• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
HERE'S MORE OF MY STUFF

(These pics go with the screenshot)

I guarantee that you will find at least 0 of these to be funny.

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
okay, so I was thinking that I'd give the Miiverse Pac-Man fanboys a break, I MAY have been a bit harsh on them, but I've decided that I was gonna quit pointing out most of their idiocy.....

that is, until they started saying that Pac-Man was confirmed because there was a cloud in the Charizard/Greninja trailer that apparently looks like Pac-Man

It's Ridley, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, and Master Hand in the clouds all over again!

SonicMario

Smash Master

With the fact we have Ashley as an Assist Trophy. Plus Wario's "W" symbol appearing at least once in the Direct. Plus the fact even if you ignore those, Wario already had around the same amount of chance to return as Yoshi despite being a Brawl newcomer. This guy is in for a rude awakening sooner or later...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

With the fact we have Ashley as an Assist Trophy. Plus Wario's "W" symbol appearing at least once in the Direct. Plus the fact even if you ignore those, Wario already had around the same amount of chance to return as Yoshi despite being a Brawl newcomer. This guy is in for a rude awakening sooner or later...
Ugh. I remember him. His severely bad reasoning is "he's too gross". Never mind Sakurai added those gross attacks to his Brawl self in the first place, meaning that that's irrelevant, but even then, if there was actual backlash at this grossout, wouldn't Sakurai just make him a bit less gross? I don't much like the Wario Waft myself. It doesn't have to stay, and he doesn't pick his nose much at all. I think that was purely during the Opening of the actual game and during the SSE itself only? I forget if he had any taunts like that. He's barely "gross" at all.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy! I got a couple of good ones from Please Sakurai and Bad Miiverse Posts!

This is Smash Miiverse in a nutshell if it doesn't involve Goku.

I heard that Pronto Man was supposed to be a Robot Master in Mega Man... but he was cut due to his impatience for when his debut would come.

This is a pretty messed up story.

I'm... sorry?

My X-ray specs and leak technology show your inevitable disappointment.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Oh boy! I got a couple of good ones from Please Sakurai and Bad Miiverse Posts!

This is Smash Miiverse in a nutshell if it doesn't involve Goku.

I heard that Pronto Man was supposed to be a Robot Master in Mega Man... but he was cut due to his impatience for when his debut would come.

This is a pretty messed up story.

I'm... sorry?

My X-ray specs and leak technology show your inevitable disappointment.
Dorel pretty much summed up the entire Super Smash Bros. community in 2 consecutive, annoying words

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYntl6TU1g

Oh, god. The ridiculouslessness. Tons of Hatty.

Some of them are getting deleted, thankfully. I honestly don't even care about silly or nigh impossible requests, just as long as they're not being spammed. It more bothers me when people think that "they must be first from a video game to get in" was a factor. It's definitely more likely for a character to appear if they didn't appear from a Cartoon, whatever. Not going to lie about that; But his actual criteria is strictly "No Manga/Anime characters". So having to constantly remind people that their suggestions are not 100% impossible(just 99.9%) gets tedious. :urg:

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

LOL. This guy kept posting on my status saying Yoshi is returning (after numerous drawings of mine on Sakurai's PotD's saying he's gonna return in Smash 5). Then Yoshi got revealed and said "I told you so, I proved you wrong". I said the drawings aren't meant to be taken seriously and that everyone knows Yoshi is returning. He ended up still not getting the idea. I often wonder if he's 12 or a troll, or both. :yoshi64:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
LOL. This guy kept posting on my status saying Yoshi is returning (after numerous drawings of mine on Sakurai's PotD's saying he's gonna return in Smash 5). Then Yoshi got revealed and said "I told you so, I proved you wrong". I said the drawings aren't meant to be taken seriously and that everyone knows Yoshi is returning. He ended up still not getting the idea. I often wonder if he's 12 or a troll, or both. :yoshi64:
Your posts should be taken seriously. Sakurai considers the games to be Smash 4 and 5. If Yoshi doesn't return for Smash 5, than that means he is only in one of the games. :dizzy:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's a troll. He doesn't listen to reasoning or even understand rules on Miiverse. For instance, you can't go around linking stuff, so of course people won't cite things they brought up. What we'll do is tell you the information and you can go Google it instead. Don't whine and just do it. Not hard.

