• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
:4myfriends::4ryu::4falcon::4metaknight::4villager::4rob::4luigi:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4wario::4dk::4peach::4pacman:

+:4myfriends: (Counter-Vote. He's a great character that's been improved on massively as of late. He should stay up.)
- :4ryu: (Counter-Vote. I don't think he's Top 10 material. He needs to stay down.)

Affluent Brit

Smash Rookie
:4falcon::4luigi::4pit::4darkpit::4metaknight::4myfriends::4villager::4peach::4dk::4rob::4wario::4pacman::4ryu:

+:4falcon:: A great character who I feel is very under appreciated in the game. He has his flaws, but I think he is certainly on par with, or superior to, that of Ness and Yoshi.
-:4ryu:: Ryu honestly just seems overhyped. He's alright, and he has had some luck competitively, but he really is not anything special. Abadongo has a great Pac-Man, but that doesn't mean that Pac-Man is amazing.

D

Deleted member 269706

How funny would it be if all of these counter votes for Ike ironically sent him up to the next tier?

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
3::4ryu::4villager::4metaknight::4falcon::4pacman::4rob:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4luigi::4wario2::4myfriends::4peach::4dk:

:4ryu:+1: I think this is the only character that needs to move up, the rest of the tier is fine in my opinion. I know he already has a lot of votes to go up, but as I think no others need move up or down, Ryu gets my vote. I have stated my opinion on Ryu before. Great combo game, great kill power (some moves of which he can combo into and kill at ludicrous percents), good options and mix up ability, an above average weight and multiple recovery mix up moves give him good survivability, a move that can break full shields instantly, the general scare factor, and overall good matchups. I'll be honest, personally I think Ryu has the potential to be top 5, but more results I think are yet to prove otherwise. As of now, I see him around mid tier 2. When somebody breaks open what this character can do...

:4metaknight:-1: Now, this is actually a vote to hopefully counter the Meta Knight up votes. I cannot see Meta Knight hanging with the likes of Mario, Sonic and Diddy Kong for example. I do think he is a great character however, and deserves to be near the very top of this tier, but certainly not with the ones in tier 2. The only change I think this tier needs is Ryu, and he needs to go up.

I may come back and use my second vote on somebody else later, but as of now, with my votes, I really think this tier is fine as is. To name a few for example... I think :4luigi: fine in this tier. The nerf to his down throw only really nerfed his KO ability, as he still has among some of the most damaging combos in the game. Yeah, he still has bad traction and slow air speed which can hinder an approach, but the potential for his combos is just too much for me to put him lower. I don't think :4myfriends: deserves to go down. It's been shown what he can do many times now, and he has results to back him up. Though my opinion of :4wario2: has dropped a bit as of late, I still think he is a fantastic character that is under explored too. He is just so tough to play. Good overall frame data and incredible mix up ability makes this character a real threat when played right. :4peach: is an oddball that has a great set of moves but just requires even more skill than Wario. She has lots of great moves that flow and has above average kill porential too. She has decent overall matchups, but actually loses to a few lower down. Kinda like Samus in the fact that a Peach player has a different mindset to most of the other characters. Regarding :4dk:, I also think he is fine as is. Though IMO the worst in this tier, I still think he is better than the likes of Lucario and Olimar etc. Like Peach, he also loses a couple of matchups to characters below him, (Ironically, Samus beats them both pretty easily), but overall has more potential than the others IMO. The Ding Dong is also a reason to be above the others.

Last edited:

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
:4falcon::4luigi::4pit::4darkpit::4metaknight::4myfriends::4villager::4peach::4dk::4rob::4wario::4pacman::4ryu:

