• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hi to all the Sydney smashers!

I'm not sure how many of you saw all my previous posts, but I just got into Sydney this evening and will be spending a few days here before I go back to the USA. I apologize for the short notice, but I didn't have any internet connection in Cairns.

Anyway, if any smashers from the area were interested in meeting up, I'd be happy to meet you guys and play some smash or tour a few of the sights. Problem is, internet here isn't free either, so I won't be able to get online much (if at all). As such, we would have to set things up via phone conversation. Perhaps we could even set up a smashfest or mini tournament if enough players are interested!

I'm staying at the Medina Executive, which is on 2 Lee Street (somewhere near the Opera House). If anyone is interested in setting something up, feel free to give me a call at 401-935-9115. It's a family cell, so don't be alarmed if someone else answers besides me (just ask to speak to Kyle). If nobody picks up (which is the most likely scenario), leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can. I should be able to travel a bit, but can't go too far since I don't have a rented car.

Sorry there isn't an easier way. If it's too much trouble, you could PM me instead, but the most I'll be able to log on is once a day (and perhaps not even once, given the awful prices).

It would be a lot of fun to meet you guys and get a chance for another smashfest or see some of the sights (the one held in Melbourne with Cao and the others was great!) I'm pretty much up for whatever works. I'll be touring the sites in the morning and the afternoon, so evenings would be best.

I hope we can set something up despite the short notice!

Edit-Hope people see this message heh its pretty low on the page.
Quoted for great justice!

I'm definitely up for some going out and Smash (both Melee and Brawl), however I'll be busy this Friday and Saturday :( as well as tomorrow.

As mentioned by Shaya, there's a tournament this Sunday if you're interested!

But yeah, how long are you in Sydney for? :D

unknownforce

Smash Lord
10 minutes left before I run out of time!

Sunday huh? Doh, I wish it was Saturday! I'm pretty sure I have to go back quite early on the 17th... Wish I could stay longer =\

I'll try logging back on tomorrow evening. Oh, and thanks for the quote!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Gah 10 minutes D:

no probs!

Let's all do something with Kyle on Friday and Saturday!

I can't go sadly though, as I've got work >.<

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
:( thats a shame man. wouldve been cool to have you come to our sunday tourney! easy loaction for you to get to as well from where youre staying. just 1 day....how annoying.

oh well...

Dedu

Smash Lord
@ tehdeath: nah you're cool man!
Just making punz at ur namezz.

Wait till Cao sees your avatar!
hmm...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I did, I wub you tedeth <3

Welcome to the Sydney Smash Scene! I'm there about 5 times a year, so we can probably Woxy it up yo

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
I'm all for the logo Jaz - although I also think it'd be a good idea to have a colour transition between the S and 3 to make it more distinguishable. If they could just be black and white, grey and white or something along those lines that'd make it look much better IMO.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
hey Shaya, you hang in the roundhouse much?
I might know you from there, cause I'm one of the guys that is always playing pool around there.
Sorry I cant make it to this tournament because its on Sunday but if your ever doing mid-week tournaments let me know

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
i hate you roundhouse pool players! you clog up the roundhouse, and make the queues longer for beer!

go play pool at the rege :p

jk

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Really really important news about the Tourney in the Boost thread...go read it now...

Barrbarian

Smash Rookie
if you can't be bothered putting it in this format i can't be bothered adding you

not being rude... well actually yeah i am sorry ._.

this is the internet though
lol. i was fighting sleep when i wrote that didn't think about the format

Name: Ed Barr
Melee Mains: Falco
Brawl Mains: R.O.B.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's more than just non-UNSW students.

Even fully fledged UNSW students aren't allowed to enter, supposibly.
Only those who are apart of my faculty (Computer Science & Engineering) would be allowed in... like well, I'm sure those with UNSW student cards would probably avoid issues with any security. But its those with nothing who'll be kicked out...

Like, what can be said? "Everyone in here forgot to bring their UNSW student cards, but I am allowed in here" "oh okay"... ughh.

Top Bottom