• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taipei, Taiwan, anyone?

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
im in taipei studying until late june. hope to extend stay until late july. PM me if you wanna play though i dont got a setup, i can ask around though

where in taipei are you living, i live in NTU's dorms around 公館 Gong guan

fyi im prbly scrubby, i got stomped whenever i played good ppl at u of i like the twins aob etc...

streetfood milktea live music and smash = win

edit: NO BRAWL

darkatma

Smash Hero
I'll be living on xing yi lu (the one taipei 101 is on)

And don't worry I'll bring a setup, and I'll be in taiwan for all of june/july. And having anyone to play against is better than no one to play against.

And I only play melee :D
AND I'm in taiwan because I'll be working at NTU :DD

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
o sweet bring a spare controller XD i know should be byoc but i didnt think id play smash

DUDE WDF get me a job in taiwan ^_^ i graduate this august D:

whats your job at NTU?

nice i can get better at smash... hopefully

mm i play a few characters, but i mainly play falcon. falcon dittos on yoshis story :D

Composeur

Smash Ace
So are there people still in Taipei who play? I'm considering heading there sometime this year for a job, and I'd bring my GC as well as some controllers if I thought there were people around who'd like it...

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
well im back in the states now but im also considering going to taipei again for language exchange

it wouldnt hurt to bring a setup anyway, you could play other stuff

most of the locals play brawl btw

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'll be in Taipei from August 16th until the end of that month. Do you have a Cube/Melee with you there?

dkuo

Smash Lord
aw man ill be back by like mid-late july unfortunately =_=

for the record im considering bringing a cube since im likely to go with my cousin, want to teach him more maylay nvm i might bring it anyways though

CTL17

Smash Lord
ARGH I WANT TO GO TO TAIWAN!
But I honestly think you guys shouldn't spend too much time playing smash there. Just when you have that really bad craving. Speaking of cravings, I really want some food. :X

dkuo

Smash Lord
ARGH I WANT TO GO TO TAIWAN!
But I honestly think you guys shouldn't spend too much time playing smash there. Just when you have that really bad craving. Speaking of cravings, I really want some food. :X
that's funny because I always have a really bad craving

man we should all go to taiwan one day and try to kickstart a melee community. open a stand in a night market, take bets, etc

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
I'm in Taipei right now really wishing someone here played melee. I haven't looked that hard...but anyone around?!

dkuo

Smash Lord
^ I'm leaving for taipei in 20 hours actually. Do you have a cube?

I guess I'll bring my cube too...

edit: I only have 1 controller btw <_<

edit2: I should also mention I won't be around for the next 2 weeks (starting on the 10th) but I'll be back until early/mid July

dkuo

Smash Lord
uhh bump/doublepost, but just saying that i have a full setup now (minus a crt). ill probably be leaving within a week or two.

EDIT: this is a really late update, but I did manage to play some melee in taiwan out of sheer coincidence/luck :)

the other guy has the video though, might post it here one day

D

Deleted member

Hong Kong and Taiwan are more open than mainland. I hope to play against Smashers there.

dkuo

Smash Lord
oof
there is no scene in taiwan unfortunately. ill let you know if im ever in taiwan though

maybe you can start one. go on the street and hustle some kids with mm's

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
should be there at least for a year starting february. i was able to get a few games in with darkatma a few years back, the local scene consisted of only brawl peeps

notpi31419

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm leaving for Taipei, Taiwan tomorrow, and I'll be there for a couple months. I'd be down for some Melee during my spare time.

telemaster

Chime and Twang
NNID
telemaster
you got a setup? i only got a controller + usb adapter (only 1 controller port though). time for some milk tea + smash sessions

dkuo

Smash Lord
poor taiwan :(

you can probably scavenge for parts...crts should be available i think, if you look hard enough
if not, then use this combined with a low lag display

melee is gonna be really hard to find lmao. but if you have a wii...etc etc ;o

i also found a brand new official gc controller at 光華商場 for like 800 ntd but idk if thats still around
smash 4 will guarantee fresh gc controllers in the winter though

Top Bottom