+:4falcon:: A great character who I feel is very under appreciated in the game. He has his flaws, but I think he is certainly on par with, or superior to, that of Ness and Yoshi.
-:4ryu:: Ryu honestly just seems overhyped. He's alright, and he has had some luck competitively, but he really is not anything special. Abadongo has a great Pac-Man, but that doesn't mean that Pac-Man is amazing.
considering 9B, 6wx, trela and mr.r all have had great showings with this character(granted they are all amazing players) i dont think its just the players... saying hes got nothing special... well hes got a move which kills around 90(lets not get rage involved *shivers*), can be easily comboed into by fast moves (utilt, dtilt) is stupidly safe to throw out even on whiff(not saying its completely safe but for its power and function its surprisingly safe) so can pretty much throw it out as a read, hes got great shield pressure and no trouble breaking shields, he has pretty good projectiles, they are nothing amazing but still useful tools, while his recovery is pretty gimpable, if u mess up in gimping it, its gonna hurt. focus attack is great, it lets him change his aerial movement, is a great tool for getting out of combos and landing in general, its only issue being multi hit moves, hes got good combos, hes got a good, useable spike and hits like a truck in general... i wouldnt say its all hype and that ryu is nothing special, he maybe getting overhyped(people putting him in top 5 for eg although i dont think thats overhyping him, but its debatable) and maybe im also overhyping him but i think hes easily top 10 :/

Edit: also, saying he has gotten lucky competitively... im sorry u can not do that well in major tournaments consitantly and call it luck, thats like saying pikas not a good character, esams just gotten lucky...

Last edited:

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
My predictions: :4dk: Will drop huge cause of all the idiotic down votes, :4myfriends: will drop a bit, and :4ryu: will be the new Sheik,
why are they idiotic? i didnt reply the first time (-1 :4myfriends: Please... by the way, what's up with all the dk hate? he's totally tier 3) but now im triggered ;) why do u think its laughable for ike to be in this tier yet dk is right at home?
what makes dk so good and ike so bad? im sorry i just dont see dk being overall better than ike whatsoever, what does dk have over ike?
and btw, u do realise if dk goes down he will be at the top(aka the best char) of tier four. likewise ryu will be at the bottom of tier 2, although since it isnt ordered yet thats irrelevant, but if ur implying ryu will move to tier 1, dont worry thats not how this voting phase works, the char with the most votes will move into the next tier above or below and will be placed as the worst or best character in that tier respectively (aka closest position to their current tier)

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
why are they idiotic? i didnt reply the first time (-1 :4myfriends: Please... by the way, what's up with all the dk hate? he's totally tier 3) but now im triggered ;) why do u think its laughable for ike to be in this tier yet dk is right at home?
what makes dk so good and ike so bad? im sorry i just dont see dk being overall better than ike whatsoever, what does dk have over ike?
and btw, u do realise if dk goes down he will be at the top(aka the best char) of tier four. likewise ryu will be at the bottom of tier 2, although since it isnt ordered yet thats irrelevant, but if ur implying ryu will move to tier 1, dont worry thats not how this voting phase works, the char with the most votes will move into the next tier above or below and will be placed as the worst or best character in that tier respectively (aka closest position to their current tier)
lol Dude. Those were my predictions. I wasn't trying to criticize anyone (except for the DK one).

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
lol Dude. Those were my predictions. I wasn't trying to criticize anyone (except for the DK one).
yes and im referring to the dk one(idiotic votes) and something u said earlier, so im asking u to explain why u think the dk down votes are idiotic and why its inconveivable/stupid that ikes in this tier(this i am "inferring" from your "please..." to explain ur ike downvote if its wrong then i appologise). before u missunderstand, im not trying to attack u for ur opinion, i just want to know ur reasoning for it and why u called my vote idiotic :/

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
:4falcon:+1

:4luigi:-1

Falcon is very under appreciated, he has an incredible ability to swing the momentum of the match in his favor at any moment. This is due to the fact that he has a very high reward on his aerial juggles and he has multiple options to achieve these based on what action his opponent takes. If his opponent spot dodges, he can pivot grab or run past > raptor boost in the opposite direction to lead into juggles. If his opponent shields, dash grab > down throw sets up guaranteed juggles. If his opponent rolls back, Falcon can punish this with a dash attack, which leads into juggles. Plus, if he misses his timing on any of these options, he has his gentleman as a quick escape from situations that can turn sour unless he acts quickly.

Luigi used to be broken for very similar reasons, but now that his juggles no longer have an insane reward attached to them, I feel he's much less effective as a character overall.

