• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So no Ash Ketchum then. ;~;
Arguable. Sakurai did confirm Pokemon Trainer was not literally Ash. He didn't say anything about what PT was based upon in any possible way during the same interview. While his physical appearance is obviously Red's, his Pokemon choices notoriously mirror Ash's too. Ash specifically had a Squirtle, a Bulbasaur who nearly turned into an Ivyasaur, and a Charizard. He's also gone on record to say he looks at more than just the games anyway, so the theory is reasonable. Charizard was the only one popular among the games specifically, too. But who knows. Squirtle/Wartortle and Bulbasaur/Ivysaur are interchangeable in design and even practically physical size. Squirtle's biggest popularity came from the anime and his Squirtle Squad stuff. So even if it wasn't 100% the anime, it did influence a lot of his popularity. Ivysaur is just the "last guy" either way.

On another note, I'm facepalming at one of the most ignorant users on there called DEDEDE.

He's so set in stone that "everything showed is 100% definite for the games" without paying attention to everything Sakurai has said before. He's already said things could change before release. While I think most stuff on Miiverse shown is probably set in stone, you have to realize, man, that it's not really 100% guaranteed. Not till game release.

Never mind he does zero research on Sakurai's articles, so he knows nothing about how Pokemon are chosen, how 3rd Parties officially work(no, originating in a video game isn't a criteria, people. It's reasonable to assume one that doesn't fit that is extremely unlikely, but that doesn't make it guaranteed they have zero chance of being in). Or my favorite; "Ridley totally won't be in. Sakurai confirmed him as a boss." We all know he didn't, he definitely implied that's possible. Is it that hard to get that it wasn't confirmed? Did we see him say "Ridley's a stage hazard" or "Ridley's a boss"? Did we see him fly out of the opening in the Pyrosphere? All of that is a big fat no. What's more laughable is he and other trolls think going on a topic I made that outright says "Don't talk about whether Ridley can be in or not, just discuss his moves." just to say "He isn't in". Yeah. Nobody cares. I always delete those, since no, they blatantly aren't allowed and the topic made that clear. Now, discussing what he'd do as a stage hazard is completely allowed, since I said "how'd he attack" and such. I don't have an issue with that whatsoever, since it's still discussing his moves, you know? But hey, trolls will be trolls. I'm not going to post the Miiverse post of mine, though. You know, advertising rules and all. But yeah, oy.

Sorry for the venting.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Arguable. Sakurai did confirm Pokemon Trainer was not literally Ash. He didn't say anything about what PT was based upon in any possible way during the same interview. While his physical appearance is obviously Red's, his Pokemon choices notoriously mirror Ash's too. Ash specifically had a Squirtle, a Bulbasaur who nearly turned into an Ivyasaur, and a Charizard. He's also gone on record to say he looks at more than just the games anyway, so the theory is reasonable. Charizard was the only one popular among the games specifically, too. But who knows. Squirtle/Wartortle and Bulbasaur/Ivysaur are interchangeable in design and even practically physical size. Squirtle's biggest popularity came from the anime and his Squirtle Squad stuff. So even if it wasn't 100% the anime, it did influence a lot of his popularity. Ivysaur is just the "last guy" either way.

On another note, I'm facepalming at one of the most ignorant users on there called DEDEDE.

He's so set in stone that "everything showed is 100% definite for the games" without paying attention to everything Sakurai has said before. He's already said things could change before release. While I think most stuff on Miiverse shown is probably set in stone, you have to realize, man, that it's not really 100% guaranteed. Not till game release.

Never mind he does zero research on Sakurai's articles, so he knows nothing about how Pokemon are chosen, how 3rd Parties officially work(no, originating in a video game isn't a criteria, people. It's reasonable to assume one that doesn't fit that is extremely unlikely, but that doesn't make it guaranteed they have zero chance of being in). Or my favorite; "Ridley totally won't be in. Sakurai confirmed him as a boss." We all know he didn't, he definitely implied that's possible. Is it that hard to get that it wasn't confirmed? Did we see him say "Ridley's a stage hazard" or "Ridley's a boss"? Did we see him fly out of the opening in the Pyrosphere? All of that is a big fat no. What's more laughable is he and other trolls think going on a topic I made that outright says "Don't talk about whether Ridley can be in or not, just discuss his moves." just to say "He isn't in". Yeah. Nobody cares. I always delete those, since no, they blatantly aren't allowed and the topic made that clear. Now, discussing what he'd do as a stage hazard is completely allowed, since I said "how'd he attack" and such. I don't have an issue with that whatsoever, since it's still discussing his moves, you know? But hey, trolls will be trolls. I'm not going to post the Miiverse post of mine, though. You know, advertising rules and all. But yeah, oy.

