• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T5 - Arizona Tournament

Should T5 have a doubles or low-tier tourney?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Low-Tier Tourney

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
T5

Name: T5 (The 5th tourney I've put together in Tucson)
Date: 4-14-07
Time: 12:00 PM
Place: Most likely at Zarelid's place: 5731 e whittier st zip 85711

(Mapquest it or call Sean for directions, last minute questions, etc.) Sean (Forward): 520-440-0491

Singles: $10
Doubles: $10 per team

People who are coming so far:
1. Forward
2. Taj
3. B-Will
4. Zarelid
5. Enix_Moogle
6. BloodoftheFallen
7. Butters
8. AltF4Warrior
9. V3ctorMan
10. Dark
11. Glide
12. AZenith
13. GamerGuitarist
14. Saetia-dtg
15. Chaos_Theory
16. Wakka
17. Love_Dove
18. Ben
19. Hanki
20. South_Paw
21. Return_to_Sender
22. James
23. Light
24. Marjie
25. Wildwookie
26. Sizzle
27. Shiva *
28. Shashin
29. Maxxx
30. Oakie *
31. Duha (Colorado)
32. Running Brave (Colorado)
33. BBQ (Colorado)
34. Pistachio (Colorado)
35. Omar (STB)
36. Bryan (STB)
37. Unto (STB)
38. Ajay (STB)
39. Lockland
40. Mr J
41. Axe
42. TurnupTosser
43. Tag
44. John
45. Buzzkill (Colorado)
46. Ben (Colorado)

* Not 100% sure of attending

As of now, this is the status for cubes and televisions:

Televisions: 11 so far
B-Will (1)
Butters (1)
AltF4Warrior (2)
AZenith (1)
Chaos_Theory (1)
Wakka (1)
Return_to_Sender (1)
Gamer_Guitarist (2)
Love_Dove (1)

Cube and Game: 12 so far
B-Will (1)
Butters (1)
Dark (1)
AltF4Warrior (1)
V3ctorMan (1)
Taj (2)
GamerGuitarist (1)
Saetia-dtg (1)
Chaos_Theory (1)
Wakka (1)
Love_Dove (1)

*Items are uncertain

Rules: The rules are going to be the same ones as foward's at AZone.
  • 4 stock, 8min time limit.
  • Random stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD.
  • Counter pick stages: None
  • Each person may choose to strike a stage from random select, but it will not be banned from the entire set.
  • Loser chooses stage from the 6 random stages. Winner can then change character, Loser may then change character.
  • You may pick the same stage in a set if you lost on the stage. You may not play on the stage that you won on unless the opponent agrees.

Alright. Sean started a trend of betting on my MM against Vector. It turned to SV betting against me and then Sizzle betting against Vector.

Sean and I were talking and he suggested, why not make this a spectacle? Let's turn this into a horse race event and continue this round of betting into a huge pot. The number of people that bet for/against vector or me will determine pot odds. The more money you put in the pot, the more money you will receive at the end if your selected player wins the match.

I will be the bookie, LOL. I created a simple formula that will determine how much money each winner should get. Again, the more you put in, the more you get.

This would be too fun. Let's get this pot huge; bet on the underdog and you have a chance to win a good amount of money.

So far:

Forward: $10 on B-Will
Wave: $10 on Vec
Black: $5 on Vec
Axe: $5 on Vec
Sizzle: $5 on B-Will
Vec: $10 on Vec
B-Will: $10 on B-Will
Love_Dove: $10 on B-Will
Butters: $7 on B-Will
Trent: $5 on B-Will
Gamer: $5 on B-Will
Dark: $5 on Vec
Mr. J: $20 on Vec
Vat "O": $1 on Vec
Brandon: $10 on B-Will

Total pot size so far: $118
$62 on B-Will; $56 on Vec

Pot odds will be figured out after all of this is done and over with. :laugh:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm going to see if I wind up with a job any time soon, then try and figure out if I can make it. If I can, I'll be happy to bring a cube along. I'll have to see, but I can't wait to see all you crazy cats again :)

Glide

Smash Ace
I'd prefer low tier, but since nobody cares about low tier, doubles would prolly be a better idea.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm all for low tier as well. I think it would be something new and fun to do. I want to own with my bowser. :)

So does that mean you are coming, Glide?

