• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Parties

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I have an idea. To see if one of those players are nice or not, "accidently" hit them, duck a few times, and see if they fight or not.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
1.Pick Falco
2.Spam laser
3.Wait for approach
4.Phantasm away
5.???
6.Profit
Lol. I wish I was good at spamming lasers online.
It's not particularly too difficult to do. You just have to know when to stop firing lasers so when you try to use Phantasm or any other move you won't get hit before doing so. As long as you pay attention to where your opponent is at and time well you can constantly escape. It is best to do Phantasm right as you jump since it will kill the lag Falco gets when he does Phantasm on the ground.

Gah, no offense to any Zelda/Peach/ZSS players out there, but how come usually every one I come by as of late has been really stuck-up and snooty? I'm not saying all of them are like that, but a decent majority will just go off to the side every round while everyone else is having fun taunting around, and they act like they're all elegant and stuff. They won't commit suicide like everyone else to even out the score if one person accidentally SD's, they won't commit suicide in Sudden Death, and they go absolutely ape**** on someone if they've accidentally attacked them and act like they can get away with it.
Through all my experiences on Wifi I say Zelda takes the cake in that department. Peaches can be random and I can't say for Zero Suit Samus since I don't encounter many and even so I've only seen one good one ever on Wifi while the others are real bad with her. Not every player will SD even if 1 player accidentally does then everyone else except 1 does it. The attacks however, are dependent on what actually hits me as well as the character they use. If they are jabs and tilts I don't react unless the player is constantly hitting me with them. Smash attacks though are a problem since they do a lot of damage and worst you get hit from something that knocks you in range of a smash attack.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
gah, no offense to any zelda/peach/zss players out there, but how come usually every one i come by as of late has been really stuck-up and snooty? I'm not saying all of them are like that, but a decent majority will just go off to the side every round while everyone else is having fun taunting around, and they act like they're all elegant and stuff. They won't commit suicide like everyone else to even out the score if one person accidentally sd's, they won't commit suicide in sudden death, and they go absolutely ape**** on someone if they've accidentally attacked them and act like they can get away with it.
laugh

out

loud

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Thats why i stay away from zeldas... they're scary as hell >_>
Ha ha, I know, right? I swear, there's some sort of cult out there for practices of this behavior from the majority of these Zeldas... And once again, I'm not saying they're all like that, but yeah.

I have an idea. To see if one of those players are nice or not, "accidently" hit them, duck a few times, and see if they fight or not.
I used to try that, actually, but I ended up starting way too many fights like that... Lol.

It's not particularly too difficult to do. You just have to know when to stop firing lasers so when you try to use Phantasm or any other move you won't get hit before doing so. As long as you pay attention to where your opponent is at and time well you can constantly escape. It is best to do Phantasm right as you jump since it will kill the lag Falco gets when he does Phantasm on the ground.
I'd probably be able to do that well offline, but with button delay, I just naturally have a harder time. I'm sure I could still do it, though, if I tried.

Through all my experiences on Wifi I say Zelda takes the cake in that department. Peaches can be random and I can't say for Zero Suit Samus since I don't encounter many and even so I've only seen one good one ever on Wifi while the others are real bad with her. Not every player will SD even if 1 player accidentally does then everyone else except 1 does it. The attacks however, are dependent on what actually hits me as well as the character they use. If they are jabs and tilts I don't react unless the player is constantly hitting me with them. Smash attacks though are a problem since they do a lot of damage and worst you get hit from something that knocks you in range of a smash attack.
Yep, you're right. Zelda definitely takes the cake there. But yeah, I can understand that, though with these players, it's like, even if a single one of Fox's lasers touches them (say the Fox is just fooling around or practicing his skill with the blaster), they take it almost personally and will stop at nothing to then sought out and attack him or her; sometimes they just get in one hit, then retreat back to their corner—other times it's going out all the way and starting a full-fledged fight. At least, this has been the case for me a lot lately.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Yep, you're right. Zelda definitely takes the cake there. But yeah, I can understand that, though with these players, it's like, even if a single one of Fox's lasers touches them (say the Fox is just fooling around or practicing his skill with the blaster), they take it almost personally and will stop at nothing to then sought out and attack him or her; sometimes they just get in one hit, then retreat back to their corner—other times it's going out all the way and starting a full-fledged fight. At least, this has been the case for me a lot lately.
I believe this is why Sakurai brought back the Temple and added Sonic to Brawl.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I can't stand those girl characters that go off by the side and avoid contact whenever possible. Even when a crasher approaches, they run away instead of fight. It's just pointless.

