• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

PG-13

Smash Cadet
Never really liked taunt parties. One time though my friend successfully crashed one.
WiFi hacks on taunt parties... Never thought of that... I gotta try that.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
The spectators aka pacifists depending on there actions are usually aware of who they think is going to be the person that betrays the group in SD.

:phone:

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Don't take my word for it but I am a very skilled player and i do the same thing as to keep attention away from me. If someone attacks ill usually just push them back. I guess you could be a taunter/spectator/fighter at the same time since im kinda in that boat depending on the mood i'm in ill fight, taunt or whichever I feel like doing.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Protip

If a crasher waits until the last few seconds to kill you all with a Final Smash/some gayness, shrug it off and continue taunting; proceed to **** *** in the next match.

If he leaves, no shame since you weren't doing anything.
If he stays, boom headshot

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I don't usually take anything personally unless they REALLY annoy me, and that's not easy to do. :p

Also, I don't get involved in teaming anymore, I just think it's so wrong. Unless the person starts attacking me, then yes, I will fight back. But I won't follow that person everywhere like the other 2 taunt partiers, cuz it's just not fair. Sometimes the crasher's actually team up with me. :p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If he leaves, no shame since you weren't doing anything.
If he stays, boom headshot
This quote. Too good.

/thread

Really too fun to think of how steamed they can be if you happen to leave.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That anger would show how that player is. If you get angry too easily it is pretty much setting yourself up for failure. All you'll be thinking about is only KOing the opponent and that only happens mainly if they make mistakes but if they're playing smart it becomes more difficult. That is why you have to stay calm and focused even if your losing because it is possible to turn things around. Usually that is tough on BB because of the 2 minute limit. If your getting anger your probably better off leaving.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
That anger would show how that player is. If you get angry too easily it is pretty much setting yourself up for failure. All you'll be thinking about is only KOing the opponent and that only happens mainly if they make mistakes but if they're playing smart it becomes more difficult. That is why you have to stay calm and focused even if your losing because it is possible to turn things around. Usually that is tough on BB because of the 2 minute limit. If your getting anger your probably better off leaving.

Or calm yourself and wait for the next match.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Lol I can't see post counts through my phone. XD In a way it isn't all bad only if your allowing your anger ruin your focus and that makes it more easier for them to beat you.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
It's almost like you guys are slowly leading up to the conclusion I've already made. ;p

If a hidden crasher rocks everyone up by surprise, evaluate the amount of time you have left. Unless you have like 1:40 left on the clock, don't even bother trying to regain the lead, and proceed to run away for the rest of the match and continue taunting when possible. If you really want to, toss an annoying as hell projectile around just to needle him or her. Loop Pit Arrows all over the place, use Snake's Nikita or Grenade Stripping techniques, etc. Keep yourself occupied and just do your best to avoid/annoy the sudden crasher.

When the match ends, one of two things will happen.

The first one is that the crasher will leave, feeling satisfied. This conclusion is, tbh, fine, because you were not outskilled in any way shape or form, AND you had a good enough time being a pain in the ***. Hopefully, you had some good fun, and there's no shame or hard feelings in losing a battle you never even fought. From here, just continue to arrange your parties according to the normal agenda.

The other conclusion is, obviously, the crasher staying in the room. If this happens, go wild and proceed to **** the living **** out of him with your 3v1 strategies, generous 2 minutes of murder time, and most importantly, the evened out scores.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
That is the ideal response from a taunt partier. I was just saying that most I've seen will instead get flustered and try to regain the kills, and the crasher will get what he wants: a reaction, even if it isn't from everyone in the group.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
*comes back from hiatus*

That's pretty important for Taunt Parties. Just keep your cool. Having fun is all that matters really.
Going berserk isn't really going to solve much other than create some misunderstandings half the time.
If the crasher trolls, I troll too pretty much.

Poking crashers with needles at awkward angles as Shiek is actually pretty enjoyable.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, that's their loss, and your gain, then.

If another partyist goes berserk and desperately tries to get kills back after the time has fallen too late, then they're the ones getting trolled, not you. And also, if you keep in mind a crasher will generally leave after he's "beaten" someone, that actually helps to free up room for more partyists.

Sure, the person who was fighting will feel like **** after the experience, but that's his fault for doing it wrong, and hopefully, he'll learn from it.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
That is the ideal response from a taunt partier. I was just saying that most I've seen will instead get flustered and try to regain the kills, and the crasher will get what he wants: a reaction, even if it isn't from everyone in the group.
Well this is the taunt party thread.

All who tried to go berserk get stopped by me because it's just sad to see a person do that and a crasher wants a reaction from all of the group not just one he doesn't get pleasure from just getting one person angry.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
It's almost like you guys are slowly leading up to the conclusion I've already made. ;p

If a hidden crasher rocks everyone up by surprise, evaluate the amount of time you have left. Unless you have like 1:40 left on the clock, don't even bother trying to regain the lead, and proceed to run away for the rest of the match and continue taunting when possible. If you really want to, toss an annoying as hell projectile around just to needle him or her. Loop Pit Arrows all over the place, use Snake's Nikita or Grenade Stripping techniques, etc. Keep yourself occupied and just do your best to avoid/annoy the sudden crasher.

