• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Routa

Smash Lord
6. Palutina, Mii Swordfighter, Mewtwo, Samus, Bowser, DDD, Mii Brawler
7. Mii Gunner, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Zelda

+1 Mii Swordfighter (only somewhat viable from the Miis when only 1111 Guest is allowed).
-1 Jigglypuff

Others the I would vote if I had more votes:
-1 Mii Brawler (he is horrible when you are only allowed to use 1111 Guest one).

Last edited:

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
So its going to be harder for me to do it as i dont know how to do icons, but....

6P:alutena, Bowser, Puff, Dedede, Brawler, Samus
7:Mii Swordsman, Gunner, Zelda, Gannondorf, Mewtwo

-1 Mewtwo

Also, yeah, how DID mewtwo rise. votes are still 5.
Just add a 4 before the name of a character, inbetween :

Say you wanna insert Palutena's icon, you would type : 4palutena : without spaces

Like this :4palutena:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Just add a 4 before the name of a character, inbetween :

Say you wanna insert Palutena's icon, you would type : 4palutena : without spaces

Like this :4palutena:
Thanks, one question, what dp you do for miis XD

EDIT: Also, how do i do roy. I dont want the koopa one XD

EDIT: How do i do diddy and zss and characters with more than one word? thanks!

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3

There is an easier way to add icons. See above the bit where you can write? You know, the icons with B, I, U etc... just right of the middle is a smiley face. Click on it and you will be met with lots of Pokemon, but you can see filters below for different occasions. Just click the "Smash 3DS / Wii U" one and you can just add character icons as you wish.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
So its going to be harder for me to do it as i dont know how to do icons, but....
Just go to the post editor, click on the button with the smiley, then click on the Smash 3DS / Wii U tab.

EDIT: Just realized there was another page I missed. Welp... :p

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

I'm assuming you can't select emoticons without typing them in manually so what you'd do is type in any of these for their specific character.
: 4bowser :: 4charizard :: 4dedede :: 4diddy :: 4dk :: 4fox :: 4greninja :: 4myfriends :: 4kirby :: 4littlemac :: 4link :: 4lucario :: 4luigi :: 4mario :: 4marth :: 4megaman :: 4olimar :: 4peach :: 4pikachu :: 4pit :: 4shulk :: 4metaknight :: 4robinf :: 4robinm :: 4lucina :: 4falcon :: 4pacman :: 4mii :: 4palutena :: substitute :: 4zss :: 4zelda :: 4yoshi :: 4wiifit :: 4villager :: 4tlink :: 4sonic :: 4sheik :: 4samus :: rosalina : : 4bowserjr :: 4darkpit :: 4drmario :: 4duckhunt :: 4falco :: 4ganondorf :: 4gaw :: 4jigglypuff :: 4miif :: 4miibrawl :: 4miigun :: 4miisword :: 4ness :: 4rob :: 4villagerf :: 4wiifitm :: 4wario :: 4wario2 : : 4wiremac :: 4larry :: 4ryu :: 4feroy :: 4lucas :: 4mewtwo :: 4alph :: 4ludwig :: 4lemmy :: 4duckhunt :: 4iggy :: 4wendy :: 4roy :
Just remove spaces in between the : and the other : and your done :p.
Hope that helps you.

Last edited:

Cyclone_

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLAMECMCT
Thats just a mathup, not an overall rank. Pit can still be himself. Fair can be used to keep Ike in the air and from using side b. GOs can block Ike's aether, making him fall to his death, and arrows are great for gimps (Dark Pit could do the same, but with Electroshock instead of arrows). A single matchup doesn't male a good reason for someone to be higher than the other.