And yeah, I noticed many Zelda's doing this. Not all of them of course, but a great majority.

I notice a lot of stuck up Marths as well, although they'll fight, they seem to act "better" than everyone else.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I perfer the Marths, although they gay their smashes, it doesn't work on good players. They seem pretty shocked by that.

ALMOST destroyed a TP ( If you were P3, and noticed how gay I was fighting, I had accidentally screwed which controller scheme I was using ). In SD, Ftilted P4 and killed, and went to the taunting P2 and utilted them. Should have saved the replay.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I can't stand those girl characters that go off by the side and avoid contact whenever possible. Even when a crasher approaches, they run away instead of fight. It's just pointless.

And yeah, I noticed many Zelda's doing this. Not all of them of course, but a great majority.

I notice a lot of stuck up Marths as well, although they'll fight, they seem to act "better" than everyone else.
Usually with the more intelligent ones they do that to avoid taking damage or being hit and knocks them to another player's attack and only assist when they believe they won't be punished by another player trying to hit the crasher. Or you will get those that will just not assist no matter what and despite they get KOed. Applying to both female characters and Marth.

Although when it comes to Peach and Marth it is usually iffy if it is a good one or not since I've seen more good Peach and Marth players than Zelda and Zero Suit Samus. Also since both can be quite tough to take on if you don't know their MUs. So often times I'm not surprised if they turn out to be good and know what they are doing. Good Zelda on the other hand are rare. However one thing she has in common with Kirby is that the good ones are overshadowed by the bad Zelda and Kirby we see a lot on Wifi which gives them an edge against a good amount of players on there.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Gah, no offense to any Zelda/Peach/ZSS players out there, but how come usually every one I come by as of late has been really stuck-up and snooty? I'm not saying all of them are like that, but a decent majority will just go off to the side every round while everyone else is having fun taunting around, and they act like they're all elegant and stuff. They won't commit suicide like everyone else to even out the score if one person accidentally SD's, they won't commit suicide in Sudden Death, and they go absolutely ape**** on someone if they've accidentally attacked them and act like they can get away with it.

I just had a room like that with this one person switching between all three females and we had about 15 matches total maybe, where this person would do exactly this each and every game. He/she even went out to attack the single person left in Sudden Death (who wasn't even trying to win) one round. Then the next match, as this person was standing off to the side as usual, he/she accidentally got hit with a green shell and immediately attacked me (as I was the closest one nearby, though I wasn't even the one who threw it), then went back to the side and acted like nothing ever happened, back facing me and the other players. I was eventually like, "Okay, screw this," and absolutely demolished him or her (as it turned out he/she sucked) the next round, taunted till the timer went out, then left. I've been seeing this stuff a lot lately and never really did anything about it till now, but yeah, I find it really annoying and arrogant.
This perfectly illustrates why taunt parties are just a recipe for pointless drama. Why subject yourself to that torment when there are better things you could be doing.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Although when it comes to Peach and Marth it is usually iffy if it is a good one or not since I've seen more good Peach and Marth players than Zelda and Zero Suit Samus. Also since both can be quite tough to take on if you don't know their MUs. So often times I'm not surprised if they turn out to be good and know what they are doing. Good Zelda on the other hand are rare. However one thing she has in common with Kirby is that the good ones are overshadowed by the bad Zelda and Kirby we see a lot on Wifi which gives them an edge against a good amount of players on there.
I see quite a few good Peach's actually. I don't underestimate them. I also don't underestimate Zelda's. Many players assume even if a player is "good," maining Zelda somehow hinders them of their ability based on Zelda's multiple flaws. Any character can be great if you know how to use them. I love surprising a high tier when they think they can KO me.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Sometimes, they'll grab or attack the crasher into the direction of the other partyist who has them on the chase.
Taunters suck at teamwork. Once I watched some try to get a camping crasher, and it took them roughly ten matches for them to realize they have to be around the crasher in three seperate areas of temple. Of course, this could instantly solve this by using a smaller stage, but they always choose temple and give the advantage to the crasher.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Usually with the more intelligent ones they do that to avoid taking damage or being hit and knocks them to another player's attack and only assist when they believe they won't be punished by another player trying to hit the crasher. Or you will get those that will just not assist no matter what and despite they get KOed. Applying to both female characters and Marth.

