• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tír Na Smash 2 (Ireland) April 4th 09 - Cá bhfuil an cáca milis?

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I'd say bring on some Street Fighter IV but my xbox red ringed (YAY!) so I wont be playing that for the next good few weeks (Besides I can only play SF games on a stick and I'd look really weird with an arcade stick at a Smash tournament), probably in good time for the smash tournament, have literally not played that game in months, not since last year anyway. Maybe I'll whip out G&W for the Melee tournament. Speaking of which, we should really decide soon on what game we're gonna do.

Aiko

Smash Champion
actually you'd be surprised. last smash tournament in UK, people brought sticks to play 3rd strike.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hey gorey check out the towel trick for your 360 on youtube.It fixes red ring.......for a while.

BTW anyone for some friendlies this weekend?

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Really tempted to do the towel trick, the lack of Call of Duty and Street Fighter is killing me. I think you can guess by now that I love Street Fighter.

Also Brawl sucks, Melee is brill. I decided to play some Smash again for the tournament, it's really hard trying to get back into Melee. I'd say if I was to play someone right now I'd just barely be able to play as Marth and only Marth, my Falcon cant combo no more.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Alot of stuff annoys me about Brawl too much for it to be fun, I still have fun playing it but not half as much as Melee. Airdodges being too safe, no hitstun = no combos and lack of some of Melee's AT's like L-cancelling and Wavedashing are particular things that annoy me.

At least my Melee skills are picking themselves back up again, once again getting the hang of Wavedashing and SHFFL's. Just need to beat Matt and I should be set for the tournament.

Edit: As for the friendlies this weekend, sorry but I wont be able to make it, but you can add me for Brawl, finally got my Wii hooked up to the Internet.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
On the note of Soul Calibur 2: BRING IT TO THE TOURNEY! That game kicks ***. And gee, Dave, whaddya know? He's one of my mains :p Him, Talim and Voldo. God I love that blind cripple

And as for Smash... I havent played that in ages. Well, not properly. I was on a French exchange though and my correspendant had Smash 64 on emulator so I guess that counts. I won all the time though :D

Pikaville

Yeah definitely bring street fighter I got it a week ago and I love it.Ill bring a copy myself.
Im not sure who I like the best yet though.Probably Akuma,Ken or Gen.

BTW this may sound stupid but how much are we making the entry into the smash tournament?

I say a fiver at least ;)

Pikaville

Hey tournament is next week!

Cant wait!

I might bring guitar hero as well for in between matches.

So thats melee and brawl and wii etc,street fighter,guitar hero and possibly soul calibur 4.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
I'm giving up a band practice to come to this, mad commitment yo'.
Ooooh yeah with regard to the Wii I'm bringing, since I don't have Brawl it's not going to have any stuff unlocked on it..:ohwell:
Not sure how useful that'll be, but.. I can bring Rock Band if it's wanted. Maybe not the drums though, cumbersome, unweildy things.

Pikaville

Just remember that were here for smash(mainly).Don't want to get too distracted with other games.

So we ARE still doing brawl and melee yes?

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Mega psyched!
My friend has said he's definitely coming up, looking much forward to 7 or 8 straight hours smashing against you guys.

Forgot to mention, I can bring a camera for recording matches and such.

Ha, you wait for a post in this thread for weeks and then 2 come along in the same minute.
I wouldn't mind if there were no other games apart from Melee and Brawl to be honest, although I'd really enjoy a few rounds of Soul Calibur.

Pikaville

Yeah its gonna be good.Im gonna come early this year instead of arriving in half an hour late and hungover to f**k.

I CANT WAIT TO SMASH ALL DAY!

Oh and another question are we doing doubles as well?

Cuz I have my partner this year and he's never been to any tournaments that Ive told him about.I gotta get Dave down too so I can destroy his morale in front of everyone :D

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there saturday, I'll bring all the stuff I promised I'd bring but Im not bringing my 360, way too much stuff already, and Im coming to this straight from an all night party on Friday, so Im screwed!.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys, sorry I've been so quiet, but I'm in the process of moving flats, and NTL royally screwed me because they've got the worst goddam customer service in the known universe, and I still don't have internet in my new flat.

So basically at the moment I'm internetless, but I've made a trip specifically to my friend's house to put up a news post, so I'll be making a big post in the next half hour when I've got all the details written down.

So stay tuned.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I've updated the first post by blatently stealing the rules for the German Smash Attack and changed them where relevant, since they were really good and I don't need to re-invent the wheel.

