• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TANK's YouTube- MERC CITY!- New Matches Up

TANK64

Smash Lord
lol wut
I think Sheer not using eggs enough is one of his only flaws...

and Thanks...

Ugg I'm starting to get salty over these GF vids before I even upload them. I mad so many stupid mistakes. I never want to loose to anyone ever again... aRG!

TANK64

Smash Lord
I don't really have a choice.

To beat Sheer's Yoshi with Fox, ya kinda gotta play perfect... or you might get *****.

Plus, I want to be the
very
best.

EDIT: I'm gonna upload crunk Samus dittos after teams. Don't get too excited. My Samus isn't that good. Like... I bring nothing to the character.

<3

Battlecow

Play to Win
Good **** tanklin

edgeguarding could be TIGHTER for both of you, he was tryin some silly **** on fox

but overall really cream-of-the-crop play

Don't you have a falcon tank? Couldn't you have exploited that sheermadness secret weakness?

TANK64

Smash Lord
THANKS BCOW <3333333333333

I officially like you more than SK xD

I have a lot of tweaks and changes for better edge guards and overall play for next time.

and yes I do. Falcon would be an obv easier counterpick, but I've been avoiding going Fox in serious matches against him for so long because you gotta play tight as ****. But I figured if I'm gonna call Fox my main and go Fox at Apex then I should be able to beat a little Dinosaur on DL. I also am on the "Fox-IS-good-on-DL" campaign. Don't know if I helped or hurt lol.

I'm proud, but still very hungry. Gotta be smarter for Apex

Y'all are gonna cringe when you see GF. I choked on major ****.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean fox is pretty good on DL, but against like pika and yoshi falcon's like

a lot better

IMO

everyone else fox can hang with equal to falcon at least

TANK64

Smash Lord
Don't worry. I'm keeping up good maintenance on my Falcon =) .

And I can agree with that. Although I think with Falcon it's more "easier" than "better."

IMO

I'll sleep on it.

I would probably play Falcon on Pika though lol.

All the cool chars are squishy anyways...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
good matches, kys sure likes his f-throw n-air

also, was watching this and i was like, 'holy balls tank's fox levelled up'

then i read the title properly

:happysheep:

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^kys isn't that used to 64 controllers. He's a lot less choppy online.

...but we're converting him :)

to be perfectly honest my most vivid image of your gameplay is a link that uses too many d-tilts :p
Besides the fact that this is true. I posted WF set a page back where I sent him to losers with my fox >____> .

Now. To the good stuff. Me getting ***** and choking:

GF (set 1)
TANK (Fox) -vs- SheerMadness (Yoshi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-711OQuHRg

kys

Smash Ace
good matches, kys sure likes his f-throw n-air

also, was watching this and i was like, 'holy balls tank's fox levelled up'

then i read the title properly

:happysheep:
I couldn't finish that LF set, watching the Falcon was too painful. :C
Yeah, you guys gotta understand that I was going directly from Xbox 360 with 4 frames of delay to N64 controller, which wasn't my own, with 0 delay.

I really underestimated the adjustment. I guess that's what console people feel like when they go online lol.

Pretty early on I realized I had no combo game at the tournament. So I needed to space. When I got an opening my plan was to get Sheer off the stage and edgeguard (hence a lot of fthrow to nair). It actually worked for the most part, and it made me think a lot more. It was the best neutral game I've ever played against Sheer.

The hardest part about adjusting was dashing or jumping after a grab or a hit. I was hitting jump way too early because I'm used to the 4 frames online, so at the tournament nothing was coming out and I was just standing there. I also couldn't pivot very well, which takes away a lot of what I like to do.

In game 4, there was a point when Sheer whiffed a horrible grab and he was at like 29%. I was on the top platform, and I stood there and did nothing. Trust me, I was hammering right on the stick. I really regret not concentrating there hard enough because that would have been a pretty easy kill with a dair > to techchase.

If you want to be entertained in LF, go to the last match and watch Sheer **** me with shieldbreaks and 0 to deaths. He went nutz.

Thanks for uploading Tank. I'm seriously considering an investment in a good N64 controller now. No excuses, it's my fault for not being ready, but I REALLY wanted to make Sheer get third. Soo close.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Sheer's Yoshi has laser precision. The time he has put in the character really shows. Hands down best Yoshi, even better than Japan's.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Game 4 is missing from what you uploaded for GF set 2..

I wannnaaa seeee game 4.

EDIT: NVM I totally didn't see the part where it said game 2 wasn't recorded.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah 'cause Sheer's fox is on a different level than mine...
all these aussie *****es see is the pretty lasers

the tank-fox is pretty in ways they don't even understand

Sucks about the controllers kyssy. CONVERT.

Tank, some close matches in GF's there, you're definitely within the range. Just stop messing up on his shield over and over, mother****er punishes way too hard.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
man i've been on that bumblebee ness **** forever. Is it hipster to like something AFTER it was cool?

BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

**** the steelers though

rpotts

Smash Lord
Tank, you need to work on hit confirming, that is, reacting to what your previous move set you up for rather than going for autopilot combos. It seemed that many times you went for jab->upsmash, but ended up jabbing Sheer's shield; instead of adjusting your follow up to a grab or shield pressure of some sort you went for the upsmash anyway. If you're reading this and thinking, "I was going for an uptilt, but the pressure caused me to hit a bit harder and I accidentally upsmashed," the answer is don't uptilt the front of someones shield, no matter how bad their shield grab is, lolyoshi. You played well and had some good stuff in there, but subpar shield pressure, specifically repeated upsmash on shields, gave him many free opening which he's clearly super good at capitalizing on.

Battlecow

Play to Win
rpotts knows where it's at

Bumblebee ness is the way and the truth and the light, and no one comes into the kingdom of ness except through him

TANK64

Smash Lord
all these aussie *****es see is the pretty lasers

the tank-fox is pretty in ways they don't even understand

Sucks about the controllers kyssy. CONVERT.

Tank, some close matches in GF's there, you're definitely within the range. Just stop messing up on his shield over and over, mother****er punishes way too hard.
I agree. I feel like every set could have gone either way. Even though though first set was 3-0, I feel like I could have closed those games (especially 2, and 3). And then second set of GF I started with a game lead, and then botched it anyways lol. He was playing very well. I just gotta make sure to hit him just as hard. I was mixing up my techs finally, but that ***** chases too well lol. Damn double jump canceling!

GGs though it was a learning experience. I take pride in my clutch abilities so next time expect redemption :cool: .

Tank, you need to work on hit confirming, that is, reacting to what your previous move set you up for rather than going for autopilot combos. It seemed that many times you went for jab->upsmash, but ended up jabbing Sheer's shield; instead of adjusting your follow up to a grab or shield pressure of some sort you went for the upsmash anyway. If you're reading this and thinking, "I was going for an uptilt, but the pressure caused me to hit a bit harder and I accidentally upsmashed," the answer is don't uptilt the front of someones shield, no matter how bad their shield grab is, lolyoshi. You played well and had some good stuff in there, but subpar shield pressure, specifically repeated upsmash on shields, gave him many free opening which he's clearly super good at capitalizing on.
Yea. I saw a lot of those :/ . It's funny 'cause I felt like I was playing so good, but in retrospect I see SOO many mistakes lol.

I wasn't trying to uptilt. I don't know what I was thinking. Also, sometimes I try to hit confirm the jab and he parries it and I hear the hit and don't see a shield so I just react with an upsmash anyways, then realize. I'm getting better at it though, and got better as the day went on. That's why I started trying to hit confirm shine to jab to upsmash.

Thanks though. Definitely room for improvement. Gotta hit that hyperbolic time chamber training.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Yea. I saw a lot of those :/ . It's funny 'cause I felt like I was playing so good, but in retrospect I see SOO many mistakes lol.

I wasn't trying to uptilt. I don't know what I was thinking. Also, sometimes I try to hit confirm the jab and he parries it and I hear the hit and don't see a shield so I just react with an upsmash anyways, then realize. I'm getting better at it though, and got better as the day went on. That's why I started trying to hit confirm shine to jab to upsmash.

Thanks though. Definitely room for improvement. Gotta hit that hyperbolic time chamber training.
I see that basically every time I watch myself play, which is infrequent since nobody records at smashfests, lol.

I didn't think that you were necessarily, just wanted to throw that out just in case. Parries do make hit confirming difficult, on a side note you did an excellent job dairing whenever he was crouching, obviously trying to parry. Reminds me of Peaches in melee crouching, waiting to CC a Fox nair and then dsmashlolz them.

I wouldn't bother with stuff like shinejab in tournies, I love shinejab as much as, err, waaayy more than the next guy, but it's just too easy to screw up for only a few more percent. I don't really think it opens up any options that you wouldn't already have, either, as unfortunate as that is. I did see you pull one really nice fair->shinejab->shine which made me :D even though simply fair->upsmash would've KO'd. :3

You're making me want to rewatch the sets that I did with the intention on a write-up, I don't remember everything I thought when I watching it off the top of my head and certainly don't have timestamps or anything, lol.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think shine jab is way more useful then jab because it's easier to land than jab. Same as you would hit confirm jab to upsmash. Not for the extra percent but for the fact that it's way easier and less punishable than doing a raw upsmash. Also, shine jab is really good to tech chase with. I can run around and use it immediately. Or just shine and tech chase if their percent isn't too high. I can't jab while running so it's not exactly a replaceable thing. Also, I don't want to be like, "I never miss shine jabs," but like I don't think I missed one the entire day lol, so that's not really a problem for me.