EDIT: Date has been set, check first post.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
hey B-Will I can't believe i'm sayin this........ but ............. lol COUNT ME IN MAN, 100% sure as well and i'm can bring 1 cube guaranteed. maybe two. sorry no tv tho, but yeah man count me in.

lol (it would be durin my B-day week) count me in tho. I'll try and bring others too.

D1

Banned via Administration
Singles winner: Taj

Doubles winners: Taj and Forward

Low tier winner: Mewtwo.... wait I mean Taj.

Either way Taj is taking it all LOL.

*posted by forward*

Glide

Smash Ace
Yeah, prolly; I'll volunteer to help do random **** if you need help running the tourney.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Gliiiiide! It's been too long. I guess that applies to everyone.

And I'm posting to state.....that I dunno.

And....why not? Low-tier.

In a month, then....maybe....

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
you know im open for some car-pooling, so maybe i can give u a ride sizzle, like try to meet me at my house or somewhere kinda closer then for me to drive all the way to your house. i can give u a ride to shiv and maybe someone else

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm also open to car pooling, however I'll be staying the night at a friend's house after the tourney. So that might make driving with me difficult :(

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I hope to show up to this thing, but I'll need a ride. I don't mind paying for gas or anything.

Hey Shiv!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
count me in bwill. if my parents don't let me go to this i'll be pissed and sneak out and go to it. so pretty much i'm going. WE FINALLY GET TO DO OUR MONEY MATCHH!!!!!!!!

edit/ i can bring a cube too though it seems you may need more TVs :(, i'll see about that one too

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Ted!

Sigh, transport. Greg, thanks loads for the offer. I absolutely don't believe that this is going to be an easy thing to convince of my parents; last time I could only barely go because Ted's mom was driving. Thanks again, Ted.

But maybe I'll be able to make it work. Who can know...Wobbles, come back to AZ. Forward, yourself as well.

Later, then.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
the 2 legends coming back to AZ, and wobbles taking 1st in EVO, crazy!!
and to shashin and shiv, i can give u guys a ride, but shiv try to convince your parents some more.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
count me in bwill. if my parents don't let me go to this i'll be pissed and sneak out and go to it. so pretty much i'm going. WE FINALLY GET TO DO OUR MONEY MATCHH!!!!!!!!

edit/ i can bring a cube too though it seems you may need more TVs :(, i'll see about that one too
10$ money match?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are we kind of short on TV's? If we are, I can potentially bring two. It would be a hassle, but I'd rather that than have too few TV's.

EDIT: Tony, I need you to JV 5 stock someone for me. He's a total noob and thinks he's the best. He should be coming to T5. His pride needs crushing. So that's probably 2 friends of mine that will be there.

Did I mention that I would be willing to do taping for T5? I'll try to get as much of the bracket taped as possible. I haven't had any big projects to work on lately.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
Are we kind of short on TV's? If we are, I can potentially bring two. It would be a hassle, but I'd rather that than have too few TV's.

EDIT: Tony, I need you to JV 5 stock someone for me. He's a total noob and thinks he's the best. He should be coming to T5. His pride needs crushing. So that's probably 2 friends of mine that will be there.

