• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournaments

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
nevermind, i missed 1 turn asked for directions to get back on track and got sent back toward my area. some other time i guess.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
It was fun, fosho. Finally got to play Manko and Noucles some..Fun *** team matches...Aqua is no longer a mystery among Smash.. Lol

-Aqua
:luigi:

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Who's ready for a tournament? Word on the street is that the "Saint of all that is Angry" is planning one at the end of January. BTW, I want to meet these guys from Valrico. You guys send me a PM and I'll set up a play date.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yes, tournaments rock.

Just a heads up, Cutting Edge (nearby in Clearwater) is planning tourneys for 01/07/06 & 01/28/06. Link: events page

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
January 27th at 2pm at Area 51. Address is 711 West Lumsden Avenue Brandon, Fl 33511. Singles and doubles. $10 per person for singles; $20 per team for doubles. Friendly fire will be on. No items. Matches will take place on the following stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams(singles only), and Battlefield All stages will be chosen at random. 2/3; 3/5 finals. Double elimination. Prize money will be divided among 1st., 2nd., 3rd., 70/20/10 respectively.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Alright, I'll add it to the Florida Thread for you.

Don't forget to update the first post. It'd probably help to edit the title to include the date as well.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Ill try to make it. I havent gone there since august, when it was still wired warfare. Im anxious to play you guys again. you're all prolly godly by now since you have eachother to play against all the time.

what time will it start? 2PM?

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
My buddy/rival who uses Luigi. I would say he might be one of the best now...aside from Bane and Josh. But Bane is starting to slow down a bit (I can beat him on a good day). Plus we got this new kid Luie who has no tech skills but GODLY timing with his CF. OMG this kid can land just about any blow, even falcon punch (OUT of the stage!!!! instead of a meteor smash!), with his timing.

I know you just wanted Aqua but I felt like giving you all an update.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
So, how many people plan on showing up? Let me know so I can determine how many Gamecubes I'll need. I want the first tournament I hold this year to set a new record for the most people. The largest one I've held had 27 people competing in it. That was back when it was my first tournament and have never heard of Smash Boards. All I did was put a flyer in GameStop in the mall and one at Wired. lol. PLus I'm working on a name for my tournaments. lol. Any ideas? lol.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
1. Wired Smashers!!! (In rememberance of the old wired warfare.)
2. Pimp of Bit**es (to make fun of our crew name "Ya All Sum Bit**es")
3. Tampa Smashers Conference
4. Megabits (I'm jk...I had a thought of Gigabits there)
5. Space Invaders (name from the idea of our venue, "Area 51" sice we'll be "landing" there)

There's a few ideas...one is my fav and four is a joke (not to be taken seriously).

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
....hmm. That last post was just silly. Lame tournament names. Lol

Aqua ...um Exarch ..I was at the tourny maybe you remember me.. the one in tampa..had the long hair..tied back..didn't compete but played friendlies with my Luigi, ETC. Considering I'm the one who saved the ****, I figured you'd at least remember me =P Lol its all good.

Zaro...its "Y'all sum *****es" ...and I don't remember saying you were in the crew. Lol...Still working on all that. C'mon now. Don't act like I already said you were in it. Lol.

Btw..I'm goign to try to get that day off, so I can actually play in the tournament instead of just playing friendlies like I always end up doing.

Manko and Noucles, it was fun playing you last time..def need to hang and play some more soon.

Man I should really post on here more often..

-Aqua :luigi:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Aqua: we should both be able to make it to the tourney and bring a few others as well.

btw, you should write up a crew bio so I can add you guys to the Florida Thread.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm in the crew. lol. Don't know if I'll be Peach, Ganondorf, or Ice Climbers. lol. My Ganondorf has gotten a lot better. lol. Especially my "Peace Out" move lol. Where I down stomp you while you are on the stage and it sends you straight up off the screen to your death if you're at a high enough percentage. lol. Lame name, but fun as hell. I think the name of the crew should be "The Devil's Rejects". lol. Then we could have that song playing when we enter. lol. Hell, I might just start up my own crew and call it that! I want the name of the tournament to come from something Nintendo oriented. Got it! The Twilight Tournament.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
lol Aqua of course I remember you. You just missed my spoiler on the end of that post.

Um I think Darrel (Fenrir) and I are really interested in the Tampa area the weekend of the 27th & 28th. Is there housing overnight down there? Cause we'd like to come and play. Maybe bring others with our crew with us. If we get enough people from my crew, we could 63 stock you guys in a crew battle... if you wanted that is...

hahaha? Anyways this is looking good, esp since I didn't go to gigs today.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Dude, Thomas...Tampa's like 30 mins - 1 hour away from me... not too far at all.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
well, my place isn't an option since it's not technically my place. The USF guys might be able to house people, though there'd be very little room there. Rohins is already planning on having Phanna and possibly Duckles stay with him, and he said he might be able to house a few more.

Once I get back from the tourney at cutting edge tomorrow, I plan on making a thread to advertise for the back-to-back tourney weekend in Tampa. I've got to confirm what kind of rules Cuttingedge is going to be using.

In any case, I'm sure the Tampa guys would be interested in crew batteling. Although we've never formed an actual crew there'd be Me, Noucles, L_W48, Hulk, Rohins, and harriettheguy.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
The name for my tournaments has been made. They will be called The Twilight Showdown Tournaments. Props to Aqua on the "Showdown" part of the name. All anouncements about my tournaments will be in the thread with the same title.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
This..thread is dead as fuq. tourny's in 2 days ******! Liven it up! Start letting the forum know if you're comin for sure..I wanna see what kinda groups are gon show up..its gon be fun..

-Aqua :luigi:

lvl9 CP

Smash Apprentice
Ann Arbor MI/Los Alamos NM/Gainesville FL/Tampa FL
Derf, Sub-Scorpion, and I will most likely be coming down from G-ville for the Twilight Tourney; however, we won't make it to Cutting Edge (tourney on Sunday = worst day possible).

I'm also hoping to have a smash-fest at my house in Palm Harbor on Friday starting around 8pm (sorry it's late, but we have late class and a 3-hour drive).

PS-We could bring 1 (possibly 2) TV's and a couple of Cubes.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lvl9, I can't make it to your smashfest but hit up KingofHearts and I'm sure he'd be up for it. His name is S0NS0NIC on AIM.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Please find the thread in Atlantic south entitle "Twilight Showdown"...it was started by Saint Anger...that explains everything.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The next tourney is scheduled for [thread=93832]March 10th at Area 51[/thread]. We will have special guest KOkingpin, the best Ganon in TN.

Top Bottom