If you want to beat a good Zelda, use Olimar and throw pikimin the whole time and run away until they are at KO percent.

Zulo

Smash Ace
That's not really an approach.. Zelda only has nair and dash attack really.

Unless it's Bowser then bair and fair work too. :awesome:

Edit: Haha I skipped over like five posts, ignore that.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
If you want to beat a good Zelda, use Olimar and throw pikimin the whole time and run away until they are at KO percent.
There are other characters as well that can beat good Zeldas. Good players using any character can. She has no approach options and even so her attacks have lag. Zelda isn't hard to beat.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well, Jiggs and Ganon are about evenly matched with Zelda, any character higher than that will just ****.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Jiggs is broken in low tiers, she ***** anyone in it including ike imho but only if the person has decent idea about the mu.

EDIT:Now that i think about it, its probably my lack of recent MU experience that gets me *****.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
That proves something about your Zelda. You're completely forgetting Naryu's Love.
Thats the worst projectile in the game. Only the best players in the world can make decent use of it. It's very slow, laggy, easy to dodge, leaves her helpless off stage, and predictable.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's not a projectile, it's a reflector ( not a great one ) but it does have good range. Or do you mean Din's Fire?

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Naryu's Love = constant air dodges/spotdodges/pshielding from opponent. Just slowly approach, thats all you can do unless you're facing someone with no projectiles. Shielda is definitely better in terms of everything.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Shield dashing is good sometimes, but Zelda is completely damned against someone like Falco.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Thats the worst projectile in the game. Only the best players in the world can make decent use of it. It's very slow, laggy, easy to dodge, leaves her helpless off stage, and predictable.
It can be used to troll foes over the edge, especially when you aim it slightly behind them and they mistime their airdodge. Also, if you do an SH and Din's Fire, you'll glide forward slowly. Even if it doesn't hit the foe, it will keep them occupied until you're in their face.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Dins fire works very well on really bad players. I think about 90% of players know how to dodge it.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Hint hint.
How to avoid Pika's dsmash: control stick UP and C-stick UP repeatedly as fast as you can. Have fun. ♥

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Hint hint.
How to avoid Pika's dsmash: control stick UP and C-stick UP repeatedly as fast as you can. Have fun. ♥
orly? This is good though seeing a lot of people don't know to s/tdi in bb/tb. Albeit zelda's smashes are a bit harder to get out of if your'e at a low percent.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
orly? This is good though seeing a lot of people don't know to s/tdi in bb/tb. Albeit zelda's smashes are a bit harder to get out of if your'e at a low percent.
Zelda's you practically can't DI out of. If you're on the very tip of the first few frames of the first hitbox then you can get out. Other than that, you can't. It's another reason why noobs always pick her.

Unfortunately I know how to DI, but I don't know how to apply it well when hit by a fsmash at 100% or something.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I was so mad yesterday night. I couldn't get ANYONE to join. I waited for 10 minutes always getting that message "You have been disconnected from other players." WHAT OTHER PLAYERS?! I never got an error code though.

Anyway who else enjoys trolling people in TPs? This is where you intentionally hit them (or something) to see their reaction but never actually fight them (or maybe you do eventually.) It's fun to do.

Examples:
• Pick :jigglypuff: (the master :troll:) and just jab1 each person. This will show you how fragile other opponents are as some will compensate their +2% gain by KOing you. like wtf?!
• Duck as you would. Grab X item and throw it at them. Repeat until they're like HEY WAIT O MINUTE >:[
• Get a Smash Ball but if someone walks up to you you use it on them.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Get the Smash Ball, retreat to your fortress (:snakebrawl:), watch them cower in fear, taunt with Smash Ball, proceed to lose the match. Send a much more powerful message. Which is while they're scrambling like madmen to kill-trade and game the system in every conceivable way, you're out-taunting the taunt party. Imagine the **** out of that one.

Do what you can to hearken back to a time when you could count on random player to just taunt and goof off willy nilly no matter the situation, unconditionally and without resentment, just because how awesome it was to finally play Smash Bros. online

It also helps when you win by a landslide with :ganonbrawl: the next round. I guess that was enough to inspire one of the TPers to turn it into a FFA.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
It's not "mean" to hit someone in Smash Bros., get some real morals. For every kid's day you ruin you'll get it back tenfold, I'll see to it personally.

Top Bottom