And Yea, I was kinda feeling myself during that combo xDDD. Also in all honestly I was just reacting and trying to keep the combo going since I know I didn't break his armor/take his jump. I really wasn't trying to be fancy at this tournament at all. I want to play to win, but I guess I'm not used to simpler options since I've tried to be fancy in the past for so long lol.

I'm trying to find my middle ground of technical execution, but not just for the sake of being technical. Especially against people that I can't afford too...

But I love styling sooo much!! Oh 1st world problems.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If I crouch vs Fox my intent usually isn't to sit there and parry their approach. It's:

1. To avoid lasers. Which is why you see me crouch walking a lot.

2. To bait them into approaching or fool them into thinking I won't approach. Crouch walking into a DJC aerial or dash attack is pretty fast and hard to see coming. Especially since they see me crouching and immediately think "parry".

Parrying is probably last on my list of options/intentions when crouching vs Fox. Any Fox that plays vs me a decent amount knows to approach with drills or multi hit moves so I can't parry them (even though Tank does have a lapse in judgement every once in a while and comes in with a fair or something).

But yah crouching goes a long way vs Fox. In all aspects of the game, not just parries.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea. You had a sweet dash attack, I think in the last set. I said "nice!" out loud when watching. lol I'm such a smash nerd.

Plus just the threat of dash attack can kinda limit Fox from just doing what he wants.

You're good against fox. Stop that lol.

Also, That upsmash on kys on Congo was probably one of the illest things I'm seen in a while lol.

Ugg I want to play.

Also, @kys, although I don't play with you alot, I agree with you. I really thought you were gonna get overwhelmed in the neutral game, and you impressed me.

kys

Smash Ace
Shoutouts time for my first smash tournament:

Shoutouts to Loto for being chill, being my teammate, letting my borrow your controller at times and for helping hbox run the tourney. Trash talking in friendlies with you and Tank was soo much fun. I wish I could've stayed. "How did I miss that dair?" "Because you suck." Lmao.

Shoutouts to Tank. I had a blast getting to know you, talking about random life things, how stupidly good boom and isai are, and dead kittens. Friendlies were great. Even some of the melee guys were peeking over at us because you were getting hype for just friendlies. Btw when Sheer actually hit you with Ness' upb I believe it was something like, "That's five dead kittens, and probably a few starving children in Africa."

The only regret I had is not getting to play your Fox in a serious match. That's your fault for sending Sheer to loser's!

Shoutouts to Sheer for playing an awesome dino. You were really quiet, which surprised me because of how you are on here, and it sucked you were in everything because we didn't really get to play friendlies. In GF some melee guys were practically getting off watching you shieldbreak. Good stuff.

Shoutouts to Eikelmann for being a bro and letting peeps borrow his controller. That staredown and walk-away after your DK suicide in teams had me in stitches. Good luck at Apex! You're really close to breaking through and getting to the next level.

Shoutouts to the two frat guys who showed up in their wife-beaters thinking they were gods at smash. It's always fun giving out slices of humble pie. Overall it was really funny listening to the melee players' reactions when they were watching us.

If any Falcons were watching, counterpick to Congo. Seriously. He can, like, actually recover there.

Until next time dudez. I'm looking forward to it.

Loto

Smash Ace
Hahah yeah. Me and Kys are far too used to online play with our own controllers. Regardless I had a blast the whole night. And by the end of the night I was pretty used to the 64 controller. I need to just get a hori though for next time. Make sure you text me Kys after the holidays, we'll chill or something.

:phone:

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
^yeah, good stuff guys! Definitely helping me procrastinate on my hw.
Are there any vids of Loto or Eiklel? I'd like to see those :D
and congrats on the first tourney, kys!

it seems like this past weekend was a good weekend for smash tournies

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Nice to meet you kys. You did very well considering a 64 controller is not what you're used to. And don't listen to people, Congo is a great counter pick vs Fox, messes up his laser game. Not really a counter pick vs Yoshi though.

And yah I'm not a very talkative person. I'm not talkative on kaillera either, but I can understand why you were surprised. The caps and "****ing dominate" thing I say to attract games probably gives the illusion that I'm some loud outgoing dude.

Loto good to see you again. My Falcon is too pro.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Now. To the good stuff. Me getting ***** and choking:
Well that's some vivid imagery

I used to use green Ness but I switched to blue like a year ago or two (man time flies).
Damn, I was going to switch to blue but you've foiled me! What do I do now? Go back to bumblebee? Go to boring old vanilla red? UGH

also Tank y u usmash so much

Loto

Smash Ace
^yeah, good stuff guys! Definitely helping me procrastinate on my hw.
Are there any vids of Loto or Eiklel? I'd like to see those :D
and congrats on the first tourney, kys!

it seems like this past weekend was a good weekend for smash tournies
There should be friendlies of me, I did all my tournament matches on the other setup though. XD

Top Bottom