• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TCS IV Results, Tuscaloosa, AL February 7, 2009

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Thanks everyone for coming. This was rather large for an AL tournament.

Doubles (13 teams):
Bracket: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/doublesbracket-1.gif

1. Jet of Falcos (munkus + moogle) $156
2. AL is gonna win in Philly (nice1 + theONEjanitor) $78
3. Team HYES!!!11!! (3GOD + Who?) $26
4. Thunderspike (Cam + Spade)
5. Team Name (Robert + Jeff)
5. Biggoron Sword (pops + Majist)
7. Quick Blade (Kira + Zap)
7. The Green Dream (tNado + Shock)
9. I LOVE HEROIN (Skiz + ShaSLAM)
9. ? (Alex + Sean)
9. ..... (reimeii + Brandon)
9. BW (707 + General Mills)
13. CandRTandN (ING:D + CIN)

Low Tier (28 entrants)
Bracket: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/lowtierbracket.gif

Let me know what characters you guys played.

1. Who? (Captain Falcon) $84
2. moogle (Ness, Jigglypuff) $42
3. Spade (Ness) $14
4. pops (Pokemon Trainer)
5. 3GOD (Lucas)
5. nu (Lucas)
7. Jeff (Yoshi)
7. munkus (Pokemon Trainer)
9. Robert
9. reimeii (Pokemon Trainer)
9. nice1 (Mario)
9. DanGR (Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff)
13. theONEjanitor (Yoshi)
13. The Brown Scourge
13. Diodz (Ness)
13. CIN
17. DaBomb
17. Kira (Ganondorf)
17. Zap
17. Kalm (Sonic)
17. Cheap
17. Mr. Referee
17. Shock
17. ING:D
25. InTACT
25. shaSLAM
25. Skiz
25. tNADO
25. Vyse

Singles (35 entrants)
Pools:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/pool5.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/pool4.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/pool3.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/pool2.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/pool1.gif

Bracket: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/theonejanitor/singlesbracket-1.gif

1. moogle (split) (Fox) $150-something
1. DanGR (split) (Olimar) $150-something
3. Who? (Snake) $35
4. theONEjanitor (Snake)
5. 3GOD (Wario)
5. nice1 (Falco)
7. pops (Toon Link)
7. munkus (Metaknight)
9. Kira (Marth)
9. Majist (Marth/Ike)
9. Kalm (Donkey Kong)
9. Spade
13. Cheap
13. nu (Lucas/R.O.B.)
13. Jeff
13. Shock

everyone else eliminated in pools

shoutouts coming soon, and maybe bracket images too.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't use MK very often. Only a couple times in pools when peeps counterpicked Delphino and then I think twice against Who? and once against Spade. The rest I went Olimar.

Shoutouts later!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Shoutouts.

moogle--wtf at fox's lasers being able to blow up grenades. my set with you was probably my favorite of the night
DanGR--:sadface: I'm gonna come up to hville/madison and practice against your Olimar because this is getting ridiculous :-P i can beat olimars online with snake but yours is just too good :-D, close low tier matches too
3GOD--I thought you had me that last round. your wario is sickness. Great lucas as well
nice1--good stuff in teams, we both got taken out by DanGR lol
nu--i told you you'd have an advantage in low tier because you already main a low tier, very impressive job
pops--didn't play you this time around, but your results look like you're getting better
shaSLAM--good matches in pools. you're good enough to make it out, I think we had the toughest pool
Cheap--wtf when did you get so good at brawl so quickly lol...also good melee matches at the end
justin--good stuff ****** me in 64, i need to start back practicing that
Kira--good matches, snakes really good at stealing momentum lol
Majist--I honestly don't know how I won on rainbow cruise. Marth is a hard counter to Kirby, but Kirby is pretty much theonly character I dont suck on Rainbow Cruise with
munkus--good **** in teams, yall are just too good of a team. I didn't know that you were good with PT as well, nice

overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how I did. I was concerned that my spot on the PR list may have been in jeopardy because of poor tourney results

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I was ****ting blood when I got home!

So I really was sick!