Cause I still laugh at the idea that Mewtwo has no chance to come back. First, anybody who does research in the game itself knows there's 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl(All-Star Mode proves that, then there's the fact you need to go through 39 times in Classic... where only the select screen suggests there's 35. But Sakurai outright said the game has 39 characters). It's a different tangent, but the facts and Sakurai's own word kind of trumps it all. This is pretty much why expecting 6 playable Pokemon in For is perfectly normal, you know?

Your posts should be taken seriously. Sakurai considers the games to be Smash 4 and 5. If Yoshi doesn't return for Smash 5, than that means he is only in one of the games. :dizzy:
To be fair, Yoshi has 3DS and Wii U screens. He's in both. That, and we know the same characters will be in both versions. Sakurai did say both versions could be considered Smash 4 and 5. So I can understand people outcrying against Yoshi being in one and not the other. He's a staple and all.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
He's a troll. He doesn't listen to reasoning or even understand rules on Miiverse. For instance, you can't go around linking stuff, so of course people won't cite things they brought up. What we'll do is tell you the information and you can go Google it instead. Don't whine and just do it. Not hard.

Cause I still laugh at the idea that Mewtwo has no chance to come back. First, anybody who does research in the game itself knows there's 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl(All-Star Mode proves that, then there's the fact you need to go through 39 times in Classic... where only the select screen suggests there's 35. But Sakurai outright said the game has 39 characters). It's a different tangent, but the facts and Sakurai's own word kind of trumps it all. This is pretty much why expecting 6 playable Pokemon in For is perfectly normal, you know?

To be fair, Yoshi has 3DS and Wii U screens. He's in both. That, and we know the same characters will be in both versions. Sakurai did say both versions could be considered Smash 4 and 5. So I can understand people outcrying against Yoshi being in one and not the other. He's a staple and all.
To be fair, my post shouldn't have been taken seriously. I've seen all the 3DS pics with Yoshi and I've seen every time Sakurai said both versions will have the same characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, my post shouldn't have been taken seriously. I've seen all the 3DS pics with Yoshi and I've seen every time Sakurai said both versions will have the same characters.
The first time, he didn't very well clarify if the number or the exact roster will be the same. For instance, one could have Sheik and the other Impa. He did later on, especially by the time of your posts.

Davy considered both versions as 4 :oneeye:
That's a fair stance to take. Sakurai did say "could be considered". It wasn't a clear cut point. It's why they both have generic names. It's up to the players.

But the Wario thing, refusal to accept that Sakurai considers the game to have 39 characters(seriously, you don't even have to look up the article, All-Star is cold hard proof that the Char Select Screen doesn't determine how many are directly playable). And it's not like we're talking about Giga Bowser or Wario Man who is only temporarily playable either. And even Giga has his own full character file, for many possible reasons. One is that he could've been a boss at one time. Another is just the data there to make him run smoothly when you play as him. You can't stay as him till the end of the match normally, but he has his own results screen, notably.

To get back more on-topic, I'm facepalming at any suggestion for guys who had zero Nintendo appearances, as that's even worse than suggesting a Cartoon character who had one. Because while those are beyond unlikely to happen, a character who never had a Nintendo appearance is actually legitimately impossible. Not just "yeah, I doubt it". :facepalm:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Man alive....First it was Goku and Shadow, then Powerpuff girls, then Shrek, this week it's ALADDIN!?

What kind of world do Miiverse scrubs live in?
[/rhetoricalquestion]

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
The first time, he didn't very well clarify if the number or the exact roster will be the same. For instance, one could have Sheik and the other Impa. He did later on, especially by the time of your posts.

That's a fair stance to take. Sakurai did say "could be considered". It wasn't a clear cut point. It's why they both have generic names. It's up to the players.

But the Wario thing, refusal to accept that Sakurai considers the game to have 39 characters(seriously, you don't even have to look up the article, All-Star is cold hard proof that the Char Select Screen doesn't determine how many are directly playable). And it's not like we're talking about Giga Bowser or Wario Man who is only temporarily playable either. And even Giga has his own full character file, for many possible reasons. One is that he could've been a boss at one time. Another is just the data there to make him run smoothly when you play as him. You can't stay as him till the end of the match normally, but he has his own results screen, notably.

