• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Not yet. But even if they aren't considering yet, they probably will if the DGS duology sells well overseas.
Honestly I'm surprised they're going with TGAA duology before Investigations 2. Miles is more recognizable for anyone who's not a Ace Attorney fan and the first Investigations game was already localized. They 'just' needed to localize the sequel, improve resolutions and everything, and I think that would be it.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but if they're localizing TGAA I'm convinced, as you said, that there's a high chance of Investigations Duology happening. Assuming both TGAA and/or AA7 sell well.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The thing about AAI2 is that, from what I've heard at least, Capcom knows the fan localization exists, and have subtly directed people in its direction when they ask about a localized version of the game.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The thing about AAI2 is that, from what I've heard at least, Capcom knows the fan localization exists, and have subtly directed people in its direction when they ask about a localized version of the game.
I would still like to own the game officially too and not just a longplay since I own all the other games that have been officially released in the West. I would appreciate the option

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

there are even some Screenshots. about the DGS Trilogy

Lets turn this into some very Crack-fueled Smash Speculation Phoenix & Maya Come to Smash to promote this and they have 3 Alternate costumes
-Miles Edgeworth & Kay
-Apollo Justice & Trucy
-Ryunosuke Naruhodo & Susato

This would probably work better if it was just Phoenix by himself but that would be lame...
Phoenix should be Phoenix, he doesn't need to be a Hero type character.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Phoenix should be Phoenix, he doesn't need to be a Hero type character.
Same. I would rather see Phoenix with faithful alt colors just like Shulk, than seeing Edgeworth doing goofy stuff or Apollo using the magatama instead of his bracelet. Ace Attorney characters are unique in their own subtle ways.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Same. I would rather see Phoenix with faithful alt colors just like Shulk, than seeing Edgeworth doing goofy stuff or Apollo using the magatama instead of his bracelet. Ace Attorney characters are unique in their own subtle ways.
Hero worked because those characters are basically all silent protagonists and are kinda devoid of personality. About the only thing you can do with Phoenix would be to give him an echo fighter with small changes in animations, taunts and stuff. I don't think we'll be getting DLC echoes though, so just Phoenix it is.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

there are even some Screenshots. about the DGS Trilogy

Lets turn this into some very Crack-fueled Smash Speculation Phoenix & Maya Come to Smash to promote this and they have 3 Alternate costumes
-Miles Edgeworth & Kay
-Apollo Justice & Trucy
-Ryunosuke Naruhodo & Susato

This would probably work better if it was just Phoenix by himself but that would be lame...
This is such a big update, I had to make my return to these stomping grounds.

How ya'll doing here??

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Were do you think would Phoenix be on the banner? This seems to be the perfect spot here:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Yo if those future plans for AA7 and 4-6 are true, Capcom giving Ace Attorney some much needed attention is pretty damn huge.
Capcom negotiating with Netflix to put the anime is something I find very interesting, since if you ask me, thats a VERY clear sign that they are interested in going the extra mile in promoting AA. And if they go one step further, it could mean an invitation to Smash.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You guys have to remember next year is the 20th anniversary of Ace Attorney as a whole. So, those localization plans for 2021 make sense. Though, if anything for Capcom, it would've been cheaper to localize AAI2, stick it in a 2 pack with the first AAI since that already had a port for modern systems, and it's a request fans wanted to see done for years

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Were do you think would Phoenix be on the banner? This seems to be the perfect spot here:
Seeing all the replies asking "What would he even do?" etc. makes me sad. It shows how many people lack the creativity to see past the obvious conventional movesets.