Sorry for the venting.
Yeah, Pikachu is probably Ash's, too. But anyway, I am disappointed that Pokémon Trainer (most likely) was cut. I was thinking about the possible skins he could have (Ash, Leaf, etc.).

Yeah, I've noticed people say "SAKURAI CONFIRMED ONLY ONE 3RD PARTY CHARACTER PER SERIES". But I've looked all over the place for that quote and haven't found it. But I guess it's pretty reasonable to assume.

Venting's fine with me, man, I've dealt with many crazy people on Miiverse, one who argued with me for sooooo lonnnnnggggg about whether Paper Mario was a spin off or not. I said it was a spin off (though I guess it's more of a sub-series), he said it was a main game, he kept telling me "silance fool", ughughugh.

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC, is it okay to post my "Sonic annoys the Smash 4 characters" SSB community drawings here, or is that advertising?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
-image removed-
You can re-insert the image after removing the profane words.
:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, Pikachu is probably Ash's, too. But anyway, I am disappointed that Pokémon Trainer (most likely) was cut. I was thinking about the possible skins he could have (Ash, Leaf, etc.).
I think he should've had that in Brawl. Ash is based upon Red, of course. And yeah, that Pikachu does seem to be based upon Ash's. Remember Thunder Jolt? The name came from the card game, but Pikachu uses only a move like that in an Anime episode, the Problem with Paras. Notably, it's called Electric Shock even in the Dub. That's the Japanese name of Thunder Jolt in Smash. While this doesn't confirm it being from the Anime, this does make it seem likely. Plus, his other special moves were exactly the ones from the Anime too in 64. Thunder and Quick Attack. Strange, isn't it?

Yeah, I've noticed people say "SAKURAI CONFIRMED ONLY ONE 3RD PARTY CHARACTER PER SERIES". But I've looked all over the place for that quote and haven't found it. But I guess it's pretty reasonable to assume.

Venting's fine with me, man, I've dealt with many crazy people on Miiverse, one who argued with me for sooooo lonnnnnggggg about whether Paper Mario was a spin off or not. I said it was a spin off (though I guess it's more of a sub-series), he said it was a main game, he kept telling me "silance fool", ughughugh.
Well, the thing about Mario is that it has no canon, so spin-offs is highly debatable in that. That said, I think the fact it takes place in a different universe entirely should make it a spin-off.(although Gaiden Game is another appropriate term)

Anyway, it's true Sakurai didn't confirm one third party per series. However, it's fair to assume it'll stay that way. Just not to say that's guaranteed. I lean towards that being the case. Now, let's say Square-Enix shows up with a character. In that scenario, having Geno(as a Mario rep) and say, Black Mage, isn't beyond unbelievable. Highly doubtful, but you get what I mean? I don't think Shadow would show up outside of an Assist. But maybe more than one Assist Trophy per third party series would work.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I think he should've had that in Brawl. Ash is based upon Red, of course. And yeah, that Pikachu does seem to be based upon Ash's. Remember Thunder Jolt? The name came from the card game, but Pikachu uses only a move like that in an Anime episode, the Problem with Paras. Notably, it's called Electric Shock even in the Dub. That's the Japanese name of Thunder Jolt in Smash. While this doesn't confirm it being from the Anime, this does make it seem likely. Plus, his other special moves were exactly the ones from the Anime too in 64. Thunder and Quick Attack. Strange, isn't it?
Keeping Pika based on the anime is good since its the most famous pikachu but i've never understood skull bash i believe pikachu cant even learn that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Keeping Pika based on the anime is good since its the most famous pikachu but i've never understood skull bash i believe pikachu cant even learn that.
He could in one of the 1st Gen games via TM 40. And agreed. I really like the anime influence on each Pokemon. I feel it's very healthy and gives them a, if you will, easy moveset to work with. Greninja is an exception since he has yet to be shown in the Anime, of course.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
He could in one of the 1st Gen games via TM 40. And agreed. I really like the anime influence on each Pokemon. I feel it's very healthy and gives them a, if you will, easy moveset to work with. Greninja is an exception since he has yet to be shown in the Anime, of course.
and since ash has him he never will since ash never evolves his Pokemon :p Oh skull bash in gen 1 there u go been a while since i played the originals.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Anyway, it's true Sakurai didn't confirm one third party per series. However, it's fair to assume it'll stay that way. Just not to say that's guaranteed. I lean towards that being the case. Now, let's say Square-Enix shows up with a character. In that scenario, having Geno(as a Mario rep) and say, Black Mage, isn't beyond unbelievable. Highly doubtful, but you get what I mean? I don't think Shadow would show up outside of an Assist. But maybe more than one Assist Trophy per third party series would work.
thinking about it, if, by any rare stretch of the imagination, Sakurai came up front and said that Capcom or Bandai-Namco get 2 reps, I imagine Miiverse would explode

but is that really a bad thing?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
thinking about it, if, by any rare stretch of the imagination, Sakurai came up front and said that Capcom or Bandai-Namco get 2 reps, I imagine Miiverse would explode

I think for miiverse to explain they go to sega first and go to who ever owns Goku and ask him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
and since ash has him he never will since ash never evolves his Pokemon :p Oh skull bash in gen 1 there u go been a while since i played the originals.
Charizard, Torterra, Pidgeot... :p Yeah, I know you're joking. However, he hasn't evolved his Water starters, so that is a fair point.

