• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I just had a bunch of fun taunt parties today. It started with a Captain Falcon and then eventually a Lucas came along and I was trying to chain grab a Samus. I was white Ice Climbers. :D So then After beating up Samus for a while she became a taunt partiest. Then I think the Samus turned into a Zelda. Then a Toon Link came along and a party crasher that used meta knight tried beating them with neutral A only. lol

Nik21

Smash Cadet
i think i agree about not going to hyrule every time after a TP has been established. I have found that stages like Pirate Ship, Bridge of Eldin, Shadow Moses Island, Icicle Mountain, New Pork City are really fun for TP's.
Another thing that can make TP's much more fun is making a creative item assortment. Put all bumpers or smart bombs in its gives the TP more life.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Yeah haha... one time for about 2 or 3 hours, me and a few taunters were playing with smart bombing constantly blowing each other up... It was so fun lol.

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I totally destroyed a taunt party that had a Lucas, MK and a Zelda. XD They all sucked badly. They kept throwing bombs and bumpers at each other, they had horrible attack timing (There was no lag 95% of the fight) and they were just a huge fail. XD Worst Taunt Party ever.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Why have Taunt Partyists been choosing Final Destination lately? I know that Hyrule Temple was overused, but getting Final Destination nearly 15 times in a row with 4 Partyists is rediculous, and no matter how many times I go to a different room, the Partyists are choosing Final Destination.

I was driven insane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3SAK23Bj74

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Maybe its because theres nowhere to run for crashers like.

I did a fun thing today. I was fighting this taunt party I won some, lost some. 2 of the partyists left and left one. 2 more partyist joined and I taunted with them. Then the partyist from the previous match started beating me up and they defended me. I turned the other partyist against him/her. Than it was on and off and the other 2 were shakey to trust them. Than After a while, things cooled down, than one of the new partyist tried to start some crap and smashed me, than I comboed him out of the ring into a K.O, than the old partyist and other new one turned against me. Than I dodged for the rest of the match and left after it. It was kinda fun while it lasted. Mainly because I doubt that old partyist ever saw anything like that.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
maybe its because theres nowhere to run for crashers like.

I did a fun thing today. I was fighting this taunt party i won some, lost some. 2 of the partyists left and left one. 2 more partyist joined and i taunted with them. Then the partyist from the previous match started beating me up and they defended me. I turned the other partyist against him/her. Than it was on and off and the other 2 were shakey to trust them. Than after a while, things cooled down, than one of the new partyist tried to start some crap and smashed me, than i comboed him out of the ring into a k.o, than the old partyist and other new one turned against me. Than i dodged for the rest of the match and left after it. It was kinda fun while it lasted. Mainly because i doubt that old partyist ever saw anything like that.
i hate you so much

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman

I did a fun thing today. I was fighting this taunt party I won some, lost some. 2 of the partyists left and left one. 2 more partyist joined and I taunted with them. Then the partyist from the previous match started beating me up and they defended me. I turned the other partyist against him/her. Than it was on and off and the other 2 were shakey to trust them. Than After a while, things cooled down, than one of the new partyist tried to start some crap and smashed me, than I comboed him out of the ring into a K.O, than the old partyist and other new one turned against me. Than I dodged for the rest of the match and left after it. It was kinda fun while it lasted. Mainly because I doubt that old partyist ever saw anything like that.
Betrayal at its finest. It's fun to steal taunt parties. XD

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Picture this. You and two of your friends are having fun, when a big mobster guy comes and scares off your friends. Then he gets 2 other guys to beat you to a pulp. Sound fun?

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
Picture this. You and two of your friends are having fun, when a big mobster guy comes and scares off your friends. Then he gets 2 other guys to beat you to a pulp. Sound fun?
Picture this. You're going to a place where you want to have fun in some friendly battles. Then 3 bullies gang up on you and kick the living strawberry out of you. Sound fun?

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Picture this. You're going to a place where you want to have fun in some friendly battles. Then 3 bullies gang up on you and kick the living strawberry out of you. Sound fun?
It's because of situations like this that we need the ability to speak with other players...that way we would be able to actually set-up matches or something when seeing other players. :(

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
It's because of situations like this that we need the ability to speak with other players...that way we would be able to actually set-up matches or something when seeing other players. :(
But sadly SAKURAIIII!!! decided not to. Which is why mic chats would be pretty cool online. Even though you will find that random player cussing at you every 3 seconds cause you keep beating him up, or that annoying player that yells out at the top of his lungs "FAALLCOONN PUUUUUUUNCH!!!!". Although I find this to be quite hilarious. XD

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
@ 1LP- What I tend to do when Temple/FD/Bridge of Eldin keeps getting picked is switch to an annoying character, go somewhere on the stage where I won't hit anyone, and just use an annoying sounding move(think: MK's Jab) in place for the entire match.