Faaaaaaaaack

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Moogle- thanks for the ride down there. I think you're a good singer. :D Congrats on getting in the money in all three events.

Who?- Our matches were a lot of fun dude. Very fast-paced from what I remember. I'll have to work on my low tier characters so I don't get ***** so hard anymore. haha.

TheONEjanitor- good job running the tournament. I'm surprised at how efficiently the tvs were being used. The pools took a little too long, so I'm hoping the way that's set up could be tweaked some.

3GOD- nice talkin to you again. I wish I got to play you in singles. I haven't played any Warios recently. I might be rusty. D:

Nice1- nice to finally meet you man. Those were some VERY close matches. and sorry about all the camping. It's how I deal with Falco. :/ Oh, and thanks for recording those matches.

Pops- Please don't quit. :"( You underestimate yourself a lot. It's saddening. You've gotten top 8 at like the past 3 or so tourneys you've been to. You have the talent. You've just got to find the right character and stick with him/her. (MK?)

Munkus- I didn't get to play you this time. I was looking forward to it. Get better. (health wise, lol)

Majist- We never play each other, lol.

Reflex- COME TO A TOURNEY THAT I ATTEND FOR ONCE!!!

Peeps from my school and Peter- It was sweet how many of y'all came. You guys made up about a 4th of the attendants. Some of y'all keep getting down about yourselves. I've been seeing improvement from all of y'all though. ;)

My pool- You guys were fun to play with. Thanks for being good sports about the matches. A lot of people complain. You guys were real cool. Delphino sucks.

Anyone I didn't mention- sorry, lol. I'm tired. :urg:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I didn't use MK very often. Only a couple times in pools when peeps counterpicked Delphino and then I think twice against Who? and once against Spade. The rest I went Olimar.

Shoutouts later!
BS CALLOUT!!

We were in brackets that time you used Metaknight against me DanGR. I blind picked Pikachu against your Snake but it was too close for you. So then you scrambled further up the tier tree from S tier to SS tier to finish me off.

So what, that's four times in brackets, and you also used him in pools? That's a lot of MK DanGR

--Nice1 used Mario in low tiers. I lost sets using Zelda and Pikachu in the main tournament, but i indeed only won sets with Toon Link. I beat a guy in pools with Rob. I hate Rob.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Shout outs:

Moogle - best person to ride with ever, as always. Except i have to say it's a tie with Rob, ya'll are both the best to ride with. IOU 5$, i know you won't pester me on it, i'll pester myself. (if you flash your winnings at some point though, it will probably be like an MIB flashy thingy though...)
DanGR- i had to play you early again, and lose to you. At least there was some irony/humor in the counterpicking though. I thought i made top 11 at this tournament, i'm surprised to find out that i did make top 8 so maybe i won't quit real tier tournaments.
3GOD- casuals was really fun man. I'm not going to lie though, the results of our match were really depressing for me. I got a chance to play Zelda and tournament, but my Zelda is total crap now because i can't find enough reasons to convince myself to keep practicing her (most reasons to play Zelda have five letters and rhyme with Mario), even though she's my favorite.
Course, if i had won it would've been "durr my main grab releases your main", so that's not all that fun either.
Majist - thanks for teams.
Who? - Very fun to play against. It's nice to find someone else who plays to win before the match starts, i don't understand why other people don't. You plain outplayed me with Falcon and left me with some identified weaknesses in my PT.
Cheap Peach- the crazy stuff your Peach does is amazing. I was disappointed and excited at the same time when i didn't have to play you in brackets. If you're ever going to be in Huntsville, i'd like to play you more.
nu - surprisingly and refreshingly fun casuals. We should have chatted more. But let's face it it was 12:00 something.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pops, about MK. I used him 3 times in pools- all matches I would have won with Olimar anyways. I used him once against Spade, (again, I most likely would have won with Oli) once against you, (I usually win v you) and twice against Who? (I lost those two). that's 7 times using MK.