To get back more on-topic, I'm facepalming at any suggestion for guys who had zero Nintendo appearances, as that's even worse than suggesting a Cartoon character who had one. Because while those are beyond unlikely to happen, a character who never had a Nintendo appearance is actually legitimately impossible. Not just "yeah, I doubt it". :facepalm:
I hear you.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hear you.
Yeah. I look at it like this;

Didn't have a Nintendo appearance or originated from a Manga/Anime: 0% chance(obvious examples aside, Master Chief fits in here)
Didn't originate in a video game, but had a Nintendo appearance: 0.001% chance.(many cartoon characters. One odd example here could be Popeye, as he inspired Jumpman and later Mario's creation, notably. Another is James Bond, who was even in some of the Melee polls)
Originated in a video game, has a Nintendo appearance: 1% or more chance(think Brian from Quest 64. He has a very low chance, despite being retro. Only problem is he's third party with no owner of the IP. His games were onpopular, so that makes his chances really low. I'd give it a 5% chance max due to the fact he's almost all magic and could be very unique to work with due to his spells and such.)

I should clarify this only is related to 3rd party choices. We don't know if Sakurai can have an Anime/Manga character if they are part of a regular Smash franchise like Pokemon or something. He was able to use Misty's anime version for a Trophy. I don't expect anything like that, of course, but that one's just an oddity and it probably depends who created the character. If it wasn't, say, GameFreak specifically, it may loosely count as third party to him. You get what I mean, though.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

Didn't have a Nintendo appearance or originated from a Manga/Anime: 0% chance(obvious examples aside, Master Chief fits in here)
Didn't originate in a video game, but had a Nintendo appearance: 0.001% chance.(many cartoon characters. One odd example here could be Popeye, as he inspired Jumpman and later Mario's creation, notably. Another is James Bond, who was even in some of the Melee polls)
Originated in a video game, has a Nintendo appearance: 1% or more chance(think Brian from Quest 64. He has a very low chance, despite being retro. Only problem is he's third party with no owner of the IP. His games were onpopular, so that makes his chances really low. I'd give it a 5% chance max due to the fact he's almost all magic and could be very unique to work with due to his spells and such.)

I should clarify this only is related to 3rd party choices. We don't know if Sakurai can have an Anime/Manga character if they are part of a regular Smash franchise like Pokemon or something. He was able to use Misty's anime version for a Trophy. I don't expect anything like that, of course, but that one's just an oddity and it probably depends who created the character. If it wasn't, say, GameFreak specifically, it may loosely count as third party to him. You get what I mean, though.
Absolutely! Unfortunately much of Nintendo's 'newer' fanbase are most likely in the teens. Not that an evergrowing userbase is a bad thing, because in-fact, new and oldschool fans is something Nintendo can claim easily. It's just hard to weed out who is who while playing online, unless you've established a social connection with said peoples (ie. forums, friends, etc). We veterans know what we're talking about and know what to expect from Nintendo. Roots never die.

It's high up there against Sakurai's rule to even allow "almost-potential" characters into the roster, because the regular "potential" characters aren't even making it. Examples being Waluigi and that sort.

Also, really sad Midna isn't going to be character. Wanted her in Brawl, but at least she's an Assist. Midna/Wolf Link is pretty unique.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 12544
He asked the developers of Retro City Rampage.
Why would it be free? Why not for the Wii U which could handle it best, since it's a giant world?

And yeah, asking the wrong people, but the idea isn't bad in itself.

@ Hayzie Hayzie : Agreed. Although I can't even tell just how Sakurai is figuring out 3rd party guys anymore. To be fair, he never said the previous Brawl rules aren't active, but he did say they should be special. Other than that, it's assumed everything is the same. Now, we could be wrong. He might now be saying "must be in a video game first" compared to his original "no Manga/Anime characters". But hey, we'll see. Of course, I doubt anyone expects a Cartoon character. For the record, the Disney requests are the worst since, while they're cool choices, it's a money sink Sakurai would never go for. Even if the character is awesome.(like Darkwing Duck)

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290

So no Ash Ketchum then. ;~;

Also

Worst part is that someone took the top post seriously.

Top Bottom