I always wondered why he couldn't learn it in FireRed/LeafGreen or even a Tutor...

Which part, exploding or 2 reps? Well, Bandai and Namco are partially separate to be fair. Imagine Agumon(he never originated in a Manga/Anime, and was in a video game, although some called those toys.) and any fun Namco character. But considering they're being given no special consideration, I highly doubt they'd get 2. Capcom I'd be fine with. In the UK division, they notably said that they liked M. Bison as a Street Fighter choice. Also, Sakurai said he won't add in characters from fighting games similar to a playable one in Smash. So Ryu(who would be similar to Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario as is) is a big no no. Bison at least has a lot of unique moves, but I doubt any Street Fighter character. Sadly, Darkstalkers isn't much better. Morrigan and Dimaetri, the main characters, are both shotoclones(similar to Ryu). However, notably, Donovan, essentially the Luigi of the games(except not a coward) plays very different from other sword users, able to make his sword attack like a projectile. He'd be my realistic alternate pick from a different franchise. Otherwise, if two MegaMan characters? Zero or Pharaoh Man(cause the cartoon. Pharaoh Man is awesome there).

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Charizard, Torterra, Pidgeot... :p Yeah, I know you're joking. However, he hasn't evolved his Water starters, so that is a fair point.
Yea i was joking i never personally understood y it was a joke maybe its because he never evokes pikachu but yea he never evolves squirtle etc but i guess we will see lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yea i was joking i never personally understood y it was a joke maybe its because he never evokes pikachu but yea he never evolves squirtle etc but i guess we will see lol.
He's said it before; He doesn't need to evolve to win. He just needs to train and respect each Pokemon's choice to do as they please on it. He has a huge heart.

Anyway, going back to DEDEDE for a moment, I finally convinced him to agree that "Ridley is likely to be a stage hazard", which is a step in the right direction. He finally understands that, because well, that's what it is. His role is unconfirmed, we have hints of that. But I still somewhat laugh at people calling him a "boss" again, when bosses are a completely different thing in SSB. -_-

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Which part, exploding or 2 reps? Well, Bandai and Namco are partially separate to be fair. Imagine Agumon(he never originated in a Manga/Anime, and was in a video game, although some called those toys.) and any fun Namco character. But considering they're being given no special consideration, I highly doubt they'd get 2. Capcom I'd be fine with. In the UK division, they notably said that they liked M. Bison as a Street Fighter choice. Also, Sakurai said he won't add in characters from fighting games similar to a playable one in Smash. So Ryu(who would be similar to Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario as is) is a big no no. Bison at least has a lot of unique moves, but I doubt any Street Fighter character. Sadly, Darkstalkers isn't much better. Morrigan and Dimaetri, the main characters, are both shotoclones(similar to Ryu). However, notably, Donovan, essentially the Luigi of the games(except not a coward) plays very different from other sword users, able to make his sword attack like a projectile. He'd be my realistic alternate pick from a different franchise. Otherwise, if two MegaMan characters? Zero or Pharaoh Man(cause the cartoon. Pharaoh Man is awesome there).
the exploding part :p for some reason, I feel that if Capcom were to get a 2nd rep, it'd probably be either a 2nd Megaman rep, or Arthur from the Ghost 'n' Goblins franchise, and if Bandai-Namco were given special consideration, they'd probably choose Pac-Man and a character from one of their other franchises (which I personally wouldn't mind too much, since that would make the Pac-Man fans, and the actual Bandai-Namco fans happy)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
the exploding part :p for some reason, I feel that if Capcom were to get a 2nd rep, it'd probably be either a 2nd Megaman rep, or Arthur from the Ghost 'n' Goblins franchise, and if Bandai-Namco were given special consideration, they'd probably choose Pac-Man and a character from one of their other franchises (which I personally wouldn't mind too much, since that would make the Pac-Man fans, and the actual Bandai-Namco fans happy)
I'm okay with that. I think that if a third party can have a second character, it's likely to be from another franchise. Sounds good to me~

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
SONIC ANNOYS THE SMASH 4 CHARACTERS
Though I am missing a few, I'll draw those later.

(this is why I don't draw DK from memory)

These are all old, 5 minute sketches. XD

Top Bottom