• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Of 3 Level 9's

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
Anyone out there abld to beat three level 9's consistently (without using clitches or other cheap methods)? And is there any online footage of this? I found that I can beat a TEAM of three level 8's in one of every three attempts. I can only beat a team of three level 9's in one in every ten attempts. When I say beat - i mean own -i mean give them three times as much damage as they give you. i want someone to say that they have played a team of 3 level nine falcos, captain falcons or young links and given at least, say 3000 damage and recieved no more than 1000. I know computers are dumb but if you can do this to three level nines (give 3 times more damage than recieved) then you must have quick wit and good defensive passive aggressive skills. If giving 3 times more than recieved is possible then cool - if you say its easy then i would hope you can honestly say uve done it (some evidence would be nice).

Skler

Smash Master
Just sit at one side of the stage and spam fsmash or pick a stage where they'll SD every time. It isn't hard to beat a team of level 9s.

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
What I want to see is someone give three tines as much damage to a team of three level 9's than they recieve - when i beat teams of level 8's i can give them like 3000 damage and only recieve 1000 - thats truly beating them - im not talking about cheap methods of merely technically "winning" - thats what I want to see

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I would play as Ganondorf/Marth and just spam fair/fsmash, respectively.

Best way to beat computers is to go to Yoshi's Island and camp the far cloud.

CKaiser

Smash Apprentice
So by your logic if a fox manages to shinespike a human player 4 times dealing only about 20 damage each time and the opponent gets them to 81 damage even though the fox did not lose a single life, the opponent won? Honestly who plays computers? You could just play Marth and wait for them to walk into f smashes

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
Yo Ckaiser, If you have played marth and "waited for three young links to walk into fsmashes and succeeded in dealing three times more damage than recieved well ok - dont just say thats all you need to do - i doubt it would work . you'd get f'd up. Why dont you try it. Of course people are better and obviously more fun to play than computers but ive never played a human that is more of a challenge to deal three tiens more damaged than recieved than is a team of three lvl 9 links. And as for a player who gave 80 damge compared to one who respectivley gave 81 but was ko'ed. I mean of course giving 80 and ko'ing is winning but it I were KOed 3 times and my oponent was nevered KO'ed yet I gave him 400 damage and only recieved 100 - OF COURSE I PLAYED BETTER and would probably consider myself teh real winner.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Yo Ckaiser, If you have played marth and "waited for three young links to walk into fsmashes and succeeded in dealing three times more damage than recieved well ok - dont just say thats all you need to do - i doubt it would work . you'd get f'd up. Why dont you try it.
Youre wrong. It works like a charm. Computers are idiots and I fail to see the relevance of this topic. This is the Section to ask for Link advice, not post about beating level 9 computers section.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
CKaiser's right. As long as you were smart about anti-projectiles, you could probably win that way.

And your logic is really bad. Say I play Falcon. Say I'm playing against... I dunno, a Marth. I start the game, land a knee, then suicide four times with stupid Raptor Boosts. Surprise, I just did more damage than he did to me. Did I play better than he did?

Doubt it.

With a lot of characters (Marth comes to mind) getting people to really high percents is a sign of lack of skill.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8KMGDtiEr8

Lol, it's cheap but just goes to show how easily it's done. I'm pretty sure any set of 3 lvl 9s would still be just as easy as this...

So either I have "quick wit and good defensive passive aggressive skills" for essentially mashing B down over and over again, or doing this proves nothing whatsoever. Point proven.

Top Bottom