When the match ends, one of two things will happen.

The first one is that the crasher will leave, feeling satisfied. This conclusion is, tbh, fine, because you were not outskilled in any way shape or form, AND you had a good enough time being a pain in the ***. Hopefully, you had some good fun, and there's no shame or hard feelings in losing a battle you never even fought. From here, just continue to arrange your parties according to the normal agenda.

The other conclusion is, obviously, the crasher staying in the room. If this happens, go wild and proceed to **** the living **** out of him with your 3v1 strategies, generous 2 minutes of murder time, and most importantly, the evened out scores.
If I notice any sort of crashing, you can bet, I'll **** them, no questions asked. Like just last night I was in a taunt party with 2 snakes and a Peach. I went afk for awhile(I was still there) and one of the Snakes decided it was ok to f-air me. I started moving and he immediatly ran away and tried avoiding me, not even apologizing so I taught him a lesson with my own Snake and I know he got the message cuz then he went afk...

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Well this is the taunt party thread.

All who tried to go berserk get stopped by me because it's just sad to see a person do that and a crasher wants a reaction from all of the group not just one he doesn't get pleasure from just getting one person angry.

I meant shrugging it off is the ideal response from a taunt partier, not John12346's post. lol

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Why shrug it off when if you feel you have a good chance at getting revenge on the crasher. Not letting your anger get the best of you is important but who says that has to stop you from getting revenge?

If the crasher tries to kill you at the last second with a final smash find a way to dodge and embarrass him and hell end up leaving anyway for the humiliation since he didnt accomplish what he planned on doing.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Why shrug it off when if you feel you have a good chance at getting revenge on the crasher. Not letting your anger get the best of you is important but who says that has to stop you from getting revenge?

If the crasher tries to kill you at the last second with a final smash find a way to dodge and embarrass him and hell end up leaving anyway for the humiliation since he didnt accomplish what he planned on doing.
If a crasher in disguise turns on the party when they are most vulnerable and there are only 30 seconds left, it's highly unlikely that you'll get the kills back, and if you try to chase him around (especially on a stage like temple) you'll just end up making a fool of yourself 9 times out of 10. These types of crashers aren't out to prove their superiority over the group, they are just trolling for a reaction.

And besides that I don't take BB seriously at all. I couldn't care less about revenge if I get ko'ed. It doesn't mean anything if you win an item-filled anonymous 4-way 2-minute lagtastic ffa. If I want to play some serious matches I'll go to fsmash, or... *shudder shudder*... team battle.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
If a crasher in disguise turns on the party when they are most vulnerable and there are only 30 seconds left, it's highly unlikely that you'll get the kills back, and if you try to chase him around (especially on a stage like temple) you'll just end up making a fool of yourself 9 times out of 10. These types of crashers aren't out to prove their superiority over the group, they are just trolling for a reaction.

And besides that I don't take BB seriously at all. I couldn't care less about revenge if I get ko'ed. It doesn't mean anything if you win an item-filled anonymous 4-way 2-minute lagtastic ffa. If I want to play some serious matches I'll go to fsmash, or... *shudder shudder*... team battle.
Or just go to a local tournament. You'll be sure to have fun and prove yourself there. Aside from that, if someones gonna turn on the group, they'll need more than 30 secs to KO me. Also if they wanna even phase me, they have to be equal to or better than me in the first place. Theres no point in turning on someone that can KO in under 10 seconds.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Or just go to a local tournament. You'll be sure to have fun and prove yourself there. Aside from that, if someones gonna turn on the group, they'll need more than 30 secs to KO me. Also if they wanna even phase me, they have to be equal to or better than me in the first place. Theres no point in turning on someone that can KO in under 10 seconds.
Really if you know how to DI then it should take about a minute, depending on the character weight, to KO you.

Finny

Smash Apprentice
Obv. tourneys are the way to go, but one can't go to a tourney at any given moment (and I don't have the means to attend one anyway :(), so fsmash is currently the best option for me.

And I'm talking about final smash/dragoon/etc. betrayals, not just standard KOs.

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice

Well you have a point but whats stopping you from picking up the dragoon pieces, or getting the smash ball for yourself? And if the troll tries to attack you for them kill him. Im no pushover. I know you mean not just standard KO's but anything can be avoided with the right setup.

Im ok with BB especially when I manage to get a 1v1.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Obv. tourneys are the way to go, but one can't go to a tourney at any given moment (and I don't have the means to attend one anyway :(), so fsmash is currently the best option for me.

And I'm talking about final smash/dragoon/etc. betrayals, not just standard KOs.
Then the simplest thing would be to get the smashball or a dragoon part (so he can't complete it)before he does, if your sensing a betrayal and the 2 other players are on your side, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Especially on temple.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
We had another crasher... but I half doubt it was a crasher who knows about the Taunt Party phenomenon since he kind of sucks at Fox, SDing all the time... but eventually, we just all went afk and did really little to stop him and he left.

I guess we bored him to death until he left...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Just hate it wen a group goes afk. Especially wen its a taunt party and they think its safe enough until some ****head MK comes in and starts racking up the KOs.

Top Bottom