• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournaments

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Here we go again! All right everyone, Wired closed down but there is a new place in which I will be holding tournaments. It's called Area 51 and it's in the same location as Wired. Same address and all. Thestore is about 70% complete, but there open for buisness. Once everything is back in order I will be holding monthly Smash tournaments again. They have Smash running on a projector and all. Right now they only have one Gamecube, that's why I need everyone available to come and play Smash so they will get another one. I want to turn the area they have Smash in into nothing but Smash. They have 2 360's set up and I want to boot them out in favor of Smash. So go and play and demand more Gamecubes for Smash!

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Fan- F***ing- tastic! I feel this is where we can establish a hardcore Smash area, and its our chance to guide it towards that goal while its still developing. When I get to drive in Dec., Ill try to make it there more often. Cant wait to see your IC's again.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Fan- F***ing- tastic! I feel this is where we can establish a hardcore Smash area, and its our chance to guide it towards that goal while its still developing. When I get to drive in Dec., Ill try to make it there more often. Cant wait to see your IC's again.
Lol! I've been practicing with them. I can do the "Freeze Glitch" now. Even during a melee match. Lol. But I don't do it often, just when the other player has one stock left. Lol. We really need people going there and raising hell about Smash. The owner was reluctant about putting Smash in there. Didn't think it would be a big draw. That's why I need people going in there to play Smash on a daily basis. I got some Nintendo decals I want to put on the wall, but I want to wait until it's been SMASH-I-FIED!!!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sweet, glad to see more stuff popping up in Tampa. ^_^

I've been there before when it was still Wired Warefare, but it was back in April before I moved to Tampa. Mind giveing us the address and a link to their website if they have one up yet?

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
a51gaming.com (link not active, copy/paste on address bar) is the new site for the place. I agree with you SaintAnger, we could lean Area 51 towards smash while they're still flexable because they're still figuring things out. Oh and I'm in VERY GOOD TERMS with the owner Jeff...hehe! I'm the "mediator" in response to what happened on day 1. I'm their link and info to all the regulars of Wired so my word has power. To prove it, I talked with the Area 51 guys and they're going to move smash to the TV so no lag for tournies (so smashboard players won't be afraid of the projectors, cause they say it lags). I even requested for no 3rd party controllers, only original gamecube and wavebirds are good, and they made sure that my message went striaght to Jeff...not some suggestion box! So SaintAnger you provide me with ideas and I'll give the influence power. I like my privileges so I won't abuse them...we'll change Area 51 to a smash heaven but slowly, not quickly or pushy.

Can't wait for the next tourny!

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Area 51 definately isn't a bad spot for Smash Tournies...I liked the enviroment..it was just kinda hectic cuz it was opening day and EVERYONE was there. They moved everything around and now theres TONS more space in there for people to hang an stuff. I talked to the owner and he said he was going to be putting more tables + chairs in there soon..and then that place will be near complete..atleast on the Smash point of view.

So I made a group thing for our "crew" down here away from all you smashers unfortunately... I'm sure you will all love the name of our crew..lol...and the group isn't specifically for crew members only..so all you guys should go on there and post and what not. The address is :

http://groups.myspace.com/yallsumb i t c h es

Because of Smashboards filter..you have to take out the spaces on the b i t ch es part..lol.

Go check it out..sign up..blahblah... I kinda am hoping I can somehow get Tampa people looking at that site too regarding Tournaments an stuff..that way it can be a little quicker to spot whats going down and when...

Anyways..can't wait till we start running the tournaments at Area 51 .. it looks pretty promising..especially compared to the how small Wired was.

-Aqua

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Im up for it guys. Im trying to start a smash thing at a current local lan center called cutting edge. hahaha :p

anyway I need to know any smash times? becuase I dont want to drive up there and no ones there to play smash.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
We usually smash in late afternoon/night time. I'm going to Area 51 as soon as I'm done eating dinner.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Yummy, more smash. This place is about 30 minutes from me so I can manage goin in the afternoon. I can't stay late though, I have to wake up too early ;_;

CKRikou

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is excellent. Alright, uhh I'm kinda new to this, but I think I can do well. Just, where is Area 51 anyway? ^^; Also, if there's anything I can do to help, I'd like to try (get more people interested in SSBM, raise funds, manual labor, etc), all for the sake of good smash in Tampa, of course.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Tampa crew then ^_^ ! For right now, just show and play with us I guess. I think the address is 711 W. Lumsden Rd. in Brandon, FL 33511. I could be wrong though, SaintAnger knows the address by heart lol. I'm going to look for a banner shop that'll make crew banners.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
I believe SaintAnger is planning 2 Tournaments at Area 51 in Brandon for December...so I'm hoping all you ****s will be there. Any other Luigi players around?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I kind of play Luigi as a side character, not really one of my mains though. Looking forward to the tourneys. ^_^

btw, what is the typical schedule for you guys going up to Area 51? I heard before it was practically every night. Me and Rohins plan on going sometime, and hopefully bring Noucles or LW_48 too.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Well its only about 20-30 min from most of us..so we jus go up there whenever we play smash..which is pretty much every night. Sometimes we just stay home and play, though. Just give us a day and we'll try to get as many smashers as possible to go that day. Weekends are better to some people..but then again to other people its harder to get out there when they have plans and what not.

