• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Gorgant
Type: Grass / Steel
Ability: Rock Head / Battle Armor
HP: 108
Atk: 140
Def: 105
Sp Atk: 60
Sp Def: 95
Spd: 60
BST: 568
Appearance: Giant gorilla-like creature with metal plated "armor."
Amazingly bulky Pokemon that hits like a truck. Has a movepool of items like Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Bullet Punch, RockSlide, the Elemental Punches, and Iron Head. Great typing and 108 / 105 / 95 defenses are amazing, and is resistant to Stealth Rock while being immune to Toxic Spikes.

It's name Gorgant stems from: gorilla+giant

Edit: @ Writer: I've been studying NU for a bit. Trying to understand the more offensively-focused metagame. xD

-Terywj

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Modeath

This is meant to be an optional pseudo-legendary of sorts. There's only one of it in the game. Genderless, but CAN be mated with Ditto, interestingly enough.

Bio:

Appearance: A large black insect that looks like a cross between a moth and a scorpion. Spines run down its back. Red markings on its face and wings. 6 legs with feet that resemble sickles, with the front legs having 2 large sickles to resemble a scorpion's claws. It's tail has 3 prong-like stingers on the end.

Size: 11' 11''

Weight: 500 lbs

Pokedex: "An exceedinly rare Pokemon that has come to symbolise death and pain. It syphons blood to enhance the coloring of its exoskeleton."

Gameplay:

Type: Bug/Dark

HP: 117
ATTACK: 80
DEFENSE: 60
SPECIAL ATTACK: 145
SPECIAL DEFENSE: 60
SPEED: 100

Ability: Blood Syphon (Damaging an opponent with bug-type attacks raises Modeath's attack by 1 stage)

Level moves:

starts at level 40 with Mega Drain, Dark Pulse, bite, and harden
55: Crunch
66: Silver Wind
77: Blood Wave (Dark Type. Special Based. 100 accuracy. Deals set 100damage normally but for every stage Modeath's Attack is boosted, it deals 70 more damage. 10 PP)
88: Bug Buzz
99: Oversee (Normal type. Modeath automatically goes last, and then he is switched-out while retaining any boosts to his Attack stat. The next time Modeath is sent into play, he will automatically be given the boosts he had when using this move. 5 PP)
100: Nasty Plot

TMs:

TM02 (Dragon Claw)
TM03 (Water Pulse)
TM04 (Calm Mind)
TM05 (Roar)
TM06 (Toxic)
TM10 (Hidden Power)
TM15 (Hyper Beam)
TM17 (Protect)
TM19 (Giga Drain)
TM20 (Safeguard)
TM23 (Iron Tail)
TM27 (Return)
TM30 (Shadow Ball)
TM32 (Double Team)
TM36 (Sludge Bomb)
TM40 (Aerial Ace)
TM41 (Torment)
TM42 (Facade)
TM43 (Secret Power)
TM44 (Rest)
TM47 (Steel Wing)
TM48 (Skill Swap)
TM51 (Roost)
TM54 (False Swipe)
TM58 (Endure)
TM60 (Drain Punch)
TM61 (Will-O-Wisp)
TM62 (Silver Wind)
TM63 (Embargo)
TM65 (Shadow Claw)
TM66 (Payback)
TM68 (Giga Impact)
TM75 (Swords Dance)
TM76 (Stealth Rock)
TM77 (Psych Up)
TM79 (Dark Pulse)
TM81 (X-Scissor)
TM84 (Poison Jab)
TM87 (Swagger)
TM88 (Pluck)
TM89 (U-Turn)

HM01 (Cut)
HM02 (Fly)
HM04 (Strength)
HM05 (Defog)

General Strategy: Modeath generally is a mixed offensive Pokemon though his typing may not suggest it. One of the big reasons for this is his Blood Wave move. After a single swords-dance worth of boosts he is dealing 150 damage, and with his Blood Syphon ability he can acquire attack boosts without having to spend turn using buff moves. If you use baton-pass to switch in to him he's only more deadly. Then you take into account his Oversee move...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You better be glad you came in early, because if that gets in, it'll probably be the first Uber in the SWF dex.

Also, that Oversee move sounds a lot like a crappy Baton Pass.
Also, with that monsterous attack Stat, Blood Syphon is amazingly broken. If its crossed with a moth, I imagine it flying, and thus Levitate would be more suitable. Because of this, Blood Wave is useless. Especially because at +6 you still can't OHKOing quite a number of things, which you could KO easily with another move at +2.

