• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Jaz

Smash Ace

so this is a look at a possible kind of newer S3 logo...
doing this one nice and slow lol

LOOK AT ALL THE WORK I'VE DONE!

thats right all i did was join the S and 3 together same font

and.....
added a background thingo!

yeah so worth the edit..

Bjay

Smash Lord
As much as I like the idea of combining them together, it doesn't appear to look as good, personally I couldn't even recognise it till I read your post lol.

I think them being beside each other is much better.

But that's just my opinion lol

I do like the choice of font though.

unreon

Smash Ace
I disagree with Bjay. I LOVE the combination and think it's brilliant.

The logo at the back looks like the Smash Bros cross, albiet upside down. Was that intentional?

I like the direction you're going with this one; a minimalist design would be really cool. It has an Echocrhrome feel to it - if all characters are silhouettes again it would work fantastically! Just find something to allow us to change the colour template with each character.

GOOD WORK JAZ! Keep up the good work; we appreciate it muchly!

tedeth

Smash Master
Hey guys I'm from the Blue Mountains and I'm looking to get involved in Sydney's Smash scene a bit.

Just thought I'd introduce myself to you all.

If u wanna brawl or just chat my msn address is shmedhouse_productions@hotmail.com. I'm a pretty decent player always looking to improve. My main is Wolf but I use a variety so give us a shout if ur interested.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm from the Blue Mountains and I'm looking to get involved in Sydney's Smash scene a bit.

Just thought I'd introduce myself to you all.

If u wanna brawl or just chat my msn address is shmedhouse_productions@hotmail.com. I'm a pretty decent player always looking to improve. My main is Wolf but I use a variety so give us a shout if ur interested.
Welcome tedeth! Good to see you getting involved, if there are any Smash meets, I suggest you should attend them! They're always definitely lots of fun.

There's also a Sydney Smash tournament at UNSW this Sunday if you're interested!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185358

^ for more information on the tournament :)

if all characters are silhouettes again it would work fantastically! Just find something to allow us to change the colour template with each character.
Yes, I agree with this. I definitely think silhouettes would be the way to go, and would definitely suit the banner.

S.D

Smash Master
You're an ideas man Jaz.

It looks cool, but I would question whether people will recognise the symbol as S3.

But I like the direction you're heading, you bold visionary.

unreon

Smash Ace
Random question.

My DS cannot run Trauma Centre 2. I have an M3 Simply running v1.07. Anyone know how to let me get through?

"Could not access the data.

Please restart the system and reinsert the cartridge and try again."

Bjay

Smash Lord
Random question.

My DS cannot run Trauma Centre 2. I have an M3 Simply running v1.07. Anyone know how to let me get through?

"Could not access the data.

Please restart the system and reinsert the cartridge and try again."
Your best bet is probably to ask on gbatemp.

Do you know if it's just your M3 that has this problem, or if there needs to be some firmware update to patch it? As there always the odd game here and there, that doesn't work at first, until there's a patch.

Sorry, not much help, but I thought I'd mention some things that might be of help.

Jaz

Smash Ace
yep it is a smash cross subtle ='s pro?
lurkers if you don't want to post opinions pm me, this will be going on the banners, or will be changed before hand depending on feedback

give people a few days to get back to me with logo opinions

it is a little hard to recognise, but it may be more of a symbol than just 2 letters jumbled together, prince tried to turn himself into one of these o.O

xeno

Smash Ace
when I saw it I didn't know what it was until I read saying it was S+3.
Personally I like the smash symbol, that cross aligned in the lower-left of a circle. Smash Symbol + S3 next to it would be cool? *shrug*

unreon

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help Bjay, I managed to get it working when I updated my firmware.

Comon guys, I thought the S and 3 run-along was very very obvious. Really like the Smash cross, though I just thought you inverted the cross at first.

Nice start Jaz :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I like the new look of the 'smashish' logo in the background, but I'm a bit eh about the merging of the S and 3.

I presume S+3 means Sydney Smash Scene, ja? Is S3 then still apparant/appropriate? There seems to be many NSW pockets growing at this time, and many people with the other S3 signatures don't even live in Sydney (Turtle for one).

What I'm saying is, is 'S3' more of a problem than just the visual effect of combining the two?

Otherwise, the visual combination of the S3 is a bit confusing, but looks kind of snazzy. I can't decide.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I presume S+3 means Sydney Smash Scene, ja? Is S3 then still apparant/appropriate? There seems to be many NSW pockets growing at this time, and many people with the other S3 signatures don't even live in Sydney (Turtle for one).
S3 was where the whole scene grew though. It depends how big you want to classify Sydney, although I don't think you have to necessarily live in Sydney to have one, as long as you're part of the Smash Scene in general.

