• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TCS IV Results, Tuscaloosa, AL February 7, 2009

Winnar

Smash Lord
DanGR - Outstanding Olimar...your matches with Who? (especially that last one on Pictochat) were spectacular to the point that even though Who? is a buddy of mine, I couldn't decide which player to root for.
Yeah lmao I don't think I was even rooting for me. It's hard to explain, but I was just happy to be playing such intensely fun and hardcore matches.

MATCHES WHICH I'M HOPING WILL BE UPLOADED SOMETIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE

XD tbh there's no rush, I'm just milking the gag <_____<

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha you guys are so impatient XD.

Yeah...I think competition is cool and all, but my main priority is to have a good time when playing Smash, so I don't really place a lot of value on results. Then again, it's not like I have a reputation to maintain, but w/e. Anyways, since I find Yoshi to be the most enjoyable character [although Mario (for the cape) or Fox (for the shine) might come close] I decided to just stick with him for all three events.
I'm jealous. That's too cool.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@theONEjanitor - if stages aren't banned for giving extreme advantages to small groups of characters, why is shadow moses island banned? Can we unban it?
there's a difference between an advantage, and an extreme advantage that auto-guarantees a player a win.

Diddy Kong is absolute beast mode on Final Destination, but that doesn't mean it should be banned.
many characters are useless on rainbow cruise, but that doesn't mean it should be banned.

dedede is auto-guaranteed a stock whenever he grabs someone on shadow moses

lol @ munkus

lol @ me being good at teams, i never thought I'd hear someone say that but I guess I did get second

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I actually think snake is really fun and cool-looking on the screen
he just also happens to be overpowered and silly
so that works for me

but I've noticed, that usually in fighting games i play good characters, and good characters are the most fun for me (possibly because they cause me to win the most)

Although I play Roy in Melee, so...

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I actually think snake is really fun and cool-looking on the screen
he just also happens to be overpowered and silly
so that works for me
This is how it happened with me and MK.

Ask anyone that knows me, I called dibs on MK when he was announced. It's right there on the first page of the Alabama thread: Jiggs-with-a-sword

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
@T1J ive heard you mention how "unfun" your snake is to play and how campy etc. it is.
i actually had ALOT of fun during our matches though. so no worries.

yeah i want another tournament!
and thank you for the shoutouts. i hope i can start doing better in dittos for 3GOD's sake lol. and I KNOW man, i need to start doing dair to uair to uair combo alot more. i saw you use it alot :D
lol mabey usmash spam isnt such a great idea.

and i was the only DDD there. and a very poor one at that. mabey ill improve on that so i can actually fight majist next time instead of just running for my life :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah slam, I think online people are just faygots that hate to lose.
but I am pretty campy.
guide to playing snake

1. run away set c4
2. run away throw grenades
3. explode c4 when your opponent is near
4. shield your opponents attacks
5. ftilt if the attack has hitlag
6. start over at step 1 if you dont have time to ftilt
7. replace ftilt with uptilt at killing percents

why doesn't olimar have landing lag after his up-b.
its his freaking up b for crissakes

and I can vouch for munkus. he did pick his main before brawl ever came out.

funfact: I used to think snake was lame early on.
funfact2: diddy kong is the very first character I ever picked in Brawl. He eventually became my main, and now he's my secondary.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Why doesn't Snake have landing lag after his UpB? BAM

No I've fought even campy Snakes and it's not that bad, for my DK at least. I can probably hate it a lot more if I just get more exposure to it, but I almost always enjoy my Snake matches, he's really one of my top 10 fav characters to fight really.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Kalm, did I face your DK? I fought someone's DK and it was really good. I got runaway combo'd before realizing I need to not leave myself open for that to happen.

10vids

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Kalm, did I face your DK? I fought someone's DK and it was really good. I got runaway combo'd before realizing I need to not leave myself open for that to happen.

10vids
You have ten videos from the tournament? Nice.

You must have faced Kalm's DK at some point because we were all in the same pool.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
This was an awesome tournament and I'm really glad I was able to make it. I was so pumped about it I actually showed up 15 min before anyone got there, haha. I've been to several TCS tournaments in the past and this one was by far the best. Thanks to all you guys for the shoutouts. I guess everybody assumes I don't visit smashboards but I actually visit quite often, I just don't post much. I love challenges and I love link; luckily they pretty much always go hand in hand, lol. Most of all I just think smash is awesome fun, and I'm up to play any of you guys whenever I get the chance. Anyway here's a few shoutouts:

moogle - 64 smash YAYEAH! rockin awesome finally getting to play you on console. I hope we get to do it again sometime. Also congrats placing in all the tournaments without even playing for a month, haha.

3GOD - Great seeing you again. I think I've seen you at every TCS tournament I've been to so far, haha. Great lucas; I wish I could have played your Wario too. I love your attitude toward smash and I've been wanting to tell you I think your gamertag is awesome.

T1J - Great job hosting the tourny. Had great fun playing you in 64; wish we could have played some Brawl too. We should definitely try to play online sometime.

