• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus & Sa1vy Present: Sa1vation MD, VA, WSoVA, DE confirmed!

dkuo

Smash Lord
after fiddling around with my setup, i can stream! just need a cube + tv setup open. also id have to use one of the audio cables unless someone has a spare splitter

Bones0

Smash Legend
Don't set up the webcam if you stream. I look like a douche every time I SD and look at something completely random off to the side. XD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The bandwidth can definitely handle both streams, so go for it dkuo. I'll list it as the alternate stream if you can confirm the link.

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'll go buy some extra splitters today
I wonder if the dollar store has splitters haha

Bones0

Smash Legend
What kind of splitters do you need? I have AV to headphone splitters from my Xbox, but I doubt that's what you're talking about.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
He needs AV -> AV splitters so he can like ... not steal the entire signal from the Gamecube <_<

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm down to friendly EVERYONE HERE! IN ANY GAME

but seriously not entering just going to meet/greet all the new people/help people warm up/Commentate/scope out girls in my free time IMO.

#TheThirst.

:008:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^sounds thirsty as hell with that last part #letsgo

This tournament definitely gonna be hype. TK you missed last time, it started raining and some chicks invited the entire smash tournament to mud sliding with them

Needless to say no one went

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
He's probably talking about lending scope to the smash players. God knows they need it. TKbro trying to be the truest bro by helping everyone get their thirst quenched

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
This tournament definitely gonna be hype. TK you missed last time, it started raining and some chicks invited the entire smash tournament to mud sliding with them

Needless to say no one went
well I mean where they not attractive girls? I probably wouldn't have went either though regardless. mudsliding sounds like the dirtiest thing ever.

it's all good tho I got it this time. The minute I see any chick on Tumblr. I'm in there.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I mean, they were decent but not spectacular I guess

but I'm married yo, I love my wife. You all have fun. There is a wild wings very close by if anyone is up for it afterwards (depending on when we finish)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Mine were like 6 bucks each (if you want 1 for each input you need 3) from Radioshack but I'm sure they're cheaper online
You probably also need couplers (I got a 3 slot coupler for 6)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Important!

Hey everyone, a couple quick notes!

1. No Drugs or Alcohol, period. If I SEE, SMELL, or HEAR about it, you're banned from the venue immediately.

The college has a 0 tolerance policy for drug use. It could ruin our day, hell this venue use entirely if anyone related to this event has drugs on them or gets caught doing them. Do NOT test me on this.

2. Please be courteous of the venue.

We get the venue for free as long as we take care of it. Do not do anything reckless, or do anything dumb like sit on the arms of chairs, etc. The lounge is very nicely furnished so please make sure you take care of it.

3. Anyone caught stealing will be banned immediately.

Not just this tourney, but any future college park events and any events I officiate. Period.

4. BE ON TIME OR BE DISQUALIFIED.

Most of you know I'm a stickler for time. If you want to play friendlies- i'll be at the venue at 11am. The event starts at 1pm, plenty of time for you to do warmups. Signups are at 12:30, meaning, you should arrive NO LATER THAN 12:30pm. In addition, there is food on campus- it's a quick drive away so if you need a break please let me know so I know you're leaving (so I don't DQ you.) I will be enforcing a strict 10 minute DQ rule. First game is at 10 minutes, 2nd game is at 20 minutes. Do not test me on this, I WILL DQ YOU AND YOU KNOW IT. We will have fun, but at the same time I want everyone to be able to go home at a respectable hour (including myself)

5. Make sure to review the directions on how to get here.

Here is a campus map: http://www.cvs.umd.edu/visitors/2010 Campus Map.pdf

On the upper left of the map in Section 2G is where we have free parking for the day. The best way to get in here is to do the following:

1. Come in to college Park on Route 193 (regardless of direction)
2. Turn onto stadium drive
3. You'll come to a traffic circle. Take the last exit to valley drive.
4. You'll come to another road split that takes you back to the parking. Go towards the back and you should see section 2A.
5. Directly behind section 2A is section 2G where we are permitted to park for free. You can park there. Oakland hall is the building you passed to get in here (you'll see a big sign on the building that says "Oakland Hall").

Sa1vy will be manning the door from 12:00pm-1:30pm (maybe even earlier than that.) You need a student keycard to access the building so he will be your doorman. He will also have to open the elevator for you. If you arrive sooner, you can call/text us and someone will come get you at the door.

There will be a lot of new players at this, so please be very friendly and courteous.

This event was designed to bring in a new wave of players- I know most of you do this but please be very inviting to our new guests as we'd like them to return.

That's it, I don't want to come across super harsh but rules are rules. This event is looking to be fantastic and will have a great turnout so i'm really looking forward to what may be a revival of sorts for this region. Please let me know if you have any questions via pm/facebook/twitter.

Top Bottom