Edit: Noticed 657 BST. That thing, even if we Nerf it to a maximum degree, will still be one amazing Uber. I also examined that movepool, which is an Uber-sized movepool, with infinately many amazing moves.

Also, guys, seriously. Let's cut down on the custom abilities, at least TRY to stick to Pokemon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
You better be glad you came in early, because if that gets in, it'll probably be the first Uber in the SWF dex.

Also, with that monsterous attack Stat, Blood Syphon is amazingly broken. If its crossed with a moth, I imagine it flying, and thus Levitate would be more suitable. Because of this, Blood Wave is useless. Especially because at +6 you still can't OHKOing quite a number of things, which you could KO easily with another move at +2.

Edit: Noticed 657 BST. That thing, even if we Nerf it to a maximum degree, will still be one amazing Uber. I also examined that movepool, which is an Uber-sized movepool, with infinately many amazing moves.

Also, guys, seriously. Let's cut down on the custom abilities, at least TRY to stick to Pokemon.
you do realize that alot of MYMers are coming into this, right?

this means we'll be *gasp* CREATIVE! and not just conforming to the metagame. Sure, correct us if somethign is blatantly OP or UP, but dont slap levitate on somethign that doesnt have it just to claim its more broken than it is

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I purposley made him to be potentially an Uber, actually.

I didn't word properly, sorry. What I meant was that Modeath himself keeps his ATK buffs when he switches out, so when he comes back, he gets them right off the bat. I'll clarify in the post.

Also, with that monsterous attack Stat, Blood Syphon is amazingly broken. If its crossed with a moth, I imagine it flying, and thus Levitate would be more suitable.
Point noted. I'll nerf his attack power since I'd rather let him keep his unique ability instead of being the 9001st levitator.

Whoa, were his stats really that high? xD

Edit: I clarified Oversee, buffed Blood Wave, and nerfed his attack and both defense stats.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Gorgant
Atk: 140
Amazingly bulky Pokemon that hits like a truck. Has a movepool of items like Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Bullet Punch, RockSlide, the Elemental Punches, and Iron Head. Great typing and 108 / 105 / 95 defenses are amazing, and is resistant to Stealth Rock while being immune to Toxic Spikes.

-Terywj
Man, I love you. I think it's a little too much like Slaking, though...

EDIT: Actually, nerf the stats. Crud. I knew I should have said that first thing...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Gorgant
Atk: 140 <- What is this I don't even

Edit: @ Writer: I've been studying NU for a bit. Trying to understand the more offensively-focused metagame. xD

-Terywj
Color coded, self-explantory.

This is like the Aggron of OU.
With Bullet Punch.

JOE!

Smash Hero
fire destroys it, and its a grass primary with only 1 grass move....

o_O

anywho, what do you all say to the starters being:

Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting?

(also, will be making a pic for Kommodon)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wait, UltiMario, are you saying the defensive stats are too good for a Steel-type?

-Terywj
No, I'm saying that this is what Aggron would look something like if it was OU.

Not just that, but REAAAAAAALY OU.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
EDIT: @UltiMario's rate of Terywj's set.

I love how people see Bullet Punch on things with a high Attack stat and think OMFGBROKEN. It isn't Choice Band Technician Bullet Punch off 130 Base Attack with access to Pursuit. It's just 140 Attack Bullet Punch; and even with a Choice Band it's not nearly as threatening.

I really like it Terywj. Battle Armor is a little sketchy to me thanks to its defenses and Attack, but if its only physical Grass-type option is Wood Hammer then I don't see as big of an issue with it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Shuckle evolved! NO WAI

Huskith
Type: Bug / Rock
Ability: Shell Armor / Solid Rock
HP: 30
Attack: 10
Defense: 250
Special Attack: 10
Special Defense: 250
Speed: 5
Base Stat Total: 555

Notable movepool: Slack Off, Encore, Rest, Sleep Talk, Toxic, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Taunt, Stockpile, Substitute, Torment

JOE!

Smash Hero
the secondary types of the starter trio should either be:

dark-psy-fight (1st type negates psy and dark shenannigans)

or rock-fly-fight

thoughts?

@annoying: i thought that would make it iffy as an OU, but i dont know much comp. pokemon

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I always found the argument against Dark / Psychic / Fighting to be bullskrit. Who cares if Dark is immune to Psychic? It's not like your Alakazam is going to be using a move that does 50% damage against Umbreon amyways.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The triangle has to remain consistant. It HAS to be Rock/Fly/Fight

Also, Annoying, thats still no better than Shuckle. Its exactly the same.

Shuckle is NU because of its low HP. Heck, if Shuckle LOST 30 in each defense for 60 more HP, that'd be OU in no time..

