner and I supposed to do against a really good doubles player(Diddy) and a so-so Toonlink?
Try and just do 2v1s, pref on the diddy. If the toonlink has to approach you it will make your life easier. Both characters like to run away, but diddy has better approaches then TL. If you can steal one banana and force situations to get diddy offstage your set. Just dont.... over commit vs diddy.

Top Bottom