Please re-read the first post now and ask any questions if you have them.

I’m all for playing other games, but I’m only organising the Smash aspects of this, and I’m not giving up any TVs to any other games.

Also can I please get a roll-call from everybody who’s attending, and what you’re bringing.

Just like last year, we need Gamecubes, we need Wiis, we need discs of both games.
I’d like recording equipment too, if you can bring it.

Pikaville

I'm bringing a TV a wii 2 gamecube controllers,1 brawl,1 melee.(Definitely)

Ill try to get Dave to bring his wii,smashes and controllers(Don't confirm his stuff though)

Im in and so is my mate Eoghan for sure.

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Hey we're not green anymore.. I enjoyed that far too much for it to end so abruptly.

I'm coming along with my friend Seamus, each of us bringing a control pad (he's possibly bringing 2), I'm bringing a Wii with no saved Brawl data on it.. I've a Melee disk to bring, he might be bringing a Brawl disk.

Also, great bit of business getting the Nintendo freebies, Dave!

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
What's the earliest time we could start showing up at? I'd happily head down around 9 or 10am if there're games to be had at that hour.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!

Quick news update

1) I have internet again, so I can check and reply to this topic every half hour till tomorrow

2) We have an official page on ESports.ie it is visible here

3) Convention Centre doesn't open until 10am, so if you want to show up early for friendlies, feel free

4) NTL are the worst company in the world

5) I got the freebie package from Nintendo

Pikaville

Ha I feel for you Dave,NTL have givin me and mates loads of trouble too.Took them 2 weeks to fix the internet in our gaff.

Good work on the freebies too.Your the best organiser ever.

Ill see you later today.Ill be there at around 10-10:30 to get set up and play some games.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Good games everybody, congratulations to:

1st Aidan
2nd Nathan
3rd Liam

Big Gratz to Aidan and Nathan for topping the competition again.

Extra gratz to Liam as the surprise newcomer.

Proper write-up forthcoming, but for now I'll see you all tomorrow for Brawl.

If anyone finds an extra Melee disc in their bags, that's mine, so please bring it.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Dave for organising the tournament again, and thanks Lauri and Darragh for keeping tabs on the tournament brackets. Dave, those Marth mirror matches were intense! Aidan, you owned me once again...I'll see you next year!

I couldn't make it for Brawl today, party last night. Looking forward to hearing about how it went.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Interesting day today.

Nobody from Smashboards (who wasn't staying the night at my flat) attended today.

Everyone else from yesterday was there again.

The competition was dominated by the nice gents from DCU who owned this tournament.

Unfortunately due to a lack of Brawl discs and completed save files it took us longer to get through the brackets, and the 7th round of the final between Shane K and David (not me) was stopped by the convention centre janitor, and we were all booted out of the building.

I missed this particular bit though because I was doing a Heuston station run to get Darragh, Jack, Sean and Seamus to their respective trains.

Big gratz to David and Shake K for getting to the final, hpoefully we'll get to finsh that match at my flat at some point in the future.

A huge thank you to Lauri needs to be said for her epic management of the brackets and the assigning of TVs, which went off without a hitch under her watchful eye.

Aidan, I think you left your spare Gamecube memory cards at the con, I have them for you.

Matt if you can let me know any day you can meet near where you live to get back my Melee disc I can fit it into my work schedule.

Proper write-ups and bracket listings pending, but right now I need some sleep, it's been a really busy weekend
Zzzzzzz

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
Nobody from Smashboards (who wasn't staying the night at my flat) attended today.
Hey!

Enjoyed that greatly, would have liked to have gotten in some more friendlies, but having my Pikachu get kicked around the place in the tournament did my Brawl skills the world of good.
Shame there wasn't time to end the final or have the rest of the doubles matches, but well done to the winners anyway.
Roll on next year!

Pikaville

Sorry about today.My sister went in to hospital .Shes having her second kid so I had to be at home to watch my granny.

Big thanks to Dave who without we would have nothing.Im just sorry I didnt get to play some people properly(Dave and Matt especially)
If I try to organize a tournament for the end of summer would people attend again?Dave maybe you could help with your organizing expertise.This time we need some English players.

BTW Dave,tell your Nephew Jack to keep practicing and he'll probably win next year,he could be amazing with some practice.That guy knows what he's doing.

BTW im extremly wasted right now.

Top Bottom