• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails the fox has arrived! (Video up!)

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
So...two Tails projects?

Actually, did Zeondude just say that he was only doing the costume?
Idk, if he will let me id liek to figure it out and make it full character. as of now he jsut wants to fix his no body show glitch without a smash ball. :( Also idk if he knows how to but i have no clue how to fiz these glitches or do custom psa or aniamtions :( so i dont know what his project will become.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to remove the ball form from sonic? I remember hearing that it was difficult to place a model over pit because his model changed from 1 to 2 blades, but that the condition could be removed. Don't ask me how, ive never tampered with pit at all :p

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can delete the ball polygon and get rid of all of the model changer events.

Idk, if he will let me id liek to figure it out and make it full character. as of now he jsut wants to fix his no body show glitch without a smash ball. :( Also idk if he knows how to but i have no clue how to fiz these glitches or do custom psa or aniamtions :( so i dont know what his project will become.
Wait...did he fix Tails' texture problem?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Ok, that increased the file size too much.

Well, I'm just gonna finish the tune-ups, including the utilt and down B.

Does anyone know what the Down B fully charged blast sould be?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman

Maybe find whatever you were gonna use for a "machine" then fires two of Snakes ^smash projectiles horizontally stacked vertically. Idk an idea :p

bloomin ninja

Smash Rookie

Maybe a projectile like robs, one that deals some some damage but goes through the opponent

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Maybe find whatever you were gonna use for a "machine" then fires two of Snakes ^smash projectiles horizontally stacked vertically. Idk an idea :p
I think Snake's ^smash projectiles are articles. So I don't think I can do that. :(

Did you see my Utilt idea?
Yeah, I was gonna try to do that one.

But I think it might be hard because the only animation I can give the tails are spinning.
Maybe a projectile like robs, one that deals some some damage but goes through the opponent
I was thinking that too.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
luigi i think i could get you a good looking nolan vertex hack, it will probally look like the real thing. Also you have any clue how to fix the no model show for our tails haha?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
luigi i think i could get you a good looking nolan vertex hack, it will probally look like the real thing. Also you have any clue how to fix the no model show for our tails haha?
A good Nolan? DO WANT!

Fixing the no model show...I looked at it for a bit. The largest difference between the tailsand body is that they are two different polygons. You might want to look at the properties and differences between the two.

Also, BionicSonic said we can have two seperate projects if they're in one thread. Or we can team up.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Well he closed mine down..... But sure thatll work, Also i can get the nolan done soon ima try to get taisl body working first, once we get the body done would you kinda help me and the rest of the team do animation and psa junk?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Would it be kinda odd if I worked on two Tails projects?

I could help isolate the model problem, though.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman

odd? it would make you more of an even tails god legend lol we have noone to psa lol that too. Also thanks if we can get the dam model working we will be pretty good to go. Im pretty sure psaing will fix the running in one place glitch.

Fen__

Smash Ace

ds22 did the original Naruto, heavily publicized the CON Naruto, and is now working on a third Naruto. Just saying it for the record.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
ds22 did the original Naruto, heavily publicized the CON Naruto, and is now working on a third Naruto. Just saying it for the record.
Wow. That's all I can say.
Yeah i know. :( Weegee your tails done yet?
Well, it's a long story. However, it resulted in me using a very slow computer.
HUGE QUESTION! is there any way i can add polygons? i need to add Sonics Bowling ball polygon 30 to my tails
I don't really think so.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Hrmph, model problems you say? Try adding a dummy polygon to the one that won't show up, and then place the real one elsewhere in the Polygon folder in the model.

I don't know, just an idea.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I don't see why not if we can hex polygons away, but it might be incredibly difficult.
Well, it might be harder to chip off parts from a bigger structure than to add to a small one.
Ah, I figured.

Maybe a move for the remastered version using the actual model?
So...any other utilts? :bee:
Hrmph, model problems you say? Try adding a dummy polygon to the one that won't show up, and then place the real one elsewhere in the Polygon folder in the model.

Maybe.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman

I dont even know what a dummy polygon is lmao.
Also Weegee a utilt? why not give him sonics utilt? i mean let them complain if they want, it suites him ;) One move shouldnt be a big problem.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Also Weegee a utilt? why not give him sonics utilt? i mean let them complain if they want, it suites him ;) One move shouldnt be a big problem.
I'll keep it like that for now, then.

Any more ideas, or you all just waiting for a new Tails already?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Well, some of the moves are half-baked, so...eh.

Oh, I gave a model-only update to DarkSamus12.

Ok, I thought of a utilt. He'll just pull out Snake's usmash thing and an explosion will come out the top. Bad range (because it's too high up to hit people on the ground), but kills well. Does that work?

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Well, some of the moves are half-baked, so...eh.

Oh, I gave a model-only update to DarkSamus12.

Ok, I thought of a utilt. He'll just pull out Snake's usmash thing and an explosion will come out the top. Bad range (because it's too high up to hit people on the ground), but kills well. Does that work?
Yeah just finish it already lmao

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Dummy Polygon = Polygon data that contains nothing

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I just spent an hour working on making the down B, and the file got corrupted.

I was working again, and Brawlbox just failed on me.

Third attempt now, hopefully I can finish soon.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Wow, I just realized how the other dudes have large teams, and I'm goin' solo.

wow that sucks
I dont have any dummy polygons to spare, it wont let me make one..
yeah, i found out how to add bones after all
This would be pretty awesome.

I managed to stuff the new GFX into Tails' file, but the utilt one pushed it over the limit.
I'm gonna think of another utilt.

Also, I sucessfully gave the FS rapid-fire as long as you hold B.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yes! I've done it!!!

The side B now uses TL's bombs, but with a 1/3 chance of Link's, 1/15 chance of Gooey Bombs, and 1/30 chance of Bomb-ombs!

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I love the idea of having bombs. Haven't seen that since 1995.
Lol.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna finish Tails by today or tomorrow, so there's something I need to know.

Private beta--again--or public release? I'm leaning toward public.

Top Bottom