DanGR - You've got some serious smash skills man. I never got to play you but I'm pretty sure your olimar would bury my link underneath a pile of angry pikmin.

Cam - Great matches man. I seriously don't know how I pulled it off. You've got a great pika. That QAC is scary, haha.

Kalm - It was great to play you and to watch you play. You seem pretty versatile with your characters and that DK is a monster. btw don't worry about confusing me with someone else, I swear I almost did the same thing like 5 times, haha.

BrownScourge - Best bowser I've seen yet. You really know how to take people off guard with him. Those matches we had were sooo intense!

ING :D - That sucks that your controller kept screwing up but you played awesome nonetheless. You have a very good and entertaining diddy kong. Using those barrels like that was the coolest technique I saw by far.

Who? - You're hilarious. It was great getting to play you and be rocked by falcon's knee. (That snake was weak though :p) I hope I can play you again at the next tourny.

Majist - It was great seeing you again; it's been a long time. Hopefully we can play more matches next time.

Jeff - Your yoshi is awesome! I was so rooting for you to single handedly beat munkus and moogle in teams, haha. Great friendlies; I hope we get to play again sometime.

To everyone else that I played , great matches (especially if it was 64 :p). If any of you guys every want to play online let me know.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Thanks Bomb <3. We need to have a Link ditto next time to match the Bowser ditto I got to have with BrownScourge, those friendlies were as good as it gets. Or better yet, maybe you can face my Sonic in the Low Tier division. )=D Next time I'm going to work hard to bring at least one setup of my own and make things run better.

@Who?- Yeah I was the only DK there, and it'll more than likely be that way with the exception of Will_ when he can make it. We had three close matches, and I lost the last one from experimentally CPing PS1. Well, I did a lot of experimental picks being as that was my first time playing competitively, so maybe I can get that last bit off of you from another stage, who knows. At any rate yours and mine were one of the matchups I lost without any real regret, good fights are good fights.
I doubt any of them got recorded though, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get in any vids at all, story of my life. Fortunately there are plans to avoid that next time too, I was involved in far too many epic moments to be ignored. =3

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah, I remembered playing a really good, really fun DK, I just couldn't remember who. Yeah, the first tourney is definitely very experimental. Actually, I still never really know where to counterpick XD

Also yeah I need to get a capture card so I can record some of these matches we play D:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I think I'm going to have to experiment in just about every tourny I attend. I don't have anyone to play offline and it looks like DK has a lot of stage options, more than other characters. Between Mansion, Japes, Yoshi's Island, Pictochat, Lylat Cruise, and even Halberd, Corneria, and Norfair. There are techincal advantages DK can have, generally involving his UpB, that I need to get used to exploiting to become truly amazing with my main.
In fact I found out two things each about Japes and Mansion I could've been using for DK's game that I didn't know before. That's what I get for shunning the DK boards I guess.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if Genesis and Final Round fuse and happen on the same day of the next AL tournament, I'm coming to the next one.

And good **** Andy and Dan.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Rofl great answer, especially the emphasis on 90 feet.

On the stage subject, from my talking in the DK thread, it's apparently not uncommon at all for certain regions to ban stages you wouldn't expect. With Mansion and Japes being the two big stages for DK, a lot of the players said they've been to tournies where one or both were banned.

I'm not bringing that up to take any sides on our stage preferences, but what the majority wants is more important than the minority, so I think you should take it into consideration for your next tourny T1J. Basically, it doesn't sound like it's frowned upon or weird to differ slightly from the cookie cutter SBR rules. Probably especially since TCS got good feedback and that's even less reason for people to be wary about it next time.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar's upb has lag if it's used more than a short hop above ground or a platform.

Will_ and Reflex, (if you read this) sorry about everything that happened at CoT4. Sounds dumb. I'll be sure to remember that if I ever start to think about going up there again.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody. It's Spade.

This tournament has been my favorite, and best placing for me so far. I actually won something :] (I guess there's actually a use to maining someone low-tier). I feel like I got way to pissed at a few things though, maybe due to lack of sleep the night before? The tournament went a little slow, or at least the low-tier one. It took somewhere around 30 or 45 minutes just to play in the losers semi-finals.

One of my biggest (now) pet peeves: getting knocked out by the same person/team twice. It happened to me in the 2 tourneys I did best in. Moogle knocked me out twice in the low-tier (although I still managed to get 3rd), and Pika_Cam and I got knocked out by HYES in doubles. Still, it was definitely the best tournament I've been to so far. :] I played a lot of amazing players.

Jeff: Your Yoshi is truely amazing. I'm still surprised I managed to beat you in the low-tiers.

DanGR: Obviously, you know my faults pretty well, and punished my marth accordingly ;]

Nice1: Your Snake is pretty awesome. You took a **** advantage of your c4, 'nades, and anything else explosive on my Marth, and eventually I considered giving up. Either way, it was fun playing you.

