• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol xenOMG and xenOHN? :p Haha, Xeno is like our own meme among S3 now :p

Anywho, seriously I'm quite open so my votes go to both, whichever wins I'll be happy with. I just wanna know some dates please, as in, last day to pre-register, cmon dates PEOPLES please <3

thx. :)

- FINALLY it posted. Posting wasn't working for like a few hours ;-;

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OHN is my vote too.

My ulterior motive is to compare the pettableness of Beowulf vs. Greasecat. But also I'd like catching up with everyone as my holiday break starts now and I'd just like to play everyone again so we can like, get all pro and stuff. And there's this thing called the bus. Usually cheaper than the plane, I can take that both ways and if the tourney covers most of that in winnings then that's just what i'll take... I ran out of Persian traitors to kick into large bodies of water, so may Sam rest in peace. <3

Squishy Boozer time

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Petting Beowulf and Greasecat are two very different experiences; First of all with Beowulf, aka Vampire Cat, you only have a space of about...30 seconds to a minute of petting before for some unknown reason she will bite you, not a hard bite...but a bite none the less.

Greasecat on the other hand literally will do anything it can to be petted, and will completly lean into your hand whilst you are doing so. However! It lives up to its namesake in such that you walk away from the experience with a hand full of cat grease!

Thus it comes down too: A cat that is slightly hazardous, but leaves you with an over all pleasent petting experience. Or a cat that is a glutton for attention, and judging by its size food!, but leaves you feeling that you just shook hands with a bacon sandwhich...but not as nice smelling...

But I suppose you will have to decide, but it would be good for you to come down and take all of our moniez again, always good times...

xeno

Smash Ace
In other words, Smash at Xeno's place or elsewhere tomorrow. Xeno can travel. Practice is needed for either OMG or OHN, so don't be shy!

Dedu

Smash Lord
Reply.
Reply.
0_0

Reply.
Reply.
-_-'

Sounds too much like Dalek. Exterminate! Exterminate!
Well at least there's a xenopost going on ATM.

Dunno if I'll come tomorrow - just had smash today with Joe and CS. Needsa TV breaksa!

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
Petting Beowulf and Greasecat are two very different experiences; First of all with Beowulf, aka Vampire Cat, you only have a space of about...30 seconds to a minute of petting before for some unknown reason she will bite you, not a hard bite...but a bite none the less.

Greasecat on the other hand literally will do anything it can to be petted, and will completly lean into your hand whilst you are doing so. However! It lives up to its namesake in such that you walk away from the experience with a hand full of cat grease!

Thus it comes down too: A cat that is slightly hazardous, but leaves you with an over all pleasent petting experience. Or a cat that is a glutton for attention, and judging by its size food!, but leaves you feeling that you just shook hands with a bacon sandwhich...but not as nice smelling...

But I suppose you will have to decide, but it would be good for you to come down and take all of our moniez again, always good times...
Lol.. mad post simon

*to

forky

Smash Apprentice
Seems like it Jaz.

So, who's pre-registering?
Could someone possibly PM me or just post some form of details about OHN for me, i haven't been following closely and therefore no absolutely nothing detail wise, but i should be attending given it's possible and doesn't collide with my job.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I have a proposal and summary.

Okay, I know Brinton's confirmed SSBM in OHN.

I've looked into it a bit tonight after arriving home.

Smash isn't on the schedule, so this means it's a DIY tourney.

Good news. Looks like as long as we treat this like a NORMAL S3 ($10 Doubles and Singles), the only thing we're only doing extra is paying a Registration fee of either $25 or $35.

I've looked on the OHN Forums a bit as well, I say that just for the sake of it, and for other reasons (in a sec), that the tournament be posted on OHN Forum.

Tournament threads

Why?

* Attract more players
* The rules will be up, which means more people will knows the rules, can practice for it, and means less hassle (Animania anyone?)
* ???

Now. OHN goes for 2 days. Is it gonna be a tournament that lasts over 2 days? Or 2 separate tournaments? Or just 1 tournament? 2 tournaments opportunity doesn't come often, well it did at S3 Cubed, but this time it's in the glasshouse.

Well, I was gonna post more I think, but I've summed up the important stuff anyway, uh, I have a question

* Will Brinton be a part of our Smash tourney again? :D
* What's the schedule of time for our Smash tourney? Start to end estimate?

Jaz

Smash Ace
well, brinton hasn't got back to me on msn, so i'm going to email him your questions bjay

the tourny isn't advertised, so i don't know what the fee's are for... food and drinks?
at least animania had alternate entertainment

Dedu

Smash Lord
Ah cool!

I fully agree with the verdict for xenon. Price is cheaper than aninoobia entry fee.

Preregs yet? Or do i just come and pay on the day?
What can I do to help apart from msn convos?

xeno

Smash Ace
So we pay $25 to get in, then $5 for our own tournaments. We aren't even on their webpage.. who is sure we have the space + tvs for this?

Smash Brawl online play confirmed.
gay random matchmaking confirmed, but friends list are in..

Dedu

Smash Lord
dang

hmm looks like I'll try to pull in as well. We haven't had a tourney in a while!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
MKDS Wifi Anyone?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Get ready for LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I believe lag will only occur the further you live, since we're in the same state and country, there will be no lag. I believe lag will occur on something like 4 player Fountain of Dreams style though.

:D

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Bjay have you have never played an online, action based game before? Trust me, even if you live next door to each other...there will be lag....

FinalAtomicBustr

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys,

I'm Justin, I ran the Smash tourny at last year's OHN and I'm also one of the two main organisers for the OHN event.

Just a little clarification about Smash at this year's OHN.

Brinton of EGG is running Smash as a DIY tournament this year. If you cannot find it on the boards, its because he hasn't put it up yet. This doesn't mean it won't run though, as he has expressed interest to some of you here, and he's also approached both myself and Ziggy (the other main organiser) about running it as a DIY event. So as far as we're concerned its happening as a DIY tournament this year.

Basically, the only difference between a DIY tournament and an "official" tournament is that we won't provide you with a trophy, we won't handle your money, we won't provide you with hardware for the games and we get first picks of our own TVs for official tournaments. Other than that, its essentially the same thing. As long as you bring enough consoles & TVs for yourselves, you'll be fine running your own event without any interference from us providing you're not destroying our venue ;).

How you run your event, and how many you want to run if you have the facilities to do it, is up to you. Those of you that turned up last year will note that we had quite a few spare TVs not being used, so there is a good chance you'll have more than enough space and resources to work with this year as long as you coordinate it between your group. Don't rely on our TVs though, better be safe and bring as many as you think you'll need.

We know the venue entry is a little steep, but its to fund all the costs involved with the such a large scale event. That is why we are encouraging people to take advantage of the $10 discount by prepaying via paypal. This discount is only available until NEXT MONDAY. So please hurry and get your prepayments in. If you cannot pay via paypal, someone can pay on your behalf.

If you have any questions about OHN, please check the OHN6 website (www.ozhadou.net/ohn6) and the OHN6 forums (http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/index.php?c=6) to see if your questions have been answered. If you cannot find an answer, feel free to make a post to ask a question.

Top Bottom