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
You guys have to remember next year is the 20th anniversary of Ace Attorney as a whole. So, those localization plans for 2021 make sense. Though, if anything for Capcom, it would've been cheaper to localize AAI2, stick it in a 2 pack with the first AAI since that already had a port for modern systems, and it's a request fans wanted to see done for years
It kinda does make sense to localize DGS first if you think about it. Like Investigations 2, there's already a fan translation and demand for localization, but it's also an entirely new storyline instead of a spin-off that requires you to have played the trilogy first. This would make for a good place to start the series (only assuming this though since I haven't played it yet). Plus, it's being bundled with the trilogy, a much more obvious starting point, and the anime being available on streaming platforms combined with the publicity from the 20th anniversary is probably going to get new people interested in the franchise.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not specifically Phoenix related, but just thought y'all would wanna know that the Capcom leaks are still a-comin'. Ragnar Locker (the group who stole the data in the first place) just posted more of what they got.

So we could still be gettin' more Capcom-related news in the days to come.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Not specifically Phoenix related, but just thought y'all would wanna know that the Capcom leaks are still a-comin'. Ragnar Locker (the group who stole the data in the first place) just posted more of what they got.

So we could still be gettin' more Capcom-related news in the days to come.
I just saw Street Fighter 6 being a thing, which obviously was in development. Don't know if there's more.

If there's a Capcom rep in Pass 2 Nintendo is probably very nervous about what the hackers managed to stole.

Imagine if FP8 is a Capcom fighter and Nintendo decides to announce the identity of the character earlier than they scheduled in order to avoid a leak lol

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just saw Street Fighter 6 being a thing, which obviously was in development. Don't know if there's more.

If there's a Capcom rep in Pass 2 Nintendo is probably very nervous about what the hackers managed to stole.

Imagine if FP8 is a Capcom fighter and Nintendo decides to announce the identity of the character earlier than they scheduled in order to avoid a leak lol
surely though the leaks are mostly about things that are happening within capcom itself? would they find anything beyond they're licencing this character to nintendo which could mean any number of things?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
surely though the leaks are mostly about things that are happening within capcom itself? would they find anything beyond they're licencing this character to nintendo which could mean any number of things?
That honestly we don't know. I think a Smash character could be mentioned, but I also think it might be not the case.

For example, in one of Ace Attorney's sliders that has been leaked (one about TGAA) they talk about bringing the anime to other platforms, such as Netflix and Prime Video, after seeing the good results of the anime in Crunchyroll.
It's not the same as a videogame crossover, but I could see something like "X character from X series will appear as DLC in Smash Ultimate, which will help us to promote X upcoming game".

Just speculation of course.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That honestly we don't know. I think a Smash character could be mentioned, but I also think it might be not the case.

For example, in one of Ace Attorney's sliders that has been leaked (one about TGAA) they talk about bringing the anime to other platforms, such as Netflix and Prime Video, after seeing the good results of the anime in Crunchyroll.
It's not the same as a videogame crossover, but I could see something like "X character from X series will appear as DLC in Smash Ultimate, which will help us to promote X upcoming game".

Just speculation of course.
just have to wait and see then

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
As part of the leaks, we got info about how they took money from Google and Sony, the specific amounts, and what they were for (RE7 and 8 on Google Stadia, and exclusivity for RE7 demos and the VR version for PS4, respectively).

Given that I think if we were to get information about a Smash character it would be very specific, and not just "licensed X character to Nintendo".

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As part of the leaks, we got info about how they took money from Google and Sony, the specific amounts, and what they were for (RE7 and 8 on Google Stadia, and exclusivity for RE7 demos and the VR version for PS4, respectively).

Given that I think if we were to get information about a Smash character it would be very specific, and not just "licensed X character to Nintendo".
huh, if that much has been leaked they probably would have found a smash character

of course if there is no smash infor leaked we'll probably all take it as it doesnt prove anything

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 292129

DGS2 just so happened to be randomly removed from all digital storefronts after a leak came out showing that it's coming to Switch and PS4?

How interesting.
That’s particularly curious since the other mobile versions of games weren’t pulled when they went to other platforms. Heck, the mobile version usually comes out LATER.