@Writer: Yes, but Scizor doesn't have a Wood Hammer that can leave the world's biggest Dent in the OU metagame, and then finish off with said bullet punch. I don't think too much could RELIABLY switch into an EQ, Wood Hammer, and Fire Punch AND take a BP and not be finished off. Barring like, Bronzong, but Bronzong would just get 2-3HKO'd by FP

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
@ Writer: Yeah Battle Armor seems a bit...out of place, so if gets another ability it could be like...?

Thick Fat would make it too broken defensively, while Sturdy is just pointless.

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
The triangle has to remain consistant. It HAS to be Rock/Fly/Fight

Also, Annoying, thats still no better than Shuckle. Its exactly the same.

Shuckle is NU because of its low HP. Heck, if Shuckle LOST 30 in each defense for 60 more HP, that'd be OU in no time..
but rock/fly/fight raises problems with inter-balance (water/fly has the ability to wreck the other two) and fire/fight has been done twice allready for starters...

Baloo

Smash Ace
Unnamed Possessed Suit of Armor

Type : Ghost / Steel
Ability - Battle Armor
Evolves from - none
Evolves into - none
Stats:
Hp - 70
Attack - 120
Defense - !90
Sp Attack - 20
Sp Defense - 100
Speed - 100
Appearance - A suit of silvery armor, from inside the helmet two glowing purple eyes can be seen. In it's shiny form, it is golden and the eyes are green. It's right hand is a sword, it's left a shield.

Movepool
We'll get to that once these stats are approved.

JOE!

Smash Hero
We're not deliberately trying to make a Pokedex full of competitively viable Pokemon. Why not?
this. This dex is stated in the Op to not be soley focused on the competitive metagame, and just for fun.

however, blatant OP or Up things is somethign we should look out for

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Of course. But then again Rock Head / Sturdy is just like Aggron..

-Terywj
Why not remove Rock Head, then? I mean, gorillas aren't exactly known for headbutting each other. Leave that to the Stantler.

And Steelix, Golem and Sudowoodo have the same abilities, mind you.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Move - Magma Pool: Pokemon that switch in lose 6% of their health and are burned. Can't exist with Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or Stealth Rock, and typing doesn't effect damage dealt (except for Fire-types, which are immune). Flying-types and those with Levitate still take 6%, but aren't burned.

I don't know. I just wanted to make a new entry hazard. I also considered some sort of Ice-type entry hazard that worked like SR (but couldn't exist with SR), but I couldn't think of a name for it. Tell me what you think and what you would change about it.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Say, JOE!, it might be a good idea to list the current pokemon we've thought up. That way we won't have all our posts all over the place.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Say, JOE!, it might be a good idea to list the current pokemon we've thought up. That way we won't have all our posts all over the place.
right, lemme round em up...

but lemme say this again:

WE NEED STARTERS!

Grass/Dark, Fire/Psy, Water/Fight

Caterpiller

Smash Rookie
Machowl

Machowl (Pronounced 'Mach[as in mach speed]-owl,' a combination of 'machine' and 'owl') resembles a massive, floating egg with two pairs of wings sprouting from its back. Near the center of its grey-silver body are two small eyes, with a beaklike pattern inbetween them. Two large, clear, goggle-like lenses rest a few inches above his eyes. A pair of mechanical-looking feet sprout from beneath him, curled beneath his body.

BASE STATS

HP: 81
Attack: 51
Defense: 71
Speed: 71
Special Attack: 121
Special Defense: 81

Total: 476

ABILITIES

Adaptability/Battle Armor

MOVES

--: Rapid Spin
--: Harden
11: Slam
11: Wing Attack
21: Reflect
21: Light Screen
31: Metal Claw
31: Confuse Ray
41: Steel Wing
41: Roost
51: Mirror Shot
51: Mirror Coat
61: Flash Cannon
61: Air Slash
71: Hyper Beam

TM06: Toxic
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM29: Psychic
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM32: Reflect
TM33: Double Team
TM34: Shock Wave
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM43 Secret Power
TM44: Rest
TM47: Steel Wing
TM50: Overheat
TM51: Roost
TM52: Focus Blast
TM57: Charge Beam
TM64: Explosion
TM67: Recycle
TM68: Giga Impact
TM69: Rock Polish
TM73: Thunder Wave
TM74: Gyro Ball
TM89: U-Turn
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon

HM01: Cut
HM02: Fly
HM05: Defog

I've had an idea for a Pokemon like this for a while now-- a Special-Offensive Steel. I'll upload a picture later on.

Top Bottom