Uncle Trump

Smash Rookie
:4luigi::4falcon::4metaknight::4wario::4myfriends::4pacman::4ryu::4pit::4darkpit::4villager::4rob::4dk::4peach:

-:4ryu: Why are people recommending that he go up? He's good, but not as good as people are making him out to be. Consider this a counter-vote.
+:4luigi: He's been nerfed, but people are acting like he's been neutered. He's still a great character overall.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
yes and im referring to the dk one(idiotic votes) and something u said earlier, so im asking u to explain why u think the dk down votes are idiotic and why its inconveivable/stupid that ikes in this tier(this i am "inferring" from your "please..." to explain ur ike downvote if its wrong then i appologise). before u missunderstand, im not trying to attack u for ur opinion, i just want to know ur reasoning for it and why u called my vote idiotic :/
Well, that's just my opinion. I don't think Ike is worthy of tier 3 and I think DK is.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
To those who downvote :4pacman:, can I ask why? He's got amazing spacing and probably the best projectile, as well as great setups, power, and recovery. I don't really mind if he stays Tier 3 (though he could be higher), but being lumped with the likes of :4falco: and (likely) :4dk: would be insulting to his amazing potential.

Last edited:

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
:4metaknight::4ryu::4wario::4falcon::4rob:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4myfriends::4peach::4villager::4pacman::4luigi::4dk:

:4myfriends: +1
:4dk: -1

Like a few other users have stated previously, these will be counter votes.

Ike has achieved notable tourney placings recently, with placements in the Top 32 and Top 8 in TBH5 and MLG 2015, respectively. These results help to consolidate Ike as a Top 20 character.

Heavy, slow characters, tend to reach a plateau in their respective metagames faster, compared to quicker characters. This is not the case for Ike in SSB4 as I consider him an unconventional heavyweight. His hurtbox is not as large as many other heavies, such as Bowser. Another reason is that his combo potential is surprisingly good for his weight class. Furthermore, his moveset consists almost entirely of disjointed hitboxes, which allow him to space his attacks with ease, made even easier thanks to his F-air and B-air having SH auto-cancel properties. Changes to shield, as of version 1.1.1., further augmented this by increasing the safety of his attacks, especially his aerials and Jab 1.

In a few years from now, or maybe even months, the footstool meta may start to see more prevalence. Ike's footstool combos are among the easiest to set-up at low to mid percent via D-throw and N-air, which can result in damage up to +40%; the main factor to consider when setting up his footstool combos is his opponent's DI, which can be anticipated with reads.

Ike's metagame is still seeing development, and the character still appears to be garnering respectable results at local and regional levels; hence why I do not believe he belongs anywhere below Tier 3. His susceptibility to juggling is one of the main reasons he cannot be higher.

When most think of good Ikes, mainly Ryuga, Ryo, San come to mind. I would also recommend watching matches of SM's Ike. The player is gradually establishing himself as a competitive threat. This makes him the solid fourth best Ike, for me.

^-^

Last edited:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
3. :4ryu: :4metaknight: :4falcon: :4luigi::4peach::4wario: :4pacman::4villager: :4myfriends::4pit:/ :4darkpit: :4rob: :4dk:

+ :4metaknight:
+ :4falcon:

Before anyone says it, yes I know Ryu is before them. However people are already upvoting him enough to move a tier and I think these two need to go up as well.

Last edited:

PJB

Smash Cadet
+Ryu
+villager

The reasons for Ryu moving up have been said many times already. Villager is good at basically everything but grabbing, and ZSS shows us that a risky grab that has a high reward in no way prevents a character from succeeding. i believe villager is at least as good as ness or yoshi if not better

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All of these Ike and DK downvotes are going overboard...better them than Pit, Olimar, and Peach

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
inb4 ryu doesnt move up a tier because of "counter votes" and all these people saying "since ryu is moving up ill give my votes to x instead" :facepalm:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
inb4 ryu doesnt move up a tier because of "counter votes" and all these people saying "since ryu is moving up ill give my votes to x instead" :facepalm:
True, but the Ryu haters can bite it. That man literally came from the streets and decided to kick so much ***, that he's worthy of being in tier 2(tier 1...for now no, but a man can dream).