Did I mention that I would be willing to do taping for T5? I'll try to get as much of the bracket taped as possible. I haven't had any big projects to work on lately.
Can you ask your friend if he'll mm this dude Butters? He'll even suicide a stock per game right off the bat.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
xD

I'm glad AZ is still in high spirits.. lol, I just wanted to post two things.
Main one: This will be first tourney that SV will prolly attend.. Umm we had two players here go to AZone w/you all.. lol Axe, lost to almighty Taj, and then a great Fox Player, and Tag had lost to (figures) Forward, and some other pple i don know. lol.. i believe that I, Axe, Tag, and maybe few others will be here.. TO BE HONEST THO, DON EXPECT TOO MUCH FROM SV............ xD no offense to any of us.. but i've seen all of them play by vids, and many of us aren't ready... (Go ahead pm me about wtf i'm saying sv) but it's true) I know cuz i play w/you all .. all the time. Don get me wrong... I'm not sayin SV is bad,,, heck we're pretty decent i guess. (Im not sure what u all thought of my gameplay that u've seen or any one else here) but rather Tucson is jus ALOT BETTER.. Se we'll be comin for rather. the practice and experience more likely than to actually.. well get somewhere... lol ..... nvm. i'm jus sayin don expect too much from us... Few players here... myself, axe, Black, Tag, are only ones that play enough neway. and soon will only be Axe, Black.. cuz ****'s goin on in my life that I'm not good at taking. a.k.a (STAY SINGLE) xD ... but i can't say that.. cuz... well.. i wuv and care too much for her... (IGNORE THIS... LOL OMG.. THIS IS FREAKNG SMASHBOARDS.. NOT DRAMA.. LOL SORRY AZ JUS MAKIN A SCENE... hehe.

2nd. I didn't want to risk gettin flamed by pple in texas... or w/e.. I jus wanted to congrats Wobbles. hehe. I don know him well, but i think i'd like to get to know him. Lol, i've ben wobbled... it sucks and I don like it.... but I don like Falco's lasers, Marth's Sword, Link projectiles, Peach's Turnups, Samus's rockets Falcon/Ganon's N-Air, Fox's shine ... LOL MANY THINGS I DON LIKE... but your supposed to use what is at your arsenal... lol and pple jus don understand that.... that's what a char is for isn't it... to use what u have... lol nvm some don understand.. but nonetheless. congrats wobbles... i hope pple understand what i'm sayin.. yeah some are right. when u get wobbled or w/e it sucks... but pple tend to think when someone uses that like they hav no chance at all or somethin.. lol

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trent, you gotta come to this!

AltF4, I'll see what I can do about preventing you from having to bring 2 tvs. I think that Chuckie has at least 3 tv's so it might work out ok. Taping would be awesome if you can do it again, Alt.

Gamer, get John to come.

Zenith, get James.

Good shit with low-tier keeping up with doubles.

Vec, keep talking to SV about coming.

Sean, get colorado to come if you can; I'm working on Chuckie to get NM to come.

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
This is AltF4:

Hey, actually it won't be a hassle to bring two TV's. I just didn't want to bother Alicia (this is her account) by asking for her TV. But she found out and said it's cool. So count me in for 2 TV's.

Oh, and I was wondering if you thought it would cool if we had 2 TV's set up on one Cube. They would face away from each other (almost Halo style). Would be great for teams and even singles finals. I could hook it up if you think it's worth it.

Later

saetia-dtg

Smash Rookie
I'm here, therefore I'm there. If I even know what I'm talking about I have a cube and a disk to bring.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i talked to john today bwill, he said he'll try to come. my other friend rafael may be coming too so expect at least 2 friends on my part. i should have a ride there too cause rafael gets his liscense tomorrow.(which also means i may see you before that tourney lol)

and the poll has stayed pretty even haha :-D

forward

Smash Champion
LOL Tony if they are on the other side of the TV you can always stand up and look at them when you are ready to KO. That would be scary mind grains, intimidating with your Taj-tallness and all

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
I'll take to Joe, so put me and Wakka down for maybe.

peace
Wakka is not my smash name. :p i'll just start going by my real name....

but in either case, i will do my best to come to this....i can bring .bring a cube and smash and a TV if needed, just give me a call and lemme know.

also. i can take you Trent. that is if i can go, which is almost for sure :) but i'll let ya know before it happens.

note:the 4th slot on my cube is a bit jacked up, , so it will not be viable for teams. and people who like to use 4th as thier controller slot ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom