• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Redundancy Team combo videos

Jugz

Smash Apprentice
Hello, Team Redundancy Team is a small group of players from Newfoundland Canada dedicated to high quality play of competitive smash. The following videos were recorded over a 2 month period; matches are taken from play amongst our group and some tournament play. There is absolutely NO WIFI play in these videos enjoy!

Player Chef

“Shoot an Arrow in me I’m Done” A Toon Link combo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tMg8Wxi0so

Player Jugs

“Phox” A Fox combo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmDLU3D0EZo

“Lost in Time” A Marth combo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2SFZBO8uI

Player G~Zus
“High Heels, Higher Power” A Peach combo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIYk6MffZ68

Player The Nix
"The Only Way to Fly ...err Walk" A Falco Combo Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tThkO6Pmgz0

“I know That Monkey His Name is Donkey” A DK combo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sb3WR_fvA

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
OMG a combo videos where the opponents actually attack and dodge....don't see alot of those around...
5 star just for that

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
OMG a combo videos where the opponents actually attack and dodge....don't see alot of those around...
5 star just for that
That's because if the opponent can attack and dodge, they're not legitimate combos.
Stop being ignorant and posting stupid **** all over the boards.

Very good videos, guys, I enjoyed them all; and that's saying a lot.

-Nox`

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Lol, that Ike got ***** @ end of Marth vid. XD
I liked them all, but Fox combo vids are meh....

Gea

Smash Master
5 star just for that
Really? Because no offense, but like no one shields in any of those. I understand its like a best of clips (and there are some awesome clips in there) but DK getting uair'd like 5 times in a row (as he's trying to dair) isn't the best gameplay footage ever.

Very well done, however, and some really great moments in there. I'm just not sure I would consider this stuff viable against anyone decent... but hey, these videos are for entertainment.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Really? Because no offense, but like no one shields in any of those. I understand its like a best of clips (and there are some awesome clips in there) but DK getting uair'd like 5 times in a row (as he's trying to dair) isn't the best gameplay footage ever.
Aha, yeah, we considered cutting that clip. I kept trying to predict his attack and dair him out of it, but I kept missing (or he kept avoiding it, either way). Still, the clip is funny. I don't hate it.

Anyway, you're right, these videos are just for entertainment. I've actually been known to shield too much, while Chef is famous for powershielding or sidestepping everything. But obviously, any clip that involves either of these things probably isn't going to make the cut.

Gea

Smash Master
Aha, yeah, we considered cutting that clip. I kept trying to predict his attack and dair him out of it, but I kept missing (or he kept avoiding it, either way). Still, the clip is funny. I don't hate it.

Anyway, you're right, these videos are just for entertainment. I've actually been known to shield too much, while Chef is famous for powershielding or sidestepping everything. But obviously, any clip that involves either of these things probably isn't going to make the cut.
Which I understand. I loved how your vids were put together, I just think that people who see these vids as a way to express the pinnacles of play are kinda mistaken. Not every moment of every match is this stuff back and forth.

I do love that you released them all in the same timeframe. It was interesting to see who your best players are and how each of your "best moments" mesh.

I wanna say I can tell you guys played Melee. Heh.

Jugz

Smash Apprentice
Which I understand. I loved how your vids were put together, I just think that people who see these vids as a way to express the pinnacles of play are kinda mistaken. Not every moment of every match is this stuff back and forth.

I do love that you released them all in the same timeframe. It was interesting to see who your best players are and how each of your "best moments" mesh.

I wanna say I can tell you guys played Melee. Heh.
Yah we played melee a ton as well. We even had some melee combo videos.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Finally some good Brawl combo vids... why does everyone else post the same stuff all the time, this stuff has some original / creative things gj

Denzi

Smash Master
Team name = pwn

I watched the Nix's vid on the Falco boards; was amazed. Will watch the others when I have time.

Jugz

Smash Apprentice
Finally some good Brawl combo vids... why does everyone else post the same stuff all the time, this stuff has some original / creative things gj
Thank you, it was our goal when we started to recording to try to add something original to the pool.

Denzi

Smash Master
And original they are.

Watched the rest:

TLink: 1:56 edgehog on Marth was amazing

Fox: lol wallshine kills

Marth: I liked the fsmash kill through PSone.

Peach: Actually looked like the same combo over and over again. Worst one IMO (still not bad though)

DK: Teching and going underneath Smashville was almost as good as the "missile combo" on Pictochat.

Once again, you guys are amazing.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
very amazing you guys working on any new vids?
Well we aren't really planning any videos any time soon, but we will be recording matches anyway. So if we feel the desire to make more videos, we should already have some new footage. I wouldn't be surprised if Jugs tries to make a Ness video, or if Chef makes a ROB one.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
who was the Ike player in those vids
Me.
When we started recording, I was still using a lot of Ike and Sheik/Zelda, because I wasn't sure who I wanted for a second video after DK. Ike is still my "favorite" character (as I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan), though.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
oh cool are you good with him.
I am going to watch your vids again
I guess I'm pretty good with him, considering the fact that he isn't a good character. I figured it would be too tough to make a combo video of him that wasn't just all spikes and bairs. The only Ike video I've ever seen that I really liked was Project Power Hungry (which was created long after I decided on Falco as my second main).

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
cool dude
Do you ever play Wifi?
Sorry, neither of us play any WiFi. I found that WiFi played really messed with my timing and ability to tech, and when I get adjusted to the input delay, I then start struggling with timing and teching in local games. :ohwell:

comboking

Smash Master
Oh well okay then I suck on Wifi anyways.
On the video Lost in Time at 4:23 in that combo all you had to do was grab him and wait and he would fall to his death and the only way for him to recover is DownB twice in the air so the C4 hits him and then UpB. Just a tip for jugs.

Jugz

Smash Apprentice
Oh well okay then I suck on Wifi anyways.
On the video Lost in Time at 4:23 in that combo all you had to do was grab him and wait and he would fall to his death and the only way for him to recover is DownB twice in the air so the C4 hits him and then UpB. Just a tip for jugs.
I'm well aware of the release on snake, however if you notice the platform is right there and if i had released him I'm confident that he would have landed on it.

Denzi

Smash Master
Well we aren't really planning any videos any time soon, but we will be recording matches anyway. So if we feel the desire to make more videos, we should already have some new footage. I wouldn't be surprised if Jugs tries to make a Ness video, or if Chef makes a ROB one.
I hope you guys do make more vids; the ones you have now are excellent and I would look forward to watching more.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Nix is good at not getting spiked O_O Rob Zombie rofl. Nice Falco.
Thanks. I suppose a lot of that comes from Melee, where me and Jugs would tech (or meteor cancel) almost everything on our way back to the stage. We've always loved off-stage battles, so I guess it's only natural that we learn to survive out there.

Top Bottom