Manko, I haven't really played you in forever...even at the tourney..since I didn't enter.. All we really did was fight a few times in the FFAs. still fun though. I'm weak against most Samus' now. >.< It sucks. Mostly Sheik, though.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, well I only showed up for like 30 minutes at that tourney anyway so that's all I got to play. Between me and Rohins though, you should be able to get alot of Samus practise. :)

Generally, me and Rohins would get together on Tuesday/Thrusday nights. Thursdays seem to be pretty good for Noucles too, though his work schedule isn't quite as set like Rohins is so he works random days at random times. Maybe this thursday we could make it up there.

Does it cost each time you go? I remember when we went back in April we played for free, but it being a new place and all I imagine that may have changed.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
It costs..but its really cheap..and we'll probably take care of it before you get there anyways. Its 1 dollar per controller per hour. So..if you wanna play for an hour..jus bring a dollar. Lol.. We talked to the owner and make it pretty cheap/leniant for us to play..at first it was 4 dollars per person and we were like nooooo. Haha.. Anyways...I'll definately head up there on Thursday if you guys are coming, just keep us informed. I've never played Rohins before, I don't think..and I remember I beat your Samus, but barely.. Tough mofugga. I've gotten better though. Sure you have as well. Practice practice practice. Lol. It'll be nice to have some good people up there...the only really good people I get to play anymore are like..2 of my friends and my teammate x.x

-Aqua

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
That's a pretty good price. I'd be down for playin thursday, I need to get some practice before gigabits hehehe.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget me Aqua! Was I one of the two? :p

Anyways I'm off Thursday!!! Let's hold a smashfest that day in Area 51!

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
Its kinda last minute to host a tourny 2 days from now but heck I'm game for it! All day to myself! I know all the locals will come so...about 8-12 people right off the bat. If noucles comes then I have to get some practice down, I haven't played him but I saw him beat Fenrir in the last tourny. And I thought Fenrir was tough...

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I think that hosting a tourny 2 days from now might be pushing it...but we're planning on having some real soon..Probably in the next 2-3 weeks..and I know he has 2 planned in December...so...I don't know if we'll be doing a tourny thursday, but we can definately have a smash "fest" or whatever. Just get lots of people to go and play Smash. We need to show the owner of A51 that Smash is a big thing..he had a hard time believing us when we told him that Smash is probably the most popular game they have, Lol. I'm eager to play everyone..its been a long time and I *think* I've gotten better. I even helped set up the last tourny and I didn't even play in it, Lol. But it was fun playing the friendlys and all that..

So Thursday it is then? Manko, Rohins...you guys cool with that? It won't be anything huge..but you guys could all come and check out the new place, and of course play a ****load of Smash. Sounds fun to me, I'll be there, if that's what we're doing.

-Aqua
:luigi:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, Thursday should be good. Nocules said he has that day off too so he'd be able to come most likely as well.

...guys, I think exarch meant just have a tourney sometime in general, not on thursday specifically. btw, what two days in December were the tourneys planned for? They probably want to make a thread for them sometime soon.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
*cough*Thread's name is*cough* :p

I'll be there on Thursday for sure!!! Aqua, you did get better. Lol I need to practice cause I got worse.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I figured Exarch might have meant that, its just in the term he wrote it..I was thinking he might have meant Thursday.

Okay, so tomorrow..smash smash smash. What time will you guys be up there? I'll be sure to get all the "Smash" peeps to go..or at least try to go. I'll find out about the dates for the 2 tourneys and I'll post up stuff about them tonight, or something. Let me just get ahold of SaintAnger and I'll get back to you.

-Aqua
:luigi:

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
I'll come at 5 or 6 pm unless any of you all are comming sooner, then I'll come sooner! ;) I don't want to smash alone at like 3pm lol.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
5:00 is most likely a good estimation since Rohins gets home at 4:00 ussually and it's 20 minutes between me & him and 20 minutes to Brandon.

CaptainFalconPP

Smash Rookie
I have a group of friends that are die-hard about Smash and play it everyday and always looking for friendly competion. We all live in the Brandon/Valrico, Florida area so if you guys want to smash, let me know and we will set something up.

CaptainFalconPP

Smash Rookie
We'll be there. What are the fees if we bring our own controllers and maybe our own gamecube? Never been there before so I don't know what to expect.

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
If there's a party of 4 or more then its ONE DOLLAR (good deal) and hour for each person! :) Used to been $4 but we said no (lol Aqua said this earlier). How come you or your friends didn't show up earlier? Especially on tournaments? Just heard about the community?

CaptainFalconPP

Smash Rookie
yeah, pretty new to the boards. Mostly I came here to find people we all can play with. We started playing Smash 64 religiously over the summer, hah pretty much like everyday and night. After we had our fill with 64 we stepped up to melee. We have an "un"official team name, "Team Smoke & Smash", pretty simple, but I'm sure you guys get the point. We have a pretty diverse lineup. C. Falcon, Samus, Mewtwo, Fox and Falco, and if my brother joins, Young Link.

We're definitly coming tomorrow, what time?

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
5 pm! The address is 711 W. Lumsden Rd. Brandon, FL. Bring the whole Smoke & Smash crew! Lol Aqua we should start some crew matches since you started ours! It's a silly name though..."Y'all sum B****es"

Top Bottom