• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

JOE!

Smash Hero
The SWF-Dex

Welcome to the Smash World Forums-Dex, the community-made Pokedex!

CLICK HERE FOR EVERYTHING EVER MADE IN THE THREAD​

For those of you who may remember, here is the previous attempt at a community custom-gen project.

This project however is not aiming to be so broad as to be an entire new generation, but rather a shadow of the SmashCAP in making custom Pokémon, but following the lay-out made by the games (starters-filler-legends-etc) and without such a focus on the metagame. In other words, this is a community center to share your custom Pokémon ideas, whether it be for fun or to add to the competitive game (we will be adding the SmashCAP pokes to the dex).

Pertaining to the "model" mentioned, we will need the following:

3 Starters
You know the deal, grass-fire-water. We will need a vote on what to use, as I am sure everyone has an idea for at least one starter.

I personally plan on making each of the final forms a type combination not seen by any other starters, but it's not that set-in-stone yet.

Filler Pokémon
The next step is the filler Pokémon you see between the starters and pseudo-legendaries (except Garchomp..)

For an idea of how to fill this, keep in mind the average number of types per generation:

Normal: 20
Fighting: 6
Flying: 16
Poison: 13
Ground: 12
Rock: 9
Bug: 12
Ghost: 5
Steel: 7
Fire: 8
Water: 23
Grass: 14
Electric: 7
Psychic: 13
Ice: 6
Dragon: 5
Dark: 6

This counts both pure and split types. We should try to follow a similar model (or diverge slightly) as it reflects how rare or common certain types are.

How this will work is simple: If for example, we get flooded by ICE types, seeing as they're a rarity we will vote on which submissions will fit into our Dex in order to reach a goal of about 150 Pokémon.

For further info about the types, the list of Pokémon by Type and unused type chart shows all current and non-existent type combinations.

Legendaries
The slightly more fun section, we will need a Pseudo legend or two (usually the premiere dragon type), a Trio and 1-2 ubers or other legendaries.

As with the starters, we will vote on these ones, and they will come at the end of the pokedex. It would be nice if we get new ubers/legends that aren't part psychic or dragon for once...

Miscellaneous
Things such as ideas for a new region, new plot, etc can also be suggested if you have ideas for them. After all, what's a new set of Pokémon without a new chapter of the Pokémon lore?

New Moves are also encouraged as they are as iconic as new Pokémon, especially if your Pokémon comes with a signature move! Just be sure to explain the move, and not just slap it on as "Super Tackle" or something.

The same goes for your Pokémon, make sure you explain what they are and anything significant about them. For example, you post an idea for a fish Pokémon:

Make sure you have it's name, type (besides just water if necessary) and a bit of a bio like a pokedex entry of sorts. You will also probably want a picture of your Pokémon, or something relating to it (if it is based on a creature or such). Stats and move-pools are optional.

And most importantly, have fun!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
We need more Fire-types.

But let's hope the 3rd run at a Next Gen. thread goes smoothly.

Along with the SmashCAPDex that will be made, the finished SmashCAPs can also be added here as well.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
We need a Fire/Water type. For Lulz.

We also need a Fire/Ice Type, but it needs Magic Guard so it doesn't get ***** by everything.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Oh. Are we allowed to nerf entry hazards?

-Terywj
like spikes, stealth rock, etc?

i dont see why not, as long as you dont go overboard like: "stealth rock does 1 damage" etc...

also, to get things going, lets get some ideas for starters!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lessee...my original idea for the Fire-type starter was...

Terex -> Jaruv-> Arouv

The final form resembled a sort of dinosaur with large claws. I'll work on base stats later.

-Terywj

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I've always had this idea for a while, but never felt motivated to make it, so here it is:

Fire/Water type: Steam
Fire/Flying type: Smoke
Water/Ground type: Mud
Water/Flying: Mist
Flying/Ground: Dust

Go crazy.

JOE!

Smash Hero
fire/flying has been done, theyre called Charizard, Moltres and Ho-Oh, and water/ground has been done too

water/flying is done too...

ground/flying as well

Baloo

Smash Ace
So Pokemon who's types have previously existed are impossible?

Just because a types been done before doesn't mean it shouldn't be used again.

Also: Possessed suit of armor: Ghost / Steel. Knows Ghost, Steel, Dark, Psychic, Fighting type moves. Air Slash too since he has a sword.

Discuss.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So Pokemon who's types have previously existed are impossible?

Just because a types been done before doesn't mean it shouldn't be used again.

