• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournaments!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yeah, I just got my schedule and I'm working 4-close. It's about an hour drive, so I'd have to leave by 3:00.

It may be possible for me to come just for teams. You up for it Rohins?

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Mano you dont think 3 hours would be enough for singles? I think it would be, just not that much time for friendlies if you wanted to do alot of those but i think you could get in the singles no problem?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
No, I don't think it'll be enough time for Singles. :p

I'll probably just stay in Tampa anyway though I'm thinking.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
oh what you see me as your last resort for a teammate so you're like "**** that. That Monk kid displeases me. He throws his teammates and calls it teamwork " lol it's alright I'm not even guaranteed to go to this

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I'm going to have to head out early, around 5ish. So I might only be able to do one of the events and then some friendlies.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
YOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! where the fvck did this thread come from??? i'm off this saturday so i'm down to head out to this. dang, colin , you dont know if your going? and i was gonna ask to team again :( how about you queenie? if not, i always got my hungay, if he's even going that is...peace

-hiroshi

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Hah lime finally gives a straight answer! =P And why do u like not want to come now QDVS O.o because it gets bigger you dont want to come? And wOOt for hiro for finally seeing this thread =P

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
****IMPORTANT****​

TOURNAMENT HAS CHANGED ADDRESS, I said this might happen and it has the new address will be 13528 2nd Ave Northeast. Do not panic it is not any farther or shorter in that matter.

This is the place the tournament will be held at so please let everyone know that you think hasnt read this.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should make sure you update the site/the first post with all the info...I know some smashers check the first post for everything before they leave for a tourney and don't like to sift through all the posts in a topic!!!

:colorful:

Zoro

Smash Champion
nah, i dont think so, is it only you and andy in the car? if so i might try to drag along hungay as well. that'll be the 5 in the car. if you are bringing someone else, then nvm....peace

-hiroshi
You should ask instead of telling him whos going in his own car.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hey, is there still a password needed to get to the house?

edit: Oh, and to let you know; I am taking pretty much everybody that posted recently in Jenova's Smash Fest thread lol.

So here is who's coming:
Me (I'm driving, aka lim3)
Jenova (aka slim)
Monk/Honkey/Banana (aka Monk)
Smash Your MOM (aka DR.$)

Can't wait, it is going to be a good end to a bad week. laters :link:

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
HAHA LMAO ROFL... omg a password to get into the house. Dude i am crying laughin, that was never a password tim's house is a gated community thingy and u have to say who your visiting to visit. But no there is no "password" to get into this house lol.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Lime, Anger and Aqua might go to this one as well so it's just going to be a big old sexy party now

also Lime and the rest of the people that rode with him that night back from ts5 know why we hate pass codes "Enter the code...ENTER THE CODE!!! ALRIGHT DRIVE" *gate closes* "DAMMIT!!!"

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
HAHA LMAO ROFL... omg a password to get into the house. Dude i am crying laughin, that was never a password tim's house is a gated community thingy and u have to say who your visiting to visit. But no there is no "password" to get into this house lol.
What I meant was if he lived in a gated community as well. I didn't mean it literally.

@Monk: Dude, that's amazing.

lol at above edit! I hated that gate!

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know you linked to the site but it'd be cool if you gave ALL the info there in the first post like this:

Super Smash Bros Melee will be held at the tournaments. Both 1v1 and 2v2s. Although occasionaly 2v2s will not be held at a tournament, depending on how many people show up/sign up.

Following Rules:

Singles 1v1 and Team 2v2 Events
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Rules = stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = OFF
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Time Limit = 8 minutes

Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.

All matches on TVs. Recommended to bring your own controllers, although not required. (BYOC = Bring Your Own Controller)

Also include the entry info:

Signing up for a game is easy! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN UP, you can just show up. But if you do want to sign up, just go to our Contact Us page and call or fax me ahead of the scheduled date for the tournament you are entering. If you can not call ahead and REALLY want to come it is okay to walk in on game day.

To enter a tournament is $5 for our first tournament. Pricing will change depending on amount of people that sign up.

Prizes will be in cash money and winner for each game will win 70% of the pot for the game you are playing!

Contact info:

Welcome to the Contact Us section. For further information on tournaments, you can call us at one of the following numbers

Main contact

1-(941)-447-3447 : Leave message if i do not answer please.

1-(941)-727-4139 : Ask for J.p

Fax. 1-(941)-727-0988

Email: You can email me at Eatjello_69@hotmail.com Please as the subject put Like SIGNING UP FOR TOURNY or something so i dont count you as spam please.

Or you can email my myspace at www.myspace.com/tastyjello

Location you already have but include the time it starts too:

Super Smash Brothers Melee: 12:00 Noon.

All that info would help people who are too lazy to sift through the site!!!

:)

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stupid edit not working:

Oh and put in the first post too who we have to say we're visiting...I've heard of tourneys before where people get lost/can't get in RIGHT when they are like 5 minutes from the venue cause of some dumb reason!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Jenova99

Smash Journeyman
Well guys for all those who came to the tournament to play smash, we were better off staying in our areas of florida instead of the boonies of bradenton. o well. i got to play some of FL's finest that was cool. Shot out to all the guys of orlando. Solid region of FL. If it wasnt for u guys the tournament wouldnt have been half as decent as it was.
Shoout out to XYZ, AT&T, QVDS, HIROSHI, and Zoro(hope i spelled it right) and if i missed anyone else in orlando.......shout out to u too.

and of course my fellow Tampa Soldiers - LIME(thanks for the ride. always appreciate that good link u got much better) Monk (your still a step above me on the smash ladder. lol excellent mario combo to on hiroshi, that blew my mind) and the newest member to tampa players SMASHYOURMOM( havent got to see you play that much, but from what i saw youve improved alot too.)

oh yeah and shout out to Rohins. Insane samus u have!!! Stay up guys 1

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Hey, thank you everyone that came out to the tournament. I know for you guys it wasnt amazing or anything special but to us Bradenton players it was awsome lol. Thanks for tips and experience. Hope to play with you guys again one day and guess i'll see you guys at gigabites. (thanks Hiro for all the help on the tournament setting up =P)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sorry you drove from Orlando to play only eight other people.

Hiroshi: good to see you still haul around a tv for smash, lol. Sorry we didn't play this time around, next time!

Zoro: Looks like your Link is finally out of that rut. Sorry we didn't get any dittos in, but we shall meet again.

AT&T: Good games man, I hope we can play again in the future.

XYZ: Once again, nice matches. That first match was the best I have been in awhile. Hopefully next time I can give you a better second round.

Queen: I still haven't played you yet,...

Rohins: I finally got in some friendlies. Good stuff, I hope we can meet again before you have to move to the other corner of the country.

Jenova: Good to see you again after such a long time! You have improved since we last met, keep up the good work.

Smash your MOM: Thanks for coming with us man. Sorry we couldn't smash after we left Greg's, Aqua had to get back to Plant City.

laters.! :link:

Top Bottom