Wanna know how many times I used Olimar? Let's see. I used him 9 times in pools, won all of them. Then I used him once against Spade. I won. I used him once against Who? and lost, so I switched to MK, but I still lost. In loser's, I played nice1 three times with Olimar. I won 2/3. I continued to 2-0 T1J with Oli. Then I used MK against Who? in loser's finals. I lost that match. I switched to Oli the next 4 matches and won 3/4. Sooooo... that's 20 matches with Oli versus only 7 with MK. That's barely a 4th of them matches I used MK. That's not even factoring in the fact that I used MK in pools just to get warmed up for if I would need him later in the tourney. (which I didn't)

Olimar is my main. I don't even know how to play MK. I just throw out attacks that seem to work.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Shoutouts, let's see...

Pops- You really should main Metaknight. I didn't play you in the tournament (doubles doesn't count), but all the friendlies we had shows me that you are amazing with Metaknight.

DanGR- What can I say? I didn't play you this tournament. I watched some of your matches and you dominated with Olimar.

Munkus- I only got to play you once in a doubles friendly. Sadly, Kira (who isn't my doubles partner) died off quickly. I saw your match with nice1 at norfair, and I've got to say, uair juggling while he was in the box thing was amazing.

Moogle- Wow, man. Why is Fox not high tier again?

Shock- I saw you winning against Spade with Kirby. Any Kirby that can do well against Ben's Marth must be good. Doubles was really great too; it's ashame tNado accidentally killed himself in the last match.

Kira- For a guy that doesn't shield, I was in awe at how well you avoided getting hit. You've got amazing spacing.

Spade- Congrats on getting third in low tier tourney! We got so close to third in doubles! Oh, and we can change our team name to tipper jolt if that's what you really want.

lng:D- You probably would have beaten me with Diddy if not for your controller. I also wouldn't feel bad about the Link match, I lost to him too. You've got a great strategy. That barrel cancelling was sexy.

Majist- Only got to play you in doubles. I saw some of your singles matches though. Hopefully at the next tourney we'll get to play one another.

Nice1- Your Falco gives me fits. Now that I think about it, most Falcos give me fits XD

T1J- I never got to play you. I saw you in a lot of matches though. I also heard you were owning in doubles.

Kalm- I HATE LUIGI'S MANSION!!! In all seriousness, good matches =)

Cheap Peach- I didn't notice you were at the tournament until you and Spade started playing Melee. That was a really amazing edge game you played against Samus.

Who?- Our doubles matches were so close. I remember Spade saying "What? I had one life?" All I could think about was qac and hope they kill each other. Oh, and I call luck on that last falcon combo you got on me in singles. All in all, you have got serious skills.

3god- Love the Wario. It's good to know there's someone else in the state besides Reflex who mains him.

BOMB- There are good Link players??? I can't believe you killed me with dair three times in one match T.T

Brndn- Epic comeback with Bowser.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Nice1 - Where is your curly Moustache? Those were some fun games we had. Stupid No-fair gimping me at 0%! It was cool hanging out with you and I had fun in the matches we played (we need to play somewhere besides FD or No-Fair, though!)
DanGR - Nice to see you kicked some *** with Olimar! I was worried you'd be busting out the MK, but you stayed true to your heart. Always nice to see variety on the placings, not enough Olimars in Alabama.
Moogle - Your new name is Bandit cause dang son, you made out like one. Grats on winning a billion dollars! 1st place for life. Your fox is top tier, and I think we're just getting better in teams. In doubles, I thought you were gonna shout "HELP HELP I'M BEING OPPRESSED!" while being chain-grabbed by Nice1.
Pikacam - I saw you play. Didn't play you in singles, but I saw you play. ****, you have an amazing pikachu. I was telling Majist and Moogle "Oh snap son, this guy's got a crazy pikachu, watch out!" Definitely the biggest surprise of the tourney for me.
Majist - Glad to hear you had a good time! I am happy that you're feeling better about brawl tournies. This one was fun, Burn Notice is awesome.
T1J - Great tourney dude. Next time we need more TVs! I think the low-tier tourney was a great idea, but we got slowed down by the lack of TVs and jazz. I think pools went a lot smoother too, brackets seemed to just fly by. You're definately getting better, I was surprise to hear that you didn't place top 3 after taking out Nice1.
3GOD - We didn't get to play! I am sorry. We need to play friendlies at one point.

People in my pool: Sorry if I acted like an ***, I was trying to get things moving along so that the brackets would not be held up by our pool.

My Health - Why the heck can you not last for one whole tourney? Honestly! HONESTLY!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Pops, about MK. I used him 3 times in pools- all matches I would have won with Olimar anyways. I used him once against Spade, (again, I most likely would have won with Oli) once against you, (I usually win v you) and twice against Who? (I lost those two). that's 7 times using MK.

Wanna know how many times I used Olimar? Let's see. I used him 9 times in pools, won all of them. Then I used him once against Spade. I won. I used him once against Who? and lost, so I switched to MK, but I still lost. In loser's, I played nice1 three times with Olimar. I won 2/3. I continued to 2-0 T1J with Oli. Then I used MK against Who? in loser's finals. I lost that match. I switched to Oli the next 4 matches and won 3/4. Sooooo... that's 20 matches with Oli versus only 7 with MK. That's barely a 4th of them matches I used MK. That's not even factoring in the fact that I used MK in pools just to get warmed up for if I would need him later in the tourney. (which I didn't)

Olimar is my main. I don't even know how to play MK. I just throw out attacks that seem to work.
I think 7:20 is enough MK for him to be listed. Maybe it's not. I only brought it up because you made an exclusive list of times you used him in brackets, and forgot to include against me. I only brought it up harshly because you did so without "i think" or any other articles of uncertainty.
Speculation about whether you could have beat me without using MK is speculation. I'd like to speculate that i could have won any of the matches i won in that tournament using Zelda, but i lack any evidence at all.
The fact that MK can be played effectively by randomly throwing attacks out also doesn't affect how many times you used him.

T1J, can you ban Luigi's Mansion next time? Everyone hates it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alex, what's your point? It seems like you're arguing just to be right. I really don't care all that much. If T1J wants to list me as using MK, then fine. Just note that I only won one serious match with him, (the match against you).

Also, "because everyone hates it" isn't a good reason to ban something. That's a scrubbish mentality.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I meant "everyone hates it" the way i mean "everyone hates items". I think a large group of people believe it's overly favorable to a specific group of characters.

nice1

Smash Lord
and for my shouts

DanGR: i will get my revenge on that olimar lmao. it was mad cool hanging with you. you ***** me in friendlies then i feel short on singles. whenever i see your olimar go in the air and start throwing pikman i can't help but think of a terrorist thinking bombs in the middle of no where screaming in Arabic LMAO. GFG

Moogle: it was cool seeing u again and hanging out with you. tell your sis thanx for the ride and congrats on winning

Munkus: u took me out in low tier then i took u out n reg singles. funny thing is it was both losers bracket. it was mad chill getting to actually know u. our matches were too fun and i hate nofair so much. People can't complain about u taking kalm to mansion. u did exactly wat u had to do..... u played to win. we will get more friendlies in in the future, and i hope you're feeling better

shaSLAM: everytime i wanted to play it there was a pool match going lol. i missed your match against 3GOD. i wanted to watch it and record it. u should have called me over there.

Ref: good seeing u again man. THANX so much for recording my matches i really to appreciate it. hope to see u at more tourneys.

Majist: u are too funny and nice bike i had a lot of fun hanging with u that pizza was top tier.

Kira: good marth i never seen a marth of your playing style but u did make it outta pools and got me down to one stock. now add shielding to your game and u will be awsome.

Cheap Peach: good matches in both brackets. we weren't able to run the clockout in reg. brawl lol.

Pika Cam: keep up the good work cuz that pika is BALLIN.

People in my pool: Yall need to make sure there isn't a 3-way tie next time in a tourney LMAO. Nah i'm just kidding all you guys were kool as hell and i'm glad i met u guys. keep up the good work.

Nice1: o wait thats me :D u finally did something M2K does for a living, you went 12-0 in pools congrats but u didn't take home money in singles, U FVCKING SUCK.

T1J: it was fun as fvck teaming with u even tho we were killing each other lol. sorry i blew it on no fair we'll get them next time. Good **** in singles. i will get u back next time. i'ma try and make it to more tournies in the future.