Alliteration after all has a nice ring to it, rather than something like NSW Smash Scene.

lol, deep much? :p

Bjay

Smash Lord
i havent seen it...can someone link or show me somehow?
for pat the noob who is lazy:

so this is a look at a possible kind of newer S3 logo...
doing this one nice and slow lol

LOOK AT ALL THE WORK I'VE DONE!

thats right all i did was join the S and 3 together same font

and.....
added a background thingo!

yeah so worth the edit..

Jaz

Smash Ace
lmao pat

as far as naming scenes go...
no one else really named anything smash related unless they put a crew together, only 2 proper crews in Aus, Tech and Ward.

oh and tournies

at the start of this thread or close to it Meteor Master suggested S3 and we adopted it.
and we named the first few Sydney tournies after S3 so it's stuck now.
If there comes a day where there is enough people outside of sydney to rival S3 as an active smash community we can talk again then. i know they are growing and i encourage growth, but I'm not about to prematurely award it.
I'd love for a whole city vs country thing or the Gong and the Hunter championships.

sadly... S3 is all we have right now.

so thats 3 for and 3 against with pat missing it lmao pat
you're the best

Bjay

Smash Lord
Personally, if there is a Sydney crew, I personally think S3 as a crew name is good enough, lol.

But eh, I'm not really into the whole crews thing, unless it's something like, an interstate tournament or something.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, then my criticism of the banner could perhaps be resolved with the 'S' and the '3' being of different colour schemes to make it more obvious. (A transition into eachother at the middle would be nice), it's all about colours in that regard.

I think it would look a lot nicer and satisfy both sides of the 'coin'.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
maybe put the 3 on top of the S? this will fail, but....

-----
___/
___\
/___
___/

...is what i'm getting at.

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
nah i think its cool. its a unique logo. it works.

shayas idea of having a colour fade from the s into the 3 wasnt a bad one though. thatd be cool too

w/e, i think its nice. go with it

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
yeah maybe ignore my idea. i somehow thought it lessened the number of horizontal lines. go me.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm for, too.

Although about the smash cross in the background, I think that's a neat idea and the effect is nice, but the cross itself is kinda wonky. :/

Maybe I'm just nitpicking but it looks a bit weird. Otherwise, great start.

xeno

Smash Ace
I've always imagined black shirts that have a blue smash logo and the word Sydney next to it as a SSS shirt.. *psyduck*

Bjay

Smash Lord
>____________________>

edit -

anyway, since we've got the smash cross, what about the whole smash ball, rather than just the whole cross? just a thought - like we've got in the current S3 sig.

xeno

Smash Ace
.. that's what I meant, the cross inside the ball, not just the mis-aligned cross..
... in 2d.. not 3d.. yeah I called it the cross not the smash ball b/c it existed before Brawl

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
Why not get the southern cross and put it inside the smash cross?

i dunno if thats a serious comment or not XD

I like the banner as-is. . . .

Although I have no idea what S3 is D=

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hi to all the Sydney smashers!

I'm not sure how many of you saw all my previous posts, but I just got into Sydney this evening and will be spending a few days here before I go back to the USA. I apologize for the short notice, but I didn't have any internet connection in Cairns.

Anyway, if any smashers from the area were interested in meeting up, I'd be happy to meet you guys and play some smash or tour a few of the sights. Problem is, internet here isn't free either, so I won't be able to get online much (if at all). As such, we would have to set things up via phone conversation. Perhaps we could even set up a smashfest or mini tournament if enough players are interested!

I'm staying at the Medina Executive, which is on 2 Lee Street (somewhere near the Opera House). If anyone is interested in setting something up, feel free to give me a call at 401-935-9115. It's a family cell, so don't be alarmed if someone else answers besides me (just ask to speak to Kyle). If nobody picks up (which is the most likely scenario), leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can. I should be able to travel a bit, but can't go too far since I don't have a rented car. You could also call the hotel itself (61-2-8396-9800) and ask to speak with room 78.

Sorry there isn't an easier way. If it's too much trouble, you could PM me instead, but the most I'll be able to log on is once a day (and perhaps not even once, given the awful prices).

It would be a lot of fun to meet you guys and get a chance for another smashfest or see some of the sights (the one held in Melbourne with Cao and the others was great!) I'm pretty much up for whatever works. I'll be touring the sites in the morning and the afternoon, so evenings would be best.

I hope we can set something up despite the short notice! I'll be here until the 17th, but the 16th would be the last day I could make plans.

Edit-Hope people see this message heh its pretty low on the page.

Top Bottom