Also: Possessed suit of armor: Ghost / Steel. Knows Ghost, Steel, Dark, Psychic, Fighting type moves. Air Slash too since he has a sword.

Discuss.
That was called Fantarmour, an evolution of Banette.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I actually made a Steel/Ghost Fakemon before, Enigmetal.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'm a little comfused at the new type thing. Say we have a couple of Pokemon of the Water/Ground combo. Does this mean we take off two for both Water and Ground or just for Water (the primary type)?

Right now I'm thinking of a good Grass/Steel type that I've been fantasising about for a while...

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
For curiosity's sake, here are the three possible "type triangles" other than Fire/Grass/Water where type X is super effective on Type Y and Type Y is not very effective on type X:

Dark/Psychic/Fighting doesn't work because of Psychic being ineffective on dark, instead of not very effective.

If we want we could use one of these instead of the standard, but Fire/Grass/Water makes the most sense logically. Could be unique though.

And by request, here are the "type squares".

All of this determined using the Ultimate Type Tool.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm a little comfused at the new type thing. Say we have a couple of Pokemon of the Water/Ground combo. Does this mean we take off two for both Water and Ground or just for Water (the primary type)?

Right now I'm thinking of a good Grass/Steel type that I've been fantasising about for a while...
its not like that as much as a bearing on what the most over-used types are.

cool info Wizz, perhaps we coudl work the 1st one into our final starter forms to add some more dynamics between them?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Would it be totally outrageous to add a new type, like Sound?

More ideas:

Moss Pokemon (Mossmiss, Mossmess, Mossmass, Mosso, Mossman, Mossmon, Mosser, Mosster, Mossmonster, Monss)
Fire / Water Ying Yang legend
A Gravity Pokemon
Chimecho Evolution, like a weird, mystycal One Man Band or something
Hamster Pokemon = Generic Normal Type at beginning
Midas Blenny as generic fish.
A proper Pigeon (Pigdeot is NOT a pigeon) pokemon.
Toast Pokemon
Castform evolution.

Just throwing possible ideas out there, in case any of you find them interesting.

EDIT - WIZZERD WANTS CREDIT FOR THE MOSS POKEMON

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
its not like that as much as a bearing on what the most over-used types are.
Doesn't quite fully answer it. Let me give a better example. If we get, say, twenty Water/Ghost types, that's the most common type with the tied-lowest. It's still below Water's guideline, but it's far above Ghost's. Does this warrant a vote on it?

Baloo

Smash Ace
My god, I just suddenly had the most terrifying urge to think up a Missingno. homage Pokemon...
Missingno should become a legit legendary. Seriously.

??? Type, Uber Special Attack Stat, Ability lets it clone 6th slot of item by 100000, Super Glitch as signature move...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Missingno should become a legit legendary. Seriously.

??? Type, Uber Special Attack Stat, Ability lets it clone 6th slot of item by 100000, Super Glitch as signature move...
Or it could even be an alternate evo of Porygon2... evolves by trade while holding Red/Blue game cartridge. :laugh:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I want to see a Fire/Poison type for a starter. And although I can't find it, I know I posted a picture of an animal in the Next Gen thread that we could actually use for this specific typing. Behold, the Australian Desert Lizard.

Neutral to SR, (probably) physically bulky, and gains access to both WoW and Toxic Spikes? Holy **** yes please.

EDIT: If this thread brings in a scrubstorm like the last one I'm going to stab someone in the eye. You've been warned.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
About my Grass/Steel type (sorry if I'm getting too far ahead here), maybe I could use this:

Something like good HP, Attack and Defence, passable Sp. Def., but really, really poor Sp. Atk and Speed. Could make an interesting counter for Tyranitar.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Bug/Lighting-Type pokemon: Insectric. Possibly based on a firefly.

EDIT: Also, an alternate Psyduck evolution based on a Mallard (Water/Flying)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Voxslosion

I’m pretty bleh on names. The basic design is based off Torterra – a dinosaur like thing on all fours with a volcano on it’s back, though the actual dinosaur part is all poisonous and oozy like Muk and there’s no real “head” to the beast. Genderless. This is meant to be a 2 stage Pokemon, though the stats/movepool are meant for the final evolution.

