• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teaming up with Jigglypuff :o

Laijin

Smash Hero
What character works best on teams with Jigglypuff? Or what kind of character works best?
I am teaming up with an awesome jiggz player at an upcoming tournament and i'm not sure who to use. I normally go with Zelda or Peach in teams and I have teamed with him before. So to make this simple, I will list all the characters I use in teams and what their purpose is(incase you don't know. :|)

Zelda: Pure kill character. She lives long and kill easily. Works best with a damage character like Peach or Ganon
Peach: Damage + endurance. She lives long and gives out lots of damage.
Young Link: Pure Damage character: In many cases, he can live a long time since in teams all he is doing is going around throwing stuff at people to rack up their damage
Falco: Damage + slight kill character: He is able to do combos. lol. And kill sometimes too.

Those are the only characters I would use in teams. Personally, my Zelda has worked the best in teams with this guy, but I was wondering if there is another character(listed above or not) that would be awesome on teams with Jigglypuff. Could you also tell me why they would make a good team? Does'nt help if you just name the character.
I need your advice. Give me your opinions please :O

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Marth. Because he's so incredibly gay. Doesn't add anything really magical besides being the gimpiest character in the whole freakin' world.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Jigglypuff dittos **** at teams, also i would say Sheik works best with Jigglypuff.
With Sheik you have many options for starting team combos and/or team edgeguards.

From the characters you have listed above would prefer Peach (propably cause it would be my choice) . Peach is a beast in Teams and Jiggs isn´t as vulnerable to her dsmash as fox for example.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
falcon works well. he'll be able to support you even from a distance. and you can continue combos offa each other. but puff probably compliments puff the best.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I would recommend whatever character you can grab your opponent the best with. I played Ken + Arash in tourney once, and just got ***** by grab-rest combos. Marth is a good character to use.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'd say Falco because he can kill opponents combos on Jiggly. Even one time my partner Falco laserd me from my rollout. I hit an opponent and I started falling of the edge but he lasered me and saved my life. This was in a tourny match too. Also Jiggs can save Falco when he can't recover.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth. Because he's so incredibly gay. Doesn't add anything really magical besides being the gimpiest character in the whole freakin' world.
Fox can be more gimpy than Marth sometimes.

And in case you haven't noticed, Marth deals the damage in our matches and is the one that normally gets them off the stage for you. His range also forces the opponents to fight on a "smaller" battle ground which makes it easier for you to stay close to the opponents and not have to be running across the stage every five seconds. It's more than just gimping the opponent, that's just the main way he is forced to get kills because teaming limits his combo potential. He adds a lot more than you think.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Fox can be more gimpy than Marth sometimes.

And in case you haven't noticed, Marth deals the damage in our matches and is the one that normally gets them off the stage for you. His range also forces the opponents to fight on a "smaller" battle ground which makes it easier for you to stay close to the opponents and not have to be running across the stage every five seconds. It's more than just gimping the opponent, that's just the main way he is forced to get kills because teaming limits his combo potential. He adds a lot more than you think.
I didn't mean anything bad by it, Sonic, come on now. And you can't deny the gayness that Marth personifies. I didn't say he didn't add anything, just nothing "magical" that makes it the perfect team combo. It IS quite the deadly combo, however.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
marth and falco work good with jiggs. of course marth cause of it alot easier to grab and jiggs can just come along and rest. then falco ofcourse cause of his combos. and cause he can help u out alot with his lasers.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Ganon deals plenty of damage plus allows jiggs to get them off the stage easily and Ganon finishes.
Falco would work simiarly since you basically trade opponents after Falco deals some damage and knocks them off the stage or far away.

Jigg, while great on its own, is an assist character in team. Basically you want whoever you can think best possibly to push someone far off the stage. Jiggs then edge guards them while you finish working on Jigg's opponent.

The King

Smash Ace
Dr. Hyde's pretty spot-on. Jiggs' best capabilities come when playing Jigglypuff as an assist/support role. You want to be able to stay alive as long as you can, stay out of trouble, control the edge, and keep the pressure or focus off your teammate when you need to.

