• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
No one outright says it because they know it's ********, but obviously some dudes got a serious problem with it.

Just imagine walking into a bar and the only three people there are an abstinence group haranguing you.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Let's get one thing clear: However you go about your business in Basic Brawl is perfectly legitimate (you can see taunt parties in the opening cinematic for crying out loud); it's when you feel the need to dictate how others ought to be spending their time is when you fail to grasp the basic tenets of human interaction, which sadly characterizes the vast majority of taunt partiers.

Indeed, playing BB on a Friday night and seeing taunt parties hit critical mass confirms my suspicions that these types really do have zero social lives...which is nothing to be ashamed of in itself (trust me I was totally there)...but the difference is when you take out your frustrations on strangers is what makes you a loser. Now, if you have any shred of reason left in that autistic brain of yours would you kindly stop slowly killing the player base, it's something I've witnessed firsthand and it's killing me softly.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Dins fire works very well on really bad players. I think about 90% of players know how to dodge it.
I'd say lower than 90%. For Basic Brawl's Dins Fire is one of the best projectiles. Getting final smashes is a breeze.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I'd say lower than 90%. For Basic Brawl's Dins Fire is one of the best projectiles. Getting final smashes is a breeze.
This. Din's Fire easily takes down more than 50% of BB's players alone, especially on Sudden Death (obviously). You can just sit back and spam it all day on most people.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
This. Din's Fire easily takes down more than 50% of BB's players alone, especially on Sudden Death (obviously). You can just sit back and spam it all day on most people.
I love how easily annoyed the new or inexperienced players get when I give them a few dins. It's also great when I get them way above in the air, I use a dins and it gives the KO for me.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
What kind of mutant gets pleasure from stressing people in BB. Sometimes I'm ashamed to share the same pastime as these troglodytes.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Team Battle is no better. Why punk kills off an AFC when you've got a golden opportunity for some solid 1-on-1 action With Anyone? Even if you actually manage to win in one of these scenarios you'd swear there were no surer way to piss off somebody, like you're just supposed to bend down and accept your fate, and how dare you overcome all odds?

I don't even enjoy when people get pissed off, I want to associate with people that actually enjoy my company and for everyone to be having a blast, isn't that an outlandish concept. What a bunch of tools, and you know who you are.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I just want things the way they used to be, when there was no room to be jaded or upset. Dudes would taunt just to taunt, and get their **** handed to them...and taunt some more.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I'm noticing way to many taunt parties these days....

The good thing is, most of them seem to be total noobs.

I did fight a decent taunter Link today, but it was laggy AF and I couldn't fight for ****. I'm lucky I got an even score with him.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I'm noticing way to many taunt parties these days....

The good thing is, most of them seem to be total noobs.

I did fight a decent taunter Link today, but it was laggy AF and I couldn't fight for ****. I'm lucky I got an even score with him.
Hmm, thats funny because in the other thread, the majority saw less TPs due to our hardwork and vigilance.

Oh well, sucks for you :3

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
You'd swear some of these Meta Knights were on crack, like you could power an entire city with their misguided anger...but even the best of them get overconfident and inevitably pick one of the non-Meta Knight characters...and get trounced the **** out

Sometimes I ask, what's even the point of calling these people out for their ******ry, they're not gonna change...and they obviously got bigger problems that goes beyond Smash Bros...

It's just such a waste of good talent. Just once, JUST ONCE I want three of these fantastic players in the same Basic Brawl as me going at it in a balls-to-the-wall free-for-all. Can't have that though, because then something awesome might happen.

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
It's just such a waste of good talent. Just once, JUST ONCE I want three of these fantastic players in the same Basic Brawl as me going at it in a balls-to-the-wall free-for-all. Can't have that though, because then something awesome might happen.
Happened to me a couple times, but I think I like it better when there are two pacifists and one good person who fight with you, and you both suicide to create sudden death. The only hard part is then explaining to them that I would actually like to play out sudden death instead of killing myself like the other *******, and using MK's "Fight me!" has worked okay so far.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Its messed up and could ruin a good group dynamic,but a sure fire way to get fights in sd out of friendlies is to bash them one, next time expect revenge. I also try to get fights in sd after a few races off the edge, I give warning bomb spike down instead of my normal throw it up and taunt. Most people get it right away.

