• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Tournaments!

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
***IMPORTANT*** Tournament will be held at 13528 2nd Ave Ne, Bradenton, FL 34212-2724, Manatee County, US.

Hey what up all, me and my friends been hosting tournaments down in Bradenton id say bout a 30-35min drive from Tampabay. Next one gonna be on the 15th. Most of us that enter our smashers id say bout 8 of us. WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE!!! IF your down just lemme know, i made a website of the tournaments so you can see rules and locations. Im trying to update it now cuz i have the times wrong we just had our recent tournament and it lasted longer then an hour =P so whenever this junk works i'll update the website for times and the REAL next location. SO yea if you can drive down to bradenton and you want to smash it up, lemme know. Check out the website www.bradentontournaments.tk or hit me up on myspace.com/tastyjello or email Eatjello_69@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you guys and see you guys there.

***IMPORTANT*** Tournament will be held at 13528 2nd Ave Ne, Bradenton, FL 34212-2724, Manatee County, US.

P.S. please be a serious smasher if you want to come.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Saturday, perfect. I'll be there. I'll talk to some people near me and see if they want to go and need a ride.

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
K , yea talk to ur friends get them to come =P But guys im gonna have the tournament at around noon if thats alright with you guys. IF that is to much of a problem just let me know. But as of right now its gonna be on saturday noon. Make sure u check the website to see rules and location.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I don't entirely know, I will have to see If I feel like driving that much that early in the morning. That would be a "maybe".

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
tru, im kinda down to go if that kid rohins is there.

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
ODVS all that infos on the website you lazy bum =P lol j/k but hey heres the info u wanted.
Rules:
Singles 1v1 and Team 2v2 Events
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Rules = stock
Stock = 4
Handicap = OFF
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Time Limit = 8 minutes
Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
All matches on TVs. Recommended to bring your own controllers, although not required. (BYOC = Bring Your Own Controller)

This tournament will be held at 9013 Beacon Manor Terrace. Say your visiting Tim Sorensen. *May change so please check website before you head out on Saturday* =P
Time: 12. noon

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Bradenton Smash Tournament!!!

What:

Super Smash Bros. Melee 1v1 & 2v2 Tourney

Where:

This tournament will be held at 13528 2nd Ave Northeast, Bradenton, FL.. Say that you are visiting Tim Sorensen. **May change so please check website before you head out on Saturday**

When:

September 15th, 2007!!!

Time:

The tournament will start at 12 o'clock noon.

Rules:
  • Singles 1v1 and Team 2v2 Events
  • Best 2 out of 3
  • Finals best 3 out of 5
  • Rules = stock
  • Stock = 4
  • Handicap = OFF
  • Damage Ratio = 1.0
  • Friendly Fire = On
  • Self-destruct = -1
  • Items = Off
  • Time Limit = 8 minutes
  • Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
  • Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
  • Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
  • All matches on TVs. Recommended to bring your own controllers, although not required. (BYOC = Bring Your Own Controller)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There...in that format things are much easier to find out.

:D

Edit: Also I missed my becoming an apprentice... :(
Edit2: Yay! I'm an apprentice :)

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smashboards won't let me edit...

EDIT 2: I see the site says 5 dollars to enter any game and winner gets 70% of the pot...so does this mean it's like this:

Singles = 5 bucks to enter
Doubles = 5 bucks from each teammate to enter

Singles Payout = only winner gets money (70% of pot)
Doubles Payout = only winner gets money (70% of pot)

Is that how it works???

:colorful:

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Yea QDVS thats how we got it right now. But we are thinking to changing it to 60% for winner 30% for 2nd 10% for 3rd. Me, tim, and kent still thinking though but yea.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Is there a chance of you setting back to time one hour? It would give people some extra time to get there without having to get up at a funky hour (speaking for you guys that live in Orlando [if any]). Plus I would give the tourny some extra consideration. It would be a "probably" instead of a "maybe." Thanks.

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
>.< Lime i kinda already told alot of my friends and others on this website as well that it is going to be at 12 =/ Im hoping for you that 1 hour difference doesnt hurt you to much man. It would be awsome if you came out to smash it up. So i dont think so =/ sorry, but please try to come out! Seems like theres going to be some serious smashers comming down!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'll most likely be working, but I may get lucky.

I'll call off work for the tourney after this one though.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
The one hour difference was only a suggestion. My attendance really depends on how much I make this week and how much homework I do or do not have. Of course Monk and freddy will be coming with me if I do show up.

p.s. Here's a question: What about food? Is there anywhere to eat close to the place you are holding the tourny, or you going to order pizza?

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Heck yea man we order pizza. From michangelo's HUGE pizza and drinks/chips. Orr if you guys wanted we could decided that at the place, we can just all drive up to Michangelo's but yea i rather just order? cuz im lazy? haha

And lime you could just do homework after the tourny =P j/k

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I know you are joking, but I work both Friday and Sunday. Saturday is the only day I have off.

I have another question: Are you going to let us chill for friendlies afterwards?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
You will be passing my house and going over the Skyway. I still don't know if I want to go. If Jenova has a smash fest, I will probably go there instead...

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
yea i'll go but you guys know its a 2hour drive, so we'll all splittin the gas tru.
plus I gotta get the split from ICCT2 tourney everyone i guess forgot, tru.
:tnt:

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Yea sorry i couldnt reply to you yesterday Lime i had to go lol. But yea theres gonna be time for friendlies after of course. It would be pretty gay if there wasnt time for that. But you cant like crash at our house though =P

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Yea sorry i couldnt reply to you yesterday Lime i had to go lol. But yea theres gonna be time for friendlies after of course. It would be pretty gay if there wasnt time for that. But you cant like crash at our house though =P
Oh you don't know it yet but we are already there...

we're in your kitchen eaten your foods

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Yo Lime you keep saying you dont know if you wana come, just come man lol =P Im sure you would have time once you got home to do your homework or whatever that needs to be done. And you can have a good time in the afternoon with us smashing man. Just come on out and have a good time :chuckle:

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Maybe, I learned to day that I won't have any time whatsoever on Sunday to do my homework because my stupid manager can't read and scheduled me for two shifts. But I am starting to get pissed because I seem to be getting redonkolous shifts and I am about fed up,... so I may call in sick on Sunday if I still hate the place (good chance of it happening).

and what that has to do with me coming: If a friend of mine and Monk's isn't holding a smash fest, looks like we are coming. There, you happy?! You finally got an answer, now stop pestering. =P

lol, sarcasm starting here^

So cool, friendlies are good. Any of you guys main Link (besides Zoro), I would like to get some friendlies in.

Edit: Hey Rohins, I demand some friendlies with you as well before you finally escape from the "Sunburn" state! Oh, good luck in Washington, looks like you really hate Florida if you are going on the opposite corner of the country.

Edit 2, the sequel: If you end up coming Zoro, we need some more Link dittos!

Top Bottom