People are treating Ike like Meta Knight when Leo beat Mr.R, saying he's top tier and stuff like that. Ike is definitely not better than anyone in tiers 3. Like ZeRo has said before(the only time I agree with him), Ike's either last in the low high tier or first in the high mid tier at best.
He has a good match up against :4wario2:, :4dk:,:4luigi:,and :4ryu:. His high arial mobility and his high damage output and kill combos can put him above everyone of these 4 except :4ryu:, because of his stupid good combos and damage output. Im not bandwagoning :4myfriends:, but am speaking from first hand experience of playing against a high level ike that i have watched beat all of these characters of around the same level of play.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He has a good match up against :4wario2:, :4dk:,:4luigi:,and :4ryu:. His high arial mobility and his high damage output and kill combos can put him above everyone of these 4 except :4ryu:, because of his stupid good combos and damage output. Im not bandwagoning :4myfriends:, but am speaking from first hand experience of playing against a high level ike that i have watched beat all of these characters of around the same level of play.
That doesn't help if you go off by one player. Example, :4zss::4pikachu:without Nairo or ESAM would be instantly dragged down to high tier(now that I think of it, they're probably the only ones to use these characters at big tournaments). Ike's only high level player that alot of people know is Ryo(probably the best one to). With a tier list, a character like:4myfriends:,:4pit:,or even :4peach:needs to be ranked by amount of high level players using that character, their MUs, strengths/weaknesses, and if they can be used at a tournament and win with that character. :4pit:has won tournaments before(mostly from Nairo and Earth)and got top 32 at Big House(from Pink Fresh). If you go through a whole big tournament(no matter where it's at)with one character like :4pit:,:4peach:,:4megaman:,:4wiifit: and get a high placing, then(besides the fact the player's good), that character deserves to be placed high(unless you're playing someone like :4ganondorf:or:4mewtwo:the whole tournament,then most likely you won't make it that far). I haven't seen an:4myfriends:main play like that, so until I do, he should be at the very bottom high tier to me at best(same placing i have with :4pit:,:4peach:,:4dk:, and :4lucas:).

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I totally forgot Dedede existed and then remembered that even if Jiggly is bottom 3 to me Dedede is still worse.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I totally forgot Dedede existed and then remembered that even if Jiggly is bottom 3 to me Dedede is still worse.
You know a character's bad when they're forgotten

D

Deleted member

There is zero way Dedede is that bad, especially with players like Big D and JDawg still showing he can still be decent.

You know a character's bad when they're forgotten
Nah people still remember Smellda Zelda, but for all the wrong reasons really.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There is zero way Dedede is that bad, especially with players like Big D and JDawg still showing he can still be decent.

Nah people still remember Smellda Zelda, but for all the wrong reasons really.
She's good...but not good in Smash(or by design, HW and Wind Waker are better than emo-type Zelda). Plus, those with a childhood can never forget about Zelda.

Routa

Smash Lord
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 could you please name some single WFT and Mega Man mains that do well in tournaments? Now I don't mean just regionals I mean also in major tournaments. Because with your logic Mega Man and WFT should not place as high as people put them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 could you please name some single WFT and Mega Man mains that do well in tournaments? Now I don't mean just regionals I mean also in major tournaments. Because with your logic Mega Man and WFT should not place as high as people put them.
I was using them as examples, but I do know Anti used Wii Fit at Big House. Megaman wasn't meant to be taken seriously, Pit and Peach yeah, while Wii Fit sorta.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
6.:4palutena::4ganondorf::4bowser::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4miibrawl:
7.:4samus::4zelda::4miisword::4miigun:

+1 :4palutena: Confirmed combos make her better than the rest of them.
Exactly what confirmed combos does Palutena have? Not picking fault (yet, I need to be enlightened before I attempt to), just need to know.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Also, people may be interested to see this if you haven't already, if you want to see how common a character is used. It's a list of the most commonly used characters in tournaments, in Top 32 and in Top 8 too. It's taken over many tournaments, it says that it even dates back to things like Apex 2013, but as this is Smash 4 we are talking about, we only have a years worth of tournaments to take from - http://i.imgur.com/ZnqkkPk.png.

Of note for me, 4 different Marth's in top 32 and a Samus in both top 8 and top 32 is something.

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
6:4palutena::4mewtwo::4samus::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4miibrawl::4bowser:
7:4ganondorf::4miigun::4miisword::4zelda:

+:4palutena:She just seems better than the rest along with some people using her well. I just don't have enough experience with Samus to move her up instead.

No changes needed for the bottom tier. They're all kind of bad compared to the rest of the cast and I don't think that having a good hard read game should justify being a tier higher for Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Oh my god, the main bias and hate bias is so clear here. Kirby at 35th, Bowser Jr. at 39th, Duck Hunt at 38th, Toon Link at 37th, Jigglypuff 46th, Villager 15th, Wario 16th, Luigi 20th, Olimar 23rd. Some of those are obvious hate bias.

And then meanwhile we have Marth at 34th, Donkey Kong at 19th, Ike 11th (WHAT THE BEEP???????!!!!!!!! HOW THE HECK DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE), Falco 28th, Shulk 31st, Link 32nd. Ovvious main bias.

I mean, some people might just have a differant opinion or are mistaken, perhapes don't know some character's viability and metagame and stuff, but many of those votes came from Main/Hate Bias.

