• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
This is cool. Among Us x Ace Attorney

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Monster Hunter Switch announcements getting their own Direct outside of the partners showcase. How often does that happen?

Still though, it's a pretty bold move for Capcom to do this outside of TGS itself. First DMCVSE on PS5, now this.
Not really, I'd say? Sometimes companies announce games shortly before TGS (or any other event), only to then show gameplan and an in-depth trailer of said game.

I'm guessing we should get something more from them for TGS. Resident Evil 8 and DMC5 Special Edition are probably gonna be there plus Monster Hunter Rise, which is already confirmed to be there.
I COULD see some AA related announcement. But I'm not really sure it's gonna be AA7 to be honest. That's a reveal big enough to be part of a Direct, it shouldn't be a problem for the game, if it exists, to have appeared in the Partner Showcase, when any AA game would be for sure either exclusive to Nintendo or with the marketing and promotion appearing only on Nintendo Directs.

So if we get AA next week what I think it's most likely is AA4/5/6, which would be nice. That's better than nothing.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Not really, I'd say? Sometimes companies announce games shortly before TGS (or any other event), only to then show gameplan and an in-depth trailer of said game.

I'm guessing we should get something more from them for TGS. Resident Evil 8 and DMC5 Special Edition are probably gonna be there plus Monster Hunter Rise, which is already confirmed to be there.
I COULD see some AA related announcement. But I'm not really sure it's gonna be AA7 to be honest. That's a reveal big enough to be part of a Direct, it shouldn't be a problem for the game, if it exists, to have appeared in the Partner Showcase, when any AA game would be for sure either exclusive to Nintendo or with the marketing and promotion appearing only on Nintendo Directs.

So if we get AA next week what I think it's most likely is AA4/5/6, which would be nice. That's better than nothing.
It was revealed on the TGS website that they will talk more about upcoming Monster Hunter games during the Capcom TGS program.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
Maybe my thinking is off here, but isn't it a little strange to have a big sale a week before a remaster is announced? From Capcom's perspective, I'd imagine they would want more people to get the remaster instead. And from the consumer's POV, there might be some people that wish they waited to get the newer version of the game (or atleast have the info to make an informed decision)?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm, not even a new Great installment? Ah well, I'm pretty sure it's just Capcom hyperfocusing on a handful of IPs, as usual. We'll probably hear something once DMC gets a break.

I just want to know what Shu Takumi has been doing all this time...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there no hope for any new announcements?

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
It seems they're sticking to previously announced stuff at the main presentations. Perhaps there'd be new announcements elsewhere? I do find it funny that MH Rise was revealed prior rather than being revealed at TGS proper, but I'm not holding my breath.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Things are looking grim.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Wait a second.... what is this:

The Capcom Special Program starts in already 2,5 hours and wasn't mentioned in the schedule from the quotet tweet above. Any chances we might maaaaayyyybe see an Ace Attorney announcement here?

Capcoms description " Tune in for announcements featuring Resident Evil Village and more!"
and on the official website: "Reveals and latest game updates are planned for titles such as MONSTER HUNTER RISE, MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: WINGS OF RUIN, Resident Evil Village, and more!".

There is a shimmer of hope!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wyoming Wyoming
1601039491214.png

Can you update this please? This is my new account. I was the old ShinyLegendary account that no longer exists.

What I mean is replace the old ShinyLegendary link with this account's link.

Last edited by a moderator:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
There are more Capcom news at TGS. Tomorrow and the 27th they have more panels for RE8, Monster Hunter, DMC5 and Street Fighter V.

If there's gonna be a new game announced, I don't know. At this point I don't think so. If there's an Ace Attorney 7 reveal soon, it's probably gonna happen in a Partner Showcase.

D

Deleted member

I am on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Justice for All in the final chapter... Right now I am playing another game, but after this game, I will try to beat this.

I heard the chapter is fantastic.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
It's so heartbreaking to finally check Capcom's showcase and see nothing for Ace Attorney. So this is how Mega Man fans felt..... at least Takumi is still in the company but it seems like unless a new director steps in to take Yamazaki's place, AA is going to fill the same spot Mega Man was in for years. And I dread that.

I hope we at least get the Sequel Trilogy, even if those are not the most popular games, it's something (I gave up hoping for AAI2, the official translated names would be weird to get used to anyway).

Top Bottom