• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAMPA TOURNAMENT AUG. 25th. - TWILIGHT SHOWDOWN© 6 Presented by ANGER MANAGEMENT©

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Ok, but like I keep saying: whenever you do, let me or Monk know so we can meet up.

edit: here's an idea

1st- 12 points
2nd- 10 points
3rd- 8 points
4th- 6 points
5th -> 10th- 4 points
11th -> 15th- 2 points
16th -> ... 1 point

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Do it like mario kart then LOL,

Edit- maybe you can do a tour type thing and then have like a grand finals thing with a big prize. only thing is you have to find areas to host them
That's what I want to do. I would prolly have the Grand Finals in Orlando. It would be two separate tournaments. have a tournament for those who got first in the other tournaments from the tour and one standard tournament for everyone to compete in.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I don't like the Mario Kart point system. It doesn't give everybody a point (or does it? lol, I don't remember). I like my idea,... but that is because I am biased by my creation.

edit: Yay me for doing something useful! (at the post below)

vericz

Smash Champion
Ok, but like I keep saying: whenever you do, let me or Monk know so we can meet up.

edit: here's an idea

1st- 12 points
2nd- 10 points
3rd- 8 points
4th- 6 points
5th -> 10th- 4 points
11th -> 15th- 2 points
16th -> ... 1 point
I messed with it a little to keep it with top 8 and top 16.

1st- 12 points
2nd- 10 points
3rd- 8 points
4th- 6 points
5th -> 8th- 4 points
9th -> 16th- 2 points
17th -> ... 1 point

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Depending on the turnout, you may want to alter the points from 5th and on. Maybe like if there are more, start 5th with 5 points and decrease by one at place intervals of 3, 4, or 5. But it is your tournament, which means it is completely up to you.

edit: that's good too, like this post says, you may need/want to alter the points depending on how many people attend.

vericz

Smash Champion
Depending on the turnout, you may want to alter the points from 5th and on. Maybe like if there are more, start 5th with 5 points and decrease by one at place intervals of 3, 4, or 5. But it is your tournament, which means it is completely up to you.

edit: that's good too, like this post says, you may need/want to alter the points depending on how many people attend.
Tweaking it to give people who place lower more points makes no sense since seeding is to keep the good players with a lot of points away from each other. I think keeping the top 4 2 points apart are good, then 5th-8th then 9th-16th. 2 points apart would give a good seeding.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
That makes sense, I don't have much reasoning after I get home from work. I don't know why I wanted tweaking for lower placing attendees. Now that I think of it, it's kinda stupid. Oops. Your (vericz') tweaking does justice for fair placing. Good job.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
With the point system I could do a Twilight Showdown Leader Board thread or something. That way people could see how the top players are at TS. Another thing I would like to do with the leader board is have a Twilight Showdown Challenge. Basically if you want to take on some on the leader board, depending on their ranking you would win so much money if you beat them.

vericz

Smash Champion
With the point system I could do a Twilight Showdown Leader Board thread or something. That way people could see how the top players are at TS. Another thing I would like to do with the leader board is have a Twilight Showdown Challenge. Basically if you want to take on some on the leader board, depending on their ranking you would win so much money if you beat them.
Don't really like the challenge thing but a leaderboard would be cool. are you going to try the seeding points that lime put up??

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hmm, the money challenge thing could pose a problem. Like, it could cause someone to go broke (if they loose a from a challenger many places apart [also assuming the amount of money depends on the amount of spaces between the challenger and 'champion'])

I propose that the winner gets additional points and it could also be a money match. Also, I think that you (Anger) should approve of the match, watch said match, appoint someone/people to watch other challenge matches that you can't so it can move somewhat smoothly.

vericz

Smash Champion
The idea of earning points through a match shouldn't be used. These points should only be gained through tournament results. I like having friendlies and playing for fun so just use the point system for the tournament :)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I agree, there should only be a 3 place gap at most between challenger and the person being challenged. It doesn't necessarily need to be the rank leader.