Also anybody voting Jigglypuff down is severely hate biased, simple enough. Either that Or they have no idea how good she is.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ike 11th (WHAT THE BEEP???????!!!!!!!! HOW THE HECK DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE) I agree, it's pretty weird that he's that high.
Also anybody voting Jigglypuff down is severely hate biased, simple enough. Either that Or they have no idea how good she is.
Eh, before the patch it wasn't that unreasonable to want her lower than where she is now, and I can see why some people would still think she's that low, so I kinda doubt most people are doing it out of hate. Don't get me wrong, I disagree that she should be lowered, and I agree she should be higher, but I don't think we should call everyone that wants her lowered "hate biased", it seems a bit harsh.

Anyways, if you want to convince people that she's higher than 46, I think a better place to start would be showing off how the shield stun changes helped her playstyle the most out of the entire cast, that can't be a bad thing :p.

Last edited:

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
Tier 6 :4samus::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4palutena::4dedede:
Tier 7 :4ganondorf::4zelda::4miisword::4miigun:

+1 to Samus. Not good by any means, but better than the others here
+1 to Zelda. Ganon looks like he's gonna move up anyways, so I'll give the plus to Zelda. Definitely the worst character who isn't a mii, but not so terrible that a difference by tier separates her from the others in 6.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Eh, before the patch it wasn't that unreasonable to want her lower than where she is now, and I can see why some people would still think she's that low, so I kinda doubt most people are doing it out of hate. Don't get me wrong, I disagree that she should be lowered, and I agree she should be higher, but I don't think we should call everyone that wants her lowered "hate biased", it seems a bit harsh.

Anyways, if you want to convince people that she's higher than 46, I think a better place to start would be showing off how the shield stun changes helped her playstyle the most out of the entire cast, that can't be a bad thing :p.
Yeah, Eapicially before the patch, it's reasonable for people to think she is this bad if they don't know ANYTHING about her. Otherwise it's just plain hate biased.

Also I know it is harsh, that is why I said "Or don't know anything about her"

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
I think the massive amount of Ike upvotes was caused by three Ikes being present in the BH5 top 32 and when a character gets a lot of sudden representation they shoot up because people realize what they can do. Those votes just happened to come right before the final round of overall voting.

mysteryracer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sacredrose
I love it how people are predicting this shield change will have a huge impact in game, where in reality it will be a minor change for certain characters. Loving the hyperbole.
No you're right. For the most part, the new mechanics are a pretty minor change, with the exception of Pikachu, who benefits from this change extremely well. I do still think Rosalina is slightly worse with this patch, but nothing that would keep her away from top tier. My opinion on Luigi wasn't based on the patch, other than the fact that Luigi gets no benefits from the patch, but rather based on his nerfs.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think the massive amount of Ike upvotes was caused by three Ikes being present in the BH5 top 32 and when a character gets a lot of sudden representation they shoot up because people realize what they can do. Those votes just happened to come right before the final round of overall voting.
Ike Train, just like MK had
Oh my god, the main bias and hate bias is so clear here. Kirby at 35th, Bowser Jr. at 39th, Duck Hunt at 38th, Toon Link at 37th, Jigglypuff 46th, Villager 15th, Wario 16th, Luigi 20th, Olimar 23rd. Some of those are obvious hate bias.

And then meanwhile we have Marth at 34th, Donkey Kong at 19th, Ike 11th (WHAT THE BEEP???????!!!!!!!! HOW THE HECK DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE), Falco 28th, Shulk 31st, Link 32nd. Ovvious main bias.
Thank You, someone notices how bias people can be(hating on others with no real reason at all). DH and Bowser Jr need some more love, Wario is alright...but Ike being 11th makes less sense than Dan being the best in Street Fighter or Pichu in Melee.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3

And then meanwhile we have Marth at 34th, Donkey Kong at 19th, Ike 11th (WHAT THE BEEP???????!!!!!!!! HOW THE HECK DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE), Falco 28th, Shulk 31st, Link 32nd. Obvious main bias.
I know that you are getting at with this quote, but a few of those are poor examples, because some of those "hate bias" characters, like Luigi, Wario, and Villager are pretty decent in their places. Some of those "main bias" characters are pretty finely placed. Most notably Marth and Falco. These two are two very sold characters.

I do agree with most the rest though. Ike's placement is pathetic, DK does not deserve to be that high up (especially when he loses to characters like Samus, Luigi and Toon Link for example, all of which are lower down. Link higher than Toon Link is a joke. Shulk is good if the player can consistently Monado Art Cancel, but that alone doesn't fix his laggy smashes and aerials.

mysteryracer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sacredrose
After some experience with the patch, my opinions have changed. A lot of people, including myself, saw this patch to change major mechanics of the game, when it's only changed minor things, and voted based on assumptions rather than experience. Now that a lot of us are more experienced with the patch, we can vote for placements more accurately.

