• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taipei, Taiwan, anyone?

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
WOW THE #RARE TAIWAN SETUP
you guys better get on that

also @ Engdrew Engdrew (really big TO in CA) is gonna be in taiwan for work so maybe you guys can find him :^)

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
ya im gonna be in taipei for a while...just started working. im down for smash, looking forward to meeting y'all!

treesofallsizes

Smash Rookie
Yeah dude- do you happen to have a CRT/ Projector since we can't play at my place (living with my grandmother/extended family while im here) and my crt is kinda large. Otherwise I can bring my CRT over wherever ya wanna play. When are you free? I work weekdays til like, 5:30 everyday.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
hmm i only got a laggy HDTV unfortunately. if you can get your hands on a controller->usb adapter we could play at my place via dolphin emulator. id rather you not drag around a big crt, thats just unreasonable lol. i get off work around 6 on weekdays

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
I'm down to play! I don't have my controller, so I'll need someone with a setup (pref CRT) and at least 2 controllers.

Hit me up, my phone number in Taiwan is 0918787580. Please please please call me! Itching to play :p

Also for reference I live near 市政府 MRT station (close to 101) and I work near Nankang (南港) MRT station.

Last edited:

treesofallsizes

Smash Rookie
Yo, so I found a crt thats small enough to move- smash is def playable on it and lag is worse imo. That means that I have a full setup that I can bring wherever with two controllers so lets def get a taiwan smashfest going

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Oh my goddddddddd. Let's play soon! When are you free next week. My work hours are 8:30-6pm.

And your general location please.

Last edited:

treesofallsizes

Smash Rookie
Uh i live near the xing tian gong 行天宮 stop and work til 6 ish around the dapingling 大坪林 stop - im down to bring my setup to your place or others provided they aren't ridic far. really anywhere with an outlet would do lol

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
I can prob go to your place if you live at xing tian gong. That would be easiest I think. It's like a 15 minute MRT for me to get to you.

Last edited:

treesofallsizes

Smash Rookie
Yeah, so im living with extended family while im in taiwan so we can't really smash at my place lol- it'd be easier if we could play at either your place/ at telemaster's/ anywhere else with aircon

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
0987829095 I live very close to technology building (科技大樓) and work at zhongshan metro until 6ish on weekdays. you guys are welcome at my place but i live in a 套房 so its ****ing tiny lol. i can crank the AC though

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
alright let's try your place first if thats ok. treesofallsizes will need to bring his CRT though. we all seem to finish work around the same time so let's pick a good day next week to play! Excited to meet all you guys :)

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
im free after work next week on wednesday and thursday. i generally get back to my place before 7, so if we aim for 7 or after at technology building that will work out. we can help carry the setup over, its no more than a 5 minute walk from the mrt station. theres also many places to eat right outside my apartment, so don't worry if you cant cram a meal in between work and smash lol.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
SO HYPE!

Bumping this as a reminder :) Since we all get off work around the same time... let's meet at technology building (科技大樓) at 6:45pm. Is this ok with everyone?

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
I can't guarantee I'll be there by 6:45pm, I can definitely be there by 7:00pm though. Again this is for this WEDNESDAY! Trees, will you be able to make it by then? Don't you have to go home first and grab your setup?

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
I'd say 7:30 would be the safest bet since Trees has to make it back home to grab his setup. Let us know if you have a better time in mind Trees. Also, do you guys want to eat right outside my place before we smash? There's plenty of small traditional taiwanese food joints near my place and a mcdonalds right next to the MRT.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Heading out now - I'll be there 7:30. Going swimming first.

Give me a call if you need to reach me. No internet from now on!

Last edited:

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Let's plan another one of these! This week or next week :) Also add me on Line (Engdrew) so I can make a group chat for us.

Hope to play you all soon again :)

obscurica

Smash Rookie
Hey, how many of us are out here anyhow? Would love to hang out - I'm a Smash noob ( I write about LoL for a living instead, and haven't played Melee for years), but my passion for the game's been rising since the 2013 Evo, and it hasn't stalled out yet. Kinda sick of just watching streams, though - nothing quite like actually having the controller in your hand.

If anybody plans to be visitin' Taiwan from the US for the holiday season, lemme know too. My lack of Mandarin fluency makes the future prospect of using a Chinese copy of Sm4sh somewhat offputting. >_>

WindGodDude

Smash Rookie
Yo dudes, I'm goign to Taiwan tomorrow! Although I live in Taichung so it may be a bit difficult for me to go to Taipei :(

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
work is ramping up so i dont think i can do weekdays for a few weeks. weekends are best for now. @ WindGodDude WindGodDude you here for the long haul or just vacation?

panmario

Smash Rookie
hi guys, i'm a noob to these forums, but i've just moved to taipei recently and am looking for a smash community. watching all those recent amsa videos got me excited for the game again @_@. anyway, any chance you're all still meeting up?

st40611

Smash Rookie
I'll be near Taipei also starting next week. Are you guys still down to meet up?

obscurica

Smash Rookie
MY FELLOW TAIWANESE SMASHERS

I am sure I am not the only one that's planning to get his hands on a copy of the 3DS version. ...though I may or may not be the only one that's stuck with a US region-locked model (wtf Nintendo). Who's planning to bust up their circle pads?!

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
oh yeah slightly irrelevant but

shoutouts to yushako the taiwanese smash 3ds leaker LOL

Last edited:

OCSA

Smash Rookie
hi there, me and my friend currently go to school in taipei and we have recently gotten into smash. new to smashboards but hoping to meet other smashers, anyone still around?

obscurica

Smash Rookie
hi there, me and my friend currently go to school in taipei and we have recently gotten into smash. new to smashboards but hoping to meet other smashers, anyone still around?
I'm out of Taiwan 'til the 20th, but otherwise am usually in the area (though residing farther south in the town of Sanxia). Definitely happy to smash it up with some folks.

obscurica

Smash Rookie
TAIPEI SMASHERS!

I'm tired of lag.

I'm tired of Final Destination.

I'm REALLY goddamn tired of grindin' away at custom movesets.

So here's the deal. I have a 3DS. I have the game. I have no doubt you do too. Let's smash it up. Let's do a few money matches. For the scant few of us English-speaking Smashers on this island, let's get something like a scene going. Once a week, I'll make my way to downtown Taipei -- both to restock on sour cream, because the local Carrefour doesn't carry any, and to take a day off from freelance work and other such business. I will bring with me TWD 500 for the taking. Win a best of 5, 3-stock, customs-on set, and it's all yours. I win, I get 500 from you.

Sounds good? RESPOND IN THIS THREAD TO SCHEDULE A MATCH.

obscurica

Smash Rookie
Like, I'd be happy to do Melee too, despite my total lack of proficiency, but if we don't have setups we're all floatin' in the same half-assed boat. >_>;;

Top Bottom