Anomaly: you have a good snake keep up the good work. u will be beasting soon.

AL PR: I'm proud of you guys. you're growing up so fast :'( lol but i can't wait to see you all again.

O yea was there a D3 at the tourney? i didn't see any.

NEXT STOP FINAL ROUND.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I meant "everyone hates it" the way i mean "everyone hates items". I think a large group of people believe it's overly favorable to a specific group of characters.
Rainbow Cruise is the same way. I personally wouldn't ban Luigi's Mansion or Rainbow Cruise. I would, however, ban Pictochat and Pirate Ship.

nice1

Smash Lord
o and to kill all this bs over who used who. message the T1J and tell him who u mostly used and hopefully he'll be kind enough to put it next to ya name.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I really enjoyed my first tourny with you guys, I experienced so many new things at once there were times when it was hard to take in. I can't wait for the next one, great job T1J.

I used Sonic in the low tier, I should've gotten a lot furthur with him /sadface.
I used DK through singles brackets, and every pool match save for the one VS Diddy, where I used Kirby and Lucario. I was happy to make it out of pools in my first tourny, even more so that I was second in my pool with so many good people in it. (I think I was second, hope I'm not wrong.) I hope I was able to impress somewhat with my DK, but I'm sure it'll take more than this to get any kind of tip of the hat.

Shouts:
@Moogle- Our matches were like the best I've ever had, in the end I was just wanting more, and I was sure I had no chance of beating you unless I picked DK. It was great fighting so close on each round, I hope we have a similar experience next time. You truly are an amazing character and have the most of my respect.
@Nu- I loved every match I had against you, including the friendlies. Your Lucas is well deserving of praise. I look very forward to seeing you again.
@Majist- Was great to see you, sadly that's all it was. =( Needs moar friendlies.
@Dabomb and BrownScourge- I don't know if you guys will even read this, but you both have a lot of my respect. You're awesome players and I couldn't take my eyes away from your matches.
@Who?- Awesome Snake, you deserved your placing. You're another one I looked forward to playing.
@ING :D- The matchup vs your Diddy was probably my second most favorite, I love playing Diddy so much. The first match was just oopsies on your part, you could've easily won without the SD, at least I think you SD'ed. If I play you again I'll try out my DK maybe, since I was actually scared to use him against Diddy. xD
@Remeii- I wish I could've played you more. I wish I didn't **** myself against you our low tier match. I wish I had a pony. You seem like a really cool guy.
@Ref and SlAm- I enjoyed the ride with you guys, and I appreciated the ride with you guys. I was really rooting for you to make it out of pools, and I felt a lot less nervous with your support, thanks from the bottom of my heart. I hope I wasn't too annoying in the car. xD

There were so many people I didn't get to interact with or even play with. I got a chance to friendly DanGR's Olimar, but let him **** my not so amazing Kirby because I wanted to keep the DK match fresh in case we ended up in pools or brackets together. Until Next time! All of you absent better be there next time, =D.
The 6 hours of sleep since Thursday finally got up to me at the end of that tourny, examples of when I talked to Dabomb about how awesome some guy's Link was, and thinking he was joking when he told me that was him. Man I felt like a complete ******. The other time was when I looked over a TV it took me 10 seconds to focus and determine that somebody was not playing Dr. Mario in brawl, they were instead playing a blue Fox.
I love you guys, I love you tenderly.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Rainbow Cruise is the same way. I personally wouldn't ban Luigi's Mansion or Rainbow Cruise. I would, however, ban Pictochat and Pirate Ship.
Why, specifically? If it's because of random hazards, i probably agree actually, but you'd need to add Halberd to the list. Yes, the laser gives advanced warning but the player it targets i still at a tactical disadvantage. and the claw is totally random.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Why, specifically? If it's because of random hazards, i probably agree actually, but you'd need to add Halberd to the list. Yes, the laser gives advanced warning but the player it targets i still at a tactical disadvantage. and the claw is totally random.
Pictochat for random hazards. Pirate Ship for the stupid bombs. And no, I wouldn't mind banning Halberd, although it's not nearly as bad as the other two.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Pictochat is pretty dumb, Pirate Ship is only good in my book because it helps people with a lousy recovery like Ike and Link. Halberd is cool with me, I actually like it when the laser targets me, especially if I've got a good lead and can kamikazee with it. I'm not so sure about Luigi's Mansion though, all I've seen on it is how cheap DK can be on, and how even more cheap MK can be. I'm going to look into it but I doubt that I'll find anything to make me dislike it less.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
What about the claw Kalm? The claw doesn't always do something every match, so i think it kind of gets rolled over and ignored. Plus most people tolerate random variables more than me anyways i guess.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I actually tend to counterpick to Norfair and Rainbow cruise!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
shaSLAMouts