Type: Fire/Poison
Abilities: Gooey Remains (When the Pokemon dies, it leaves behind level 2 Toxic Spikes)/ Sticky Hold
Stats: 128 HP/ 60 Atk / 133 Def / 42 SpAtk / 113 SpDef / 45 Speed

Level up-Moves:
Tackle (Default)
Leer (Default)
Harden (6)
Poison Gas (8)
Ember (11)
Acid (17)
Sludge (25)
Flame Wheel (29)
Acid Armor (32)
Slime Blast (38) (Posion type Dig based off Special Attack. Can’t be hit by Earthquake when “underground”. He can “cancel” the generic dig based attack after he goes underground into anything else he pleases, aside from just “digging” again. This is the main thing that makes him a viable defensive Pokemon despite being quad weak to Earthquake. You can use it in conjunction with Protect to be unstoppable, but this only has 10 PP.)
Sludge Bomb (45)
Flamethrower (52)
Eruption (67)
Explosion (72)

TMs:
Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Return
Double Team
Reflect
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm
Fire Blast
Rock Tomb
Torment
Façade
Secret Power
Rest
Overheat
Endure
Will-o-Wisp
Embargo
Explosion
Giga Impact
Stealth Rock
Rock Slide
Sleep Talk
Swagger
Substitute
Trick Room
Strength
Rock Smash

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
About my Grass/Steel type (sorry if I'm getting too far ahead here), maybe I could use this:

Something like good HP, Attack and Defence, passable Sp. Def., but really, really poor Sp. Atk and Speed. Could make an interesting counter for Tyranitar.
I saw that and thought Grass/Rock as a fossil, but I guess Nintendo looked at it and thought they could use it for both Grass/Ground and Ground/Rock, as it's blatantly used in the designs for Torterra and Rhyperior. Nice try though. :\

And to note on the counter part, some Ttar carry a Fire-type move to take out all the different Steel-types that already wall his Rock/Dark STAB, and you're 4x weak to fire.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
@ MasterWarlord - Well, Writer sure got lucky, eh? I think Slime Blast is a little overpowered, however.

@ Writer Kupo - Doh. Totally forgot about Rhyperior. And the fire thing for TTar. But how's it used for Torterra?

EDIT: Actually, Writer, I was thinking it could already be there on the continent rather than you having to revive it. I mean, since Palkia, Dialga and Groudon are already based off dinosaurs, why not one more?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
neat, there any stats, or anythign else besides the sprite?

Name: Enigmetal
Type: Ghost/Steel
Ability: Levitate
Base Stats:
HP- 50
Atk- 85
Def- 105
SpA- 80
SpD- 130
Spe- 90
Total: 540

Level-Up Movepool:
Lv. --: Spite
Lv. --: Curse
Lv. --: Night Shade
Lv. --: Gravity
Lv. --: Thunder Punch
Lv. 03: Taunt
Lv. 08: Metal Claw
Lv. 14: Confuse Ray
Lv. 18: Iron Defense
Lv.22: Shadow Punch
Lv. 26: Will-O-Wisp
Lv. 31: Flash Cannon
Lv. 36: Ominous Wind
Lv. 42: Faint Attack
Lv. 49: Iron Head
Lv. 58: Mirror Shot

TMs & HMs:
01 Focus Punch
06 Toxic
10 Hidden Power
12 Taunt
15 Hyper Beam
16 Light Screen
17 Protect
18 Rain Dance
21 Frustration
25 Earthquake
27 Return
29 Psychic
30 Shadow Ball
31 Brick Break
32 Double Team
37 Sandstorm
43 Secret Power
44 Rest
49 Snatch
52 Focus Blast
60 Drain Punch
61 Will-O-Wisp
66 Payback
68 Giga Impact
73 Thunder Wave
76 Stealth Rock
82 Sleep Talk
90 Substitute
91 Flash Cannon
HM04 Strength
HM06 Rock Smash

Move Tutor Moves:
Block
Fire Punch
Gravity
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Mud-Slap
Ominous Wind
Pain Split
Spite
Sucker Punch
Snore
Swift
Thunder Punch

Egg Groups:
Indeterminate

Egg moves:
Disable (Grimer/Duskull/Ralts/Shuppet/Drifloon Line, Chimecho, Castform)
Destiny Bond (Ghastly/Koffing/Misdreavus/Ralts/Gulpin/Shuppet/Duskull/Drifloon Line, Wobbuffet, Spiritomb)
Pursuit (Duskull/Shuppet Line, Spiritomb)
Imprison (Ralts/Grimer/Misdreavus/ Duskull Line, Spiritomb)
Shadow Sneak (Shuppet/Duskull/Grimer/Misdreavus Line, Spiritomb)
Smokescreen (Koffing/Slugma Line, Spiritomb)