Anger, you may even consider doing low tier tournaments. So people can show their skillz playing characters other than Falco/Fox/Falcon. Link and Game & Watch ftw!

vericz

Smash Champion
I agree, there should only be a 3 place gap at most between challenger and the person being challenged. It doesn't necessarily need to be the rank leader.

Anger, you may even consider doing low tier tournaments. So people can show their skillz playing characters other than Falco/Fox/Falcon. Link and Game & Watch ftw!
I like low tier tourneys :) My roy and DK get to come out :grin:

Edit- Will doubles be included in seeding??? Maybe both players would receive the points and it will be the same as singles?????

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
The Singles and Doubles point system will be separate as to show who is the top team on the leader board for doubles and who the top single player is on the singles leader board.

As far as the challenge system goes, you can only challenge those within your tier. What your tier is will be based upon points. For instance, a bar will be set that you must clear point wise to enter certain tiers. Say, 50pts is 10th. tier. 100pts. is 9th. tier and so on. Clearly, the base point system for tiers are not set in stone. This is just a reference idea. When you challenge someone it will basically be a money match as we have always done.

What do you guys think it so far?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Then maybe the points should be distributed to the individual team members, this way there won't be any left out teams.

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be better to treat teams as one person. If people team with others, that would make it a different person. It might encourage more constant match-ups with the same people.

So far, so good Anger.

vericz

Smash Champion
I think it'd be better to treat teams as one person. If people team with others, that would make it a different person. It might encourage more constant match-ups with the same people.

So far, so good Anger.
I wouldn't mind either way since I always team with hiroshi, I just know other people who are always switching

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sometimes people team with different people so having top teams might not work too good.
I'm with someone new every time.

Sometimes it's with people like Derf, Fenrir, Rice, RAM, or Colbol and we do really well. Other times it's been Pritch, Kiwiii, or Shadowsquall and we'd place pretty low. Then there's moderate placings like with Rohins, Boomstick, or Jamz.

Granted if I had a standard teammate we'd be able to work together more effectively but I've never had that luxury. So team placings would be pretty accurate for guys like Hiroshi/Vericz or Colbol/OTRU who are always together, but for some of us it's not accurate at all.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Ok. So there some that like the team leader board and some who say it will be difficult to do because of switching team mates. I will work on something that can resolve this issue and make everyone happy.

What do guys think about the tier system I want to use with the leader boards and for MM challenges?

ShadowSquall

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea. Only problem so far is teams. You may have to make special conditions for the ones who switch.

Aqua

Smash Apprentice
Zomg What Ais This, A Basketball?! I Wont To Be On The Chicago Bullz Teams With A Mankosuki And We Score 12 Points Today! Okay! Thankss Too Much Boo
:laugh::embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

GIVE ME 12 POINTS FOR BE ON A TEAM WITH MANKOSUKI FOR IS THIS SHOWDOWN OKAY!!!!! LOL!!!!!

;)

vericz

Smash Champion
Zomg What Ais This, A Basketball?! I Wont To Be On The Chicago Bullz Teams With A Mankosuki And We Score 12 Points Today! Okay! Thankss Too Much Boo
:laugh::embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

GIVE ME 12 POINTS FOR BE ON A TEAM WITH MANKOSUKI FOR IS THIS SHOWDOWN OKAY!!!!! LOL!!!!!

;)
You talking about seeding??? Seeding works soo well in tournaments keeping the better players away from each other so the 2 best people don't play early in the tournament.

As for teams, just give the points to the individuals and whenever 2 people team their points are combined to seed them and after the tournament post the teams and their points combined. Teams will change after every tourney most likely.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
in my opinion the ranking system should only be used to make brackets, that way the really good people play until the end

MM's are individual concerns, the ranking system shouldnt have anything to do with it

Top Bottom