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I don't think people understand that :4ryu:can literally KO his opponents extremely early with Shoryuken (especially with rage). It's an incredibly devastating punish move and is super scary out of shield as well.

I'd say honestly Ryu is arguably one of the best power-heavies in the game who can consistently KO is opponents early thanks to his unique kit and moveset.

Last edited:

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
Villager is good at basically everything but grabbing, and ZSS shows us that a risky grab that has a high reward in no way prevents a character from succeeding. i believe villager is at least as good as ness or yoshi if not better
Well, to be fair, ZSS has guaranteed setups into grabs with Nair, Paralyzer Shot, and Dsmash, among others.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Ryu in a way has the Ganon factor. You can hit Ryu twenty times, he hits you five times and you die. His moves have ridiculously high damage, and then he kills you at 60-70%. But his Ganon factor, unlike its namesake character, is combined with mobility, zoning, a good recovery, and maybe the best frame data in the game. And he's already getting results. Why do people want him in tier 4?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, to be fair, ZSS has guaranteed setups into grabs with Nair, Paralyzer Shot, and Dsmash, among others.
Some of her moveset will probably be nerfed...like her up b

TSmasher1000

Smash Rookie
I don't think anyone should be moved down.
:4ryu::4metaknight::4villager::4luigi::4wario2::4falcon::4peach::4myfriends::4rob::4dk::4pit::4darkpit::4pacman:
+1 :4ryu:
+1 :4metaknight:
Also Wario's a lot better than people give him credit for. Good air mobility, basically a KO punch that can't be rid of and can be charged more easily, a neutral B that can make him hard to approach with some characters.

Last edited:

Freakykid99

Smash Rookie
I don't think anyone should be moved down.
:4ryu::4metaknight::4villager::4luigi::4wario2::4falcon::4peach::4myfriends::4dk::4pit::4darkpit::4pacman:
+1 :4ryu:
+1 :4metaknight:
Also Wario's a lot better than people give him credit for. Good air mobility, basically a KO punch that can't be rid of and can be charged more easily, a neutral B that can make him hard to approach with some characters.
:4villager::4falcon::4metaknight::4ryu::4luigi::4peach::4pacman::4pit::4darkpit::4myfriends::4dk::4wario2:

:4myfriends: -1
:4dk: -1
I main both of these guys. Neither of them are high tier.
Both of you are missing ROB from your votes.

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
"It's idiotic because I don't agree with it!"
Quick question: Is it possible for a character to drop down 2 tiers in this voting process? Because otherwise, :4dk: has nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Quick question: Is it possible for a character to drop down 2 tiers in this voting process? Because otherwise, :4dk: has nothing to worry about.
I don't think it works for now, just the most amount of votes moves(whether for better or for worse)

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
as i said in my direct reply to his comment, characters can only move up or down one tier, to quote browny
What will happen here, is that after I average out the placings of each character, the character with the most amounts of votes to move them, will move into the next tier.
bolded and underlined the relevant part... but u know, the votes are idiotic, because of reasons(despite directly asking for reasoning, still only got "its my opinion" :( )

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Just collated most of the votes to decide who I want to use my second vote on... hoo boy. I'm not gonna say what they are, but unless quite a few of you want to Up Vote DK, don't bother wasting your vote on him.

Secondly, I see lots of Meta Knight up votes. I understand he is good, but is he REALLY that good to be in tier 2?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I could vote but would it really matter? It's not like we'll ever get a stable tier list due to all the patches.

Anyway, I think :4falcon:should be B tier. After almost a year of maining I can say he is most definetly better than the current placing he is at now. Uugh if only I could show my moves to the world.

On another note I'm truly happy to see :4peach:in the higher tiers. After maining her for a while and studying the notorious top peach mains such as Slayerz, Kie, EOE, etc. I can surely say that this character is deeply amazing when you unlock her true potential.

Secondly, I see lots of Meta Knight up votes. I understand he is good, but is he REALLY that good to be in tier 2?
I believe so. I've been maining him recently as well and he definitely has a lot of potential. The U-airs into Up-B are too godlike!

Last edited:
Top Bottom