It's the only way I can relay that I'm annoyed to the other partyists.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
With my experience Taunt parties are another bad thing about basic brawl and why I dont use it. But I've had less lag with basic brawl then regular friend matches SOMETIMES. I dont basic brawl much tho anymore and looooool taunt parties.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar

Wow... pure win my friend. Way to give him a taste of his own medicine. That was just... pure win, totally!
But sadly SAKURAIIII!!! decided not to. Which is why mic chats would be pretty cool online. Even though you will find that random player cussing at you every 3 seconds cause you keep beating him up, or that annoying player that yells out at the top of his lungs "FAALLCOONN PUUUUUUUNCH!!!!". Although I find this to be quite hilarious. XD
I'd be guilty for being one of those people...
FALCON KYIIICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juri

Smash Cadet
This is the greatest thing ever, I haven't really played with randoms on wifi and havent really played Brawl wifi much at all period but, after reading this thread I decided to.

All 3 games I played and were doing taunts and stuff, everyone knew it was a taunt party and each game was a taunt party, freaking great. XD

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
This is the greatest thing ever, I haven't really played with randoms on wifi and havent really played Brawl wifi much at all period but, after reading this thread I decided to.

All 3 games I played and were doing taunts and stuff, everyone knew it was a taunt party and each game was a taunt party, freaking great. XD
Wait... so did you join or did you crash them?? XD

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Today I had an epic Sonic taunt party while trying to get rid of a crasher. When you're not the one receiving, it's fun to constantly go 'COME ON! STEP IT UP!' or 'YOU'RE TOO SLOW!' to those crashers who are epic failing.

But noobs aren't fun. Seriously. I had a Lucas noob who tried to 'crash' (he probably didn't know what we were doing, though) our party, and the whole time he was using PK Fire. Surprisingly, it was one of the few major noobs I've seen. ._.

Oh, and I helped crash a Taunt Party before. We were fighting a crasher (when I was still with the Partyists), and eventually I got bored so I started attacking everyone. I felt guilty when one of the Partyists left, so I got off too.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
As much as Partyists tend to bash Crashers, I'm sure we all actually appreciate challenges from tough Crashers, right Partyists?

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
As much as Partyists tend to bash Crashers, I'm sure we all actually appreciate challenges from tough Crashers, right Partyists?
Sometimes I refuse to attack a crasher, they get a bit confused. Usually I'll remain neutral -unless the crasher is persistent- and rarely team up with the crasher, lulzy!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
To be honest, back in the day when a crasher won in the same room as me, they would usually always quit immediately after.

I can only assume it would be to make people rage or something

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, back in the day when a crasher won in the same room as me, they would usually always quit immediately after.

Yeah I remember those days people in the taunt party would attack their friends it was funny for me though.

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman

LMAO Ohh GAWD. XD I don't think a taunt party would rage though. I think they just would be happy the crasher is gone. XD

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
You would think that. Some taunt partyists just lose all their spirit.
I could not have said that better myself, and of course, I have some tips to help remedy the situation.

First off, you have to remember that, no matter how many times you defeat a crasher(s), all they need is one win in order to leave and feel like they won. In other words, if you do get negatively affected by such a thing, you absolutely must win every match. Keeping this in mind, you should try these handy-dandy tips.

One: Stay separated!
I cannot stress this one enough; when a partyist is confronting a crasher, you HAVE to give them room. Do not attempt to double team with him, and do not jump in there like an idiot. At most, stand two Bowser distances away from the conflict so you can bounce the crasher back to your fellow partyist. When more than one partyist jumps a crasher, all players are exposed to serious unnecessary damage, and you have to remember that it makes it much easier for the crasher to KO you.

In a 3v1 situation, allow ONE partyist to confront the crasher, and make the other two stand off to the side. If the partyist gets knocked a small or moderate distance, DO NOT jump in the fray; the initial partyist is going to be back in a matter of seconds, and more than likely, one or more partyist will get nailed in the face. If the crasher decides to roll away from the conflict at this moment, it usually means a free smash of his choice while the partyists are recovering from the attacks.

That said, if the partyist gets knocked an extremely large distance away, then take over for him or her.

In a 2v2 situation, just separate the match into two 1v1s, and KEEP IT LIKE THAT. Do not try to help your partner out in any way, shape, or form. If you get knocked toward the other 1v1, just get out of there as fast as you can; do not attempt to enter that battle. If the other crasher leaves the other partyist and tries to join your conflict, just get out of there as fast as you can and join the other partyist, who is now alone.

What people don't understand is that, if a partyist joins an already existing conflict, the partyist already in the conflict has to STOP ATTACKING, because they risk hitting you, and it actually usually leads to the crasher landing a free whatever on that partyist.

So stay away from each other. It's the best you can do.

Two: Double KOs!
People are already aware of the, "If you KO someone, let them KO you," addendum of taunt partying, but this can be used in an extremely useful fashion. If you and another partyist are alone, and you both have high damage, KO him or make him KO you somehow(just use the first hit of your jab), then let your fellow partyist KO you, or get KO'd by you(whichever is the opposite of the first action). Viola! The KO counts have not changed, and your damage meters are back to zero.

Three: KO Charity
This is an extremely effective way to ensure a partyist's victory, but it's kinda hard to relay what you're doing. If you've been playing passively throughout the entire match, you can perform this technique. Simply put, get hit by stray attacks from your fellow partyists(Ray Gun shots, Final Smashes, etc etc etc), and kill yourself. The KO will be awarded to the last person who hit you; in other words, your fellow partyist. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Four: Buckets and Magnets!
If you use Ness, Lucas, or GaW, get someone to feed your magnet/bucket. Just stand all the way at the edge of the stage and hold out your magnet/bucket, to relay to everyone else that you need someone to fill you up. Everyone who's ever played Smash knows what magnet and bucket do, so a partyist WILL come and help you out. Just wait.

Five: Remote Controlled Projectiles
Attacks that you decide the trajectory of are helpful during a battle against a crasher, because they allow you to help from a distance.

HOWEVER! Some of the projectiles should be used, and some should not. As of right now, only two are safe to use, and they are Snake's C4(try sticking it to fellow partyists; they can re-stick it to a crasher later on) and Zelda's Din's Fire. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HIT YOUR FELLOW PARTYISTS WITH THEM. IT'S MORE THAN POSSIBLE TO DO SO.

The other projectiles should not be used for the following reasons:
- Ness' PK Thunder: This projectile would be relatively helpful when fighting a crasher, but the long tail of the attack usually spells interruptions in your fellow partyist's attacks. I've seen people get owned in the face because a stray Thunder broke a partyist's movements right as a crasher Ike nailed him with an Fsmash
- Lucas' PK Thunder: Same reasons as Ness PK Thunder
- Snake's Nikita Missile: This thing cannot make sharp turns; therefore it serves as a dangerous hazard to your fellow partyists if you need to turn your missile.
- Pit's Arrows: These are really hard to aim on Wifi, and the risk of hitting a partyist, followed by said partyist getting hit by a crasher definitely outweighs the 4% damage you might give to the crasher.

Six: Windboxes to the rescue!
Moves with wind effects stop all knockback from enemy attacks. If you see someone about to get hit by a killing blow, such as a final smash, or an Ike Fsmash, jump into action! Nail them with a windbox to save their butts!

The following moves have windboxes on them:
GaW's Uair
Ganon's Utilt
Ness' Magnet(happens when you turn the magnet off)
Pit's Wings of Icarus
Shiek's Vanish(when Shiek reappears, only)
Kirby's Inhale
King Dedede's Inhale
Link's Boomerang

Note: Footstooling stops knockback too, but it's hard to land it. Your best shot is to just press the jump button as fast as you can to intercept the blow.

Spikes and grabs stop all knockback too, but those are even harder to land then footstools are, so yeah.

Seven: LEAVE THE ROOM
This is simple; if you're in a room containing a crasher and an AFK, LEAVE, even if you have a partyist on your side. The source of free KOs increases the crasher's chance to win by an extremely significant amount. Just get out of there ASAP. Midmatch if you have to.

More to be added soon

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
I am finding a helluva lot of partyists lately. And straight up, half of them are garbage. The other half are actually pretty good. I've been forced to choose sonic and run from time to time. But others...I just quite thinking they aren't worth my time.

Also, I think a good crasher makes things interesting. Today these partyists couldn't get ENOUGH of me. I admit, they kicked my a** to the curve 8 times out of 10. But they didn't stop chasing me. And maan was I unlucky. Bomb lands in front of me while I try to spin dash, I meteor smash someone when the match ends. Not a very good day on my part. But they chasing me and chasing me and chasing me. they would keep off me. There was 2 actually good ones so I didn't stand much of a chance. After this day. I will never underestimate peach or fox ever again.... I knew peach was good but...wow....