@zizz the only time i have gotten 3 skilled people who want to rage is late at night 1200-400am. anybody notice there is more skill in general then, and much tougher tps, but more crashers than normal?

:phone:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, I always look for skilled players in TPs so I can get a 1v1. Fighting a skilled player and group of gay noobs is the most ******** thing possible.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
1v1 with two spectators is fun for a while but it gets old fighting the same person, and no one usually wants to rotate...plus I don't like controlled environments, I want CHAOS.

But FFA with noobs absolutely requires items to keep things interesting, because then at least you've got to contend with the ridiculous overpowered pokemon, ATs, hammers combined with the stage hazards...like a fighting adventure gone terribly wrong. But that's the genius of the game that it can bring pros and noobs in the same place and still be a challenge for all.

TPs, How can you deny the craziness of Smash Bros?? You can't, stop trying to put it in your little box. If the game bores you play something else for the love of sakurai...have some sympathy for yourselves...

@zizz the only time i have gotten 3 skilled people who want to rage is late at night 1200-400am. anybody notice there is more skill in general then, and much tougher tps, but more crashers than normal?
I certainly notice that time frame as having the most worthy opponents. But sadly I also notice many of the best players are TPers, like I said what a waste of a good thing. People don't realize that you can be an incredibly skilled player and still suck at this game...

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
You'd swear some of these Meta Knights were on crack, like you could power an entire city with their misguided anger...but even the best of them get overconfident and inevitably pick one of the non-Meta Knight characters...and get trounced the **** out

Sometimes I ask, what's even the point of calling these people out for their ******ry, they're not gonna change...and they obviously got bigger problems that goes beyond Smash Bros...

Those Meta Knights were probably salty over the ban... I've been seeing more Meta Knight then usual lately, too, so I could only assume that being the reason of them being more abundant and acting irrationally/short-tempered. And if not, then... well, let's just say...

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Why would they even care about the ban, i bet most of them dont even play competitive...
Believe me, there were some really good Meta Knights on today. Some I would even go to say on tournament level. It's really only speculative, though, but everyone agrees that there's been more Meta Knights than ever as of late on BB's, so, I can't think much of another reason unless pure coincidence, rather...

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Believe me, there were some really good Meta Knights on today. Some I would even go to say on tournament level. It's really only speculative, though, but everyone agrees that there's been more Meta Knights than ever as of late on BB's, so, I can't think much of another reason unless pure coincidence, rather...
I was on that day, and most of the Mks I encountered couldn't even get past Falco's SHDL, not to mention avoid the grab...

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I once played a mario that was most likely a tournament player in my opinion. I never played such a good player before and after that mario.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
He knew many low damage combo's. He meteor smashed very well in very unpredictable ways. He used his shield perfectly. He did not use shield rolls. He had great DI. I only played him for about 5 matches because someone D/C'ed after they got meteor smashed twice in one match.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
If you main MK solely because he's the best you have the personality of a brick anyway.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
What assumption? It's personal experience.

Besides, when you factor style out of the equation of who you pick, what else could it mean than you got no style?
Meta Knight can be a pretty stylish character, though, I think (depending on how the person uses him). It's just because that so many people main him for his tier rank alone that he's sort of lost his "special touch" by now, in the eyes of many people. But really, for me it just depends on how willing one is to ready to dedicate themselves to a character and to learning all their techniques, advanced moves, methods, etc. I just don't care much at all for pocket Metas...

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
No doubt, I'm not dissing the entire MK user base. I happen to think he's cool beans. I said SOLELY for being "God tier" are the ones who are godly chumps.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
With the way TPers either kill themselves in sudden death or go ULTRA HARDCORE, depending entirely on whether or not I'm around, means I'm in control, making them do something they really don't want to do. That's what I'm talking about when I say why get caught up in a game you don't enjoy. What's the point?

And besides, it's much less stressful when you have three opponents than just fighting me all the time. And every time you hit one of your allies you have to crouch spam and leave yourself completely open. Why would you choose to live in constant fear of retaliation? If they would get so bent out of shape about something so meaningless then they're not friendly at all. But if that describes you then disregard everything I said and continue to be a sucker.

Top Bottom