• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournaments!

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Yeah the tournament could have been better but it was still good anyway shoutouts I guess

Hiroshi- Hate sheik so much but one of these days i'm gunna get you

Duckroll- good matches man thanks for hosting a tournament Lime and the rest of whoever we brought probably won't show up for another one though

Rohins- Always good to see you man your Samus is too good...or it could just be my Mario sucks but eh whatever. We'll get in some more Mario dittos one of these days.

Xyz- awesome Falcon man glad I could get in some matches with you

Jenova- Thanks for tagging along your Falcon is getting better keep up the good work

and to everyone else I didn't play/talk to maybe next time

Edit: oh **** I almost forgot. Lime, Jenova, SYM, and myself saw Mario at the Hess station it was amazing I wanted to take a picture with him but that would have been pretty weird

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Props to zoro for getting 2nd. he beasted rohins and I. good ****.

1.QDVS
2.Zoro
3.Rohins
4.xYz
5.Hiroshi

Zoro

Smash Champion
You play marth your straight
I havnt figured out how to play marth yet

HAHA ZORO 2ND
thats the highest ill ever place EVER

Honestly i felt really nervous playing link again but i just slowed down a bit and it helped alot.

XYZ will definitely definitely beat me next time

Rohins I FEEL LIKE **** i hate that i play gay now I was sweating the whole time man.
If you would have stayed mario you would have won. I cannot play mario bros.
Good matches..i still expect that samus trainin. Just cuz i love samus

Queen your a fun guy to be around. Your nasty as always.
I do suck when i play you. No johns, i need to play you more.

AT&T- Al you be nasty boi Join more tourneys!

Lime- We gotta play maaan. Yeah i got out of my crisis i figure its too late in the game to be thinking of switching mains now.Gotta make the best of it.

SO YEA just so you know Im officially maining
Link once more.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
TRUUUUUUUUU zoro, beastin it up!!!! meh, it kinda sucked a lot that we spent more time driving than at the actual tournament. thats pretty weak. like, it was way too small to warrant driving 2 plus hours. duck, no prob with the set-up, i have run two tournaments already, im used to it. monk, no, you will never beat me in a tournament set. i play too much. if i would have just been switched to the other side of the bracket, it would have been all me ******, lol. i'm getting prett tired of losing to samus and watching samus get away with some pretty wetodded stuff. crouch cancel anything into dsmash at 15% and im sent flying off the screen while facing the wrong way. yeah, w/e. pretty sure we wont be coming back to this, but i had fun while i was there. you guys all need to come up to orlando for some gigabits action...peace

-hiroshi

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Dude Zoro don't sweat it man, you played very well :) You had some real nice spacing goin on there. That random Mario combo I got was hillarious too. We definitely need to get friendlies in at the next tournament (giga right?)

Queen is **** as usual. I'll see this cat Wednesday for KENDO SON.

I finally got friendlies with Lime.

Hiroshi ***** my Kirby. Here's the vid of us playin http://youtube.com/watch?v=wXzg0D-cKds

Monk doesn't suck w/ Mario.

SeXYZ <--get it?

Duckroll - Thanks for holding this. I know it was your first time holding a bigger tournament but we all learn from that. You should head on out to Giga tournaments.

If I forgot anyone well ****, sorry.

Edit:

Hiroshi - Way to complain about a matchup that's completely in your favor.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
yay thet torny was aight...to much of a drive tho..next time imma try and hose 1 at a YMCA...i got the whole thing planed out...i got tv's and the whole 9...so hiroshi dont need to bring his tv...lol but ill see whats really good... SHOUT OUT TO EVERY 1 THAT SMASHED IT UP.....but i think the funniest thing is every 1 sayin "smash your mom" lol

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I'm not saying the match-up is totally unplayable just with the combination of my lack of experience and the fact that shiek is Mario's hardest matchup I'm bound to lose

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I play doc for shieks, you should down throw, up tilt, down throw, charged downsmash. At lower percentages, or sub jab for u tilt.

or you can chain grab her as long as you u tilt.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Marth is definitely Mario's worst matchup but I don't get why people are getting excited about Monk saying Sheik's > Mario. It's a flat out truth. Mario's grab is good vs Sheik, no doubt. Mario's grab range is *** though and a Sheik player who knows to avoid this shouldn't have any issues not getting grabbed. Also, Mario's approach game is minimized. Sheik can just stand there, needle, tilt, grab or whatever he really feels like lol.

Also what do you do when you're being edge guarded vs Sheik as Mario? You pray you aren't at a height that needles will **** you or...you really hope Sheik's not holding on the edge to just drop off back air. Yeah Sheik owns Mario.

So yeah, sorry to ramble. Yes Mario's grab is awesome vs Sheik but I don't think it is really all that accessible. It's like using the argument "Marth is incredibly easy to combo". The combos are awesome but you are going to have a pretty hard time setting it up.

edit:

Props to xyz for using Doc vs Sheik. I gotta see that ish.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
just watch matches with hiroshi/OTRU... I always go doc.
wait, dont watch the ones with OTRU... their mad gay. (on both our parts, right joe?)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
to rohins- if i didnt complain would i still be hiroshi? also, it doesnt matter which character has the advantage if you dont know the matchup that well.

to monk - i said THAT as a joke seeing how 1) i knew you weren't serious and 2) i **** you...peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom