• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa Smash Thread *BEEFY VS THE SUNDAE*

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey Dwho/Viper do you guys have facebooks? Most of Tampa smash is organized through the facebook group which is why this place is dead lol.

OverLade

Smash Hero
You really do. Fest was amazing with Honey Roasted Nick, KeithDX and Razembitsky. Really glad they were able to make it out.

OverLade

Smash Hero
After watching Hrnut play on Saturday I booted it up yesterday actually XD. I'm probably down to play on Friday! :)

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
sup, im from ajcksonville but i move back to tampa, is there a palce where u guy hang and play smash?

for what its worth i play melee and brawl, from what i hear its brawl over here

OverLade

Smash Hero
Mostly Brawl. We play at Play N Trade Tampa (It's on Dale Mabry, google it for directions) during the week and have smashfests on Thursdays! Do you have a facebook? We organize through a facebook group.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hm

maybe.

I don't really know whats happening in my class.
My group projects due today.
And i dont even know whats going on.

radiX/Gallax hydra

Smash Rookie
ELO System- First Update

Will Keep current ELO in the OP of the UCF Brawl in Orlando+CFL PR thread. Remember that this is just an experiment to see how the ELO system reflects what we come with at the end of the PR Season, which will be September 31st. The New rankings will be out no earlier than Oct 1st.

gallax

Smash Hero
In response to the recent tournament that was held in Tampa, I’ve been trying to sort out the mess of how to count it for the PR. While I’m certain that 95% of the people who showed up played their hearts out in order to gain valuable experience and to see how high their level of play is compared to others, I am not sure how to count this tournament for the PR’s for wins and losses seeing as there was no entry fee but yet still a prize for placing. For me, a tournament like this will have top level players sandbagging because they will want to encourage competition from the lower level players, as in the case for mampam who didn’t even use diddy or snake, his best characters. It would be unfair to have this tourney count against him because he was basically there to promote competition and have fun playing smash with other characters. In essence, he was there to have a good time and to have fun with his fellow smashers. But we also have players like Lie and Exdeath who took the tourney seriously and was hoping to gain recognition from their placing. Talking with some of the players involved, the following is what I came up with to solve this problem:

1) This will not be counted as a normal tournament for the ELO system
2) This will be used in the ELO system but in such a way that it benefits everyone
a. I will use ELO to rank players from this alone, and only award bonus points to players who placed well. No one will lose any points.
3) Mampam will not be penalized.
4) Please be honest. If you ever enter a tourney and play seriously and lose then accept your loss and let me know. Just because Mampam lost and is not getting penalized, it does not give you a right to discount your losses if you were 100% when you were playing. Mampam was not even 1% serious about winning, or else he would have busted out his diddy.

Top Bottom