:4pikachu:+1 Pikachu in my opinion is the best character in the game now. The new shield mechanics are enough to make Quick Attack unpunishable unless you're a god and can power shield all hits. Pikachu now has better approach with fair, dair, and spaced f-smash. Luigi is no longer a threat to Pikachu due to his nerfs. Sheik, the only competitor for best in the game, now has a harder time because Sheik can't punish some of Pikachu's approaches, such as Quick Attack, and her needles have less shieldstun, due to the change in shield mechanics. It's a good day for Pikachu mains.

:4gaw: +1 Way too low for Game & Watch. Great disjointed normals that can apply pressure, almost lagless dash attack that is a great zone breaker, great punish game with combos at nearly all percents, fast smash attacks with little cooldown and great knockback, super armor on up smash, good disjointed jab that can apply pressure up close and force options from the opponent, great ledge guard game with fair, bair, and up special, projectile absorber with bucket which unleashes a projectile with a huge hitbox that can instakill, 9 judge hammer hax that can turn the tides of a battle instantly, etc. Game & Watch only struggles against strong camp game from campy characters such as Villager and Link. With the new shield mechanics, Game & Watch can apply pressure without worrying about being punished for a spaced fair, etc. Game & Watch needs more representation.

:4bowser: -1 Bowser is the worst character in the game, in my opinion, and the only people who lose to Bowser are those who either don't know the matchup, or make really stupid mistakes. Bowser has an abysmal neutral that makes characters like Donkey Kong laugh at him. Bowser can be punished for doing almost any move, including tilt attacks, which makes it nearly impossible for Bowser to apply any sort of pressure on the opponent. Bowser's only option against pressure is up special on the ground, which is punishable on sheild; it's easy to bait Bowser into an up special. Bowser's neutral special is really easy to DI out of, and can be punished if the opponent shields the neutral special. Bowser's only redeeming values are whiffing a forward smash or an up smash, getting the side special, or breaking the opponents shield with a down special. All of the options mentioned are easy to spot and dodge, and if you can dodge all of them, Bowser will never win. So why is Bowser not in bottom tier?

DarkK

Smash Apprentice
After some experience with the patch, my opinions have changed. A lot of people, including myself, saw this patch to change major mechanics of the game, when it's only changed minor things, and voted based on assumptions rather than experience. Now that a lot of us are more experienced with the patch, we can vote for placements more accurately.

:4pikachu:+1 Pikachu in my opinion is the best character in the game now. The new shield mechanics are enough to make Quick Attack unpunishable unless you're a god and can power shield all hits. Pikachu now has better approach with fair, dair, and spaced f-smash. Luigi is no longer a threat to Pikachu due to his nerfs. Sheik, the only competitor for best in the game, now has a harder time because Sheik can't punish some of Pikachu's approaches, such as Quick Attack, and her needles have less shieldstun, due to the change in shield mechanics. It's a good day for Pikachu mains.

:4gaw: +1 Way too low for Game & Watch. Great disjointed normals that can apply pressure, almost lagless dash attack that is a great zone breaker, great punish game with combos at nearly all percents, fast smash attacks with little cooldown and great knockback, super armor on up smash, good disjointed jab that can apply pressure up close and force options from the opponent, great ledge guard game with fair, bair, and up special, projectile absorber with bucket which unleashes a projectile with a huge hitbox that can instakill, 9 judge hammer hax that can turn the tides of a battle instantly, etc. Game & Watch only struggles against strong camp game from campy characters such as Villager and Link. With the new shield mechanics, Game & Watch can apply pressure without worrying about being punished for a spaced fair, etc. Game & Watch needs more representation.

:4bowser: -1 Bowser is the worst character in the game, in my opinion, and the only people who lose to Bowser are those who either don't know the matchup, or make really stupid mistakes. Bowser has an abysmal neutral that makes characters like Donkey Kong laugh at him. Bowser can be punished for doing almost any move, including tilt attacks, which makes it nearly impossible for Bowser to apply any sort of pressure on the opponent. Bowser's only option against pressure is up special on the ground, which is punishable on sheild; it's easy to bait Bowser into an up special. Bowser's neutral special is really easy to DI out of, and can be punished if the opponent shields the neutral special. Bowser's only redeeming values are whiffing a forward smash or an up smash, getting the side special, or breaking the opponents shield with a down special. All of the options mentioned are easy to spot and dodge, and if you can dodge all of them, Bowser will never win. So why is Bowser not in bottom tier?
Glad to know shulk moved in the tier he deserves. :4charizard:+1
Not how the voting process works right now. You can only vote up or down one character respectively from tier 6 or tier 7

Last edited:
Top Bottom