@kalm and ref and that kid who never logs on: yall my PEEPS!
@nice1 for always wanting to do friendlies and being frienly lol and being bomb.
@t1j for going undefeated and good matches in pools
@who? for starting up that big crowd around nice1 and munkus in low tier and saying "ROCK SMASH!" a bunch
@3GOD for dittos. lol ima put that on every tourney shoutout
@majist for being cool?
@ my pool for kicking my ***
@munkus for pressing b.
@ everyone who i didnt get to play. i really wanted to. like danGR and pikacam and the lot of you.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Okay I do actually hate that claw, it's completely unpredictable. I wouldn't really argue a ban on Halberd, but it feels like we're stage starved enough as it is. Maybe it's just me.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Understandable. I'd personally rather stage starve than suffer the claw.

As for being stage starved.... the SBR always insists that everything is okay until proven bad. (except we all hate time matches so we totally skipped any consideration of time as an option. Oh, and everyone hates team attack off. Guess we're all scrubs DanGR.) If that's the case, when or why did they ban the three sample stages that come with the console? They were never even discussed. If someone deleted them when they came on the wii they could be recreated. I mean, they gave crap like 75m due process before they kicked it. Just a random thought.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Suffer the claw? It's extremely predictable when it comes out and barely does any damage. It doesn't detract from gameplay.

The custom stages that came with the console are all terrible and not even worth due process.

Man pops why you starting these silly arguments.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I personally think Luigi's Mansion is unfit for tournament play, but I am trying very hard to not let my personal beliefs make me a black sheep among tournament directors in this region. Maybe, just maybe one day more out of staters will consider coming to AL tournaments, and I dont want to be "the guy with the wacky ruleset"

but "everyone hates it" and "it's only favorable for a few characters" are both bad reasons to ban a stage.
Every counter pick stage is only favorable for a few characters, that's why they're counter picks.
Items aren't banned because everyone hates them (and I honestly believe that less people "hate" items than you think, I think items are mad fun. esp. in brawl [team attack off is also mad fun]), they're banned because they aren't suitable for competitive tournaments.

I think I'm going to leave Pirate Ship on for now and see how that works. I've always thought pictochat was fine. the only hazards are the fire which does 1 percent of damage, the rockets that move at .5 miles per hour, and the huge flower that sits in the middle of the screen and doesn't move. the arrows are probably the only real cause for concern, but in the months playing this game, I've seen someone die fromt the hazards (in a situation where they wouldn't have otherwise died) maybe twice on pictochat since the game came out

there'd be too much work that goes into making sure the custom stages haven't been altered, for the tournament to be fair they'd have to be the exact same on every console, and it would be a pain in the *** to try and recreate them on the wiis they'd be deleted on.

beyond that, though they're really dumb stages.
they all have aspects of them which auto-bans them like walls, and circular structures that lend themselves to stalling.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ danGR, i've never been to a tournament with 30 or more people where pools didn't take forever...i will do my best though

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Another great tourney that I've been too. Usually make it out of pools, but not with the people of this level. I shall train hard and be sure to make it out of pools next time.