Ht- 3'11"
Wt- 86lbs

Dex Entry:
This spirit was initially created by a Pokemon that was caught in an accident related to man-made machines. It then multiplied by possesing pieces of metal, it eventually grew into an entire species.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Doesn't quite fully answer it. Let me give a better example. If we get, say, twenty Water/Ghost types, that's the most common type with the tied-lowest. It's still below Water's guideline, but it's far above Ghost's. Does this warrant a vote on it?
yeah, that would warrant a vote as we have a flood of pokemon with the same type...

and keep the ideas coming guys! :bee:

(although i regret to inform that not only would grass/steel be balls vs fire, the design is used by gen 4's starter <.<)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I actually didn't get lucky. That thing's nearly guaranteed to end up in Uber with its Ability, Defensive stats, and movepool. And the only thing that would keep it from functioning well there is its Psychic weakness; which is side-tracked by the fact that the user of the Poke probably actually enjoys its dying.

Torterra's body length and the spikes on each side of its head (as well as its shell kinda) make it more Ankylosaurus-ish than Tortoise-ish. Plus Bulbapedia said so.

JOE!

Smash Hero
indeed.

so for our starters, think we should branch them into the second typings of rock-fighting-flying?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Yeah. Was thinking it was too uber, though I'd prefer to keep the ability in-tact. I'm questioning whether to nerf defense or Slime Blast to further pronounce the ridiculous weakness to the most common move in the game.

I swear I didn't see Writer's post. Bah. Only so many type combinations.

I'm liking the idea of the secondary typing triangle while keeping the main one in-tact, Joe.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Having Grass/Fighting, Water/Flying, and Fire/Rock would optimize balence.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Having Grass/Fighting, Water/Flying, and Fire/Rock would optimize balence.
water is now x4'ed by elec, fire is now x4'ed by rock, and grass would be x4ed by flying....

now, that is kinda silly as the water starter now has a stupid advantage on the grass one, and the fire...

fire/fighting has been done 2x in a row, so we dont want that, and the rock has a super-weakness...

for, fire/flying..

which leaves water/fighting and grass/ROCK?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Question:

Are we going to be / are we considering the impact of this generation of Pokemon on the competitive battling scene?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Even if it's not meant to be, I know that I am looking at it from the standpoint of the current OU metagame. And assuming Terywj is kinda the same as me (and probably half the people here as well) in that regard, then we'll also have someone looking at it through the eyes of the UU metagame. I highly doubt we're going to have to worry too much about creating something that can rip every metagame in half, if that's what you're intending by your question.

Does anyone here frequently play Ubers or NU? <.<

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Kommodon

Komodo dragon/basilisk type pokemon.

Ability - Terrorize: Lowers the Special Attack of enemies when Kommodon enters battle. Essentially Intimidate for Special Attack.

HP: 60
Attack: 80
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 130
Special Defense: 40
Speed: 120
Total: 500

--: Scratch
--: Poison Sting
--: Bind
--: Leer
7: Bide
10: Poison Fang
15: Acid
18: Mean Look
20: Dragon Breath
22: Dragon Rage
28: Roar
30: Hypnosis
35: Toxic Spikes
37: Poison Gas
39: Take Down
44: Deathly Gaze (Pokemon to switch in on the turn this is used are paralyzed. Goes with a general theme of punishing switch ins with Kommodon, along with Terrorize and access to Close Combat, Stone Edge, Earthquake etc.)
52: Close Combat
63: Outrage

TM01 (Focus Punch)
TM02 (Dragon Claw)
TM05 (Roar)
TM06 (Toxic)
TM08 (Bulk Up)
TM10 (Hidden Power)
TM12 (Taunt)
TM15 (Hyper Beam)
TM17 (Protect)
TM21 (Frustration)
TM23 (Iron Tail)
TM26 (Earthquake)
TM27 (Return)
TM28 (Dig)
TM31 (Brick Break)
TM35 (Flamethrower)
TM36 (Sludge Bomb)
TM41 (Torment)
TM54 (False Swipe)
TM58 (Endure)
TM59 (Dragon Pulse)
TM61 (Will-O-Wisp)
TM65 (Shadow Claw)
TM66 (Payback)
TM68 (Giga Impact)
TM69 (Rock Polish)
TM71 (Stone Edge)
TM75 (Swords Dance)
TM76 (Stealth Rock)
TM84 (Poison Jab)
TM87 (Swagger)
TM90 (Substitute)
HM01 (Cut)
HM04 (Strength)
HM06 (Rock Smash)
HM08 (Rock Climb)

Never really done this before. Feel free to correct me on anything broken or anything.

Top Bottom