• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TC's Smash Café # 2 - March 5th, 2011, Ferndale, MI - Results Thread

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I guess you can all be happy about how easy a lot of the tech in Brawl is.

On the one hand, it means you won't have to spend nearly as much time practicing just tech. On the other hand, it means you can't get much better just by practicing tech.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
yeah thats pretty much what I was getting at. Sure glide tossing is a tech, but honestly all the tech in brawl is so easy. You practice it for twenty minutes and its fine. In comparison to melee and 64 at least.

I must agree with ankoku. I get better at brawl by not even playing, just by thinking and analyzing videos when I get a chance. Tech skill is of less priority. Now on the other hand, when I watch melee videos and try to play I get spanked.

yo harms you can only glide toss forward because youre using A probably. Use the cstick son. If youre using the cstick and you can do it forward you should be able to do it in every other direction just the same

yeah thats pretty much what I was getting at. Sure glide tossing is a tech, but honestly all the tech in brawl is so easy. You practice it for twenty minutes and its fine. In comparison to melee and 64 at least.

I must agree with ankoku. I get better at brawl by not even playing, just by thinking and analyzing videos when I get a chance. Tech skill is of less priority. Now on the other hand, when I watch melee videos and try to play I get spanked.

yo harms you can only glide toss forward because youre using A probably. Use the cstick son. If youre using the cstick and you can do it forward you should be able to do it in every other direction just the same

I don't think you'll be successful in either game if all you do is either practice tech skill or watch vids. It would require at least a bit of both I would presume.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
of course, I was exaggerating. I mean you still definitely have to have your characters movement and moveset down in either game equally. Just at least in brawl I guess theres less to master when it comes to your character. Melee and brawl both require that mental component. But melee it takes a lot more work before you get to even worrying about that -.-

64 on the other hand....

Top Bottom