• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails the fox has arrived! (Video up!)

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
It's okay.

Think of a pair of feet...running around the stage where Sonic should be.

Then Tails' body is in the middle of the stage, except for his chest and feet. It's facing the screen and is doing the animations that he should be doing (like falling if the shoes are, walking) but stuck to the center of the stage.

Instead of his chest, there's a giant line running from that area to slightly above his feet.

There are frequent flashes of splatted texture all over the screen.

I don't know if hitboxes connect at all.
Wow, then.... ummm.... (speechless)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Think we can get a beta tonight Weegee? Well a beta with the improved moveset and model?
Probably not. If I decide just to do the utilt, I can have it done early tomorrow, but I'll probably do more, like a giant blast on the FS, or the down B.

Sorry weegee the gun never had an ingame model it was only shown in videos.
I thought the models in videos worked. Well, I thought that because of Ganon's SE Battleship and Wario's cargo thing being stages.

Well, I was thinking of a cool-looking gun that Tails would assemble for the Down B.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Probably not. If I decide just to do the utilt, I can have it done early tomorrow, but I'll probably do more, like a giant blast on the FS, or the down B.

I thought the models in videos worked. Well, I thought that because of Ganon's SE Battleship and Wario's cargo thing being stages.

Well, I was thinking of a cool-looking gun that Tails would assemble for the Down B.
Why not assembling the primid's guns in SSE?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah.

Well, any gun that looks good would be nice. Can someone send me the model of one
of them plz?

I guess. What utilt were you planning to do?

Idk i just wanted help out because your helping me with Metroid.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Idk i just wanted help out because your helping me with Metroid.
That's what I thought too. Well, can you try to vertex hack Tails' body if Metroid's amazing enough?

Hey Weegee, Quick Question. Can Peach's heart GFX be transferred to another character?
Yes.

Slightly related-ish, I took a Boo coustume, sized it up, and plopped Peach's crown on.

King Boo! Too bad he's only a costume.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Vertex hack his body! i can do that, what are we trying to accomplish? get rid of the spikes?

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating

They worked because they're trophies. I'm pretty sure the gun is one, too.

EDIT: Yup, it's called the "Dark Cannon".

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought too. Well, can you try to vertex hack Tails' body if Metroid's amazing enough?

Yes.

Slightly related-ish, I took a Boo coustume, sized it up, and plopped Peach's crown on.

King Boo! Too bad he's only a costume.
Kool! King Boo!

I see you also got stormy destination! Its a great stage!

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
They worked because they're trophies. I'm pretty sure the gun is one, too.

EDIT: Yup, it's called the "Dark Cannon".

That explains everything! I'm gonna get it now.

Hey Stoney, do you think you can texture it to fit the rest of Tails' gear?

Kool! King Boo!

I see you also got stormy destination! Its a great stage!
It fits the doom-ish mood brought on by King Boo and Bowser.

Oops guess i was wrong after all :(
XD

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Can we keep this thread to discussing Tails and its development, and the unrelated stuff to the Brawlbox Showcase thread?

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that over Jigglypuff? My psa is over Sonic, and simply re-naming it freezes.

And considering how the model doesn't work over Sonic, I think we might have to go our seperate ways.
:9 or you could work your butt off and switch it to jiggly :0 lmao jk. ill see if we can switch it to Sonic

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
The reason it doesn't work with sonic is because of his ball form. I'm almost positive that leads to some serious issues.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
But isn't his ball one of his polygons?

It's just part of his model, invisible at most times.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
So...two Tails projects?

Actually, did Zeondude just say that he was only doing the costume?

Top Bottom