That said, I've found Jiggs' best teammates to be characters which can 1.) Get a quick or gimpy kill as quickly and efficiently as possible, 2.) Have a great but slow recovery, so it gives Jiggs more time to come up with an option for helping their teammate back to the stage, 3.) And characters which can handle themselves well on their own among most matchups.

For me, it would probably go like: Fox, Sheik, Falcon, Marth, Ganon, Jiggs. It doesn't really help to team with another floaty character, such as peach or doc, simply because your options for quick powerful kills are decreased, and the likeliness your teammate will be killed by something you cannot possibly prevent increases (such as Doc getting knee'd/tippered above 60%)

Falco's a solid character too, but he really is more of a 1vs1 character, imo. His main approaches (lasers and Dairs for instance) can interrupt everything on the stage, including what you were working on. Add to that his abismal recovery, and it isn't the most ideal team combination Jiggs could find.

King Out

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just out of curiosity, has anyone every took part in a Jiggs/Jiggs vs. Other team match and would like to describe that experience?

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
It helps to have a teammate with good grab skills. If you can isolate into 1 on 1 matchups, wokr it out with your partner to get him/her to look for good grab opportunities. Once you see it, float in for a free rest. the your partner jabs to wake you up and on you go.

I prefer teaming with Marth or Peach for this kind of strategy. Fox is ok too, but the Fox I team with will sometimes accidently upsmash instead of jab to wake me up >.< so i dont like him so much

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Marth is good, Grab-->Rest ftw. And he can Fsmash people out of your grabs.
Peach is alright, Team Lifebank can annoy people ****less.
Zelda sucks, don't use her (I know from experience, she's not an amazing teams partner)
Ganon and Falcon might work well, they're good at controlling the stage while Jiggz can do the edge-guarding and Rests.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
the Captain isn't a bad choice. It's not overly difficult to save him on recovery with a Uair or Dair, and his quick mobility means he can assist in a hurry if you get into trouble.

Ganon Im not so fond of. He's not the best teammate to have wake you up out of a Rest (7% plus stun from his jab), and if he gets a little crazy with his Fair, well its a hell of a lot easier to get team KO'd by that then, say, Falcon's knee. (hitbox-size)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Lai, you should play Young Link. If you get a grab every now and then, he can rest them, but you should go with YL.

The jiggly can just do his thing, and hopefully life tank for you or what not.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Marth is good, Grab-->Rest ftw. And he can Fsmash people out of your grabs.
Peach is alright, Team Lifebank can annoy people ****less.
Zelda sucks, don't use her (I know from experience, she's not an amazing teams partner)
Ganon and Falcon might work well, they're good at controlling the stage while Jiggz can do the edge-guarding and Rests.
Zelda is amazing in teams. wtf are you talking about?
lol.

Young Link blows in teams.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Young Link blows in teams.
From my experience, it is better to play as your main character and just find a way that works (let the Jiggly be more aggressive and you can play support, both of you can just be extremely annoying throughout the whole match, etc) than to switch to a secondary character that may not be as good.

Now, I'm not you Lai. You may have a character that you are comfortable with and who works well with Jigglypuff. If your Zelda has worked in the past, then just let her do her stuff. Good luck. :)

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
One thing that since everyone is mentioning the grabs and rest victories, One of my friends plays a mean IC and yes he Wobbles but eh. Isn't that what everyone here seems to be looking for if they claim that you play Puff in teams so you can rest kill from a grab? I've done it since its not hard when the other player can't get out.

S0FT

Smash Ace
IC's are good with jiggs. They are extremely powerful and can knock opponents pretty far for ez kills. Its realy ez to save them and for them to get grabs for you to rest, nana can even sheild so popo doesnt get accidently hit. They are good ground characters while jiggly puff is in the air they are not jiggs best team mates but ive never heard anyone mention them before and they are pretty good!

Sliq

Smash Master
Go with a character that gets a lot of grabs. Sheik, Fox, and Marth are all great partners for Jiggs. Jiggs is unbelievably good in teams do to grab rest and the fact that your partner can wake you up before you get pwnt by someone.

Top Bottom