• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TANK's YouTube- MERC CITY!- New Matches Up

The Star King

Smash Hero
BTW I was looking at some old posts that occurred during my hiatus and I noticed these NOOBS telling you to just tilt lightly for fastfall uairs/platform drop uairs. The cool and good way is to just mash up and a at the same time (you're actually pressing A when the control stick is high enough to detect an uair but not a stick jump, on the control stick's way up). You can get them out much faster this way.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Pretty sure this is how I do it, 'cause I'm definitely not gentle.

Guess we're just PRO.

This gives me an idea...

TANK64

Smash Lord
I always on actually and nobody else is. *****IRONY***** (at night)

I can only P2P, and nobody will play me :(

I THINK I can host P2P now, but haven't tested it.... 'cause nobody will play me.

Except for BOOM, he's cool and P2Ps, and is like the only person I play lol.

I've got a bunch of SEWING to do so I'm gonna be only on in like the late night (like midnight to 3am?).

Until after next week, then I have 10 days off and will live on the internet all day.

I would LOVE to play some fake smash with you and anyone else on here.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Stop doing this to ME!!!
!!AAARRGJGKDSAJL;DHA!!!

I CAN'T.

I really can't. I'm stepping away from the computer now ;_; .

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah but he said "I THINK I can host P2P now, but haven't tested it.... 'cause nobody will play me."

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
He's had nobody to play with, and now that he doesn't have time to play, everybody's crawlin' out of the woodwork, wanting to play with him.

such is life

TANK64

Smash Lord
Stop tempting me!

I meant you guys wanting to play when I have all this stuff to do. It's so hard for me to say no; so basically it's driving me crazy.

But definitely soon @ all of you.

Ok! I'm logging out now for at least a few days (ok an hour and a half).

EDIT:

He's had nobody to play with, and now that he doesn't have time to play, everybody's crawlin' out of the woodwork, wanting to play with him.

such is life
qft

He tried to host a lot of times but he can't yet.... That makes me laugh.
F U

Sangoku

Smash Master
BTW I was looking at some old posts that occurred during my hiatus and I noticed these NOOBS telling you to just tilt lightly for fastfall uairs/platform drop uairs. The cool and good way is to just mash up and a at the same time (you're actually pressing A when the control stick is high enough to detect an uair but not a stick jump, on the control stick's way up). You can get them out much faster this way.
LOL! Says the cheater right?

Does the little rapidity you gain make a significant difference? And all the "NOOBS" say lightly tilting, because since they (we) are NOOBS, it's so much easier than smashing. Or is it only a matter of timing to get? It was already so hard to learn that back then... Even now I have trouble with short hopping uair when I slide from c to a (when I need a double aerial out of a short hop for example). I also have trouble pivot utilt, which should be the same principle. But I'm digressing...
When do you post new matches/combos/interviews TANK? :)

Oh and if one day you get kinda used to delay and other online ****, maybe we could try p2p to see how many frames we can get.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't cheat on controller @_@

It's timing. And I don't understand how short hop uair and pivot utilts are related

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
was this directed at me? because this definitely helps me out a lot. o_O

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah it was

Also you asked for DK tips. I'll impart you with a little combo that I don't see anybody do for some reason. If you land down-b under a Dreamland platform on a fastfaller, short hop nair onto platform -> fair off the ledge. Use the early, more powerful hit at lower percents, and the late hit at higher percents - if you do, it can work anywhere from like 20% to 70% (and then at higher percents you can do uair stuff). Useful if you don't have a neutral B charged.

TANK64

Smash Lord
When do you post new matches/combos/interviews TANK? :)
I actually don't have anything IMMEDIATELY in the barrel, but I play on releasing a Taylor Swift combo vid/T.Swift interview/random TANK combos/other STUFF coming up.

so get HYPE! :awesome:

Oh and if one day you get kinda used to delay and other online ****, maybe we could try p2p to see how many frames we can get.
Long shot :urg: , but yea, maybe we can play Matrix smash one day.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't cheat on controller @_@

It's timing. And I don't understand how short hop uair and pivot utilts are related
It's related if you lightly tilt to uair. You also need to lightly tilt to utilt quickly, so you don't jump/smash. So I think it's obviously related. Pivot was just to say you do something with the joystick before the utilt, so you need to be quick.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah I know, that's why I said it was similar with my noobish method. So one would need to learn the light press anyway (if not to uair, to utilt). I'll try learning your method to uair though, might be helpful.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Oh I see. I guess that's true but I think my method is still useful because you can generally do it faster (try to do a fastfall Luigi uair when falling from the main platform of Hyrule to the lower left floor).

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah, I just tried your technique and it's way easier than what I thought. I don't see a speed difference with a regular platform drop from dreamland, but I'll try with a fastfall as you suggest.

TANK64

Smash Lord
lol Me too. I went from not using it enough to using it too much and messing up the timing.

It works if the Yoshi is recovering real low, or high percent obv.

Guess practice makes perfect...

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Nice use of Luigi's Dtilt.
Also, nice to see Sheer not using eggs. I love his Yoshi.
no

Top Bottom