Another thing, after the last couple of days, 70 percent on the partyists I met are DISHONORABLE. They will attack anyone AFK (even their fellow partyists) and jump into the fray and gang up and all that mess. Abuse items. Most of those people who do that (excluded today), I have mopped the floor with their scrubby a**es.

But I met some actually decent partyists and even opponents. I met a guy who was clearly not a partyist and he sat and let me have my one on one and I did the same, as did the partyist. There are honorable partyists out there and a majority of the good players are partyists, as I read somewhere.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
You guys just need to experience Smash Bros. in the ideal way, in a big room with all the shouting and raucous laughter of a dozen inebriated Smash fanatics. A taunt party doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell in that kind of setting, thus proving the inherent lameness of them.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
You guys just need to experience Smash Bros. in the ideal way, in a big room with all the shouting and raucous laughter of a dozen inebriated Smash fanatics. A taunt party doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell in that kind of setting, thus proving the inherent lameness of them.
Well, yeah, the point is to do it when you're alone, obviously, not at a tournament/smashfest.

A taunt party is obviously nowhere near a tournament setting, where every match is a 2 minute, item filled, KO-stealing-fest. The reason why most people taunt party is to reject the forced ruleset imposed on us by the ingame settings.

In person, you can fight with tournament standard rulesets AND make friends with whoever you're playing.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I decided to crash last night, boy was it easy >_>

Sonic andPika(I couldn't attack it, i just couldn't) decided to camp while a Snake/Ganon/MK came up vs my Samus.
Hope to get it again soon.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
I could not have said that better myself, and of course, I have some tips to help remedy the situation.

First off, you have to remember that, no matter how many times you defeat a crasher(s), all they need is one win in order to leave and feel like they won. In other words, if you do get negatively affected by such a thing, you absolutely must win every match. Keeping this in mind, you should try these handy-dandy tips.

One: Stay separated!
I cannot stress this one enough; when a partyist is confronting a crasher, you HAVE to give them room. Do not attempt to double team with him, and do not jump in there like an idiot. At most, stand two Bowser distances away from the conflict so you can bounce the crasher back to your fellow partyist. When more than one partyist jumps a crasher, all players are exposed to serious unnecessary damage, and you have to remember that it makes it much easier for the crasher to KO you.

In a 3v1 situation, allow ONE partyist to confront the crasher, and make the other two stand off to the side. If the partyist gets knocked a small or moderate distance, DO NOT jump in the fray; the initial partyist is going to be back in a matter of seconds, and more than likely, one or more partyist will get nailed in the face. If the crasher decides to roll away from the conflict at this moment, it usually means a free smash of his choice while the partyists are recovering from the attacks.

That said, if the partyist gets knocked an extremely large distance away, then take over for him or her.

In a 2v2 situation, just separate the match into two 1v1s, and KEEP IT LIKE THAT. Do not try to help your partner out in any way, shape, or form. If you get knocked toward the other 1v1, just get out of there as fast as you can; do not attempt to enter that battle. If the other crasher leaves the other partyist and tries to join your conflict, just get out of there as fast as you can and join the other partyist, who is now alone.

What people don't understand is that, if a partyist joins an already existing conflict, the partyist already in the conflict has to STOP ATTACKING, because they risk hitting you, and it actually usually leads to the crasher landing a free whatever on that partyist.

So stay away from each other. It's the best you can do.

Two: Double KOs!
People are already aware of the, "If you KO someone, let them KO you," addendum of taunt partying, but this can be used in an extremely useful fashion. If you and another partyist are alone, and you both have high damage, KO him or make him KO you somehow(just use the first hit of your jab), then let your fellow partyist KO you, or get KO'd by you(whichever is the opposite of the first action). Viola! The KO counts have not changed, and your damage meters are back to zero.

Three: KO Charity
This is an extremely effective way to ensure a partyist's victory, but it's kinda hard to relay what you're doing. If you've been playing passively throughout the entire match, you can perform this technique. Simply put, get hit by stray attacks from your fellow partyists(Ray Gun shots, Final Smashes, etc etc etc), and kill yourself. The KO will be awarded to the last person who hit you; in other words, your fellow partyist. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Four: Buckets and Magnets!
If you use Ness, Lucas, or GaW, get someone to feed your magnet/bucket. Just stand all the way at the edge of the stage and hold out your magnet/bucket, to relay to everyone else that you need someone to fill you up. Everyone who's ever played Smash knows what magnet and bucket do, so a partyist WILL come and help you out. Just wait.