@T1J- good job with the tourney organizing, I've hosted a tourney myself and realize that it takes ALOT of organizing to make it a good tourney, if Nice1 hadn't shown up it would've flopped big time. Learned some new tourney organizing techniques which I will hopefully use sometime soon in the future. Didn't get to face you but watched and recorded quite a few and you are crazy good with Snake.
@Nice1- hells yeah man it was great hanging with you and I didn't mind recording your matches, I'll probably bring my own camera to record matches next time. I'll definitely get better so that it's now a complete **** in our matches next time. :)
@Kalm- you are the **** man. Extremely fun to hang around with and really great player considering that was your first tourney, I mean I've been to 3 already and still suck when compared to you. That crazy Donkey Kong punch win against Munkus on Luigi's Mansion was the greatest thing I've ever seen.
@sLAm and Skiz- great hanging with you guys and thanks for letting me ride with ya'll up there. Hope to play ya'll soon cause we live so close by. Great Wario sLAm and Skiz I don't ever think I got to play you one on one and I wanted to cause we use the same characters. Wanted to Luigi or Yoshi ditto you. Hopefully next time.
@Munkus- you seem like a cool guy. Your low tier match against Nice1 was hilarious and was one of the highlights of my experience there. Great match in the low tier losers bracket.
@Shock- you had a great Kirby and our matches were really fun.
@Kira- I didn't completely agree with losing to you cause you neglected defence but you did have great spacing and it was my fault for running into your f-smash the entire set. And just so you know that chain grab wasn't even supposed to happen, even I didn't think it was gonna work but I tried it anyway and you just sorta let it happen. If you learn how to utilize the shield and counter and simply up b out of those chain grabs you will be much greater.
@The Brown Scourge- doubt you will read this but you were great in our low tier match and I give you props for maining Bowser.
@DaBomb- doubt you will read this too, but great Link! Really wanted to play you with Samus and see how that worked out.
@Jeff- great Yoshi! Those Yoshi dittos were extremely fun, I'm surprised I beat you in the first match.
@Anomaly- you have great close range skills man you just need to start using projectiles, I mean you used Snake and Pikachu, who have some of the best projectiles in the game. If you utilize them you will be much better.
@Reimeii- sorry you had to leave man, was looking forward to losing to you in our pool :p

And to everyone else who is from the forum it was great to finally see ya'll in person. Hope to play some more of you one day.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Pools always take a long while, but that's kinda the point. You want people to play everyone in their pools.

Outs went slower than it could have because we had a low number of TVs which meant a couple of people were still trying to finish their low-tier matches.

A good idea is to appoint someone to be 'in charge' of their pool so that they facilitate the process and get games moving along.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Here we go again.....

-T1J: Fantastic tournament as always man. I'm glad i actually got to play you a decent amount this time. That Rainbow Cruise match was EPIC and I'm just as confused as you are as to why I didn't win, lol. It'd be nice if we could have all the TV's on recordings, cuz every match i played was simply amazing and intense. I'm sure many others had some great matches they'd love to recall, too. I should have entered LT when i had the chance. Do it again, man. My Mario will wreak havoc on the world :3

btw, i used Ike/Marth in Singles and Doubles.

-DanGR: I'll play you one day! And lose! And I'm pretty sure you should stick with Jigglypuff for LT. You beasted with her.

-nu/Wine: IHATEYOURROBOMG stop killing yourself :p

-Nice1: It was cool chillin with you man. Sadly, I didn't ever face you, but your Falco looked quite scary. I really want some pizza now.......

-Munkus: It's always a pleasure man. Get to feeling better.

-Moogle: Thank you for wrecking me like you always do:grin: Tell your sister Katie thanks for rescuing us!

-Pops: Dude, we did really good in Teams!! I think Ike/Zelda is a great combination. We need to do it again.

-shaSLAM: Your Wario has improved immensely since I last saw you play. Keep it up, man.

-DaBOMB: You have the best Link I've ever seen. Very nice. Good seeing you again.

-Kalm: Yay for online....? I wish I could have gotten in some friendly Ike dittos with you or something. Glad you made it up here though. Come back!!

3GOD: Those matches we had were the most intense I've ever experienced. Good to see you again.

I think I'm going to stick to my strategy of never playing Brawl ever and improving my skills. Thank you all.

EDIT: @Nice1: The only D3 i saw was shaSLAM's in pools against me. So, yes. there was one:)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess that's what happens when we do low tier, doubles, and singles. :/ Regardless, it was a good tourney.

Top Bottom