Cam: I think it's funny that we didn't even happen to play each other the whole tournament, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure whether I like tipper_jolt or Thunderspike better.

Shock: Your kirby actually did fairly well against my Marth, and I do HATE pictochat haha.

Moogle: Why must you use Ness in the low-tiers? Lol. I really should work on my Ness ditto. I think my Samus played alright until I had already been eliminated once...

To everyone else I didn't mention: I had tons of fun playing you, and look forward to playing those of you I didn't play.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes,

CIN: Your falcon actually was pretty good at the tourney, and I enjoyed watching you play other people while I was waiting to play.
tNado: how did you beat my freakin' Marth or Falco (can't remember) in one match? I don't get it? OH YEAH....MK.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
next time I'm gonna go all metaknight in pools

and have a laugh afterwords

why can't everyone counter pick smashville like a normal person jesus guys

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
DanGR - You've got some serious smash skills man. I never got to play you but I'm pretty sure your olimar would bury my link underneath a pile of angry pikmin.
Thanks. You were the dude that handed it to me in 64 with Link, right? (I'm awful with names) Those were some of the funnest matches I played that whole day. I should start playing that game.

T1J, I LOVE smashville. I'll agree to play on that stage every match we play if you want. :p

anhkheg

Smash Rookie
Hey all its ZaP, didnt get to play many of you and as this was my first tourney i dont think i did to badly (no one to practice with regularly.)

Shouts (yes its a bit late):
Jeff - AMAZING yoshi man, tho i must say im sad you didnt go farther (oh yeah...spaced Warlock Punch for the win!)

Nice1 and T1J - you guys had amazing teamwork when me and Kira faced you in the first round of teams. I look forward to playing yall again at later tournaments

DanGR - What can I say? your Olimar is legit and you thoroghly dominated everyone in pools. Need to play you in more friendlies

CHEAP PEACH - I can honestly say that even after watching you use Peach in several matches it still caught me off guard in our match.

Pops - nice counter picks for your second win. I know ROB counters Olimar but i never expected to see him from you

To all else - good games and Happy Brawling! I look forward to seeing you all again at later tournaments

Argenteus

Smash Rookie
(oh yeah...spaced Warlock Punch for the win!)
I completely forgot that we played matches in the low-tier event. That WP was amazing - I knew immediately after I missed the smash (due to your spacing) that I was gonna get it in the face. It was a lot of fun playing with you. Hope to see you at the next TCS.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Thanks. You were the dude that handed it to me in 64 with Link, right? (I'm awful with names) Those were some of the funnest matches I played that whole day. I should start playing that game.

T1J, I LOVE smashville. I'll agree to play on that stage every match we play if you want. :p
you say that now
but one day I'll learn to fight olimar

and then you'll start cp'ing mansion again

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I can't wait to go through the painful process of learning how to fight DanGR's Olimar. It's going to take forever to get past OMFG HOW DO YOU KEEP GRABBING ME and WHAT THE HELL THE PICMAN ARE EATING ME followed by HE FRIGGIN SPIKED ME!?!?!

It's gonna be greeaaaat.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't wait to go through the painful process of learning how to fight DanGR's Olimar. It's going to take forever to get past OMFG HOW DO YOU KEEP GRABBING ME and WHAT THE HELL THE PICMAN ARE EATING ME followed by HE FRIGGIN SPIKED ME!?!?!

It's gonna be greeaaaat.
Lolololololol. I must sig this.

Janitor, keep dreaming. :)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Glad to please. =3

The Alabama boards have done a great job of it so far, but just a friendly reminder...

Don't praise me in any way, my sig is the truth.

Wine

Smash Cadet
spade- i hope to attend another low tier tourney soon, frankly i think i got gypped :/ no offense to spade but your pausing twice on my chain grab on your ness got put to a stop twice bc of you freaking out and pausing the game..twice... but w/e i guess i shoudve callled it out at the time.. cool guy though, had fun

Wine

Smash Cadet
Here we go again.....

-nu/Wine: IHATEYOURROBOMG stop killing yourself :p

duuude i know... i have a really bad habit of pulling lucas out.. im trying to break the habit but i just keep doing it we were 1-1 with my rob and then i ****ing lost with lucas...same **** with kalm..i did terrible in singles...still lots of fun though. hope to see you guys at the next tourney

Winnar

Smash Lord
T1J - Brackets look good, though it's kind of impossible to read. Not a big deal though.

Also T1J, we should totally do teams next time, at least in friendlies. Snake & Snake XD f-tilt -> f-tilt -> f-tilt -> f-tilt -> ... (first hit only)

Ridiculous XD

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
spade- i hope to attend another low tier tourney soon, frankly i think i got gypped :/ no offense to spade but your pausing twice on my chain grab on your ness got put to a stop twice bc of you freaking out and pausing the game..twice... but w/e i guess i shoudve callled it out at the time.. cool guy though, had fun
Lol. He does that during friendlies sometimes if his control is screwed up. I guess that's what you get for using a wavebird.

Spade for PR!

Top Bottom