Five: Remote Controlled Projectiles
Attacks that you decide the trajectory of are helpful during a battle against a crasher, because they allow you to help from a distance.

HOWEVER! Some of the projectiles should be used, and some should not. As of right now, only two are safe to use, and they are Snake's C4(try sticking it to fellow partyists; they can re-stick it to a crasher later on) and Zelda's Din's Fire. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HIT YOUR FELLOW PARTYISTS WITH THEM. IT'S MORE THAN POSSIBLE TO DO SO.

The other projectiles should not be used for the following reasons:
- Ness' PK Thunder: This projectile would be relatively helpful when fighting a crasher, but the long tail of the attack usually spells interruptions in your fellow partyist's attacks. I've seen people get owned in the face because a stray Thunder broke a partyist's movements right as a crasher Ike nailed him with an Fsmash
- Lucas' PK Thunder: Same reasons as Ness PK Thunder
- Snake's Nikita Missile: This thing cannot make sharp turns; therefore it serves as a dangerous hazard to your fellow partyists if you need to turn your missile.
- Pit's Arrows: These are really hard to aim on Wifi, and the risk of hitting a partyist, followed by said partyist getting hit by a crasher definitely outweighs the 4% damage you might give to the crasher.

Six: Windboxes to the rescue!
Moves with wind effects stop all knockback from enemy attacks. If you see someone about to get hit by a killing blow, such as a final smash, or an Ike Fsmash, jump into action! Nail them with a windbox to save their butts!

The following moves have windboxes on them:
GaW's Uair
Ganon's Utilt
Ness' Magnet(happens when you turn the magnet off)
Pit's Wings of Icarus
Shiek's Vanish(when Shiek reappears, only)
Kirby's Inhale
King Dedede's Inhale
Link's Boomerang

Note: Footstooling stops knockback too, but it's hard to land it. Your best shot is to just press the jump button as fast as you can to intercept the blow.

Spikes and grabs stop all knockback too, but those are even harder to land then footstools are, so yeah.

Seven: LEAVE THE ROOM
This is simple; if you're in a room containing a crasher and an AFK, LEAVE, even if you have a partyist on your side. The source of free KOs increases the crasher's chance to win by an extremely significant amount. Just get out of there ASAP. Midmatch if you have to.

More to be added soon

DAYUUUUUM

You guys are taking this "Taunt Party" thing seriously lol
i just don't understand why "crashers" online who wants to play the game legitimately have to deal with this. It is just a waste of time smashing the taunt button(s) and it is boring.

"Suppose you've just unlocked your favorite character in Brawl -- or maybe he was available at the start. You've got friends, but none of them are really into video games. Regardless, you'd still like to test out your skills against some other players. So you jump onto Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection. You select Basic Brawl, and wait patiently on the Practice Stage to be joined up with opponents.

Finally, you're ready to Brawl. 3... 2... 1... GO!!

"Hiii!"

"Show me ya moves!"

"Hiii!"

"Show me ya moves!"

"Pikaaaaa...."

"Show me ya moves!"

Um.... how come nobody's fighting?

That's because, my friend, you have encountered a group of taunt tards. These are the folks who get their enjoyment from doing nothing but taunting in online matches. A dead giveaway is when the Temple (Melee) stage or New Pork City is selected. This is so that, in case you have the audacity to actually want to FIGHT, they can simply run away, unless of course they decide to gang up on you.

What a silly concept... fighting in a fighting game.

But hey, don't go online and complain about it. They'll just tell you to Brawl with your friends, or get people's friend codes. Isn't that just perfect logic? You want to play the game the way it was meant to be played and use a service provided for you by Nintendo in which to do that, but you're the one who's in the wrong, and you're the one who should go out of your way to track down people who would like to actually fight."
this made me lol so hard.

and for the people who has Gecko OS/Ocarina and are tired of this "taunt party"
nonsense can use this No host character modifier! just use a button activator with it and get ready smash the partieshttp://volderbeek.freeforums.org/character-modifier-music-modifier-t3646.html

I decided to crash last night, boy was it easy >_>

Sonic andPika(I couldn't attack it, i just couldn't) decided to camp while a Snake/Ganon/MK came up vs my Samus.
Hope to get it again soon.

NAH im just kidding LP ahahahahahahahaha

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
If you see white Ice Climbers or whity yellow meta knight then that is most likely me. :D
I am always partiest. Never a crasher although sometimes while I am chain grabbing a crasher a partiest gets in the way and I throw them too.

Top Bottom