• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taipei, Taiwan, anyone?

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Yo, fishing wildly: is there anybody here planning to attend Evo? I have reasons to be stateside then, and shoehorned it into my plans.

I am also TERRIBLE, because of nothing but CPU play. Sure, ZeRo might've reached godhood just doing that and watching Mew2king videos, but I'm not ZeRo. Who wants to grind out Smash Wii U practices against a scrub?
where you at?

obscurica

Smash Rookie
where you at?
Down in Sanxia, New Taipei district. About half an hour out from Taipei by public transport.

It is a pain and a half, trying to get a full customs practice set for Evo. D: I've got four Amiibos slaving away in the customs mine, and running hours of 3DS classic mode a day.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Down in Sanxia, New Taipei district. About half an hour out from Taipei by public transport.

It is a pain and a half, trying to get a full customs practice set for Evo. D: I've got four Amiibos slaving away in the customs mine, and running hours of 3DS classic mode a day.
Wow, so admire you that you can go to EVO...

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Yo, just to keep this active; there are smashers here in Taipei. PM me if interested.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yo, just to keep this active; there are smashers here in Taipei. PM me if interested.
What about Kaohsiung? I only know is 3DS user gathering here. But there isn't any Smash community here.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
You are local correct? Reach out online, look for players using a wii or wiiu. Make connections to kickstart a fun community! Then we can crew battle!

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
@ mario123007 mario123007 fite me whenever on 3ds
/yeah just get ur friends to start playing with u or something and eventually branch out and hype it up

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You are local correct? Reach out online, look for players using a wii or wiiu. Make connections to kickstart a fun community! Then we can crew battle!
I may try but I am now busy in daily life.
@ mario123007 mario123007 fite me whenever on 3ds
/yeah just get ur friends to start playing with u or something and eventually branch out and hype it up
I only have my brother, I don't have any other friends that plays Smash Bros. I may try to find more, but really takes a lot of effort.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
I may try but I am now busy in daily life.

I only have my brother, I don't have any other friends that plays Smash Bros. I may try to find more, but really takes a lot of effort.
there's a facebook group for smash bros players in taiwan a lot of them play smash 4

CrowTRobot

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm in Taipei for about a month studying at NTU, any melee and/or Project M players? I'd love to go to a local meetup or just train with someone

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey I'm in Taipei for about a month studying at NTU, any melee and/or Project M players? I'd love to go to a local meetup or just train with someone
I play Melee, Brawl, and Smash4, I don't live in Taipei though.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Hey missed your message. You still in tpe? There are a few of us around although we can get pretty busy. Send me a pm and I'll add you to the line group

CrowTRobot

Smash Rookie
I can't figure out how to send a personal message, and I don't have line. I asked to join the facebook group that was advertised earlier though. If you could send me a pm with your facebook name (if you have one) that might work, I only have a few free days left here, it'd b cool to play though if we could!

zeex1

Smash Cadet
i haven't played for a few years and i want to give it a shot, is there a weekly or biweekly in taiwan?

does anyone netplay too? i play marth/fox but i can play the whole cast pretty well.

i'm in taipei. i would really just prefer to play melee but anything is good. even street fighter 4.

Last edited:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
i haven't played for a few years and i want to give it a shot, is there a weekly or biweekly in taiwan?

does anyone netplay too? i play marth/fox but i can play the whole cast pretty well.

i'm in taipei. i would really just prefer to play melee but anything is good. even street fighter 4.
as far as I know, there's a small scene in Taipei. (Like 4-5 guys) that meet up every week or something. Pretty sure they're project m players but they're open to playing melee if you have a copy. There's also a facebook group if you search "Super Smash Bros. Taiwan". If you're in Taipei though, there's also an arcade in Ximen where there's a decently sized SF4 scene.

Last edited:

Timshel

Smash Rookie
I live in Taipei now for college and I'm interested in Melee. I take it there aren't many players? Even just 1 good person would be fine with me.

Wassabi1320

Smash Cadet
I might be moving to Taipei for the summer and wanted to know how the competitive melee scene is. Can anyone tell me if there are locals or a PR in the area?

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
I might be moving to Taipei for the summer and wanted to know how the competitive melee scene is. Can anyone tell me if there are locals or a PR in the area?
Anyone reading this thread should go and join the Taiwan Smash group on FB and the Taipei Smash group on LINE. Those are the places that people will be on nowadays. There's a small but decently active scene in Taipei for Project M (and melee now I think but I haven't been to the gatherings in awhile) Overall, the scene is decently good despite being small.

Wassabi1320

Smash Cadet
Anyone reading this thread should go and join the Taiwan Smash group on FB and the Taipei Smash group on LINE. Those are the places that people will be on nowadays. There's a small but decently active scene in Taipei for Project M (and melee now I think but I haven't been to the gatherings in awhile) Overall, the scene is decently good despite being small.
Can you link me the fb group?

Maysoon

Smash Cadet
I'm in Taipei, I live in Tianmu, Anyone want to meet up? I don't have a CRT TV but I do have a computer and a gamecube adaptor.

obscurica

Smash Rookie
I'm in Taipei, I live in Tianmu, Anyone want to meet up? I don't have a CRT TV but I do have a computer and a gamecube adaptor.
Don't got a CRT either, but I've Smash Wii U, the adapter, and a giant-ass flatscreen. Problem is, I'm down in Sanxia, just south of Taoyuan--been finding it hard to get anything together by not being in Taipei proper.

Thinking about just opening up my house every Sunday to anybody that wants to come by and Smash. But the FB group's kinda inactive...

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Don't got a CRT either, but I've Smash Wii U, the adapter, and a giant-*** flatscreen. Problem is, I'm down in Sanxia, just south of Taoyuan--been finding it hard to get anything together by not being in Taipei proper.

Thinking about just opening up my house every Sunday to anybody that wants to come by and Smash. But the FB group's kinda inactive...
the thing is we have a pretty small smash 4 community. Everyone that plays melee is on the LINE chat

Top Bottom