Peculiar indeed.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
huh, if that much has been leaked they probably would have found a smash character

of course if there is no smash infor leaked we'll probably all take it as it doesnt prove anything
I'm sure it's not the entire database that's been compromised. Unless there is some explicit mention of Smash that doesn't mention Phoenix, I say that we can probably remain hopeful.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Not all of the info's out yet. The last few days of news have just been people sifting through the initial 60GB dump (out of 1TB). I'm not sure if that's even done yet, but apparently they dropped 22GB today. It'll take a while before we know everything that's been hacked.

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly hoping that no Smash characters get leaked. Roy and Ryu getting leaked in Smash 4 severely butchered their hype. I don't think a lot of people's reactions to their official reveal were more than just going "hey, cool, they're in now."

I want to see people going nuts over Phoenix.
I want to see people with no experience with Ace Attorney point at their screen wildly while yelling Objection.
I want to see people who get their dream pick in Nick have hype-filled breakdowns on camera.

Last edited:

Lazyrex

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly hoping that no Smash characters get leaked. Roy and Ryu getting leaked in Smash 4 severely butchered their hype. I don't think a lot of people's reactions to their official reveal were more than just going "hey, cool, they're in now."

I want to see people with no experience with Ace Attorney point at their screen wildly while yelling Objection.
I want to see people who get their dream pick in Nick have hype-filled breakdowns on camera.
I am really hoping that if there was a capcom character in the leak and it was gonna be the next one that Nintendo would just release the reveal early in order to still get the hype reveal

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure it's not the entire database that's been compromised. Unless there is some explicit mention of Smash that doesn't mention Phoenix, I say that we can probably remain hopeful.
thats what i was saying, sort of

Not all of the info's out yet. The last few days of news have just been people sifting through the initial 60GB dump (out of 1TB). I'm not sure if that's even done yet, but apparently they dropped 22GB today. It'll take a while before we know everything that's been hacked.
geez you gotta feel bad for capcom

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace

I kind of do want to see a character leak, not because I want to know who the character is but because we'll likely also find out:
How much Nintendo pays for DLC characters
How many people at the 3rd Party actually know about the character
What the negotiation process actually entails
How involved other developers are with the creative process

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I kind of do want to see a character leak, not because I want to know who the character is but because we'll likely also find out:
How much Nintendo pays for DLC characters
How many people at the 3rd Party actually know about the character
What the negotiation process actually entails
How involved other developers are with the creative process
That's true, if we got verified, insider knowledge on how Smash negotiations are carried out, that would potentially change speculation forever.

It's pretty surreal to even be considering these scenarios, but this leak has been something else.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's true, if we got verified, insider knowledge on how Smash negotiations are carried out, that would potentially change speculation forever.
and then wed spend so much time explaining how it actually works to people in the rate theirs chances thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Seeing how iron-clad leakproofing for Ultimate DLC has been recently, I doubt that Capcom would have info like that, it would be on Sak's side of things.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised to not see any Smash info at all. Resident Evil being relegated to a spirit event makes me think they may not be prioritizing new characters so much for this time.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Seeing how iron-clad leakproofing for Ultimate DLC has been recently, I doubt that Capcom would have info like that, it would be on Sak's side of things.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised to not see any Smash info at all. Resident Evil being relegated to a spirit event makes me think they may not be prioritizing new characters so much for this time.
Legally they'd have to have something, it could be well hidden but it'd have to be there.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If they've gotten through 10% or less of a terabyte's worth of information, it'll be a good while before we have any definite news regarding Smash if there is anything

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Capcom has recently been taking down images of the leaks, so we may have seen the last of the info. On the plus side, it looks like DGS really is being localized because of this.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Capcom has recently been taking down images of the leaks, so we may have seen the last of the info. On the plus side, it looks like DGS really is being localized because of this.
DGS is pretty much happening. The info was recent.
What doesn't feel like a lock, at least to me, it's AA7

Top Bottom